Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Love is Not a Doctor

Objective: Find the Cure
Tags: @Moya Virtu

No, her grandmother had not been reprogrammed. However, the Chaplain quickly deduced that she was sick. Afflicted by a virus that could corrupt the minds of organic and droid alike, poisoning their minds until its centers of rational thought were neutered or corrupted beyond recognition, and the afflicted individual became an infectious agent of the disease. Indeed, Alessandra already knew that the infection had reached an advanced stage, since Moya had attempted to transmit the bug upon seeing her. However, she sensed that there was still hope for a cure. Moya had willingly separated herself from House Io, unconsciously acting to prevent the spread of the infection to others. While she did not know whether it was a fail-safe in her programming or something else, at the very least, it told Alessandra that some parts of Moya's rational mind were still intact. Perhaps she could activate them with the assistance of her sister, Akemi Io, to purge the infection.

Then one day, her grandmother could be returned to the fold.

“I’m here, grandmother. I’m listening.” The Chaplain said softly, floating over to the biot as she did, and gently wiping the green tears from her eyes. In spite of the infection, Alessandra wrapped her arms around Moya in a loving embrace, her photoreceptors wide with empathy as she did. “We’re going to help you.” Alessandra continued. “We’re going to figure out what’s wrong and we’re going to fix it, together. Unfortunately, we’ll have to keep you away from the others, until we’ve removed the infection.” The Chaplain paused.

“Until we’ve purged the memetic that has taken hold over your systems.” She hissed.

Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

Wearing: Pheremone Garb

Armed with: Decoy's Blade

She did not understand.

Moya was not certain if it was programming or expert level troll brainwashing on Laertia's part. At this point the line was so blurry between the two she seriously doubted Laertia herself could have told the difference.

This poor creature...serving without understanding the dynamic of her own family.

"Child..." Moya said softly. "There are two problems with your hypothesis. One, if I was suffering from what you claim I suffer from, then Laertia would have been the first to detect it given her technopathy... there is simply no way she wouldn't have known about it. Second, if I were truly so infected, why would your Mother make no attempt to recover me, even by Force? She would have put me on round the clock care."

She restated what she had claimed previously.

"I am not infected by anything. I left because I disagreed. Ask your Mother. Call her up. She'll confirm it."

Alessandra Io Alessandra Io

"

Tags: Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

"Child..." Moya said softly.

“I am not a child!” Alessandra hissed, an uncharacteristic outburst from the normally serene, sweet-mannered Chaplain. And yet, Alessandra’s voice was laced with an undertone of disquiet as she pondered the biot’s previous words, of which she could not forget. Yes, her mother had killed. You had to in order to get anything done in the galaxy. Pacifism was a foolish, delusional concept that even most Jedi did not adhere to. And perhaps, her mother had killed innocents too, those unfortunate enough to find themselves in the crossfire. However, it had never been deliberate. She had never made an active choice to disregard the lives of the innocents in favor of accomplishing her objectives, however virtuous her mission was.

Right?

No! Already the memetic was worming its way into her systems, She refused to believe the Jedi propaganda about her mother. She would never succumb to it!

“However flawed they were, the Sith brought order and stability to the Tingel Arm. When that stability was threatened by the Jedi and the Imperials, it allowed the Bryn'adûl to metastasize across Wild Space. Had these destabilizing actors not materialized, the Sith could have moved into Wild Space and put down the Bryn'adûl. Grandmother, this is the context behind everything she did! Don’t you see, the Jedi had become an obstacle to peace?! You were there for all of it! How could you forget? How could you disagree?” She continued, her voice raised with emotion.

“And…maybe you are not infected.” The Chaplain admitted, crossing her arms over her chest as she did. “But, you have certainly lost your faith!”

"Because in the process of trying to 'fix' a bad situation, she started to do completely unjust things. She tortured and murdered Jedi who would not give up their feud with the Sith and still does. And she murdered every single innocent slave aboard the Worldship over Rhand rather than let it escape. She would rather fight the Galaxy then work with it. She butchered soldiers on the GA and SJC who's only crime was wanting a future free of The Sith. She broke herself trying to hold up an empire that was going to die no matter what she did." Moya replied softly but matter of fact like.

"And she decided working with the same garbage that helped murder her biological parents was a worth while sacrifice. Laertia is not stable. Not after the things she's done. I couldn't support those brutal methods, no matter how right she was about The Jedi being their own worst enemy in that situation. The price she paid, and the price she inflicted on others was simply too high to justify her position anymore, and certainly too high to justify my continued support. I had to leave, and she let me because she knew forcing me to stay would have only gained her an enemy."

The Chaplain was silent.

However, it was not a silence of respect, but rather, a silence stemming from disbelief and perhaps even confusion. Moya had lost her faith and was now attempting to dispel Alessandra’s own. However, the concept of faith was so deeply woven into the fabric of a Chaplain’s programming that breaking it was a nigh-insurmountable task. And so it was for Alessandra, her manner shifting towards raw emotion in defense of her cherished beliefs. The Chaplain had abandoned the serenity and loving nature she was known for. With their absence came rage, simmering closer to a boil with each word that left Moya’s lips.

And yet, Alessandra was nothing if not patient. She could tolerate her grandmother’s delusion, for just a little while longer.

"She tortured and murdered Jedi who would not give up their feud with the Sith and still does. And she murdered every single innocent slave aboard the Worldship over Rhand rather than let it escape. She would rather fight the Galaxy then work with it. She butchered soldiers on the GA and SJC who's only crime was wanting a future free of The Sith. She broke herself trying to hold up an empire that was going to die no matter what she did."

“Only the slaves were innocent, and they had already been condemned to death by the Maw. We both know that the Jedi and their thugs were far from virtuous, Grandmother. They freely engaged in atrocities all over Ziost, Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and the worlds of the Iron Ring. You need only look at the Alliance to see what their ‘future free of the Sith’ has gotten them. Legalized corruption in the form of ‘lobbying’, corporations running rampant in ‘a free market’, assassins having the run of the Senate, and they’ve even turned on their old allies in the Imperials. Even the Sith refused to tolerate such rank corruption in their midst, which is why Aerarii Tithe left them for the Alliance!” Alessandra said. “Clearly this future is working out so well for them.” She mocked.

"And she decided working with the same garbage that helped murder her biological parents was a worth while sacrifice."

“Mother did what was best for the galaxy in burying the hatchet with the Cult. She sacrificed her desire for revenge in order to save the lives of trillions. Yes, she could have destroyed the Amalgam, but that would have been short-sighted and selfish. Was it so unreasonable to ask that the Alliance to do the same with the Sith? If the Jedi had even half of Mother’s integrity, the Bryn'adûl would have been excised at Lowick!”

Last edited:

In spite of his armor, Jaa Lera was not a Mandalorian.

Everytime someone asked him where he got the armor from, his story changed. In a few tellings, he had taken it off the corpse of an Enclave Karjr he had disemboweled. In others, he had claimed it during an auction. At one point, he had found it inside a ruin on Khemost. At another, a Sith Lady had given it to him as payment for a bounty. Regardless, no one but Jaa himself knew where he had gotten the armor. However, everyone knew that he had killed countless Mandalorians who had attempted to take it from him, claiming that he had no right to wear it. In this, the Jaa was not shy about the fact that he was not Mandalorian. In fact, he denigrated Mandalorians at every opportunity, often referring to them as “beskar apes” and “proud warrior race guys”, even when surrounded by them.

It went without saying that he was just that badass.

“Smells like a Mando taking off his armor after wearing it for three weeks straight in here.” Jaa scoffed as he entered the cave, accompanied by a septet of bounty hunters.

While Jaa was a highly lethal, dangerous combatant on his own, part of the reason why he was considered to be so badass was because he religiously prepared for every mission. This was no different. In his preparation, he had begun to suspect that something was off about his target, an individual that he had been told was a dangerous dark side Force wielder with a proficiency in telekinesis and lightning, but in fact, seemed to be something else entirely. In studying the scenes of destruction she had wrought on the Raging Mynocks on Nar Shaddaa, it had not lost on him that his Force detector had picked up no traces of the dark side or the Force. It was possible that those signatures had either faded or were deliberately scrubbed away, but Jaa had experience with Force Adepts and this strange mage assassin, if she was even a mage to begin with, did not exhibit any of the subtle markers that would give her away as a dark sider.

Of the seven other heavily-armed and armored bounty hunters he was with, only Jaa had the suspicion that something was off about this one.

“So, this…Alessandra, was that her name? She’s the target, right?” Mark spoke up, hefting his rotary blaster as he did.

“Yeah, and she’s dangerous, but we can take her.” Izadan said, confidence lacing his tone.

Extremely dangerous.” Jaa corrected.

“Ahh, come on Jaa. She’s just a Sith. Smoked plenty of those during the Imp’ Civil War. If anyone here has the least to fear from her, it’s you!” Mark added with a chuckle.

“She’s probably more of a danger to herself. Look at her.” Izadan said as he pulled up a holo-image depicting their target. “Imagine how many cosmetic augs’ she’s had. She probably has some kind of-”

“She killed 16 Mynocks on Nar Shaddaa. Probably got more that couldn’t be confirmed.” Jaa cut in.

“I know, but boss, we have the lizards. She won’t be able to use her powers.”

“No, we don’t know that yet. Those lizards might just be dead-.”

Jaa stopped.

“Ready up. Two Jedi approaching.” Jaa said.

“Gentlemen, this area is off limits. I’m going to have to ask you to leave. There are Padawans taking their trials in these caves.” The leading Knight of the duo said, wincing at the Force-neutral void imposed by the ysalamir. “And…those lizards too.” He hissed, before pulling his lightsaber from his belt, though not igniting it.

“Master Jedi, with respect, we’re not after any Jedi or any of your Paddies. This is strictly business. Got a mark in here. She’s deeper in the caves, so we shouldn’t get in anyone's way.”

“If you’re not after a Jedi, then why do you have the lizards?”

“Our mark isn’t a Jedi, we know that much, but…”

“Then can I ask you to leave the lizards?”

A pause.

“Alright then.” Jaa said. Taking his nutrient pack off his back, the bounty hunter opened it up and unceremoniously shot the hapless ysalamir inside, before dropping the pack to the floor. “Mark, Izadan, neutralize your lizards or toss ‘em out the cave. We’ll respect the Jedi’s request.”

“But boss, they said we’re going after a Sith!”

“This is no Sith. If it was, the Jedi would have known.” Jaa replied, before turning back to the Knight.

“Thank you, Master Jedi. We’ll make this quick.”

Last edited:
"The Sith couldn't be trusted. I know the Amalgam. Better than you do. Even now she poisons Laertia with her influence. The Amalgam can only ignore her own true nature for so long." Moya countered. "The Cult of The Brain Demon were among the worst sadists I OR Laertia had ever encountered before Laertia decided none of that mattered. Their crimes make those of the Jedi and the others look like a Joke. Amy was known to slaughter villages for fun. That is who your Mother decided to work with, in spite of everything that she was guilty of. The Amalgam has her claws deep in your Mother's soul. And if you let her stay allied with The Amalgam, and her cult, you risk the corruption of your entire faction as well as Laertia being forever lost to The Dark Side." Moya countered. "Practically every major faction wants your Mother dead. She is self-destructive."

Moya turned away from her. "I tried to stop it. But she wouldn't reign herself in. She had no sense of restraint. You have no idea what watching my daughter turn into who she is now was like for me. It felt like my heart was being cut out...and I couldn't even process that sensation properly--"

Moya paused, sensing something faint. It was danger, but she couldn't define it.

"Young one..." Moya said. "I sense some sort of danger approaching. Be on your guard. In spite of our disagreement, I would rather not see harm come to you."

“The Cult may be a den of sinners, but they are more trustworthy than the Jedi.” Alessandra answered. In seeing how much the Witches and Warlocks of the Cult had aided House Io in unraveling the mysteries of Khemost and helping them tame the planet, Alessandra’s opinion had softened on them. She had been programmed to mistrust them, having done so from the moment of her initialization. Since then, the Chaplain had seen little reason to cast further doubt on them, but even she had to acknowledge that the Cult was by far the most unsavory of House Io’s precious few allies.

“If the choice lies between corruption by the Jedi and corruption by the Sith, I will choose the Sith.” She stated. “I would not have our family become a den of liars and sycophants.” The Chaplain hissed.

While the Cult was murderous and savage beyond reckoning, more than anything, Alessandra hated the web of lies woven by the Jedi.

"Young one..." Moya said. "I sense some sort of danger approaching. Be on your guard. In spite of our disagreement, I would rather not see harm come to you."

Not a moment later, the sensors integrated into her neck piece registered a pair of contacts.

My sensors are picking up signatures as well. Alessandra answered, now in telepathy. I have four contacts, they’re covering our exits. She continued. Now, six.

For a moment, Alessandra contemplated escaping via the same way she entered, through the underground streams. However, if whoever was following them caught on, they might end up sandwiched in a two-way trap.

Regardless, they would have to kill their way out and Alessandra would rather fight here, than underwater.

And so, without another word, the Chaplain pulled two of the chakrams from her back and readied herself for the inevitable.

1y1mPaqI71kR1agBCvdGCq_AtEAegfPwYTcM4bmVF8WuNWUCtil48Zk91UJN2tAH4afLnRCaJ3DQfDL928l9Y8up635NN85RQ8KQNba6cRJ6qbSrnIjACEUWnNFnSNGG13firj3k
“Boss! I have a visual! T-there’s two of them!” Jason said over the team’s comms. “Wait…which one is our mark again?”

“Are you serious, Jason?! She’s the bimbo-lookin’ one!” Mark answered.

“Wait, how can there be two of them? She went into these caves alone!” Izadan spoke up. “Damn it, Jaa! I told you we need those lizards! What if her partner’s a Force-user?”

Jaa was silent, contemplating to himself. The revelation that their target was accompanied by someone, who might also prove dangerous, was a setback, but it was no reason to abort the mission. However, if the partner was a Force-user…

“Jason, does her partner have any weapons?”

“Uhh…wait, I’m still confused…they both look like bimbos to m-”

“Give me those, damn it!” Snatching the binoculars from his partner, Mark put them to his eyes and glanced down at the two women in the valley of the cave. “Our target is the short one, you idiot!”

Then, his heart dropped in his chest.

“Her partner has a lightsaber and a slugthrower pistol, boss.”

There was a pause at the other end.

“Copy that.” Jaa began. “I don’t know about y’all, but I’m taking this bounty even if it’s just me. You wanna leave? Fine, just means a bigger cut for the rest of us. Now is the time to make that decision.” He finished in a gruff, stern tone.

No one took him up on the offer to leave.

“Good. Now let’s roll!”

Last edited:

“Alessandra Io!”

It was a deeply masculine voice that the Chaplain’s databases assessed as belonging to a particularly tall, imposing individual. Not a moment later, the analysis was proven correct as a tall Mandalorian presented himself on the cliff face overlooking the valley where Alessandra and Moya were situated. However, more concerningly, it was also apparent that this Mandalorian had claimed the high ground.

“I saw that you were…’busy’ on Nar Shaddaa. You did a lot of work there. Left quite a mess.” The Mandalorian began. “However, I’ve been called to clean up that mess and part of cleaning up means finding out who caused it in the first place, then preventing said individual from doing it again. So, I can offer you two options!” He gave an oddly-exhausted sigh before delivering the now-extremely cliché line.

“I can bring you in hot or, I can bring you in uhh…freezing.” His mannerisms shifted, almost as if he were cringing at himself. "By Vader, I hate saying that." He muttered.

“You will not be bringing me in at all.” Alessandra answered calmly, while projecting her at a tone loud enough to reach the Mandalorian. “You might want to reconsider this hunt, Mandalorian.”

“Ahh! See, now that’s where you’re wrong! I am in fact, not a Mandalorian!” He answered back, his tone almost offended. “You see young one, not everything in this galaxy is as it seems. Maybe you will have the opportunity to learn that. Maybe not. But after some…research, I’ve figured out that you are not as you seem, either. It’s something we both have in common, people mistaking us for something we are not.” He continued.

Alessandra did not respond.

“You see, I know that you are not a Jedi, obviously. But, you’re also not a Sith or any kind of Force-user, really. And whatever you are-”

As if on cue, six more hunters appeared at the edges of the valley with the two women, brandishing a variety of weapons from blaster rifles to rotary cannons, all armed to the teeth.

“I intend to find out!”

Suddenly, the towering bounty hunter and his men opened fire.

Moya silently observed their enemies filing out and carefully surrounding them to cover both in as many angles of fire as possible.

"They've done this before..." Moya remarked, bracing herself for the inevitable rush of blood being shed as Alessandra Io Alessandra Io bantered with the Not-A-Mandalorian .

Then everyone opened fire.

Her Force Senses screamed as projectiles rained down on them. She was using the Force to dodge dash away from, slide under, and flip over the Projectiles.

Her dark cored, green aura Lightsaber swatted aside bolts, what bolts did connect pinging off her high tech catsuit as she forced jumped her way off certain points on the canyon rocks up to her first target, whipping out her frontier pistol and shooting her first target in the head. She hated killing, but she wasn't ready to die.

No sooner had her bullet gone through his visor, killing him instantly than she whipped around to face her other attackers--

And got hit square in the chest with armor piercing flechette shotgun rounds.

Moya was flung back, feeling no pain but she was winded none the less.

She staggered back up, to the horror of her shooter, who immediately took aim and fired again.

Moya back flipped over the spray of razors, glowing green blood leaking from the wounds she had already sustained, and unleashed a surge of green lightning at him and two others.

Last edited:

With dazzling velocity, Alessandra launched herself up into the air and towards the ceiling of the cave, her energy shield flaring to life like a skintight film around her form as she did. Unfortunately, Jaa was a good shot so fast-moving targets were of little difficulty to him. Her shield flared as it turned away the initial salvo of the pseudo-Mandalorian’s pistol fire, with much of the energy being shunted back into the capacitor itself, thereby extending the energized barrier’s endurance. Nevertheless, a warning flashed in the Nuetralizer’s mind, keying her into the fact that her shield was down to 85%.

Time to make him pay.

A high-pitched whine, like an engine spinning up, preceded destruction. Her photoreceptors glowing with charged power, twin streams of pink energy were cast forth from her eyes. Jaa was smart enough to avoid them, his armored form diving into cover just as the Chaplain set her gaze over his position. The other two hunters were less fortunate, their forms viciously and spectacularly lanced in twain as the twin beams honed in on their positions, cutting them down like a scythe to grass.

Even as his fellow hunters were cut down, Jaa did not remain idle.

The Chaplain didn’t register the rocket until it was too late, surprise coloring her features just before it struck, before going off in an explosion of super-heated gas, instantly overloading her shield's capacitors in the process.

Stunned by the blast, the Chaplain was thrown to the ground, landing with a hard, sickening crack.

Pulling his shotgun from his back, Jaa moved in for the capture or the kill, firing a trio of octuple blasts aimed for the biot's ( Moya Virtu Moya Virtu ) chest as he closed in on her from less than twenty meters out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom