Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Talk, Shall We? [HG/PM to join/Invite]

Vina Zomo

Best Karking Healer. Ever.
[member="Armand Temi"] | [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Coryth Elaris"] | [member="Rianna be Ar'klim"] | [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] | [member="Darth Adekos"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Lauren Walsh"]

Vina smiled warmly at Darth Adekos's response, but before she could say anything Jaster walked up, giving the usual greeting to the Sith. "Don't I always?" she replied to his receding back, grinning. The healer turned back towards the representative. "That was Jaster, our Quartermaster. He takes care of security and keeps an eye on our supplies."

Pulling out a datapad, the Devaronian briefly perused it. "We are simply waiting for the arrival of two more representatives and the Deputy Healer-- Ah! Here she is." The woman tucked away her device as Lauren walked up and introduced herself. "Oh, no, not at all. Lauren, this is Darth Adekos. He is representing the One Sith." Vina placed a hand on the redhead's shoulder. "Lauren, I know you just got here, but mind taking over the conversation for me? Now that the den mother is gone, I'm going to give a more personal introduction to the other reps." Nodding at the Sith, she said, "If you'll excuse me."

Briefly touching the ring once more, the woman walked over to the Twi'lek, throwing a brief smile at Armand to let him know he hadn't been forgotten. Once arriving, the healer gave a respectful bow and said in way of greeting, "I take it you are Ms. Kritivaas, here on behalf of the Red Ravens? I'm Head Healer Zomo, though..." She gave a wry smile. "Our Quartermaster already announced that. I hope your travels went well?"

Rianna be Ark'lim formerly known as Rianna Organa walked onto the station. There were few Jedi healers among the mandalorians but there were medicals teams, medical personnel and she and [member="Ordo"] had MandalMedical to supply outposts and occasionally sell something.

It had been sometime since she had attended anything of this magnitude, though [member="Azrael"] had blessed her going and representing the mandalorians she looked around for a familiar face. There did not seem to be any from her time among the Jedi of the Republic or of the Silver Jedi. But she was here to listen if the opportunity came to renew old acquaintances she would.

Dressed simply in a shift of dark blue she carried her medical bag, and within the folds of her clothing her light saber. She had been part of too many treaties discussions that broke down into all out war to come in without it. Woulid [member="Kalia Darkhold"] her niece be here, she had not seen her in a long time, nor any of the other children of her sister Arianna.

Rianna walked inside she smiled and nodded to those present.

Juggerduck

Just another avatar for Cyttorak
[member="Vina Zomo"] | Armand Temi | Chiasa Kritivaas | Avalore Eden | Coryth Elaris | Rianna be Ar'klim | Geneviève Lasedri | Darth Adekos | Jaster of clan Awaud | Lauren Walsh

Yb was late, but it was for a good reason, or at least that's what she told herself as she tugged on the cuffs of her newly-pressed jacket. The old one had gone directly into the reclamation chute as it now had a mustard stain that would just not be coming out. Luckily, the Chiss healer had brought a substantial wardrobe along, and it had been a matter of minutes (seven, to be precise) for her to return to her quarters and change.

"Sorry I'm late," she said, nodding as she took a seat. "Had to stitch up an Ishi Tib who insulted a Wookiee's mother. Did you know they've almost perfected the prosthetic beak?" She looked around the table; it looked like a good turnout to her. "How's everyone else?"

"You are correct, but Chiasa will do. And uneventful, which is what one generally hopes for in space travel."

The Twi'leks eyes danced a little at this, since in certain sectors of space what you had to worry about making your travel eventful was, well, her.

"This is a very.. Ambitious and forward thinking project on your part."

She commented. And it was. The fact that the Healers Guild had even had the nerve to gather all the assembled in one room rather than try and hammer out individual deals was interesting to say the least. Her initial assessment was that it was either very brave or very foolish, possibly both. On reexamination though, it occurred to her that she was looking at things through the eye of a Criminal, not a Healer. Why should they expect any trouble?

They clearly did though, or at least the Quartermaster [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] did. A pressure in the back of her mind like a thundercloud brewing told her there were armed forces somewhere nearby. She didn't feel any immediate danger, but it was enough to make her slightly edgy. Again, she thought like the criminal she was, and if she'd bothered to gather a force of armed men, it would be because she intended to use them.

Perhaps it would be good to go stand closer to [member="Darth Adekos"] when she was done speaking with [member="Vina Zomo"]. Say what you liked about Sith, they tended to be very handy when things got violent.

Vina Zomo

[member="Ybinantru Isis"] | [member="Armand Temi"] | [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Coryth Elaris"] | [member="Rianna be Ar'klim"] | [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] | [member="Darth Adekos"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Lauren Walsh"]

The corners of Vina's mouth jumped upwards at Chiasa's comment on space travel. "You've certainly gotten that right," the woman replied wryly. While the healer had never suffered any tragedies while in transit between planets, she'd come close enough on more than one occasion to share a spacer's enthusiam for boring flights.

When Ybinantru and another woman arrived, she gave each a quick nod of acknowledgement before formulating a reply to the Twi'lek's observation. "Thank you. I know most groups would much rather meet with major entities such as your Ravens on a one-to-one basis, but..." Vina gestured around the room. "The Healer's Guild is not, nor will it ever be, like any other faction. I don't want it to be assumed that we would choose the Republic and the Jedi over, say, the One Sith and underground syndicates, or vice versa. This way, with representatives from a variety of organizations, I'm hoping we can all come to an agreement on terms and conditions." Vina gave the other woman a grin. "One day, I hope that no corner of the galaxy will be barred to my healers."

After a moment of considering that statement, the Devaronian couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry -- I guess that came out sounding more like a power-hungry emperor than what I was attempting to get at." Sombering up, she added, "In all seriousness, though, I'm hoping this meeting will also allow the other groups to give their own imput on what happens and what doesn't. The Healer's Guild has had a past of refusing help to anyone not condoned by the Republic; I want that to change. I want everyone to understand that we will give them medical assistance, no matter what."

[member="Lauren Walsh"]

"A pleasure to meet you, Deputy Healer." If another one of these people bowed to him, Adekos would eject himself into space. Then again, Lasedri over there would probably like that. "I am Darth Adekos."

Instead of bowing, again, like the lunatic he pretended he wasn't, Darth Adekos extended his hand for a shake. If someone was going to have to teach these people how to be courteous without simultaneously pandering to the point where it annoyed him, Adekos may as well be the one to do it. He was an ambassador, for the love of the Force. Not some aristocrat or otherwise important figure in the One Sith. He was here to sign documents and potentially negotiate terms. Nothing more.

"How long have you been working here?" He asked, attempting to make polite conversation while waiting for the real event to commence.

[member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Darth Adekos"]

" For a bit now, I use to hold a position at Libertalia, but recently I have been working here. It is rather exciting work.We get to make a real difference. " She shook his hand with a smile an and looked him over. " I have to say I wasn't sure the One Sith would send anyone.I am glad you are here as we just wish to help provide aid to those that need it. No matter their alignment or history. If you would excuse me but I need to go ask someone something real quick, I am terribly sorry and will be right back should you need anything. " She needed to ask something of the jedi. She wanted to better learn how to heal like a jedi so she could better use her skills.

She made her way to he room where none other than Master Eden was. She rang the alert on the door to request permission to enter. " Deputy Healer Lauren Walsh" She said to the computer as it would pass the message to the woman inside the room. A ping would go off and upon answering it the computer would state. " Deputy Healer Lauren Walsh is at the door." Lauren waited and hoped she would let her in. After all it was her right to refuse her.

Formalities, formalities... When was this meeting to begin?

Lasedri bowed to no one. Rather, she offered a thin smile to the Head Healer before her attention was drawn to the obvious Sith in the room who no one likes to talk about though everyone pretty much disdains him--Lasedri more than most. She had had her share of run-ins with their disgusting type in the past--not that their reputation did not already precede them. Anyone who was even marginally tuned into the current events of the galaxy would be quite aware of the atrocities that had been experienced in the Core Worlds over the last seven years. And if any one of the members of this congregation were not aware, then they were failures as leaders, as far as Gen was concerned. Her eyes narrowed to slits and maintained contact with this '[member="Darth Adekos"]', ever wary of his movements.

It was in this manner that she listened to the conversations thus far, never for a moment trusting to look away from the dark lord. "That's a nice goal," she interrupted the Head Healer, only half-genuine. "Where do you draw the line with who should be saved and who should not? I'm sure you've heard of some very obscure but nonetheless despicable parties who would simply return to killing as soon as your task was completed."

And, just in case the dripping hostility was not murky enough: "Such people are very rare, mind you. I highly doubt any would be in attendance today." Her eyes remained angled towards the Sith representative.

Yes, she would love to see that ejection into space.

[member="Vina Zomo"], [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"] opened her mouth and the Twi'lek was both delighted and appalled. Delighted because the woman was clearly a failure as far as diplomatic events went, and appalled because as a consummate diplomat, she rather expected better of others in the same field. If this was the measure of the Republic no wonder they'd been fighting so hard just to hold on.

"Soldiers you mean?"

The Twi'lek asked, one brow raising slightly as she deliberately misinterpreted the woman's comment.

"Not so rare I don't think, I understand the Republic has quite a few of them. In fact they can be found on almost every settled planet. An unfortunate aspect of sentient culture, given the high percentage and the fact that most likely see it as only a means to a pay check to put food on their families tables it would be rather inhumane to deny them medical aid."

She flashed the woman a slow smile.

"I'm sure when the Republic soldiers are done with their killing and we're all under your glorious utopian reign you'll do away with the profession. Until then."

The almost trademark hand gesture of tossing something away not worth considering. Her attention returned to [member="Vina Zomo"].

"This is a worthy goal. Seeing individual before affiliation and such. Taking the role of healers and caretakers seriously. Ignoring those who for one reason or another are not seen favourably by the Republic, there are many planets that fall under no jurisdiction, and even those that do have a civilian population who's only crime against the Republic was being born on the wrong planet. I see nothing unreasonable about your wishes."

"Admirable."

She concluded with an approving nod.

Juggerduck

Geneviève Lasedri said:
It was in this manner that she listened to the conversations thus far, never for a moment trusting to look away from the dark lord. "That's a nice goal," she interrupted the Head Healer, only half-genuine. "Where do you draw the line with who should be saved and who should not? I'm sure you've heard of some very obscure but nonetheless despicable parties who would simply return to killing as soon as your task was completed."

And, just in case the dripping hostility was not murky enough: "Such people are very rare, mind you. I highly doubt any would be in attendance today." Her eyes remained angled towards the Sith representative.

Yes, she would love to see that ejection into space.

[member="Vina Zomo"], [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

"There's no line to be drawn," said Ybinantru to [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]. "The Healer's Guild isn't about pandering to politicos or advancing someone else's agenda. If someone requests our help our intention is to respond, not police. We aim to preserve life. What people do with their lives is their responsibility."

Vina Zomo

[member="Ybinantru Isis"] | [member="Armand Temi"] | [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Coryth Elaris"] | [member="Rianna be Ar'klim"] | [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] | [member="Darth Adekos"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Lauren Walsh"]

It was not difficult to sense the hostility coming from the Republic representative, Ms. Lasedri. Quirking an eyebrow up at the forwardness of the other woman, Vina was about to respond when Ms. Kritivaas-- er, sorry, Chiasa -- offered her own retort to the question.

She couldn't help but wince internally at the venom exchanged. The Devaronian had done her research, she knew the Red Ravens were more kindly towards the Sith, the Republic more kindly towards the Mandalorians, and that both sides somewhat hated each other. The Rebel Alliance, too, she had to assume would be more acclimated towards the Republic. But she had hoped that, at least for the duration of the summit, the representatives would be able to put aside their personal differences in the name of diplomacy. Apparently, that was not the case and Vina found herself slightly disappointed at the Republic Representative's thinly-veiled attack. Perhaps I need to slip them all a glass of jeru tea, she thought dryly.

Finally, the Twi'lek returned her attention to the Head Healer, offering up what sounded like a heartfelt compliment. In acknowledgement, Vina gave an appreciatory grin and was about to thank her when one of her Head Medics jumped in, too. She listened to Yb's argument, and then decided it was close enough to what the healer herself had been meaning that it needed little reinforcement.

"Exactly," the Devaronian said. "The duty of a healer is to attend to those in pain, Ms. Lasedri. The duty of a soldier, of a lawman, is to bring justice. Which is why--" Now, a head nod to again acknowledge the Twi'lek's offered compliment-- "We refuse to hold any explicit ties to any one group." She looked again for the new arrival. "And, speaking of favouritism, if you ladies would excuse me I'd like to finish making my introductory rounds. We only have one more representative we're waiting for, I think." With that, she gave a smile and a little bow before moving on. Her actions, she hoped, would also be a signal for the end of comments deliberately geared towards riling people up.

Walking over towards the woman in the dark blue shift, Vina struggled to recall who she was representing. One Sith, Republic, Jedi Healers -- would she be considered the rep of the Jedi in general? -- Rebel Alliance, Red Ravens... All we need are the Omega Protectorate and the Mandalorians. She gave a mental snap of her fingers. The Mandalorians! That's it! Drawing up to the representative's side, the Devaronian gave a welcoming smile and said, "Hello! You must be the Mandalorian representative." Giving a little bow, she added, "I'm so glad you were able to come. I am Head Healer Zomo."

"Soldiers get killed," Geneviève corrected the twi'lek. "But I'm sure you're quite unfamiliar with certain maniacal persons who slaughter innocents and instigate these wars in the first place." Need she remind this Raven of the Sith allies who massacred their own citizens at Makeb? No, she was a smart girl. She could figure it out herself.

Ah, but now this Chiss woman wanted to interject. The Republic's Prime Minister inwardly sighed. "You're right. I can't argue that it isn't morally sound to repair one man's leg so that they may go commit genocide or enslave peoplehttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/17008-operation-hammer-sith-enslavement-of-togorian-species/ right after." Briefly releasing a smirk, Lasedri allowed the rest of her company to conveniently remove themselves from the inconvenient chat.

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], [member="Ybinantru Isis"], [member="Vina Zomo"]

"If all your soldiers do are get killed, you might want to look into your training programs, you're clearly doing something wrong and wasting a rather large amount of your taxpayers money. But you are quite correct, I am very familiar with persons who slaughter others in unjustified attacks and start wars, and one of them is certainly in this room."

The Twi'lek gave [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] a long slow smile that just happened to reveal pointed teeth. As much as she liked holding onto secrets, there were some slights and some levels on insolence that she just couldn't let slide.

"But, I also trust in justice, and I am comfortably secure in the knowledge that they will pay for their actions. Now, I do believe I'd prefer some rather more civilised conversation. You should be careful Prime Minister.. Some of your allies might take offence to your words. I would so hate to see you go the way of the Cathar..."

Before I got the chance to get to you..

It amused the Twi'lek that the Galactic Republic was headed by a terrorist and a murderer. And that she should be sitting up on her high horse decrying violence while her only true friends in the Galaxy were a race of warriors who'd committed genocides of their own and a faction founded by mercenaries. Her rhetoric would hopefully alienate them and weaken the already weak Republic further.

Amateurs all.

All the same, head high and face composed, the Twi'lek moved over to [member="Darth Adekos"]' side, slipping an arm through his. It was overly familiar certainly considering she'd never seen the man before in her life, but it was also a very clear statement on where the Red Ravens stood as far as those in the room were concerned.

Juggerduck

[member="Vina Zomo"] | Armand Temi | Chiasa Kritivaas | Avalore Eden | Coryth Elaris | Rianna be Ar'klim | Geneviève Lasedri | Darth Adekos | Jaster of clan Awaud | Lauren Walsh

"I have an idea," said Yb, raising her hand. "How about you all table your passive-aggressiveness and we get down to what the real purpose of this meeting is? The Healer's Guild was designed to do what it says right there in the title: heal. Not wound, not maim, not debate morality. That's for you guys once we're finished with you. And by the way, you all just got here. Don't you think maybe we could talk about the weather or shoes or have a snack first before you all start narrowing your eyes and sniping at each other? Let's relax! Who wants a drink?" She purposefully kept her tone calm, but inside she was seething. It hadn't taken more than a moment for these lunkheads to start flinging rhetoric like it was beek-monkey poo.

Armand sat quietly listening to the heated debate and watching the body language of each emissary. After the Chiss Head Medic brought the discussion back to the point of why they were all assembled, Dr. Temi said, "I couldn't agree with you more Ms. Isis. While we all have different political goals, we share the same common interest in medicine, health and healing for our respective populations." "Political" goals was a stretch he knew for some around the circular table but he didn't press the point.

He clasped his hands in front of him and gave Chiasa Kritivaas a sharp look as she leaned into Darth Adekos. The proverbial ink wasn't even dry on the flimsiplast of their seven day cease-fire and here she was flaunting, perhaps for his benefit, that the Ravens and the Sith were still aligned. His eyes narrowed and he stared, trying to make the Twi'lek somewhat uncomfortable for a moment. Then he turned his head away and refused to make eye contact, settling his gaze on Geneviève.

[member="Vina Zomo"] [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] [member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Rianna be Ar'klim"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Darth Adekos"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Lauren Walsh"] [member="Ybinantru Isis"]

And so after managing affairs of state in her regional area of Protectorate space, the new Exarch dialed into the conference via a holocall. She couldn't not unfortunately be in two places at once and felt that this meeting was most important for her to at least attend.

"I must apologize for my tardiness. Affairs of state had me tied up until just now." Coryth sighed softly and looked around the room, seeing the others present. A few she knew, many she did not. "Forgive me since I've missed a little of the conversation so far. But it is my understanding from the invitation that the Healers Guild is looking to seek more or less unhindered passage into our space, the Protectorate and many others. With the sole purpose to help those who need it, healing where they can and helping with disease ridden planets, and post war injuries. Am I correct in that?"

Maybe with a little luck they could actually get back on topic and work to some arrangement and not constantly snip at one another. But given who was here, she had little hope of it actually working out that way.

[member="Vina Zomo"] | [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Rianna be Ar'klim"] | [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] | [member="Darth Adekos"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Lauren Walsh"] | [member="Ybinantru Isis"] | [member="Armand Temi"]​

“All Jedi come to face fear eventually,”

Words spoken not so very long ago by [member="Hal Terrano"].

Avalore Eden knew fear. She knew it so well that it had become something of a shadow to her. It followed her everywhere she went, infecting those she grew close to, corrupting things she thought of with fondness. Her parents: murdered. The father of her child: murdered. Her first Master: missing for going on 7 years now, presumed KIA. Her second Master: committed suicide.

Hal.

Missing.

Avalore Eden was afraid. Afraid that something terrible had happened. Afraid he was dead, or dying, far out where no one would find him. The fear was getting to her, only this time she didn't have anyone to confide in. She was growing so tired of holding it all in, weary of the strength it took to maintain herself.

“We all get tired, Avalore,” he'd stated rather simply, all of us.”

Hal was her confidant ... who did she go to now?

A chime sounded over the intercom, causing the Healer to startle from her ... worries, realizing suddenly that her face was wet with tears. She quickly wiped them on her sleeve, sitting up in her seat with a sniffle. She wasn't at the Sanctuary, she was at a public meeting. An important public meeting.

I can't be seen like this-

...but I don't know what to do Hal...what am I supposed to do?

Deputy Healer Lauren Walsh is at the door.

"You get it together. Stop listening to those doubts, because they are wrong."

Brow knit, the Healer took a steadying breath and tried to remember the sensation of clarity brought about by her amulet now halfway across the galaxy. She stood from her seat, wiped her face once more and straightened her robes. With a gentle clearing of her throat she beckoned [member="Lauren Walsh"] inside, "Come in."

The Chief Healer of the Jedi Order greeted the Deputy Healer with a smile that did not reach her eyes, "Hello, thank you for receiving me. It's nice to meet you, Deputy Healer."

"Nice to meet you Master Eden. I will admit I am here for reasons other than the meeting. I was hoping I could convince you to train me in the ways of the force... my mother taught me a little mainly how to heal small wounds.. like a cut and I learned a bit how to fight when my family fought for the CIS but I devoted myself to medical school. I know I am an strange student, helping run and organization such as this but well I want to better treat people and understand how jedi healers do their work. I want to use that part of me."

She said looking at the woman. " I understand if you are too busy, and in that case if you could point me to someone who could help me that would be great as well." Lauren waited for a response, curious what it would be. "I might add I believe discussions might have started from the amount of bickering in the main room." She laughed and hoped the woman would be helpful for her.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

[member="Ybinantru Isis"] [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Lauren Walsh"] [member="Darth Adekos"] [member="Vina Zomo"] [member="Rianna be Ar'klim"] [member="Armand Temi"] [member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Jaster was receiving reports from guards posted near the diplomats ships to protect from interference, along with guard all over the station. He then received word that the last of the emissaries had arrived to the meeting, now it was his turn to return and start the meeting. He walked down the long hallways with Healer Security on heel, these men were not soldiers, but police that protected refugee camps and hospitals, what they lacked in exsperiance their armor made up for. Similar to the look of those of the armor of the senate guard of the old republic, these guards woar green armor with Snow White Visors. The hallways was of white like any hospital and sprouted the question of why that was so common in them.

Finally he reached the meeting room and had the guards stand outside the door. They had now weapons so they were more of just a statue standing guard, he would have use of them later in the meeting.

Jaster stood at the head of the table on the left side of the chair there, he cleared his through to gather the Diplomates attentions. In a clear and gentle voice he spoke, "Hello, it would seem that the last of the Emissaries has arrived, unless any of you have any objections, may we take our seats and begin this meeting?" As he said that he pushed a button on his wrist communiator, this notified [member="Lauren Walsh"] to the beginning of the meeting and to bring Jedi Master [member="Avalore Eden"] with her.

He also looked over at his Guild Master so she may take the lead into discussing the reason they were all there. Otherwise the Diplomates would be at each other throats before long.

The Healer's brow lifted into her hairline at the forwardness of the woman before her. Certainly not what she had expected.

"I would train you for the asking," Avalore replied, "you don't have to convince me. I have an open-door policy within the Jedi Academy - anyone wishing to learn the art of Lightside Healing is welcome to learn with me. And having a medical background doesn't make you a strange student, it makes you an ideal student-" she only wished that more of her hopeful students had such a foundation to base their studies upon.

"I'm never too busy for students, just know that my Padawans live and travel with me to learn on-the-job, so it may take you from your duties here within the Guild for a time."

[member="Lauren Walsh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom