Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Lightsaber Rifle

Because it's a stupid idea and the original creator should feel bad.

Lightsaber Rifles sound silly to be honest.

What’s stupid and silly to you has no bearing on other opinions. Star Wars is built on stupid, silly ideas. Every movie is chock-full of them. The legends and canon continuity is riddled with stupid, silly ideas. Why is this one excluded?

In Umbris Potestas Est
In defense of the question, isn’t a lightsaber rifle basically useless against anything that a lightsaber can’t cut through? You’d just need a Phrik riot shield, or cortosis or beskar plated droids to render it useless. With how much lightsaber-proof stuff FU and NFU PCs have, it’s honestly not something I can see needing to be banned, personally.

It has been treated as almost as bad as the Sun Crusher in some contexts.

It fires five shots then breaks apart, the power of a lightsaber, far greater than a disruptor with the requirement it needs a lightsaber hilt, crystal, battery supply and all...which is just stupid.

Then we get towards the fact that this ammunition is just heavy and blocking it just be a massive pain. How would anyone feel on the fact they got shot at "from a lightsaber" with no lightsaber on. That is almost as bad as the lightsaber pistol but no damn way to really block it.

Finally, there is one called Farkiller which...has a range of 100 Kilometers. That is ten max length SSDs you are firing away from and it is accurate to the pinpoint.

Oh almost forgot, can blow up part of a building self destruct style with the power of several thermal detonators.

To put it bluntly....it is a very bad, very stupid design. One of Disneys "Canon" projects that while yes, be fun to own, is beyond bull honky broken. I honestly hate a good majority of Disney Canon during this period and a majority has no clue how it should work, nor do honestly want to mess with it. The comic run in question, Darth Vader, I actually read and is rather fun. Doctor Aphra is a sideshow of the Darth Vader comic and is rather good as well.

But remember this, while Darth Vader is somewhat a celebrated run, it is considered by far one of the most goofy and most ridiculous comic runs I ever read. I won't spoil it by any means, but it literally becomes a Comic Book in of itself, in parody multiple upon multiple times. There is even an EVIL duo of R2 and C3P0 (Sadly not the C3PX) that shows up in the comics.

Again, it becomes from something far dumber than most seen. Don't believe me? Get a trade paperback of the comic...you will see. Aside from the Droidika scene, badass!

Orn'om

O
This is one of those weird admin/staff decisions where we're totally fine with sentient droids somehow inhabiting and taking over a realm of the afterlife and anyone can use force canceling rocks that come from one place in a parallel dimension of hyperspace that nobody knows how to get to on purpose

But a lightsaber rifle is banned because "Goofy"

Make the math make sense.

Since there is an interest for math here, i developed a helpful equation to follow with a key of terms attached!

X + |U| x 0 = N

X= Staff Decision
|U| = The Absolute Value of "Ur" opinion
N = Ban

Solve for X that's your answer.

Regardless whether or not you think it's cool or goofy (me personally, I don't think it's much more than a suped up disruptor with a gimmick) if it feels icky to staff your opinion on the topic doesn't matter lol

I think they've made themselves clear so not a lot of sense to beat the dead horse.

If you want to get on their nerves though, sub a rail gun that just yeets a lightsaber at people. Lightsaber activation optional lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom