Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public LOTS │ Tenets of the Lightsaber (Open to all Sith)

Quintus Varro

Q
With a nod Quintus had stayed quiet until they were separated off as he tested the feel of the sparring saber in his hand. "I appreciate your offer of aid, but beware a hand stretched too far in aid here gets chopped off." Looking around the room as people comfortably jumped right into combat he knew just how behind he as on the subject. "I do appreciate it though, and if you're willing to help, I'm willing to learn anything I can."

He had lost the fake mantle to when Darth Acharon had called him out, but he hadn't punished him like his old master would have. In the end it was a favorable exchange, and now he could learn openly. Trying to mock up some type of opening form he lifted up the saber high as he waited for his opponent to make the first move. He wasn't doubting that there would be pain involved here, but as long as there was learning as well, he would endure.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn

With a trumpet of pleasure the Cragmoloid approached his unknown opponent bouncing the training saber in his hand as he approached. He'd never fought under their forms before, but he'd fought against them a number of times. Besides he was approaching something of a serious state for the first time in decades, and perhaps it was just simply time to learn more then the abilities that came at him easily.

Giving a nod of respect he hit the switch on the training hilt as he examined it's size and weight. "I suppose I should be pleased. They finally make something in my size and have to attach the word great to it. Perhaps I've just been asking for things the wrong way all along. I need a great ship, a greath fething hololift, a great bed where my feet don't touch the floor no matter which way I turn."

Shrugging he stood across and trumpeted in challenge and respect. "Any preferences to start with?"

Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Grundark Grundark

Velok grunt-nodded in equal respect. Respect deserved reciprocation, plus he'd always wanted to tangle with a Cragmoloid.

"You should visit Agnekye on Gertafuu Six. All to scale. The beds, the ceilings, the meals, the ladies."

The XXL training saber kicked out a plain red plasma blade. Velok whipped it through an experimental figure-eight.

"I don't use these much. Tend to like things with heft."

He scratched his chin absently.

"Djem So is fine - are we, uh, sparring, or drilling, or what? Did that one boy say he wanted Vaapad? That's a Jedi thing. I'm Velok, by the way."

The thing was, Maliphant was not in fact asking them to engage in combat.
Not yet at least.
No, his Master wished for them to simply square up, to test one another's strength against the other. Though he noted that Alina and her companion were quick to engage all the same, he did not voice nor do much more about it than simple thought alone. And if Maliphant was not about to stop them, then so be it.
Instead he focused on the one he'd been paired off with. He was pleased in truth to learn it was the one named Quintus. Not because he was so clearly new to this whole thing, but because his indecisiveness bred an ability for both to grow in unison. If neither knew enough, then for now at least it would be an even pairing.
Though Thesh knew a little.
"I appreciate your concern," he offered, with the lightest of shrugs, "But such does not dissuade me. One cannot grow if they do not admit their own shortcomings. I look forward to learning alongside you."
He reached out, and pulled one of the training sabers into his grasp through the Force. His own curved hilt was back upon his belt, ignored for now. There was no sense in not following his Master's orders to the t, after all.
With a snap-hiss he ignited its crimson blade. He had done some research, practiced even, since his return to the known Galaxy. Especially after the forging of his new blade. He knew the very basics of the Form he sought to learn, because Thesh was nothing if not a man with a hunger for knowledge. As such, when igniting the blade he exhibited a slight flourish - a simple enough x marked through the air - as he placed himself within the opening stance.
He waited until Quintus had also ignited his blade, before entering the fray so to speak. He brought it up and around, angling it down toward his opponent's head. Of course he did not touch the man, he let it linger in the air in hopes that Quintus might return the gesture and bring his own up to meet his. There was a certain grace behind Thesh's movements, as though applying pressure to the right point might snap his wrists. When blades met however the truth would no doubt be revealed.
For as elegant as he may have seemed, there was a strength behind his stance and in turn the blade he wielded.

Equipment: White Sith Robes │ Miniaturized Double-Bladed Spinning Lightsaber │ XXXS Training Saber
Tags: The Asphodel The Asphodel (Focus) Quintus Varro Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Grundark Grundark Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Val Drutin

In listening to the twins introduce themselves, she remembered that the one who had long dark hair was called Asphodel, while the other was Hyacinth. Although she had not been able to see much from next to the massive Whiphid, a slight application of Force Sight allowed her to deduce who was who. Otherwise, she would have been clueless.

As soon as Darth Maliphant finished assigning partners, the Sister moved to pick up a training saber, taking up an XXXS saber which was conveniently placed near the bottom of the rack. While the blade wasn’t a shoto in her tiny hands, the fact that the length didn’t make her feel as if she was wielding a gigantic lightclub told her that it was, in fact a shoto. Regardless, after taking up the blade, she moved to find the Asphodel, once more harnessing Sight in order to locate him amidst the group.

Upon approaching him, the Sister gave the towering Acolyte a slight bow, one of respect among equals rather than deference. Then, the training saber floated into the Sister’s hands, manifesting a crimson blade before her pale features as she stared up at the long-haired Teevan.

“I am First Sister of the New Sith Order. You are the Asphodel, yes?” The tiny Qilin spoke as she raised her blade and lowered it in a salute, before bending her knees into a low stance that was a mix of Makashi and Ataru’s opening positions. All the while, the Force flowed into her, focused into a honed edge by the passions of love, and devotion towards her Eternal Lord, the Sith’ari.

“I look forward to engaging you, Asphodel.”

Then, when her partner presented his blade, she channeled the Dark energies of Bogan within her body, preparing herself to meet the Teevan blade to blade in a contest of strength and will.

The Hyacinth

T

T E S T

Seems he pushed the envelope, he took note of Maliphant’s facial expression and his eyebrows furrowed slightly as he turned to sheathe his own saber and grab a training one. He seemed… displeased. It struck him as odd. Had he not shown respect by calling him his Master? Maliphant was indeed the person meant to teach him, so the grimace that followed his introduction was puzzling.

‘Guess I’ll play by the book then.’ Best not to need up like Nyx, broken and bruised on the floor. He tested the saber and decided on a larger one to accommodate for the weight that he was used to. Maliphant’s remark that they didn’t need more dead Acolytes popped up in his mind and he grinned in spite of himself, metallic bottom lip curling up. He turned around to the one that seemed the gawk at the twins the most out of the bunch.

Val, he’d called himself. He ignited his own training saber as he walked to about roughly where his usual reach could extend, looking down at the humanoid. This would be awkward with him towering over a foot over the man.“It is. Though, I am not as graceful as one.” No, he made up for elegance with a quick wit and a devastating strike. Hyacinth twirled the blade up in front of him, tipping it toward his opponent and resting his weight evenly between both legs. He didn’t know yet how strong the Acolyte was.

Why do you wish to focus on Dun Möch specifically?

o1yfhSr.png

A small hop had her in the air above Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus 's kick, though it did little for her ability to block his strike. Her saber came up, trying to at least deflect it with her sheer strength before she had a chance to reach the ground again. When she did, a large grin was on her face. "You're certainly talking a big game, huh?" Her stance was low, saber held close to her body. She rushed right back in again, ripping her blade upwards in another strong strike at him again.

"You know me my lady. Always willing to push someone to their fullest. Now we must stop with the pleasentries or our dearest Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean is going to make fun of us until days end. Unlike yourself I wish to make at least somewhat of a good impression if I am to climb the social ladder that is the Sith, so let's make this a good show, shall we?"

Dral said this as he gave her a smile, seeing her as she deflected his attack. She wasn't the woman he had helped teach not so long ago. Still she had much to learn, but he would give it to her, her style was definetly something he felt suited her. He moved to the side allowing for the strength she held in her swing to cause her to be offbalanced when her expected target moved her strike only hitting air.

Using the opening he had created he swung with his lightsaber attempted to hit her in the leg as she stumbled beside him.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Val Drutin

V
Oh, that's easy. "Because it sounds like fun. Weaponized trash-talking. What's not to love?"

Seemingly unperturbed by the greater height of his opponent, Val balanced himself and struck first. Now, in a world not populated by aliens, cyborgs, and space wizards, Val would be considered above average in the strength department. He was certainly in excellent physical condition for a human, although most of his athletic muscle was concentrated in his lower half. But in a galaxy far, far away, he was nothing special. So he made up for it by being fast and flexible.

As soon as his blade met Hyacinth's, he was moving, never staying in one place for too long. He held his saber like a fencer, and his attacks were quick and unpredictable. Clearly he had received training before, mostly in Makashi (the elegant, showy influence of the dueling form was obvious) but otherwise, he seemed to play by his own rules. Or perhaps it was more accurate to say that he disregarded the rules altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

o1yfhSr.png

Alina snickered lightly at Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus 's words, but nodded in agreement. She moved into her strike, but countless times of having someone dodge out of the way kept her from getting too unbalanced like to fall over. She planted her forward foot down as she forced herself to spin. Both to tuck the leg he was trying to strike in and keep up the momentum behind her own strikes. The spin brought her blade along horizontally, swiping with all her might to try and force the Zabrak back.

Then she was off again. Propelled forward by her legs to keep up the assault.

As the groups began to spar, Maliphant watched them with more than his eyes - but through the Force. He sensed their every muscle, the tension their tendons were put under, the way they clenched their jaw as the other pressed them; and it drew a small smile from the Sith Lord. They certainly were not skilled, but the fact was they were passionate - and that fit perfectly into what he hoped to teach today.

"As you begin to spar with your opponent, consider what I asked. How did Bane win against an opponent that knew more forms and had greater skill with the blade itself?", Maliphant asked as his own droid warmed up its joints with a flurry behind him.

"How did Sidious kill three Jedi Masters before a single one had a chance to react?"

The droid lowered itself and waited for Maliphant's confirmation as he continued to speak.

"The secret to lightsaber dueling is not your physicality - whether you're a whipid or... whatever the First Sister First Sister is. Lightsaber combat for the Sith is a measure of your Dark Side potential - and how you can channel that emotion into your form."

With a raise of his hand, a staff matieralized with black smoke falling from its leather handle. All at once the students would feel the Dark Side vibrate around them - like a dam had broken and they were in its path. Everything from their muscles to their teeth would feel it, and Maliphant would watch them carefully for who reacted first. A simple test of their affinity.

"For beginners, it is recommended to find a style that compliments you - so that you can utilize cadences without flaw. Cadences themselves are known lightsaber movements your body can do without thinking - as you channel the Dark Side into your movements, your muscles, and your mind. Consider for a moment the legendary feat of Darth Bane - where in he would practice amidst the rain, and for upwards of ten minutes would swing his blade so quickly that not a single drop would touch him. Would this be possible by a non force user?", he asked.

"No, it wouldn't. If you're small, the Dark Side can make you stronger than a Rancor. If you're large, the Dark Side can make you faster than thought. In its essence, the Dark Side will be the singular effect that can overwhelm an opponent. Feel the Dark Side from my staff, channel it into what you know - and let the Force guide your movements. With your emotion guiding you, you can beat even a Jedi Master - so long as you can think faster than them."

For himself, Maliphant finally lowered himself as the force saber in the end of his staff ignited - a black blade fringed with crimson dripping with potential, feeding off the air around it. The four armed Grevious training droid before him ignited its various training sabers, and Maliphant began to prove his point - driving the droid back despite its speed being on par with more than its fair share of battle masters. A grin broke his lips as he brought the staff spinning around his neck only to catch it and slam it into the side of the Droid's side - tossing it like a rag doll into the nearest wall.

His gaze fell back on the sparring duels, hoping to see just who was embodying his first statement. It'd give him a good idea who among them would be able to defend themselves if they were forced to fight for the Worm.

Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus Alina Tremiru Alina TremiruVal Drutin First Sister First Sister The Asphodel The AsphodelThe Hyacinth Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Grundark Grundark

Last edited:

As the pair fought his ears perked up to the words of Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean hearing his teachings as he nodded. He had learned much of the past Sith during his many years of study and knew of Bane well. His mind flashed through several ideas and thoughts whilst he listened to the words being spoken. Dral felt the wave of darkside energy hit him as he flinched just enough for it to be shown.

Readying his feet he watched as Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru attempted to drive him back. He allowed her to push him to the edge of the ring before he jumped over the younger acolyte, sailing much higher than the average person could jump, just out of saber strike. He attempted to strike her with the front and then the back of his blade after he landed, sliding his foot forward he reached into the force as an attempt to force Alina off her feet with a strong push of the force.

o1yfhSr.png

Alina felt nothing from Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean 's spear. Or at least, she didn't know it was from the spear. Like when she met the Worm Emperor she could feel the threat of death around her. A grim smile took over her grin for a moment. Though, the image of a Sith cutting through the rain and staying dry was something she now aspired to replicate for herself. She turned on a heel as Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus flipped over her, blade held up defensively. Her blade swiped around to meet his, more aggressively parrying the strikes away.

A wide grin formed as the push was sent for her. Nothing happened. She didn't even seem to react to the attempt, though why became quite clear. The tell tale signs were there, so she stopped focusing inward. Her reach spread around her, deadening the Force. Severing it's ability to influence her and the area around her. Then on him. Like when they first met she'd try to sever him from the Force. Then rush right back in, bringing her blade around at a noticeably slower pace. The severing went both ways, after all.

Last edited:
The clash of training sabers made the Sullustan almost feel right at home. In the back of his mind, he wondered how the old ones would have felt, watching these kind of students. Kronos, Kai, Mithak...they all had their apprentices long ago though he felt a bit empty. Being a Lorekeeper would do that to an individual and at times, made things a tad more fearful when a relative can pop out of nowhere and shift a good amount of balance in the Force. Feeling out in the Force, he could hear their energies in the Force vibrate and move in different angles and unison.

Of course, the pale teacher seemed to spar with a strange assortment of training droids, something he had not run into in a long time. The last one he actively used was a training droid, an old IG model by the name of Bob. Bob...was not fun to duel with to say the least as he felt a bit of pain on the side of his neck at the mere memory of it. Regardless though, it did its job and trained the Sullustan up in defense to where he was today, even if it meant a few fractured bones and dislocations.

Trying to keep on the human female and the zabrak fighting, he heard a small cough as the Sullustan blinked and looked to the top right to see some form of guard. Obviously this person was not very pleased to see such a random person sitting down, watching this whole event as he prodded him with a pike momentarily. The two would stare at each other for a brief moment as they seemed confused at the others situation and it could even start a simple bar joke between the two later on. The Sullustan could not figure out the species behind that cloth mask the other worse as the other finally acted, trying to jab down to which, the Sullustan grabbed the pike and thrusted it forward with a lot more strength than one would have. Bonking him on the forehead, the Sullustan leaned up and grabbed near the top part of the hilt and twisted with his left hand, being shoved back as the guard, a Sith Prefect, would try to activate the lightsaber pike...only to not have a button.

Looking at the Sullustan, he gave a sly grin as he held it up in the left hand, having that big red activation button. The Lightsaber Pike could no longer activate and the Sith Prefect looked infuriated, raising his Pike to strike onto the Sullustan, only to hear a clang as he hit directly a bottle, no a flash of songsteel held up by the Sullustans other hand as he tried to peace offer it. At that point, the Sullustan would frown and look at the front, seeing it was actually scratched as he eyed the Sith Prefect for a moment as he had a bit of a glare as a little bit of the Dark Side influenced his own words.

"Sit...if I wanted you dead, it been ten seconds ago."

The Sith Prefect would stare at the Sullustan as he kept himself sitting down the whole time and to add a bit of insult to injury, threw the activation button to the side, probably landing onto the floor below a story down. Staring at each other rather intently, the other man finally grabbed the flask from the older Sullustan and sipped a bit from the flask before handing it back. Taking a swig on his own, they sat there and watched as he would sometimes ponder a question to the Prefect, whom mainly remained silent. Even attempting to be harmless...people always wanted him dead.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Val Drutin First Sister First Sister The Asphodel The Asphodel The Hyacinth Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Grundark Grundark

It was just before Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean had gone into his speech on the Force, and its applications that the youngest one assigned to the class that day arrived late. He expected punishment of course, but also wouldn't vie for it. He noted he knew no one in this room, though his eyes would snap to lock onto Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . He dared not let that emotion of happiness find his face, not here; but it felt good none-the-less to know that woman was alive. Some time had passed since she had last seen him, maturity having set into Rax's face, and features.

He had grown about five inches as well, which only left him at five foot flat, though his size had never been a problem for him. He was dressed in a series of brown and black robes, a tattered cloak around his body was removed as he had entered the training room, to which he hung it up and moved smoothly to take a kneeling position as the Darth spoke. He had already missed enough of this lesson. For now he watched the Darth, and listened silently. When he finished speaking, then Rax would stand and approach.

Listening as he tested the weight of his own training saber Grundark chuckled as his training partner listed off all the glories of this place unseen. "Agnekye, eh? So what in the name of the dark gods are we doing here? Fools the lot of us racing to our death when pleasure was just a planet away. I shall have to visit their soon I think."

Glancing at the others as they got right at he nodded towards them. "I guess we're sparring. Too much energy wasted all that jumping around nonsense. Sure it looks great, but after your third fight you're tired, and on your fifth you're too used up to defend yourself." Grunting in agreement he pointed to a ridiculously large hammer leaning against a wall on the other side. "That's my girl right there, she's never failed me, but hasn't been much good at deflecting a lightsaber."

Turning back to his opponent he offered an arm out, "Grundark, winner buys the first round at this Agnekye?"

Taking a step back now that pleasantries were completed he smiled as he brought his lightsaber up in what he realized wasn't exactly perfect form, but that's why he was in class no? He could feel the battle lust build in him as he struck down with sudden savagery. It wasn't graceful, but it was powerful and fast. Most fools thought him slow because he was large, but that was why he enjoyed fighting other monsters. They knew better, a slow monster was a legend you told children to make them think that good always killed the monster. Monsters knew better.

Grundark Grundark got a laugh and a forearm-clasp handshake, and the two of them got started.

As they began the training spar, Velok opted for what his grandpa called Strong Style - lots of hacks and solid, grounded stances. He tested Grundark's defenses systematically, sounding out the Cragmoloid's skill (nothing to write home about), wit (clever), and determination (significant). A well-matched opponent.

"So," he grunted between strikes and utilitarian blocks, "where you from, Grundark? You answer to anyone around here? Lords of the Sith, independent...?

He trumpeted as one blow got in glancing against his hide, instantly that feeling of life waved over him as he laughed out loudly. He struck then with a few light blows hoping his savagery before might get him a small opening. He loved combat, the feel of a worthy opponent, and the joy of feeling alive. Let the others have rage and hate, he loved this every minute of it.

"Oh, I'm here because these boys love a good fight. It's time though, a half a dozen masters of note, and years of different trades have all been enjoyable. Eventually though we all must find something strong enough to sharpen our tusks with. As for answering to them? They've asked nothing, and I go where I want quite the fitting role for me honestly. That and I get to get a shot at Felucia, hell of a planet that one. A place for people like you and me, nothing makes a monster stronger then a bigger monster."

He noticed he repeatedly kept making one particular mistake. He'd grown too used to the weight of his hammer, and he kept swinging just a bit too much, or expecting inertia to take him farther. These were the errors he needed to focus on first, defeating the muscle memory he'd already created for a new weapon.

"What about you, Velok? You don't have the feel of one of these young ones hunting after a master to teach them." It was rare for the Cragmoloid to feel comradery. Most were either in search of a master, or playing at the game. This one didn't have the feeling of either one, he didn't need it. None of them did truly, but somehow they'd blinded themselves to that. In search of power they'd banded themselves to something stronger, and given up the only power that really meant anything.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
The great training area had an observation tier, a gallery where senior Sith could watch the rising generation. Ashin took a seat beside a gray Whiphid - Velok the Younger, son of her old ally and grandfather of one of the largest students at work down there. The two old masters watched in silence for a while.

"I enjoyed your latest," she said at last, quietly. "Sins of the Procurator. Useful skills. Good notes on contemptible behavior."

Velok whuffled. "I'm glad to hear it, Master Varanin. What brings you here? Assessing the competition?"

She chuckled. "Hardly. The Pomojema's students are knights and masters in their own right. No, I'm watching to see who merits an invitation once they've finished studying here. It does have the makings of a very good academy."

"I'm glad to hear that as well. I'm teaching here, a little. An arrangement."

"Alchemy?"

"Scholarship," the Whiphid said. "Far too many young Sith aren't literate in Basic, let alone ur-Kittat..."

Their quiet conversation went on as they watched the training from above.

At first blood, Velok Brokentusk grinned widely, revealing four silver-capped, runeworked stubs. A Sith Lord had put him through a wall face-first years ago. The giant Whiphid grinned again at the comment about a bigger monster. He empathized.

The grin only grew as Grundark Grundark scored a hit. A full-powered lightsaber would have taken Velok's hand off. This one left a burn all down his forearm and wrist.

"Bodyguard for my grandfather," he said, glancing up at the observation gallery. "Visiting teacher."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom