Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Lightning Battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.

i09D3bv.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
001-dvd1_star_wars_imperial_forces_web.jpg

Xv2fW7e.png

GENERAL INFORMATION

• Unit Name: Lightning Battalion
  • Affiliation:
  • Classification: Variable
    • Infantry
    • Armored Assault
    • Mechanized Infantry
    • Vehicular Assault

• Description: Lightning Battalion, or more formally known as the 25th battalion, is a newly formed combat unit comprised of infantry, APCS, and assault vehicles. Extremely flexible and versatile in regards to weaponry and vehicles, Lighting Battalion can perform a variety of missions. Mainly performing operations in urban environments, they are experienced with handling civilians and know how to tell the difference between a disguised terrorist and genuine civilian. Nicknamed after their amazing speed and pinpoint accuracy, Lightning Battalion can rapidly deploy through their use of armored personnel carriers into tight situations. Their sheer numbers can overwhelm enemy encampments. Because the Lightning Battalion is a ground force, they rely on air support from other units to provide air reconnaissance to determine enemy positions, and bombing raids to clear enemy fortifications. Each company has their own unique culture and slang military terms. The companies are divided according to experience and ability of the individual. Each recruit takes a course that lasts about five weeks. Throughout these five weeks, the "fresh meat" are put through a series of tests and tasks that tests their potential ability to fight. At the end of the course an exam is proctored. Those that score high marks are placed within the first three companies while those who....score under the bar, are placed in the lower classed companies.

COMBAT INFORMATION:
AOgX1Z6.jpg

Strengths:
  • Variability - With a wide variety of weapons and vehicles available for deployment, Lightning Battalion is extremely versatile.
  • Mobility - Lightning Battalion's vehicle complement consists of mainly APCs and ground vehicles which allows for rapid deployment and hit and run operations.
Weaknesses:
  • Mines - Due to Lightning Battalion only using ground vehicles and fighting in urban environments, personnel and vehicles are vulnerable to mines and other traps.
  • Support - While support is present in the form of light walkers, Lightning Battalion has no form of air support and thus are vulnerable to bombing raids.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Lightning Battalion is a large sized combat unit comprised entirely of ground forces. A part of the New Imperial Order, Lighting Battalion, or the 25th Battalion, is commanded by Major Jackson Vernault, a military genius. It's troopers are close and loyal to their Major and the New Imperial Order.

[
THEME
]

Last edited:
Jackson Vernault Jackson Vernault

Hey there! Awesome submission you've got there - large units are always needed for the endless fighting in the streets :) All the comments I have are of the technical variety:
  • In Out of Character Information, Permissions refer to permissions being given to you for use by the other sub's writers. For example, if you have permission from Iveric Tavlar's writer, the permission needs to be added to this field in the form of a screenshot of him granting you that permission. If this submission was only affiliated with NIO, you would've been able to use any codex/factory submissions that are also affiliated with it, but as you've also listed your character under the affiliations, we need that permission. So you have two choices here - either add permissions from Iveric, or alternatively, remove Jackson Vernault from the affiliation list. Whichever of these two you choose, the link to the NIO faction page in the Permissions field needs to be removed.
  • In General Information, for Description, I would strongly suggest you remove the hard numbers from the soldier numbers themselves. Codex does not operate on hard numbers, and it's sufficient to use the words small/medium/large. This will also save you the need to make frequent edits as the faction and its warrings grow.
  • For Equipment, you need permission for the following items, as they are closed-market submissions with no affiliations of any kind to the NIO:
  • On a personal note, the aesthetics you've placed in this submission make it simply beautiful and pleasing to the eye. However, with the wide images, it looks a touch cramped - I would recommend making the template a little bit wider. You don't have to, this is just a suggestion.
Please tag me back once you've made all the required edits, and I'll be happy to pass this along :)

Jackson Vernault Jackson Vernault

Hey there! Awesome submission you've got there - large units are always needed for the endless fighting in the streets :) All the comments I have are of the technical variety:
  • In Out of Character Information, Permissions refer to permissions being given to you for use by the other sub's writers. For example, if you have permission from Iveric Tavlar's writer, the permission needs to be added to this field in the form of a screenshot of him granting you that permission. If this submission was only affiliated with NIO, you would've been able to use any codex/factory submissions that are also affiliated with it, but as you've also listed your character under the affiliations, we need that permission. So you have two choices here - either add permissions from Iveric, or alternatively, remove Jackson Vernault from the affiliation list. Whichever of these two you choose, the link to the NIO faction page in the Permissions field needs to be removed.
  • In General Information, for Description, I would strongly suggest you remove the hard numbers from the soldier numbers themselves. Codex does not operate on hard numbers, and it's sufficient to use the words small/medium/large. This will also save you the need to make frequent edits as the faction and its warrings grow.
  • For Equipment, you need permission for the following items, as they are closed-market submissions with no affiliations of any kind to the NIO:
  • On a personal note, the aesthetics you've placed in this submission make it simply beautiful and pleasing to the eye. However, with the wide images, it looks a touch cramped - I would recommend making the template a little bit wider. You don't have to, this is just a suggestion.
Please tag me back once you've made all the required edits, and I'll be happy to pass this along :)

Thank you! I believe everything is edited. Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

Jackson Vernault Jackson Vernault Thank you for taking the time to make those edits. However, I believe there is some sort of confusion regarding the permissions. The links in the permissions should include you, as the writer of this submission, receiving permission to use factory/codex submissions from their creators.

• ApexTech Industries - the link is to the storefront.
  • NIO Manifest - linking to threads inside factions or in the archives is not permitted.
  • The person making the purchase in the REC link is Iveric and not you.

If you would remove your character from the affiliations, about half of the equipment you've listed would be fine for use, but as you intent on keeping him there, I really need to see permissions for everything I mentioned in my last reply.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to tag me back with what you need.

Link <- This is the strict permissions found in the first post of ApexTech Industries stating "list of open contracts organizations have with ApexTech Industries, allowing for their products to be freely purchased and used by." The New Imperial Order is listed as one of the organizations that have a contract. I'm assuming this means that any and all personnel of the NIO can use their equipment.

For REC, I believe Irveric purchased the items on behalf of the NIO, if not just let me know and i'll see if i can get the permissions from him. I just am replying here to see if i can get ApexTech cleared.

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter , Thanks for helping me.

Jackson Vernault Jackson Vernault ApexTech Industries is cleared :)

If the permissions are for the NIO to be used that is fine, but the main thing is that you've also listed your own character under affiliations. This means that if in the future, your character leaves NIO, he can still use those things that are actually only with permission to the NIO and people in it by extention, which is why I need direct permissions when it involves the character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom