OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a set of heavy, long range turbolasers for Primo Victorian.
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: Turbolaser
- Permissions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Primo Victorian Shipwright
- Affiliation: Primo Victorian Shipwright
- Market Status: Closed-Market
- Model: VEW-ABTT2 “Maher”
- Modularity: No
- Production: Limited
- Durasteel Reinforced Manganese Brass Chambers
- Crystalaminum Reinforced Impervium Outer Panels
- Quadanium Reinforced Durasteel Frame
- Phrik Plated Manganese Brass Interior Panels
- Quadanium Reinforced Alusteel Secondary Panels
- Reinforced Duraplast and Crystaplast Latticed Liner
- Dallorian Alloy/Galven Coils Barrell, Internal Launch
- Manganese Brass Coated Solar Converter Housing
- Utilizes, Kyber Focusing Crystals, Boreas Crystal and Canarocite
- Utilizes, Tibanna Gas, and other blaster gases
- Classification: Turbolaser
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Ammunition Type: High-Energy Gas to Plasma Bolts
- Ammunition Capacity: Large
- Effective Range: Long Range
- Rate of Fire: High
- Damage Output: High
- Recoil: Average
- Canarocite ore amplification channel.
- Boreas crystal cooling matrix chambers.
- Plasma charge channel, magnetic neutron tube.
- Dedicated power generator, tibanna gas capacitors.
- Kyber focusing crystal chambers.
- Other blaster gas capacitors, containment locks.
- Flux conversion channel, magnetic dissipators, focusing coils.
- Galven coils, and particle accelerator beams.
- Emergency stop point, emergency shutdown.
- Built-in rangefinder with target lock-on/lead system.
- Heuristic process for data gathering purposes.
- Built-in emergency containment systems and fail safes.
- Built-in inertial compensators and radiation control systems.
- Internal radiation flush and temperature check.
- Internal radiation monitor and cleaning systems.
- 270° Traverse with 0° to 110° Elevation, fast track mount capable.
- Impact: The Maher is designed to hit hard at distance.
- Short: Unable to hit targets within short and close turbolaser ranges.
- Size: Not suitable for targeting small craft, such as starfighters and some shuttles.
The Maher is part of Primo Victorian’s efforts to modernize and reinvigorate its energy weapons lineup. Expanding on the basic principles of the Blackmaw the Maher is built with the new Canarocite ore, in addition to bringing over the cooling matrix that features the Boreas Crystal. The Maher will also utilize a synthetic kyber focusing crystal, eliminating its inherent Force properties.
As part of the new line up the Maher is designed to excel at long-range combat. The very idea of reach out and touch someone. Maher does so with great efficiency, hitting harder than many of the heavy turbolasers in its class. Part of this is the new Canarocite Ore which amplifies the beam’s strength and duration. Another part is the cooling matrix that features the Boreas Crystal, drawing heat away from crucial components and keeping them cooler, for longer periods of time.
Finally, the beams’ focus is on par if not better than other heavy turbolasers in its class. This is thanks to its synthetic kyber focusing crystal that is shaped specifically for various tasks. In this particular case, shaped to create a more cohesive beam that pacts particles tightly giving a clean hit with less decay and loss as it reaches the extent of the Maher’s range. The kyber focusing crystals also lead to an improved recharge rate, and when coupled with the cooling matrix chambers the recharge rate is thus improved further.
This heavy turbolaser is designed to hit at long range and makes use of magnetic dissipators, focusing coils, galven coils along with particle accelerator beams that line the interior of the turbolaser’s barrel. The beams lay beneath the coils working to do exactly as it is named to accelerate the plasma particles after they’ve been converted from their gas state. This adds to the why and the how the Maher is able to hit as hard as it does.