Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lords of the Fringe Dominion of Taloraan

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
OOC: Think so.
Jared cursed, he had expected the enemy fighter to flee the moment he entered the flak field. The usage of the Force combined with the excellent maneuverability of his ship made sure he had an advantage here, at least that was the idea. He was almost sure the enemy pilot was a Force User himself, it was impossible otherwise to evade that many flak slugs. And as his opponent did not have the maneuverability he had, Jared was almost sure he was piloting against a Force Master who was also the better Pilot. "Frak this, how is it that I always end up in this kind of situations."

He then decided to try something different. The whole time now Jared was more focused on surviving, trying to evade his adversary's fire instead of dealing out some damage himself. So now it was time for boldness, he suddenly did a 180 loop in the air, putting himself behind the pilot chasing him. Without a second thought he started to pump the ship full of laser beams.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Jorus Merrill"]

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The flak grew more intense, to the point where it was all he could do to make the instinctive maneuvers that minimized impacts and spread them across his shields. He couldn't even tell whether his people had been successful in destroying the TibannaX refinery. Nor could he tell whether his laser cannon barrages were doing much at all to Ovmar's ship.

A much more maneuverable ship than his own, as proven when Ovmar skipped up through one of the gas giant's clouds, dropped in behind the scarred Stormhammer, and began blasting away. Jorus rolled left and gunned it, out of the flak battery's range, with Ovmar still on his tail.

"Gypsy, this is Red Two, we gotta break off. It's getting too hot."

"Feth." Laserfire slammed the Stormhammer. "Get clear, girls and boys. I'll be right behind ya."

"We can come clear the air for ya, Gypsy."

"Negative. They're moving heavier stuff into position. Get gone."

His scanners showed the other Stormhammers breaking off and clawing for space, leaving the TibannaX refinery damaged but salvageable. Meanwhile, he still had a tenacious pilot on his tail. He made for space himself, trusting his gut for patternless evasive maneuvers.

Sargon leaned back in the gunner's seat as the ships flew out of range. To him the end of the battle almost seemed unreal, nearly anti-climatic. He didn't complain though, he had enough letters to write up already. His men had served him well and he could only hoped he'd earn the trust they'd placed in him. He still wasn't sure about the leadership and politics of the Fringe, but he was damn sure about it's soldiers. They'd fought on selflessly and even given their lives up willingly to save their fellow soldier. There wasn't anymore he could ask for then for men as brave as the ones who fought besides them.

His orders were simply to standby and wait for a shuttle to pick them up. The company would have to be reformed it was well below combat strength, but until then he had no doubt the Fringe would find a place. He did have to write some recommendations out though. Funny he never thought he'd have so much paperwork after a battle. “Squad, the mission has been accomplished. You did me proud today, and I won't forget it, ever.”

Stripping off his helmet he closed his eyes as the swift breeze sent a chill through him. He'd never learn to love combat on these floating cities, but at least it was done now. The tibanna gas would increase coffers of the Fringe and reduce the its reliance on outside suppliers. The benefits were easy to see, and with heavy turbo blasters the way he figured it they'd save far more lives in the long run then they lost. Still he'd learned a few lessons he planned to follow up on.

First, he needed a proper defense against lightsabers and force users. He knew he wasn't interested in trying to fight with one of those fancy things himself but perhaps some type of shielding that could keep one at bay. Perhaps even an actual shield like he read about in the ancient history of Iridonia. After all if it worked against a blade then why not a different type now. As far as fighting these force users he'd have to learn how they fought what their limitations were. He owed it to the one who laid down his life because he'd given him the chance to learn. It was a debt he couldn't forget or erase, and he'd meant it when he said he would remember him.

As far as the refinery mess he knew there wasn't much he could have done differently there. He'd followed orders and it was simply a bad roll of the dice. What he would take out of it was to never again doubt a cornered animal. The enemy had become feral at that point, so desperate to escape death they were willing to do anything. Perhaps a bit more training in combat tactics would have prevented it, perhaps not. Either way in the end he felt he had done well overall for his first engagement with the Fringe. Now it was just a question of where to next, but he supposed he already knew that. He owed his boys a drink.

Turning towards his men he watched them all sprawl out throughout the platform. All the gunners still lounging now in their chairs. They needed some chow, a shower, a woman, and by his own word a good stiff drink. “Alright boys seems we are headed off planet, and back home. So lets get off this ball of gas and once our feet our on solid ground I'll see which one of you thinks you can out drink an Iridonian.”

::Command, this is Optio Sargon all objectives are accomplished. If we could get a rush on that shuttle I'd kill for a hot shower.::

Shinju had been left to her work and oh what work it was. the inside of the place offered something for her to do... Well more so then others and her face just grinned at the thought of tearing things apart. The men who had been given to her were locked in a room as slowly she sat there at the table and smiled. Her teeth showing with a serene expression hiding the ocean of crazy that was coming. Motioning with her hand she spoke. "Now all of you have been very very bad, seems I have been brought here to negotiate but that is boring so in the interest of fun.... See this is my fun face [smiles] this is my sad face [frowns]. You want me to be happy but your foolishness has me all sad. So...."

Shinju let it trail off as she put a rebreather on and one of the men spoke. "What is that for?" "Fo....t.....g.s.." "What?" "Fo....t.....g.s.." The people just stared at her as she took the mask off and spoke. "For the gas." Then slowly the room started filling with nitrous oxide and Shinju put her thumbs up while the flailed laughing at first... Then flopping around from the oxygen going away. A little slipped into her system and she had a giggle fit right there while clapping and listening to them trying to breathe like fish on land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom