Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loyalists, Please Stand

So, I was going over my characters recently, and realized a greater portion of them have been loyal to a fault - over which faction/person, has changed, but mostly all are. Then I thought about it, there seems to be few out there with the same ideals.

I just wonder who does. Do you have any characters whom have indefinitely been loyal to a single person or faction? Ie, Zaiden and his clone, bear extreme loyalty towards Ashin Varanin. Damien, views Voracitos as the greatest being in existence and has followed him to a T. Also, he is extremely loyal to the Sith.

Who else?

Back in the day, Kaine was strictly loyal to the Empire as an entity, and to the imperialist ideals on which it was founded.

Currently he possesses an unwavering loyalty to the Dark Lord of the One Sith and the One Sith philosophy.

Siobhan, despite being tremendously self-centred, a big nympho and rather brutal, is extremely, unwaveringly loyal to her wife [member="Tegaea Alcori"]. Probably the only person she has absolute faith in. She'd probably also be ready to go kill anyone and burn anything Tegs asked her to.

As for groups, well, she goes where Tegs goes. These days she feels no allegiance to any of the great powers on the map, but is dedicated to Kaeshana, the Eldorai and their Queen (Anya), who's a dear friend. Oh, and she's consistent in fanatically hating Sith.

Kasamann said:
Soooo....

To the Sith then? Lol gotta make it all technical and stuff
Only to one philosophical view of the Sith.

Like if someone made, let's say... a Sith Council with ten Sith Lords and a Dark Lord that directly opposes the Dark Lord he's already loyal to, then he wouldn't be particularly found nor loyal to that Council.

Despite being a habitual backstabber Moira is loyal...to a cause. Namely the Age of Steel. That is eradicating organic life and creating a mechanical dystopia. Ironically enough the ideological of the purity of metal she pursues is very reminiscent of that of organic religious fanatics...and she happens to have been born on a crazy cultist planet stuck in the dark ages.

She does not care about other people though. Or machines (including those who likewise pursue the cause). She and [member="Maelion Liates"] aren't 'friends' since that's an organic concept. She 'likes' [member="Cora Passek"]...but in the end she'll still want to process her.

Even though I have not played this character for a long time, he will always be loyal to himself and his sister Jasmine. He won't ever let her down, even though she was taken from him.

A recurring theme/issue with Razelle for the entire time I've been writing her has been loyalty. She had no loyalty to her creator, but great loyalty to Clan Brenner, who took her in. She had perfect loyalty to the Empire, which was challenged when she began her double-agent career with the Republic. Her split loyalties resulted in her being the direct cause of the deaths of several people she was close to, and eventually she became the primary cause of a huge naval tragedy that resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands. After that, she found a new direction to focus her energies, and became quite loyal to [member="Nessarose deWinter"]. Then she met [member="Domino"] and the only reason her loyalties didn't get strained again was because they were both working for the same side.

At every turn, Raz is given someone to be loyal to, and almost without fail, she always finds a way to fail them. Open betrayal is common, as is simply disappearing when she's needed. I like pairing the theme of loyalty with the theme of failure, which makes for great pathos. Unfortunately, it also makes Raz rather unstable.

Like all of my other characters.

Ven has always gone where those she loves go. When she had no one, she followed her morals. But when Circe came into her life... well, we all know about the faction an belief hopping she did. After she heard that she had 'been used', everything she thought she knew felt like a lie. Then she turned to good 'ol [member="Ventasia Terana"]. That lasted five minutes. Circe came back, Ven left OP space, yadayada. Most recently she realized that she loves Tasia more than anything else. So, with that, she is now working with the Protectorate again.
While trying to work up the courage to pop the question (which she did... only after a major concussion, while having a shard of glass lodged in her eye... Tasia decided not to count that as a proposal).

Rebellious Vanguard
At the end of the day, Tasia's loyalties have always been with herself. She started as a Jedi, but was a bit too rouge for them. So she drifted towards the Protectorate, where she has remained. Even now, due to being who she is, even that is fragile to an extent. She was never part of some pirate group or gang, didn't make close friends in the Republic. Hell, her list of 'friends' is counted on one hand...and doesn't reach all five fingers. The only constant she's had through it all is [member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"], even though she's been put through hell and back with her too. All she wants is a place to call her own, her past to stay there, and a couple hundred broken bodies in her wake along with a fat check.

Is that too much for a girl to ask?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom