Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life Day Gala [ CIS & Friends ]

More people gathered inside the building as he gave Aevan his full attention. He could feel the eyes of another in the room, and would have searched for them if he wasn't so focused on dancing. Maybe he was imagining things. Though the suit did probably attract some wondering eyes.

Akabane took pleasure in the compliment, he felt confident in his choice of clothing so the approval by his partner made him happy. A half smile found its way to his face when he spoke. "I appreciate your sentiments, Princess." He wanted to do the same. Looking at the red dress she wore, he grinned. "I need to write down that Miss Fire looks fantastic in red." he said jokingly.

The two moved in harmony to the music. Aevan told him she didn't think they'd actually get to dance. All he could do is smirk as he thought of many different thing to say. He would wait to speak until they danced some more. "Why? You're attractive enough." his reply didn't feature any particular emotion, he spoke with an honest mind. "This much I can handle. Don't try to do any crazy dances, please." he said to warn her of the possible embarrassed.

[member="Aevan Kitaki"]

Jaya had gotten herself a drink and started slowly pacing around, seemingly looking for anything to do. Drinking was fun, but if there wasn't anything else to go with it the activity got stale quite quick. Despite that she stuck close to the open bar, making sure the next drink was never far away. Luckily it seemed she would not have the time to get bored however, as a voice called out to her.

"Hello!"

Before Cupcake could greet her back she was given a compliment about her hair, something that did not often happen. She flashed the woman an amused smile. "Most say it's tacky, but it's good to see there are at least some people in the galaxy who can appreciate it. As a fan of the color purple I gotta say that I really like yours too." After taking a quick sip of her drink she realized she hadn't introduced herself, causing her to let out a "hmm" while swallowing her drink. A handshake was offered. "Name's Jaya. Uh, I think I'm supposed to say Captain Tandris now. Still getting used to it, let alone the fact I'm not generally one for parties like this."

Every event needed music, and Jaya was fairly sure it would not be the kind she was necessarily interested in. Deep down she wanted to sneakily hijack the speaker system and play some of her own music, but the thought was quickly repressed. This wasn't about her, she had to fit in. "What did you say your name was?"

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

When Tmoxin caught Derek’s eye, her skin tingled and a hot flush crawled up her neck to her cheeks, making her feel vaguely feverish. She had not been this caught off guard in years.

“Be right back,” she said to the fellow force users, picking up a glass of champagne from a serving droid nearby and gliding over to the two brothers and the women.

“Good evening, Knight Dib. This must be your brother, Muad if I can go by the physical similarities.” Not one to make even a hint of a social faux pas, Tmoxin turned to the ladies and extended her hand in greeting. “I’m Tmoxin Temi.” Just a trace of the elegant Hapan accent was left in her cadence.

With a quick glance cast around the room, more out of curiosity than anything, she faced forward again and asked Derek, “What have you been doing with yourself since leaving Bothawui?” She sipped her champagne, playing coy and innocent, but her mind was spinning with the passionate endeavors in which both had indulged when he’d visited the Seven Moons Ranch.

[member="Derek Dib"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Arabella Darkhold"]

His eyes followed the Hapan woman as she closed the distance from across the room. As she greeted both his brother and himself then introduced herself to the small gathering her and an eyebrow and glanced at Muad ensuring he was still on 'good behavior'. But you never could tell with him. Arabella and Yumi were both quietly witnessing events. All around the gala had picked up and started to get into the swing of the festivities.

His attention fully returned to Tmoxin as she asked him what he been doing since the past time they had seen one another.

"Been staying busy. Working with Olanet and trying to get the planet back on it's feet since they are officially with the Confederacy. Trying to herd the councilors in the same direction is nearly impossible. I'm ready a vacation already. I'm thinking about picking up keffi riding for relaxation and a bit of exercise."

The discreet smile was carefully crafted to not be revealing, but the slight flush of heat in his cheeks spoke volumes to one attuned with him.

"Oh, and a happy life day to you, High Justice Temi."

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] I [member="Kurenai Yumi"] I [member="Arabella Darkhold"]

Her smile flipped into a frown in a instant when the other girl said most called her hair tacky. She didn't like that one bit. The wide smile plastered right back onto her face as the girl called herself a fan of purple and said she liked her too. "Thank you! It's a little lighter than it was but purple's been my color my whole life so it's like my color." It was definitely fading, washing away in a sense even though it had been natural to her since the day Katrine was born. She honestly didn't know what it would eventually be once the remnants of the curse washed away. Lowering her head, she picked up a piece of her hair to look at it. "I'm kinda curious though as to what will be underneath once it's all gone." Katrine was always curious, it was her nature. Maybe she'd love what was meant to be her natural color, maybe she'd hate it and start dying her hair to stay purple, maybe she'd do something else with it, she honestly didn't know but it felt like another adventure coming up.

The sight of the hand offered made her drop her hair and look at the girl again. She heard the name Jaya, with the connetion of aptain Tandris. She was still getting used to it, Kat listened to go on as she extended her hand and took the offered one, shaking it with a firmless natural to a little Lupine not completely aware of all her strength. "I like Jaya," Katrine commented during the shake. "Captain Tandris sound super formal, I've never been one for formalities." Releasing her hand though, Katrine's sapphire blue gaze shifted off to the glass in front of Jaya. "What are you drinking?" She wasn't big on the drinking though she'd tried some things. So far, she was a big fan of the wodka she'd been bought a few years back.

Distracted by everything else, Katrine took a hot minute to realize the eyes Jaya was looking at her with. "Ooooh, I haven't even noticed your eyes before. They're really pretty," she blurted out almost immediately as Jaya wondered about her name. "I didn't," the Lupine responded without missing a beat. "It's Katrine Van-Derveld," she revealed though. There was a time when she had arrived when she had only given her first name, worried about stepping in with her family in the past but since she'd run into both of her parents, been to Dathomir... she'd run into most of them anyway. And besides, this was the Confederacy. Thinking about it now made her blue gaze wander about the gala, she hadn't seen Uncle Isley yet but it was one of the first thing she'd had inquired about upon learning the Confederacy had returned into the now. After all, she knew her Uncle Isley, she definitely would have liked meeting him in his younger self. Mother and Father always spoke highly of him in their time within the Confederacy and she loved him so it was only natural for her to want to see him. He was nowhere to be seen though and she refocused back on Jaya.

[member="Jaya Tandris"]

Upon receiving the handshake and feeling the firmness of it Jaya pulled an impressed face, not expecting it from her. "You're a lot stronger than you look, you know that? You would tear it up ina boxing ring." She herself used to practise the sport regularly, although her work for the Confederacy had been eating away at her free time. Her music production and work on machinery had taken precendence over it too, leaving her spending less time on it than she would have liked. "In any case, Jaya it is. Captain Tandris just sounds like you're bragging." A sigh of relief was held back, thankful that the conversation could be held on a first-name basis. "Good to meet you."

A cocking of Jaya's eyebrow signalled the fact her curiosity had been raised as she took a closer look at the woman's hair. "You've been dying your hair for so long that you can't remember your natural hair color?" She took a sip of her drink, musing the thought. It was slightly confusing, but no mystery was too great to shrug your shoulders at if it was too much of a pain to figure out. At the question of what she was drinking however she sidelined the hair topic and looked at her glass for a moment. "Uh, I honestly just grabbed the first bottle I could get my hands on. It tasted like brandy though, and it looks like it, so that would probably mean I'm drinking brandy. Want to try it?" She offered the liquid to the woman, knowing that she could just get another free of charge. Immediately she realized why coming to the party had been a genius idea.

"Katrine... I like that name. It's got a nice flair to it." When the comment on her eyes was made Jaya looked surprised for a moment. "Did I seriously forget..." Her sentence was cut off by an amused chuckle. "Another reason why I suck at fitting in at fancy parties, heh. They're not really my eye color, I'm wearing contacts. They don't do anything either, they are just a red color. I told myself I wouldn't wear them tonight, but I forgot to take them out." Wishing for another drink she started walking towards the open bar and taking hold of a bottle of what turned out to be whiskey. "Want anything? I'll pour it in for you."

“While we have neutral relations with the Galactic Empire, are the Siskeen citizens wary that they are so close to a dangerous dictatorship's borders?” Tmoxin certainly felt their presence on Kamino, but then again, she’d always been careful to keep the Morpho profile as low as possible, which wasn’t too difficult on the stormy water world. It was not as if there was a thriving nightlife and tourism was practically nil. On Lok it was a different story as the area thrived on press, flash and good PR.

She quirked a brow at the mention of keffis. “I have a two new stallions, a stud and some mares coming from Annaxes. I’ll save one of the stallions for you. You are welcome anytime Viceroy, Dib.”

Tucking a lock of copper-red hair behind her ear, she sipped her champagne, barely drinking any actually, but then again, neither of them were killing Hutts and escaping luxury liner. No need to swill whiskey this early in the night. She glanced momentarily at Muad and the women and then replied, “Thank you.”

Tmoxin wasn’t fond of being one year old but the most gracious way to take a compliment or a tender sentiment was to simply accept it.

[member="Derek Dib"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Arabella Darkhold"]

Aevan only had attention for Akabane. Her eyes focused only on him. His half smile and then calling her Princess made her feel once again like the royalty she had been. He returned the compliment with a grin.

"Should also take a picture. Mister Gale and his Princess."

She had resigned herself to stop trying to convince him he was also royalty. He appeared to either not want to remember or had really forgotten. As unlikely as it seemed, there may even be a small chance he hadn't been royalty to his tribe.

He proved to be adept in dancing and that showed her he knew more than he let on. They moved to the music and neither one stepped on the toes of the other. His words made her shake her head and then chuckle at his last comment.

"It is not that I don't think I am attractive enough to dance with, Mister Gale, but the fact I did not think there would be a dance such as this offered here."

There was a clear sense of humor in her voice at calling him by the nickname she had given him, but it was also serious in answer.

"Don't worry, I won't start anything wild...here."

There was an obvious tease in her voice.

[member="Akabane Jarvik"]

The mention of a picture made him chuckle. Preparing to talk, he inhaled. "There might be a day where we part ways, a picture would only bring pain. Yes?" he didn't oppose a picture being taken but as a man who strategized with every breath, he had to say what rested on his mind. Akabane feared she would take it the wrong way but he didn't say anything else.

Aha! Akabane was happy with this discovery, he smiled as he spoke about it. "That's interesting. In our relationship I plan to find out everything there is to know about you. Once again I've hit the jackpot!" he grinned while nodding. "You are a goddess, right?" this was meant to not be taken seriously but he did view her as something more superior than himself. Maybe because he now knew of her position during her life on Kro Var. Clearing his throat and changing to a more serious tone "Yes. This opportunity came at the right time, I mean we only just recently promised to dance together after all."

The teasing caught him by surprise and he tended to not like such things. He pulled Aevan closer to say something. It would be a whisper, but loud enough that she would heat over the music. "I hold you to that, Miss Kitaki." a grin would come after his whisper, then he returned to normal.

[member="Aevan Kitaki"]

She'd blinked, tilted her head and watched the other girl curiously when she heard she was stronger than she looked. Katrine didn't really know what she was talking about but she was really like a grown up pup who sometimes thought she was still small, as pups did. Even in her human form, she didn't think about it much, even as she'd just turned twenty, thinking she hadn't changed much in years. A tiny bit taller, a little bit more developed but hardly a grown up in her own mind. "If you say so, I guess," she finally conceded to the words, letting the remainder of the the statement stick in. She could apparently tear it up in a boxing ring. "That's Father's thing," she'd just dropped without thinking about it. Not a ring, more like a cage but still, he'd been more a fighter in that regard than Katrine.

Her new friend accepted being called Jaya, apparently the formal was bragging. Kat's eyes as she shrugged and nodded carelessly. "Sure, that too," Not really. She didn't see the bragging part about Captain but then she'd never been anywhere to actually earn the title captain. There were people who called themselves captain, people who said they had a ship so therefor they were captains and then there was something else she wasn't really paying too much attention to know. But really, it sounded super formal. "Formal mostly. Even if Chloe didn't become Lady after Father and it fell to me, I think I'd still prefer not the formal about it." That was Katrine in the now, she preferred Kat or Katrine. She didn't really know what to expect from her future self, especially when she'd met one version of her that liked ridiculous titles but none of them real. They were essential nicknames and bad names or probably even her masking her true identity from her child-self but either way, Katrine found it silly all together. She was Katrine, that was the unique part of her. Well, that and being the firstborn pure blood of her parents, born to them both being Lupines unlike her big sister but this seemed hardly like the time to bore Jaya with all the fun details of her life.

Maybe next time, maybe in an hour... she'd see.

Her face shifted into what could be described as a serious frown, though it was more just a confused expression to Kat, as she was asked suddenly if she'd been dying her hair for so long that she couldn't remember her natural hair color. "Oh no no. I was born with purple. Like darker than this purple. It's just lighter recently, I think it's kinda washing away," she explained, not understanding she probably wasn't making much sense but continued anyway, "Purple isn't common at all in my family anymore. Red's been a thing for a long time. But like my fur is white so maybe I'll go even lighter than Mother has. I don't know." Did Kat just reveal something about being a Lupine to a complete stranger? Yes, she did. Did Katrine realize she'd actually talked about her fur? Not at all. It never actually came up in a conversation, she'd only ever changed in front of Aston. Generally people assumed she was humanoid and Katrine didn't correct them. Not that she was ashamed, it was who she was after all, but hey, not everyone had to know your business, right? Besides, the expression on Aston face when she'd changed had been awesome, Katrine loved it, she'd gladly do that again to anyone.

Whatever Jaya was drinking, she didn't know. Might have been brandy, looked like it, apparently. Katrine didn't really spent too much time studying. Prompting herself over the bar just a little bit, she grabbed an upside glass and turning in her hand before Jaya had even finished asking if she wanted to try it. "Absolutely!" Kat declared, putting the glass in front of the other girl, waiting to find out what it was.

Jaya complimented her name, making Kat grinned. "I think it's Mother's play on words. I'm Kat, my Father's Ket. Or something. She doesn't like his long name much so she usually said she fixed it." That's what Mother said when she asked. Katrine wasn't a name within the Hawks, she'd asked. She loved it though. The suddenly change in the conversation once Kat had complimented the girl's eyes made the girl's eyes go wide. Forget? "Forget what?" She spat out immediately before Jaya chuckled, revealing she was wearing contacts. "Well, I like that," Katrine insisted none the less. "What's your natural eye color?" She still blurted out, curious. Kat needed answers to questions, even before she'd even come up with it, she was dependent on that sort of knowledge. She also didn't know how to stop asking when she didn't get a straight answer. Lot of people disliked that but Katrine couldn't change herself for anyone really.

Her sapphire blue gaze curiously followed the other girl as she moved to the bar, getting another bottle. Jaya was super nice, Katrine decided, as she was once again asked if she wanted someone. "I'll try that too," she quickly said, pointing straight for the bottle Jaya had chosen. Mother didn't drink too much and she was far too young to learn some basic rules about drinking so really, Katrine just wanted to try anything and everything. And she definitely planned on it.

[member="Jaya Tandris"]

With one arm around the waist of Bella he watched as the High Justice approached. What was curious though was how his brother watched her. Rolling his head to the side he listened to the inflections in their words, the slight mannerisms, the hint in the facial ticks. A predatory grin crossed his face as the Mad Knight connected the dots.

Turning his head he looked Yumi.

"So what made you want to join up with the Confederacy?"

Glowing eyes turned back toward Temi and brought her into the conversation.

"And what about you Temi?"

He had read the dossier on the High Justice as well as Kurenai, as much as the file had on the two. One was a Hapan Sith while the other had a file that was scarce on details, but enough to let the reader know she had been around awhile . The Mad Knight was curious, plus it always helped to know a bit more about your allies.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] I [member="Kurenai Yumi"] I [member="Arabella Darkhold"] I [member="Derek Dib"]

[member="Muad Dib"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]​
Bella tried her best to listen while she rested within the circle of Muadie's arm. She smiled at those with them and tried to figure out what exactly their roles were within the CIS that Muad seemed to dearly love.

"Yes what do you all do? Is it something you can share?" She smiled for she too had been watching Derek and Tmoxin there was something going on there it reflected in the aura around them she did not know what it was. But this was not the first time they met, and their friendship was deeper than acquaintances. She just didn't know how so? Romantic? maybe Derek had that effect on women, all business that would be new for Derek.

She took another draw on her drink, all she needed to do was find a way to fit in.

The conversation had been an entertaining one. Katrine definitely wasn't the stuck-up kind of person Jaya expected the venue to be filled with, which made it so the drinking wasn't the only good thing about this party. The shoes were still too small and were actively torturing her feet - thank the Force they weren't heels too - the music still bored her to no end, but the redeeming qualities were definitely worth it. Except for the shoes. They were awful. Never again. The whole hair thing was slightly confusing to her, but up until that point it was nothing too weird.

And then things got weird.

Katrine explained she was born with purple hair, which already made absolutely no sense, but that was blown out of the water when she mentioned fur. Were the drinks already getting to her? No, she had been truly drunk many times before, but in the state she was in right now there was no way that was the cause. Was she hallucinating. It had to be that. Someone spiked the drinks, she was just imagining it. But it felt too real. Sheer confusion was written all over Cupcake's face, but before she could react Katrine continued.

It wasn't that Jaya wasn't listening, she definitely was, but it was all put behind the burning question she already had in queue. When her new friend finished she didn't answer the question, instead she asked hers. "Fur? I think I'm missing a memo somewhere. I don't see any. Am I overlooking something obvious? Slang I don't know about?" She looked at her glass for a moment before taking a good sip. It was most definitely needed.

"Sorry, I didn't answer your question," Jaya immediately continued. Bringing an index finger to her left eye she went to take out a contact. "It's blue, let me show you." As it was taken out the woman blinked a few times before looking at Katrine, showing the contrast of red and blue between her two eyes. "Most people do though, I like spicing it up." After letting her inspect it Jaya went to put it back in, having no other place to safely keep it.

KitKat

Standing By the Fountain

She was lost in thought as her deep green eyes watched the water trickling so artfully over the marble arches. It had been a month since she and [member="Ellion Corsair"] had found each other once more on Aviprine and even in such a short time Katarine was already starting to recover. Her skin was smooth once more and shimmered with the faint white glow she supposed must be natural to her species. Her deep green eyes were alive and bright once more and her figure was starting to come back as her body healed and retained weight. Even in a white dress that was backless and had a plunging neckline she looked far better than she ever had on Aviprine. Things were finally looking up for her, but ironically they were not for the galaxy. Hence the visit to this event tonight.

The whispers of this group were all the same. A group that didn't want a part in the war of giants, but rather wanted to help the little people struggling to stay afloat in this sea of madness. She knew their stances on slavery were something that Ellion would particularly agree with.

Speaking of Ellion she wondered where he had gotten to. They had agreed to meet by the fountain after each had gotten cleaned up and taken care of a few errands earlier that day.

Ellion Corsair

E
The party was in full swing. Leaning against the bar the man waited for the order he had just given. Seemed everyone was dressed in suits and dresses and he was no different in his attire. Blue eyes wandered the gathering as he mused silently about the course of life's events. Slave to gladiator. Gladiator to pirate. Pirate to smuggler. Smuggler to Jedi. Jedi to Merc. Merc to Jedi. Then everything falls apart. Shaking his head he took the flutes of champagne and moved from the bar.

"At least it's an open bar."

Smirking as he made his way to where the fountain stood he couldn't help but feel a bit naked without the weight of his blasters about his waist. But if he had need of them here in the heart of the Confederacy then things would truly have gone to hell. And blasters would be the least of his problems.

The crowd parted and his eyes fell on Katarine. My Katarine. Since the confrontation and show down with Daxium things had changed. Or maybe they had reverted back to their natural state. She was healthy and glowing and he was back to having a genuine smile on his face. Even in the turmoil the Galaxy seemed to always present, all it took was a look into her eyes to cause his heart to flutter. Not that he'd ever admit that to any one else.

Walking toward her with his customary swagger he gave her a lopsided grin, one practiced to perfection, filled with a cocksure arrogance that bellied the caring soul within. Extending one of the glasses he allowed his eyes to drink in her form before tossing her a wink.

"Hey beautiful, come here often?"

[member="Katarine Ryiah"]

It was the look Jaya gave that made Katrine halt for a second, blinking back at her, trying to figure out what she'd said to cause it. She didn't exactly know what but she was usually the one confusing people so it made sense it would be her. It wasn't until Jaya actually wondered about fur, talking about some memo that she didn't get that Katrine actually narrowed her eyes looking at her. Did I mention my fur? Was there a memo? The Lupine wondered almost immediately as Jaya clearly trying to understand what she was talking about.

"Was there a memo? Her gaze lowered as she tried to comprehend the meaning behind it herself, confused now more herself and not following up with Jaya's confusion. "I don't think I've mentioned it before. Uncle Isley knows but I haven't seen him yet. Does he even know I'm here? Is he even here anymore?" She kept muttering to herself, processing. Katrine knew of other people that had been in the old Confederacy but she didn't know any of them. Uncle Isley knew but that was the Uncle Isley she knew. Why would there be a memo? Kat wondered to herself again.

Then it hit her like a momentary headache as her eyes went wide. "You didn't mean it literally, did you?!" Katrine asked Jaya loudly as she looked at her. Sometimes, methaphores went over her head, she understood them for facts in a world where Nona muttered and fire started and Father and Mother wished it and she was suspended in the air to calm down. Anything could be real so Katrine didn't always think about sayings.

She remembered though quickly that obviously, she had mentioned her fur without realizing and obviously, if Jaya was confused about it and it wasn't literal, she'd meant for clarification. "Oh!" Kat quiped suddenly. "I'm a Lupine. Fur, four legs, cute as a button, change to humanoid form and all that." Half smirk on, elbows bent with arms upward and palms facing upward as her head turned slightly to the side, as if she was about to do a 'ta da' sound but never did, she waited for Jaya to catch up. Katrine did think it was cool what she was. She loved what she was. And there were few and far apart these days so it was kind of a big deal being a Lupine in her eyes.

Her attention focused on Jaya's eyes as the other one focused on removing the contact, revealing the blue under the red. Katrine grinned almost right away. "I love the blue," she quickly said. Of course, with her sapphire blue's, she had a thing for blue. Not as much as she did for purple but she sure loved having eyes blue as Father's, creating her eternal affection for color but for no sade as much as for the sapphire blue. "I can dig the affection for the more unique though," she added, letting her ungloved fingers run through her curled hair, just as Jaya was popping the contact back into place.

[member="Jaya Tandris"]

KitKat

It was four years ago at an event similar to this. The hob knobers and well to do of the galaxy had gathered. It was a great opportunity to secure funding for the Rebellion, who were in desperate need of supplies at the time. Katarine had been asked to represent the Jedi and was nervous. She didn't like politicians, she didn't like fake wealthy snobs, and she didn't really do well in political negotiations because of her tendency to put her foot in her mouth.

She was waiting outside for her escort but her face fell slightly when she saw his second in command, Brom, striding towards her in a tux. He looked guilty and sheepish when he approached. "Ah.. Mrs. Terran... He's... Well he was needed... really busy... I'm here instead.. he said.. buy yourself... something.. I... well I tried to tell him.. ... I'm really sorry."

Katarine should have been used to it by now, but she blinked back the tears and nodded.

----- Present ------

Katarine blinked, coming out of her flashback as Ellion strolled towards her. She couldn't help but smile at his ease and cockiness. He didn't like to let things get to him. It was part of his appeal. She took the champagne and felt her cheeks flush at the blatant checking of her form. "It's actually my first time. If I had known my escort would look this good dressed up I would have attended earlier." She smiled at him and sipped her champagne. She wasn't really looking forward to meeting people pushing a political agenda, but these people might actually have something worth hearing. It was also a relief to not have to face this by herself for once. Life certainly had changed, and for the better.

"So... ready to see if we have found our calling Mr. Corsair?"

[member="Ellion Corsair"]

Ellion Corsair

E
"Always Miss Ryiah."

Sliding next to her he chuckled. On the surface they appeared the elegant, composed couple out for an evening at a extravagant gala. They certainly looked as if they belonged among the high class gathering. But Ellion knew better. Katarine was a princess, yes, but she seemed the most happy in an old bomber jacket helping those who weren't able to help themselves. He was the most happy with his gunbelt on, the past behind him, and a mission in the forward view of his ship. And yet they could both fit in a black tie affair. Katarine born to it and Ellion able to make a convincing facade.

His right hand rested lightly at the small of her back, his fingers gliding over flawless flesh, as his eyes scanned the massive amount of people who turned out for the gathering. The Confederacy had come back to prominence recently as they slowly began spreading their realm of influence through freeing planets and liberating them from oppressors. It's what had attracted their attention. A chance to really help people. Turning he kissed Katarine's ear as he spoke.

"A Galaxy at war and we are at a party. Feels wrong, on the one hand. Yet seems all we've been doing is fighting an uphill battle. Every victory and another setback. You really think these people will be any different princess?"

He continued looking across the party. This was a nice reprieve, but he knew that there was always a need for help. And for the two of them, they always answered the call to stand in the gap of those who needed it.

KitKat

She was watching the crowed too when he asked her thoughts. "They don't feel deceptive." She knew he could feel it too. For the most part the air was full of a desire to help. It seemed genuine at least for now.

"I agree this feels weird but I guess they have to recruit somehow. I wonder who we should be speaking with?"

As she talked she started to lead him towards the large doors that opened to an extravagant party. Her deep green eyes scanned the crowded event, attempting to figure out some sense of authority in the room.

"Did our intel manage to dig up any information on whose running this gig?" By "intel" she meant him and maybe his brother. Katarine had been mostly focused on an intense training routine in her free time. It was an attempt to repair the damage done to her body from grieving and an odd substance abuse problem.

[member="Ellion Corsair"]

Ellion Corsair

E
Walking at her side he nodded. He knew she was trying to get healthy, regain her strength, since her ordeal in Alprine with Daxium. In truth, while it didn't affect his physical well being, the events had shaken him to his core and revealed just how tenacious his feelings for the Jedi master were ... And how fragile a life could be. Having put Daxium on ice afforded them some reprieve, but the Galaxy and the Force was never willing to allow them more then a modicum of peace.

"From what we were able to gather, the Confederacy are run by a group of viceroys headed by a man named Isley Verd known as Metus. They have a force tradition that seems neutral but reports have them focusing on a more ... witchy outlook of late. This is actually the life day party if the High Justice, leader of the forcies, Tmoxin Temi."

As they entered he scanned the crowd and saw the red haired woman that was the High Justice. Motioning toward the bar with his head he shrugged then sighed.

"I guess now is as good as a time as any to go say hello. But before we get to work, at least we have tonight to relax and enjoy a bit of r&r."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom