Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lords of the Fringe Dominion of Taloraan

Sargon's squad came out of the transport shooting to kill. The security forces had been prepared for reinforcements so other then a smile they had nothing else prepped for them. Behind them filed out the other squads into the large storage room they held the newly refined gas for transport. The only security in the room was the few men who had been sent to greet them, and they were all dead.

They company had reformed into three squads one lead directly but the Centurion as they were down to two Optios. Moving up to the large bay doors at a quick trot they hoped they could turn this fight around quickly. The Centurion would hold the center and each Optio would hold a flank in an attempt to push the enemy out into the open for the 119th. The enemy would be unable to use explosives in here or they risked destroying the entire facility and themselves with it.

Of course he did have that pessimistic 'what if they knew they were already dead' thought but it wasn't helpful at the moment so it was pointless. The machinery was all still going at full speed so the noice covered their quick advance towards the factory entrance. The echos of explosions and blaster fire more then covered the occasional ex-worker they passed. It seems there was going to be a hiring frenzy on this planet soon.

The center squad reached the entrance first the doors already blown off their hinges. Taking a second to get into cover they drew a bead and fired on the unsuspecting enemy. Optio Tiber's job was to move up to the side of the doors and toss the entire squad's supply of grenades into the mass of enemy on the walkways above the 119th. Sargon's squad was to swing out to the second floor and drop grenades from there. Then he could snipe to his hearts content, if there was anything left to shoot.

With the sudden stall in fire from the security forces as it rearranged itself to met this new threat the 119th surged forward towards the enemy position. It was an impossible battle now for the security forces. They lacked any armor to try and cut their way out, and the 119th's numbers simply dominated them. They ended up taking an entirely different route. “Optios, the enemy is reforming and moving straight at us. Optio Sargon I need you in position to fire on them from above. Optio Tigon I need you to pull back and reinforce my line.”

The Centurion's orders had gone out to the entire company so they set out in a dead run towards the front of the building where they could get a shot at the charging enemy. They had already reached half way when they saw the chaos below. The enemy was desperate to get away from the oncoming 119th legion's numbers. The center was firing at full auto into the mass of men but fear pushed the enemy onwards.

If they had more distance they might have been able to kill enough, but there were at least a couple of hundred streaming through the doors towards the back. They knew there was a shuttle back there and evidently they were done with this battle. Sargon's squad wasn't in a good angle to fire, but they hit the floor and set up their sniper rifles anyway. Every chance to fire they did, and every squeeze of the trigger meant death to an enemy. However, by that point they had reached the center squad and were literally wrestling and running over them towards the storage room.

Watching through his scope as he tracked an enemy's head he didn't see the man with the rocket launcher. His senses simply went white for a second as an explosion of epic proportions enveloped the interior of the refinery in a ball of fire. He heard nothing but a high pitched ringing sound the sound of screaming men nullified. His sight was quickest to come back between the automatic light sensor on the rifle's sight and his HUD most of the flash was dimmed. Slowly he came to not remembering when he rolled over to his back. With a slow blink he forced himself back into reality. He'd forgotten a valuable piece of information, a desperate enemy is a dangerous enemy.

Finally he rolled back ontoh his stomach and survey the damage. The entire front half of the first floor was in flames and armored body parts were strewn about the room. The refinery was in a state of emergency the red lights flashing along the walls everywhere. There was no way they were making it down and out the front. “Shuttle this is Optio Sargon we're on route prepare for emergency take off.”

He knew the Centurion was dead but he still searched the ground for his fellow Optio. If he had been far enough away his squad would have survived it. “Optio Tigon, come in. What is your status?”

“Legionnaires, on your feet and make for the shuttle full run. Anyone who gets there after I do stays here.” Everyone knew it was a lie but they ran like death followed right behind them, and for all they knew it might be. The refinery was in dire shape and the fire was still growing. Switching his comms to reach 119th command he gave a quick sitrep. “Command, this is Optio Tigon of the 121st the objective has been compromised. We have an internal fire and unknown damages. We are pulling back to shuttle request rendezvous point be relayed to pilot.”

Sargon arrived first to the shuttle at a full run but didn't board. “Lets move it this objective is lost. I swear I will leave you all here to be cooked alive.” He continued shouting until every man was on board, and then stepped on himself. “Optio Tigon, if you read me I need a response now. The shuttles about to leave.”

The shuttle door closed with him still standing at it waiting. Just as he turned to take a seat he received his reply. “Optio Sargon, this is Tigon we were able to exit out the front with the 119th. Sorry about the sitrep delay my helmet's entire electrics system got fried out.” Sargon chuckled as he sat down his eyes closed behind the red glow of his HUD.

“Well, boys, where do you think we're going now?”

Tarika Sadow*

Shadow Fleet Commander | Rule Breaker
Hearing the comms unit open up and the familiar voice of her student over the system she smirked and then asnwered him back Elijah, shut down security systems and try to lock them out of their own network she said as they walked into the building also if you can trap the leaders in their rooms, do not let them bypass your hacks...understood? she ordered and continued to walk toward the stairs, a moment later guards tried to ambush them but the newest troops of Tarika's opened up fire on them and grounded thier movements which was behind a wall....foolish mistake Oh and one more thing Elijah, think up a codename and use it. she said before looking to lucien Time to spring a trap, your troops and mine she said as she watched her own quietly and slowly go around the placement of the guards.

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]
@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
"Right. Gimme a sec." Keying in a few more commands, he had isolated the location of the big bosses. "Right. Security's mine now. Guards are locked in their rooms, waiting for a chunk of C4. The big heads are in room... C-125. Take two rights, a left, go straight..... ya know, just follow the blinking comm panels."

With that, a panel lit up in front of them, blinking softly. Another lit up a little ways beyond that. "I'm separating the guards, flipping their screens. They think you're going a different way."

In the meantime, he tried to come up with a good code name. How about... Bug 1? Nah. Hack-R? Psht. How about.... Psionic. No. Please no. Hmmm....

Tarika Sadow*

Understood Jackal Tarika replied and then continued to walk with her own troops, taking a right they rounded a corner and then she buzzed to Elijah One last thing, might wanna make sure the guards aren't sneaking up on us...lemme know when they get close she said knowing that if they tried to get close she would know without his help but as it is he needs something to occupy his mind and attention so she gave him a job to complete.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
He wrinkled up his nose as he was force-fed a codename. " 'Jackal'? That's got to be the worst code name I've heard of. How about... eurm... Python. Sooo much better."

Keying up the cameras, he noticed a group of guards heading their way. "Okay, you've got four guards about 100 meters away, down another corridor, coming out your way. They've got a rocket launcher and an E-web, so watch it. I'd stick with grenades, if you can get to the corner faster." Fingers flying over the keypad, he slammed some doors shut in front of the enemies. "I've bought you about 10 seconds. 5, if they're professionals."

Tarika Sadow*

Tarika chuckled at the news about e-webs and rocket launchers and then she started to quickly gather her pyro abilities, she looked to her own guards Take flankiing positions at the corne...do not engage until they get through then you may kill them, or just render them immobile...whichever you'd prefer she said and then snapped her fingers and her chest, and arms, and hands lit up with flames...she was ready.

Haven Pryde

Pirate Queen | ODF Marine
Haven began to walk down the small path inside the mine and made her way toward the command center, activating one of her lightsabers she slid it up in front of her to provide light to the dimly lit mine and then got on her crono to message mission command Admirals, this is Ice Queen... I'm inside the mine, I repeat...mine's been infiltrated. she reported and continued to walk... it was strange since the mine is apparently bone dry of personnel so this was now a case oif "laying a trap for the force user".

If jack sparrow were here he'd know exactly what to do, but he isn't and so she would need to do without his expertise, yet as she walked deeper into the mines she found her senses were tingling more from the sensory of enemies being close to her, just she didn't know exactly where they were.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"].

With most of Sargon's company wiped out their new duty seemed kind of fitting. They had been called to the rear and would be assisting with the wounded. It was about the last place he wanted to be in truth. There was no arguing with orders though so the shuttle was quiet as it made its way towards the rear of the battlefield. Each man had a lot on his mind as the adrenaline wore off and the specter of death finally came in full force. They had lived while others had died and that was its own special kind of guilt, especially the first time you felt it.

Sargon had no such guilt, and hadn't for quite some time. A soldier survived because he was smarter, stronger and better prepared for his enemy. Sometimes he survived because he was just a minute late or sent back to base with a recon report. Whatever the reason it didn't really matter because he survived and would continue to survive. The guilt they felt was because they were happy they weren't dead. They didn't want the others to die but they were happy it was them and not us.

The medics didn't really need them and they knew it. They were being transferred because command had noted their losses and decided they were below combat strength. If another unit could be found to merge with them they would but otherwise they were done for the moment. The invasion from what Sargon knew of it was moving at a good pace. His limited view of the individual battles came to the same conclusion, this planet would soon be part of the Fringe.

With luck he'd get some hot chow and his squad would rotate back out to reinforce another company within the hour. With no luck they'd be stuck sitting on a makeshift bench until they were assigned a barracks or a transport off planet. The field hospital was back with the command center and both would be well guarded and set up by now. Once a floating city was completely secure there wasn't an easy way to take them back without air power and the command center had the bulk of it.

The shuttle actually shut down upon landing its value due to its planetary security clearance not worth endangering. The squad exited the shuttle wearily as they headed towards the smell of food. Some people couldn't eat after a fight, but in Sargon's mind there was nothing better then a hot meal. Well possibly, but that came after chow.

Grabbing a bowl of some neutrino blend of something he grabbed a seat with his men against a nearby wall. Slipping his helmet off Sargon felt the first blast of air his skin in a few hours. His face covered in a thin sheen of sweat from the continued pace in heavy armor. What he'd give for a shower. There was a special moment in his mind in taking the helmet off. It was like letting down a full persona of himself everything had one purpose when he was in that armor. He was Optio Sargon Vynea legionnaire for the Fringe, but when he took it off he saw through the naked eye the world around him. He smelled the air the boring smell of the food was even fresh to him now.

Of course when he got the call to get back on the line it be worse putting it back on. He might have been two people but only one of them could have control and he'd signed his time away at the moment to the Fringe. His face showed nothing though as he ate silently. It would do his squad no good to watch him brooding or dreaming off in the distance. What use were such things if they might not live to see tomorrow. He made eye contact with each one as he looked across their ranks. It was a simple acknowledgment of a job well done.

He had about a single bite left when the light flashed up on his comms unit. He couldn't hear the message as his helmet was next to his feet but he knew what it meant. “Time to saddle up, boys. Get your game faces on.” With that he strapped his helmet back on and his mind cleared of emotion. Clarity and instincts his saving graces. “Command this is, Optio Sargon, repeat your orders please?” One more time down the rabbit's hole.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Ashin's comm crackled.

"I say again, Optio, there's a fortified position to your east inside an office building. Snipers on defense, heavy weapons behind duracrete pillars at ground level, a few Blazing Chain Force-using mercenaries throughout. And if you think that's nasty, you should see what I've got to handle over here. Good luck."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Velok moved through the interior of the TibannaX facility, yellow lightsabre chopping blasterfire out of the air in a zone of denial. Transports were landing behind him, disgorging troops and preparing to secure the facility. Since the facility was airborne and thus a risk, of course, those troops also had orders to secure all manner of TibannaX -- and, more especially, get close scans and machine samples of the refinery equipment. A constant supply was necessary in order for TibannaX to be of any worth to a nation.

A little of it would also serve pretty well as a bankroll.

She clambered up the rest of the way, then flipped up and behind the last rooftop sniper. He didn't last long. Shaking blood from her fingers, Rave padded to the center of the roof and carved a little hole in it. She and the Plague Doctor had come up with some interesting things, and this one was an experiment. The lab canister floated down through the hole and detonated with a barely audible puff as its contents aerosolized.

And a Blazing Chain trap turned into a Sith Poison lovefest.

OPPOSITION

A flight of Stormhammer-class heavy fighters, Koensayr's modern analogue to the Y-Wing, slashed up out of the depths of the Taloraan gas giant and into sensor range. They flew with a handful of other craft, a disparate mess. They had no telesponders, no IFFs, no markings. The Rebel Alliance was most definitely not here to prevent the Lords of the Fringe from taking that floating TibannaX facility.

Jorus commed his flight partners. "Gents, this is Gypsy. Thirty seconds to missile range on the facility. Stay sharp."

Lucien nodded as @[member="Tarika Sadow"] gave her orders He gestured his men forward and took position "Good work Mr. ... erm Python Try to hack the ventilation system get us some smoke in here I am going to try and weaken the command structure perhaps get them to surrender." He aimed to infiltrate the captains head but it would be difficult and he needed time "Shoot to scare avoid causing physical harm" He said before he began his infiltration.

Tarika Sadow*

Seeing as @[member="Lucien Cordel"] went off to infiltrate she quickly walked up to the corner watching as her men took flanking positions and then radioed to @[member="Lucien Cordel"] Guv, make sure you leave the higher ranks to their own demise, leave no soldier alive unless they turn on their own and join us... if need be execute the leaders and take command of the squadrons opposing you she said over the comms and then turned her attention to the door that was just past the threshold of the corner.

She could hear the troops on the other side working hard to get the door open and opened up a link between herself and Python Python, on my mark turn out the lights inside the building... one, two mark! she said and then readied herself for the fight.

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"].

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Jared did not know what he was doing piloting a fighter, he was told he probably would not be fighting at all. He should have been there only for moral support, so the troops could look up and see how they were supported by a fighter. Little would they know it was piloted by a novice who may had 2 weeks of flying lessons and who had skimmed through the instruction manual in 4 minutes. But when duty comes knocking on the door, you do not have any other choice then open it. Still no one could blame you for bitching and moaning about it.

"Roger, 55-LF, I hear you. I will intercept the fighter and afterwards we can have some dinner?" he said with a charming smile no one could see. "Cute, Green Nugget, but my answer is still no." Jared slowly shook his head while still smiling and moved his fighter on an intercept course.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Jorus grimaced. "We've got Fringe starfighters incoming. Red Squadron, take the TibannaX factory as soon as you're in range."

He arced up his Stormhammer away from his formation and zeroed in on Ovmar's more maneuverable ship. He got tone at extreme range and started with a pair of concussion missiles, one after the other. A welcoming present.

"I say again, Optio, there's a fortified position to your east inside an office building. Snipers on defense, heavy weapons behind duracrete pillars at ground level, a few Blazing Chain Force-using mercenaries throughout. And if you think that's nasty, you should see what I've got to handle over here. Good luck."

Sargon was an Optio again and the orders while a bit tall would be completed. “Acknowledged, Command, we are on route.” Switching his signal over to reach his fellow Optio he turned his comms back on. “Tigon, we're set to hit an office building heavy resistance with force users. Sending you the files via your HUD. Any thoughts on how you want to hit this?”

They both were silent for a moment as the intel on the building came through on their HUDs. Several photos taken by the units already at the objective and a birds eye view from space. Finally a video came across showing the array of defenders over the multitude of floors. “Tigon, how do you feel about breaching through the ceiling? Knock out the snipers and then use gas to clear out the force users? Either that or regular grenades force trained or not everyone goes boom the same.”

Tigon took another minute looking at something before responding from across the plaza with his comms. “We could request a strafing run by gunships first before we get in. Knock a few of those supports down and half the building would come crashing down around their heads. We land in the confusion on the roof then move down in the chaos while they storm in from the outside. There will be some collateral damage but we're both down enough men I don't feel like chancing any more of our people for this planet.”

Sargon clicked his tongue and considered for a moment. The target didn't contain sensitive material so there was no threat of destroying anything. The threat of collateral damage wasn't to any friendly units. Sargon did have one other idea though, and setting his comms, “Command, do I have permission to negotiate with these rogue pirates into joining us?”

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]​

"Always, Optio. Go right ahead. Half our army, we got that way. Nice work, stay sharp for a double-cross."

With a grim smile hidden beneath his helmet Sargon thought over his options. Getting a pair of gunships to bring them in wouldn't be hard and the Fringe gunship packed on heck of a punch. “Tigon, I say we go in but before we turn the heat up offer those pirates a way out. Even military pay looks great next to a swarm of missiles bringing down your house. If they refuse our offer we'll have the gunships unload on them, game over..”

A rough chuckle came back from Tigon it was time for some fireworks. “Squad, form up hit the armory to fill up grenades both launched and thrown. I want your oxygen tanks filled and your armor checked for any gaps in the seals. You have five minutes to met me at our Dreadhawk gunship. If you are not there by the five minute mark I will take it as a sign we simply need more drills. Squad, dismissed.”

The legionnaires moved as one towards the armory at a trot. That gave Sargon three minutes to do what he'd just given them five to do. Seeing as how he hadn't had a chance to lose a grenade yet he was only short the gas grenade from the comms tower. He knew the gunships all had small arms supplies and extra grenades, it paid to do your homework. His oxygen tanks he could get filled from any medic or medical droid.

Since he was already outside the field hospital he just had the nearest medical droid fill up the tank and scan his armor. It got a green light so he walked the opposite direction from the armor to the makeshift air control center and found his gunship. It was a larger style then he was used to almost a small dropship it was so heavy. On the plus side it could also carry some armor or a walker unit but neither were any good on these floating cities. He noted its weapon systems and large cargo door with a bit of thought.

He didn't need to check the time on his HUD to know his team had arrived a bit before the four minute mark. A few were out of breath but he withheld any comment as they were simply trying to impress him. His squad had only lost six members and only two of them wouldn't be returning to duty, and if there was one thing a soldier respected in a leader it was keeping them alive. Optio Tigon already had that reputation and Sargon wouldn't be surprised to see him promoted after this to the now void Centurion rank. From what Sargon understood you had to have academy training to get past Optio, and Tigon had already passed through a six month tour at the academy. Now he was just waiting for an open spot and this company was stacking openings.

As if his thoughts had summoned the man Tigon appeared with his squad from the direction of the armory. They had different styles but Sargon respected the man, and knew he could trust him to cover his end of the fight. “Optio Tigon, seems the invasion missed us.” Turning back to his own he people he gave them a quick hand signal towards the gunship for them to load up. “So since you have seniority I'll let you talk these pirates into surrender?”

“Your idea, you, get to play aggressive ambassador. I'd just as soon bring that building to rubble.” Tigon's response was about what he expected but he had to at least offer the senior Optio the chance to lead the 'negations'.

Stepping onto the gunship Sargon heard the doors sealing behind him as the twin engines started winding up. Just as he expected in the front of the cargo area was an assortment of explosive goodies and IWS components. Sargon grabbed another gas grenade and sat down on one of the benches. With a practiced hand he began attaching the canister and mounting the launcher assembly on the front of the rifle. If the pirates wouldn't negotiate Sargon was in absolute agreement with Tigon. They just rain death on that building until it was rubble. It wouldn't endear them to the people of this planet but Sargon wasn't trying to win hearts and minds at the moment.

His weapon assembled he just laid his head back against the interior of the gunship. What were the pirates doing on Taloraan anyway? From what he understood their organization was crumbing if not in complete ruins. He was betting on the second and betting again that they were just looking for a new source of credits and something to shoot at.

Normally he'd be waiting for the flashing red light to start blinking to let him know it was time to deploy. Instead he waited while his man in the comms center sliced into the local frequency so he could do some collective bargaining. He wasn't sure who spoke for the pirates as a whole but even if he could just get this group of pirates to contract out with them it save a lot of Fringe lives. Did the Fringe really care about its soldier's lives? Were the individual legionnaires even a thought in the mind of their leaders or was this a giant game of chess, and they just a piece of the pawns. Time would tell, but he did have to admit he was hopeful so far. He understood soldiers died that is what they were being paid to do. There was a difference though in throwing soldiers lives away pointlessly, and making the calculating decisions one had to make for the sake of the greater good.

That was at least how he did it in his head. How many of his men would still be breathing tomorrow because one of their brethren had the courage not to run from death and orders. Those two that would never make it home could have saved a half a dozen or more of their brothers. It was simple really and besides that it was his job. So if he could buy he pirates into hitting the security forces from behind he knew he'd have to take the chance. If it didn't work he'd hit him hard, fast, and kill every single one of them.
He knew they were sliced into the enemy channel as soon as it happened. A dozen chaotic voices all screaming for reinforcements from their own command structure. Reports of missing government officials, desertion, and accounts of Fringe force users were going back and forth at what seemed the speed of light. “I need you to get me down to the local channel only. You can send the other feeds directly to command, and intelligence.” Waiting a moment he listened as the channels slowly quieted till it was only one frenzied voice screaming for support.

He listened to the panic voice beg for back up from his superiors, but his requests were denied the enemy was stretched to the breaking point. Soon Sargon imagined they would start surrendering in mass or simply running as far away as they could. That was only the start fro the Fringe though, immediately following they'd need to start up the rebuilding process and the hiring frenzy to replace dead workers and local leaders who simply couldn't be trusted. He was glad he didn't have to worry about that part of an invasion. The mere idea of it was simply mind boggling.

Finally he'd heard enough and set his comms to speak across the entire channel. Ever single member of the Blazing Chain and security forces would hear his offer. “Greetings, I am Optio Sargon of the Fringe military. As you know by now your planetary forces are failing against us, and your command structure is failing. You have two options, one you could continue to stay holed up in that office building until we bring it down around your heads. Two, you could join us, and not only come out of this with your lives but some profit as well. This is not a surrender this an employment opportunity for ever person currently fighting against our forces. Be you militia, security, or Blazing Chain the choices are simple and the answer clear. Join us for credits and a chance to make a better future for yourself, or die in the service of a cause that isn't your own. I will give you sixty seconds to reply.”

Sargon leaned back against the interior of the gunship again his body relaxed as he waited for a response. It took sixty five seconds and Sargon was getting prepped to order the pilots to began firing, but the response was worth the wait. His HUD started receiving footage from the ground forces around the building. The sound of blasters were still there but as a member of the security force was thrown out the window with his sniper rifle there was no doubt was the answer was.

Sargon simply sat and waited until the situation inside was decided. “Optio Sargon, this is Varush of the Blazing Chain, and we find your offer acceptable. Where would you like us to join you on the field?”

With a smirk Sargon called in a transport, though for cautions sake he made sure it was one where the pilot would be secure against his passengers. No need to give them a free ship. If they wanted a ride of this rock they were going to earn it. In truth he was kinda disappointed he had been looking forward to the fireworks. “Varush, I think we need to discuss that actually. Where is central command currently located? I'm tired of fire fighting its time to finish this resistance.”

Matreya

Grabbing Bash under his arm, Zaiden turned and began the mission of retreating back the way they had came. His last few remaining soldiers, now bloodthirsty and weakened from the draining of their energies, lead the way with every arm at the ready. Along the way Zaiden decided with a quick motion to call a nearby fallen rifle to his palm with a soft tap. The weight felt amazing, the cool metal a calming feeling for the now overtly aggressive God of Shadows. Absolutely just as predicted, Zaiden had given in to the humongous waves that were his emotions, the everlasting oceanic tides that pulled him and tore him up sometimes, but for now remained a somewhat tactful ally.

Alpha, 6. Beta, 12. Gamma, 9. Wolf, 3. Sheep, center. Zaiden said in a hushed whisper, the words broadcast to his men. The words were simple, commands on the battle field must be, but as they were the combination meant coordination. His lead Telekinetic would watch his flank, he himself would take the right as well as his Force Enhancer would take the left, with his last man taking the lead. Dead center in the cluster feth of weaponized flesh, Bash. For this man was the current mission, obtaining him safely could mean the exchange of enough leeway to alter the outcome of the whole operation.

Just as they rounded a sharp turn, and had to narrow into a smaller group, the firing began. But it never seemed to come at his men, and thusly none reacted to much in any way, other than the occasional hand gesture to Zaiden to alert him to positions. Soon enough, every spot that was firing upon the God of Shadows with his men was known and marked. Waiting until that one second pause, the tiniest of gaps in air, created upon the emptying of ones ammunition along with the requiring time necessary to reload....The sound of his rifle unloading was the signal and his men followed suit, with quick and precise aggression. As taught, each man went for kill shots, and each man hit his mark in the general aspect. Thusly the firefight was over before it began.

"Wolf leader, Target is gone." Alpha murmured from his position, where he stood eyeing every nook and cranny of the surrounding area. The greedy pig must have slipped away during the ensuing fire fight. Zaiden gestured a few quick waves of the hands, and his men were on their ways looking for Bash, the little weasel. Already he was causing plenty more trouble then he was worth, Zaiden could sense this and plenty more unappealing and less polite thoughts about the man. For some reason, most people hated those of the higher status, class, caste, whatever term you choose. Must have something to do with the want factor, those with less want, those with more want more. Because of views like this many found issues in bureaucracy and democracy.

Slowly moving along the many rows of vast storage containers and lifts, Zaiden sought the man with his piercing silver blue eyes, as well as telepathicly with his mind. Each step Zaiden made sounded like a mini nuke exploding in his ears, reverberating along his body and back out his legs, but he knew this to be due to the acute sense of awareness that comes with battle. Every smell or sight along the way was 10 times more vivid, blood seeming to shine and shimmer, the smell so tangy and metallic, it made him taste the copper and irony flavor that accompanies the red life sustaining liquid.

Turning down yet another row, Zaiden brought his eyes slowly back and forth to monitor both sides as he walked...Boom! Blam! Slugthrower rounds, nearby. Zaiden thought absent mindedly as he charged back towards the sound, which he found was Bash having shot Beta once in the head, and once in the back. But the man was detained, Alpha held him high in the air with ease.

"Please sir, do we need this whelp? Can't we just claim to hold him under our possession? They don't need to know any better do they? I mean he just shot Beta, let me handle this!" Alpha seethed, teeth clamped shut and eyes pulsating as he glared at the now cowering ball of a man.

"No. We don't need him, as a matter of fact I agree. This piece of poodoo should pay, with blood and tears, but we can't do things that way. Were I in charge maybe, but as of now that is not the case." Zaiden with a sigh, after a long - almost to long - stare down. He really did agree, but for now he would do as commanded and apprehend his targets until told otherwise. "Admiral(@[member="Ashin Varanin"]), I may be longer then initially believed. Be on the watch, it seems they have more men hidden in these things than a smuggler has spice hidden on his person." With that he cut off his comlink and returned his mind to his duties before him.

Zaiden pulled the man down from the air and, not to politely, set him him on the ground, then focused for a moment and a nearby piece of cable came to his extended hand. This he used to make a crude yet effective pair of hand cuffs, with matching anklets. With the man properly fitted and tied, Zaiden tapped the barrel of his gun to the man's back, indicating clearly to move. And off they were, yet again, to bring the man back to camp, so to speak.

In swift precise movements, Zaiden and his men narrowed out to become a triangle wrapped around Bash, none willing to let the man loose again. Then ever so begrudgingly slow, they set back out. Eyes scanning everything, every spot in the open or hidden, every body was checked by multiple pairs of color variant eyes, all the while Zaiden had to admit the team's handiwork. These men would be recruited into the 121st, forthwith. He would contact @[member="Dranok Lussk"] among the others as soon as the dominion over Taloraan was completed and put behind them.

Soon they completed the entirety of the level they were currently residing on, and began the climb higher. The next level held no surprise, of any fashion, save Bash sneezing abruptly and Zaiden grabbing the man by the face and lifting him clear into the air, "Must you test my patience? One more noise, one, even a blink to loud, and I give you over to my men! Understood!?" Upon the nod of approval, Zaiden and his team began again, with Zaiden looking about and muttering, "@[member="Barrett Haskins"] where are you when I need your smuggling skills."

It took less time then the last to finish the level, and the next was even faster. Soon the light of the skies above could be seen, and Zaiden sighed with ease. They were nearing their destination, and they would be allowed a moment of reprieve. At which time Zaiden would take charge of the 121st, whom were guarding the LZ. He grew tired of this battle, and would stop holding his trump up his sleeve, not this far into it.

Making the final steps of the bridge, Zaiden heard a humongous explosion and dropped to a knee, thrusted Bash forward to an awaiting Fringe-man, spun 360° and began to search for the source of such a powerful explosive. As he did so, he also silently commanded his men to approach, and within the breadth of a millisecond his command was in action, and in less time they formed ranks behind him with arms aimed high. Slowly rising, Zaiden gestured to Gear, his best battle engineer, and signaled to take point. With the team now led as they slowly moved towards the blast, Zaiden cast about him self a minor Force Cloak and charged around then past them.

They would be the distraction, for though it seemed ruthless and uncaring, the decision had been unanimous amongst the men when silently proposed. No man on his Legion was a Force Trainee, well not in the usual sense, for they had each had training pertaining to their individual strengths, lead by Zaiden himself. But no one man could be even the equivalent of a mid level apprentice, however they knew that this meant no limitations in the greater scheme of the galactic scheme of things, known as destiny. They fought with less fear or regrets then any man Zaiden knew, himself included.

Once a position of secured defense was located, Zaiden held his ground, still hidden from the eyes of man, as his men slowly began to search. Sifting through rubble, lifting huge beams and moving them aside, all the while continuing their slow monotonous march. Though they seemed to show compassion at the moment, maybe even seeking any possible survivors in the bombing, but that was not the case. They were seeking any possible enemy threat that may or may not be hidden among all of the debris. The attack was not to close to their base, but it was an attack directed at the Lord's of the Fringe main stead and thus the reciprocation must be thorough in it's entirety.

Blaster fire erupted from behind a near by low hanging wall, nearer to Zaiden and behind his men. Maintaining his Cloak, Zaiden reached slow but suredly out with the force and began to crush the man's windpipe. The instant over whelming pressure was amassed far to quickly to sound any form of an alarm to others that may be near by that could have been involved as well. After the body went limp, the Legate just as carefully lowered it to the ground. His men new nothing of his having saved one of their lives, but that mattered very little to him, what did glory matter to the God of Shadows. His whole life had been glory filled, hundreds of thousands of accomplishments, including assassinations as well as charity events and donations. Even though Zaiden was generally a bad man, he did his best to make up for it. What kind of a man would he be if he needed the glory?

Just as soon as the all clear was given, Zaiden began to lower his light bending Force Cloak, but had to instantly raise it again. For off in the distance came a singular fighter ship, flying in low and targeting individuals with their turrets. Thinking quickly, Zaiden called to his mend with his mind, and a plan began to formulate. One by one his men found safety, taking cover from the powerful blasts that rain from heaven. Next his explosives expert pulled forth a high powered grenade launcher, a prototype courtesy of James Armor Co, and started his line up on the shot.

At this point Zaiden began to watch his movements closely, as soon as the man's trigger finger twitched to fire the rocket propelled explosive to it's destination, the Legate got ready. He knew the ship would dodge it, and that's what they hoped for.

Come on, come on... Zaiden thought silently, Save yourself like a good idiot.. And just as expected, the man saw the incoming weapon, and did an over exaggerated barrel roll. But just as the bomb passed the turbines on the ship, Zaiden gave a massive force blast and cracked the explosives head, igniting it instantly. The initial explosion was enough to damage the ship and cause it to set ablaze, smoke rising insnaly fast.

It was just another on his list of kills, something that probably should have bothered him more, and would most likely bother a normal person more, but to him it was just another body. He was a cold man, loving and warm, yet dead on the inside. Unhealable and broken, despite his many attempts to prove otherwise. In the end, these moments showed it. His utter ruthless abandon for life, nigh leaning on love of death.

These were the thoughts wracking his brain as he began his march again, leading his men once again. The team of silent death.

(Word count: Drum roll?....2031. I'll take my prize in form of a rank nomination lmfao)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom