Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public LOTS │ Tenets of the Lightsaber (Open to all Sith)

owdQre7.jpg

The Royal Academy of Korriban
864ABY

It was an exceptionally cold Korriban morning - dipping below freezing as the harsh winds howled against the exterior shielding of the academy. Despite the mostly finished building, the few unfinished sections yet to be covered by shielding caused a terrible draft, and even the inside had begun to drop in temperature. If one listened close enough, they could even hear the winds harsh whistle all throughout the vents - which annoyed Maliphant as he stood and watched as the students appeared.

He had a 'coming to Sith'ari' moment after a rather long discussion with the Worm Emperor; realizing that for all his knowledge and archives, he had done very little with it. Those he had shared the information with were often already set in their ways or uninterested - such as Caulder Dune Caulder Dune or Judas of Vahl Judas of Vahl . No, for all he had collected he had almost nothing to show for it - and until he ended up having a child with Srina Talon Srina Talon he doubted it would have much use. So instead, the half arkanian decided to pass it on - to the next generation of Sith, or at least those that survived the Jedi Genocide committed upon the academy only a few months before.

Maliphant raised a hand and motioned some of the training droids forward - both TD-21 and a single personal TD-54 approached before offering a solid bow to those awaiting. Snapping, and letting the Force turn the sharp noise into a far louder one, forced the crowd of acolytes and knights before him into silence - enough for him to speak and take their attention.

"Acolytes.", he began with some authority.

"For those of you who do not know me, I am Darth Maliphant. You will call me by only that name, and in full. Today, you will learn something many of the instructors at the academy have been unable to pass on -", Maliphant offered as his hands slowly fell behind his back, fist in palm.

"- the Core Tenets of Lightsaber combat. To begin, I want to know each of your names, what form you think you wish to use, and the type of weapon you will use it with. It does not matter if you are all different, the lessons I teach today will be of use to all."

Maliphant began with a point towards the far end - letting the first of them speak up.

Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus The Asphodel The AsphodelThe Hyacinth Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin Azaz'el Naamah Azaz'el NaamahVal Drutin

Last edited:

bxqS4Gq.png

Dral stood as many had before, a day of learning was about to commence for him and the other Acolytes that surrounded him. He stood with his hood over his face, a staff in his hand as he leaned on it and took a heavy step forward as he looked up towards the Darth that stood before the group. Clenching his jaw he stood at the edge of the line. His height above standard comparable to most humanoids. He watched as Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean pointed his way.

"I, Darth Maliphant am Dral. I wish to learn in the ways of form seven, also known under the names of Juyo, Vaapad, The way of the Vornskr and The Ferocity Form. I wish to learn with a double bladed lightsaber."

Dral stated this with a steady voice, not weak but definitely not strong and defiant like the other acolytes might have. He let his feet take him back into the line of acolytes as he bowed his head, his eyes watching along the lines of apprentices that wished to learn lightsaber combat under a galaxy-wide renowned Darth, it was a dream come true for some. He knew that they wished to learn, but he had to make sure that his passions triumphed over those of the other members around him, for in the sith, the only ally you have is yourself.

Having his eyes caught the familiar form of Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru who had told him of Korriban and the academy that had just recently opened up under the gaze of the Worm Emperor. He knew that she would be a tough opponent if they had to duel, even if to pretend he knew that no one should or would hold back, not only to show themselves off, but to dominate over their opponents.

I will not waste this chance that I have been given. I will learn the ways of the Sith and become stronger than those around me. I have honed my mind, but I now must hone my body once more. Not being as young as I once was I will have to work harder to prove myself to these lords above me, but that is no consequence as of now.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | The Asphodel The Asphodel | The Hyacinth | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin | Azaz'el Naamah Azaz'el Naamah | Val Drutin | Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk
370d9lz.png

Val Drutin

V
Giggling into his hand at the smelly gorilla's interruption, Val quickly snapped to attention when Maliphant arrived in front of him.

"My name is Val Drutin. I really want to learn Dun Möch, but I don't think you can teach me that. No offense, it's just not really a teachable skill. So I'll learn, uh... Juyo? That sounds good. Oh, and I use this." He waved his lightsaber hilt in front of him, tossing it in the air and catching it like a high school baton twirler. "It's a lightsaber."

370d9lz.png

"Alina Tremiru. I wish to learn more on both Trakata and form seven." Alina kept her head high and her voice calm. She, like all the others, was here to learn how to better use her lightsaber. The fundamentals of Juyo would fit well with her Sith Matukai, so it only made sense. Her gaze fell upon Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus as he spoke, a soft smile on her lips.

He'd come. Good. Hopefully she wouldn't have to kill him.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | The Asphodel The Asphodel | The Hyacinth | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin | Azaz'el Naamah Azaz'el Naamah | Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk

Acolytes? Oh right the little stunted ones. Not there fault really, they were just made that way. With heavy footsteps the Cragmoloid walked forward, but his attention was a bit distracted. "I just came here to fight, but the big hairy one looks like a fun time." Giving Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk a second glance he nodded, he'd do if he was in the mood. "If not well I suppose I'll practice with one of the little ones."

With a big meaty grin he trumpeted before moving his hand to a rather large metal handle he didn't have the damn idea how to use. He preferred the hammer, but if he supposed if after all this time he was going to get serious he needed to learn how to use his great saber. Great lightsaber? Great Saber? Nah, great saber had a better ring to it.

Alina Grayson Alina Grayson Val Drutin Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Quintus Varro

Q
For a moment his mind simply reset as he stood forward after the odd creature who seemed to just say whatever he thought. Enough so he almost forgot his name for a moment before finally speaking in a quick blur. "Quintus. I'm here to learn, well I don't know which form in truth." It was more then a bit awkward as everyone around him not only seemed to know the forms so well, but also what they wanted to learn. Something he was sure wouldn't get him noticed in way he wasn't going to enjoy.

"I do not know the forms well, My Lord. I was hoping to learn here what was best to study and learn." With a bow of respect Quintus stood back in line admonishing himself internally for his failing even as he knew he'd just marked himself as at the least behind, and at the worst weak. In the Sith weakness was an unforgivable sin. Today he'd have to learn well to keep this from becoming a permanent mark.

Though he kept his eyes forward and upon his Master, he listened to each and put a name to their voices. Perhaps it would prove useful at a later date, perhaps it would not, regardless it didn't matter for he had already done it.
After the strange line up of Sith ahead of him spoke, it came time for him to do the same. He still hadn't wholly made up his mind between two of the forms, but he knew that he could speak with Maliphant about the second at another date. After all, Niman was his thing. No, he'd go with the other choice instead. Figure out if any others among them knew it already...
"Thesh," he said, though of course Maliphant already knew that. Those who didn't? Well, lucky them. "I wish to learn Makashi." He lifted his lightsaber to reveal a slightly curved hilt, though beyond that it was all together standard in size and the like.
Once done, he did glance ever so slightly to his side. To the one who didn't seem to know what he wanted. A bold move among many in this room who might have capitalized upon it. Instead, he saw only opportunity. "Perhaps we could learn together... Quintus, was it?"
He knew it was. But he'd ask all the same.

Equipment: White Sith Robes │ Miniaturized Double-Bladed Spinning Lightsaber
Tags: Quintus Varro Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Grundark Grundark Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Val Drutin

Standing near the back of the group, next to a towering nine-foot tall Whiphid, at a little under three-foot tall by a comical comparison, the First Sister could barely be seen, but she could be heard.

“I am First Sister of the New Sith Order.” She began, pausing briefly as she contemplated her the next part of her answer, which were questions that she had not yet decided for herself. “I use a single or double-bladed lightsaber, and...I want to learn Form IV.” The tiny woman finished.

Normally, the Sister would never go abroad to learn a technique, skill, or power. She could find essentially everything she needed at the New Sith Temple in Malsheem. However, her skills as a lightsaber combatant were so subpar that she could not rebuff the opportunity to learn directly from one of the most powerful and renowned Sith Lords in the galaxy. While she was not a competitive woman, her need to keep up with her peers was quite a desperate one. In training with Alina, the Qilin had learned that she was far behind the woman and perhaps further behind her peers than she had initially thought, even without the restriction she had imposed on herself during her training duels with the blonde-haired Acolyte, in the form of a choker with a trace amount of Void Stone incorporated into its construction.

Without the choker clasped around her neck, she almost felt naked in spite of the manner in which the device suppressed her abilities and forced her to work in order to harness the Force. Up until that point, the Sister had always worn it while training, but around such powerful and unfamiliar Sith as those in the room, she did not believe that she could measure up, even without it.

Nevertheless, the Sister was determined to prove herself wrong, and failing that, to learn something in the attempt.

Last edited:

The Hyacinth

T

new-small-bar.png

H E L L O
Hyacinth held his arms crossed over his chest as he listened as one by one, everyone introduced themselves. Though there were a few… outbursts from the crowd that gathered to watch, the others were oddly reverent. Save for one, a redhead flesh bag. Thesh. He was far more casual. Was he connected to Maliphant as well somehow? That seemed to be the only reason why he wouldn’t use any title in his reply. He flagged the redhead in his facial recognition database and logged a voice sample so that he was guaranteed not to forget that one. And neither did the blonde haired woman, another entry of note.

He glanced around and waited a moment before speaking up, eyes locked on Maliphant in the dim lighting of the hall. “You already know me, Master. I suppose for those that don’t, I’m Hyaci
nth," his voice emulator kicked in, resulting the in ending of his name to come out in a harsh, robotic tone somehow deeper than his normal voice. He softly cleared his throat. "Looking to learn Juyo, practicing with a normal saber.

He wasn’t too pleased about it either. Hyacinth preferred his sword over other weaponry. The lightsaber was far too light for him, it didn’t have a bite. There was no way over him to accurately gauge where and what he struck from vibration alone. But, even though Kitsana could hold her own against a saber, it wouldn’t have done for him to bring it here today.

Last edited by a moderator:

new-small-bar.png

IT'S ME

Nearly a mirror image of his twin, if not for the differing cybernetics, the arm draped crossed his chest served as support for the other as his free hand stroked his chin in a mockery of contemplation. Half a chuckle nearly escaped his throat as one of the other apprentices, Val, if he heard the name right, spoke. Amusing. Good, it was getting dreadfully stuffy in here.

"Same for me, Master, but for the rest of you, call me Asphodel," he declared, his own vocal emulator shifting from Maliphant's voice to Hyacinth's before finally resting on his own. The smile on his face was perhaps a bit too friendly and suggesting anything but. The hand so close to his face also held a dagger, one that he moved between his fingers with lazy expertise before returning the weapon to its place. It was a shame these lessons were saber-exclusive.

"Interested in Niman, I s'pose, also carrying a standard saber."

The Sith Lord looked between them - a nod to each as they introduced himself, even if he had qualms about his own apprentices choosing to disregard his demand of calling him strictly 'Darth Maliphant'. It showed they still didn't hold enough respect for him to follow the most basic of instruction - and if that was the case, he would no doubt be forced to abandon each of them. A slow grimace growing as each failed to follow the simple instruction.

"Dun Moch is teachable. You, however, might not be teachable.", he offered Val as he passed them over, a quiet passiveness that read as more disregard for his 'playful' behavior.

Maliphant ignored Grundark's comment for the moment, but quietly kept it in mind as he glanced to the others; though he paused as the First Sister. Her mention of being apart of the New Sith Order had Maliphant momentarily forget that the academy accepted those from outside its borders on diplomatic passes - in the hopes of filling their heads with propaganda no doubt. He exhaled through his noise in an audible fashion before returning to his spot.

"Juyo, Makashi, Niman, Ataru, Trakata - you all seek a variety of forms. It is admirable to be passionate about whatever form you seek, and the most advice I can offer in that regard is find something that fits your style. For the larger ones -", he said with a motion to Velok and Grundark, "- I would of course recommend Djem So. Its strength orientated style directly plays into their stature."

Though he paused for a moment after he said that.

"Yet, it could prove more useful for them to follow something that can surprise an opponent. Makashi, Niman, even Ataru. Consider for a moment the words of Darth Bane - during his own trials in this very Sith Academy, he faced the Acolyte Sirak.", Maliphant offered them.

"Sirak knew more cadence and lightsaber forms than Bane - and yet he lost. Why is that? Consider that as we begin."

"We will pair up for the time being. Please pick up a training saber before you ignite it - we don't need more dead acolytes on these grounds for a while.", he said.

" Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk and Grundark Grundark - since you two seem of the most similar size, pair up."

" Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus and Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru .", he said with authority, knowing the two had some history by their stare.

" Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn and Quintus Varro .", since they had shown some interest.

" The Asphodel The Asphodel and First Sister First Sister ."

" The Hyacinth and Val Drutin ."

"Meet your partner and saber lock - feel each others strength with the training saber before you intend to spar. A small warmup will do - then we will continue the lesson.", he said with a motion to the others. Anyone without a partner would be paired up with one of the various TD-21s while Maliphant made due with his personal TD-54.

Last edited:

bxqS4Gq.png

Dral nodded towards Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean as he turned towards his partner Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . They had met each other before and had a pretty interesting adventure when they had first met. In fact, she was the whole reason he had made it here and was training under the tutelage of these Dark lords of the sith. Making his way towards a sparring ring he stood across from the woman and gave her a bow. Not having to keep up the facade he made his took off his robe, his muscled body exposed as he flung it to the wayside. Pulling the end of his staff and throwing away the scabbard to his lightsaber he ignited the crimson blade.

"I do not have to show you how strong I truly am, so let us begin without hesitation. You still have much to learn, but I am glad it is me that is allowed to aid you on this journey. Do not think I will hold back even for you fairest. You will have to learn quick and hone your skills even faster to best me."

Saying this with no malicious intent or harsh meaning, he just stood across from her his sword spinning in his hand the woosh of the blade being heard as he stared down the woman in front of him, clearing his mind from everyone else in the room but Maliphant and Alina. Letting everything else go to the wayside.

He let the air fill his lungs, as he tapped into the dark side of the force, letting his powers to bring oxygen through his body, focusing everything he had on the session that they were about to partake in.
370d9lz.png

370d9lz.png

Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus ?

Alina couldn't hide the grin that formed on her face once she was told her opponent. The elder Zabrak that'd beat on her when she was drunk? Well, it was a useful lesson at least. Keeping her mind clear in danger. Not that she drank anymore. There was only one thing she'd ever drink now. Her smile flashed those longer canines. Her yellow eyes glowed unnaturally. There'd been quite a change since they last met.

The young woman took up one of the training sabers as Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean instructed, letting the red blade burn into existence. They couldn't permanently harm one another, that'd be bad form. A waste, when a foolish accident could snuff out potential. "You still speak a lot. Our time apart hasn't been with me twiddling my thumbs. I hope you're ready for what's to come."

Then she was off. Her Sith Matukai had her in a blur of movement. Regular people wouldn't even be able to see her. She brought her blade down, hard, in an overhead strike.

bxqS4Gq.png

Only with his heighten senses was he to catch the woman's attack. He brought his blade up, and he looked at her with a soft smile. She had most definitely changed a lot in the time since they had met, this was good, he expected less of a challenge from the young girl.

"Is that all you have for me young one? Such a shame I was expecting something out of you, maybe your master still has much to train you in the proper use of a weapon before you scan spar against me."

Swinging with his leg he attempted to knock the girls legs from out under her as he swung his lightsaber around attempting to hit her with the other blade of his lightsaber.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean
370d9lz.png

For a moment, Maliphant paused from his stretches and glanced to Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru and Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus considering if he had actually paired them off with the right person. He had expected a little extra heat put into the first few moments, but he hardly expected them to rant back and forth at one another like a Sith trying to guilt trip a Jedi for someone else's war crime.

He leaned to the nearest person and whispered;

"Think they're getting a bit too into it?", he said inquisitively.

Unfortunately, the closest person was his TD-54 who offered little more than a solemn few beeps in binary. Forcing Maliphant to frown at his lack of a co-instructor.

"Remind me to install a vocabulator in you.", he said quietly to himself as he turned it to the maximum settings.

There was a strangeness in watching something like this. The Sullustan had somewhat been uninvited though he kept a low profile for the time being, sitting on top near one of the second floor doorways. Part of him coming here was due to his history with the planet of Korriban and his curiosity with Force Artifacts, something that kept drawing him back into Korriban itself. Yet finding this place, intrigued him greatly. It was a school of some kind, an academy. It looked fantastic, even prestigious for its own time, nothing that he had ever seen and of course, must been well worth it.

On the floor, he could hear barely with his large ears what each one came for. Juyo, Form VII, Niman, Ataru...many different types, along with many different species. Some he knew from medical training...some he never seen before till today and made note to read medical journals about them later. The speech given also by the rather imposing and possibly the trainer, was good to hear as well. Dun Moch can be taught and is a valuable tool...though given to Darth Banes speech, it made sense. The Sullustan only mastered in his eight hundred year lifespan Form III Soresu and Form V Djem So, only recently Shien as well. Form II he was quite experienced along with Niman...but Ataru and Juyo he knew he lacked constantly. He was a slower fighter, more strength based...but Juyo was never taught to him considering his unique fighting style with the Tuskens.

However the attention given from the Zabrak and the human lady before him made his hairless brow perk up just a little. It was always unique to see how apprentices fought one another, it given some insight also on how each time they fight, perhaps the Master himself can learn a little as well. Sadly for the Sullustan, he rarely taught anyone for good measure...only one so far in the last few years made an attempt but then again...he shook his head, not wanting to think on it. Watching the fight unfold, he wondered how the others would fare as he kept his weapons hidden, hoping no one was foolish enough to jump up here and try to make an example out of him, a mere spectator.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus The Asphodel The Asphodel Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru First Sister First Sister Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Quintus Varro Grundark Grundark Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Val Drutin The Hyacinth

Val Drutin

V
Val blinked innocently at Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , not understanding that he'd been insulted. He knew he was teachable. He'd been taught by Zana Rukh for years, after all.

The strange remark was soon forgotten as everyone was paired off. For a moment, he considered merely turning his saber down to the lowest possible intensity setting, but given the type of crystal contained within it affected the wielder, he might be accused of cheating. So Val went to swap it out for an unfamiliar training saber. Pressing a button on the hilt, the red blade ignited.

He turned to the one called Hyacinth... and found that he could not tell the difference between him and Asphodel. The twin robots (Cyborgs? Biots? Where are your bios?!) were identical to his eyes. He stood facing them both until one left and the other either made contact or walked over to where Val was standing.

"Hi," he greeted. "Isn't hyacinth a type of flower?" So was asphodel, in fact. He waited for Hyacinth to ready himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom