Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Major Faction Administration Rule #5

Lazy for the Link:

5. Roleplay Judges and SWRP Administrators are prohibited from joining Major Faction Moderation, Creative, or Administrative teams in any capacity, to include subfactions and other related factions of note.

This is one of those sensible rules we used to apply, but have been lax with in recent years, due to the voluntary nature of the Staff team and the wish for our volunteers to be able to partake in the community. However, as stated to the SWRP Staff Team, it is a reasonable expectation of both myself and this community that we do our best to remain objective and unbiased in both our duties and the community's perception. This ruling returns to provide that clear line in the sand of what is an acceptable expectation of members elevated to the SWRP Staff Team.

To be blunt, this extends to the Discord cliques, this extends to those Discord leadership roles, it's such a bad look to be in leadership roles for a Faction's discord but also claim you're an objective RPJ or Administrator. It's something you never see me - the forum owner - doing, have never seen me do, not an example I set nor propagate. I know a lot of our community has preferred friend circles, friendships lasting as long as the forum has existed. Not only is this cool and chill from a social perspective, it's expected. However, this community is more than large enough to afford this small sacrifice, and to continue the tradition of recycling old friends into Major Faction Admin/Staff/Creative/whateverthey'recalledthisyear teams denies chances to new people to fill those roles. There may be a few in the community that remember the time we randomly made a member with two months experience an Administrator, I implore all Factions of all sizes to take that sort of risk on occasion.

As for the SWRP Staff Team, per our recent conversation on Discord, there's no harm in stepping down to help out a faction you're biased towards. If you're excited for a concept, I'm there to encourage you. But we have to make that clear break, we can't muddy the lines. Again, this ruling returns to very publicly enforce that. As long as we make that clear break, between volunteer duties and friends, it's not a big deal in the slightest.

Last edited:
e11e24165482e4f5197917bab2e411b6.png

Ended last year with NIO Admin laugh reacts, ending this year with CIS Admin laugh reacts, I'm trading next year's spot for discord boosts pls

obligatory reacts don't matter btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom