Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Let's build our future together

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Lujo was absolutely breathtaking this time of year, and it was a welcome change from the frigid yet beautiful environment of their home on Lur. The warm sun washed over them, yet it wasn't overly hot. For Tiresh? It was just right. She didn't realize how much she had missed it until they stepped out of their shuttle and directly into the open warm air of the modest spaceport in Beshnia Alpha, Lujo's capital city.

This was the first time she had been back since her captivity, and yet it didn't feel like it had been nearly that long thanks to the new memories that her replicant had so graciously given to her. All of the replicants memories were now hers through a special procedure overseen by Isla, having filled in all the missing pieces and gaps. The Free Alliance Coalition… the assassination attempts, the memories of special moments with Isla… all of it was hers. It felt as authentic as if it had been her very own words, her very own steps… and in some strange way… it had been. She couldn't explain it, but it felt like she had never left. The effect that this had on her mental stability was truly profound, having rekindled that fire within her that she had struggled so desperately to find. Tiresh Kobitana was back, and it felt exhilarating!

And oh my! What a reception had been awaiting her!
The highest governmental officials were all present, with the Grand Patriarch of the Ashmaarian's even making a special appearance on her behalf. They had all applauded her warmly as soon as the shuttle door had lowered, honoring her for everything that she had done, not only on their behalf, but on behalf of the Galactic Alliance. Tiresh had found herself fighting back tears as she glanced apologetically at Isla for such fanfare on what was suppose to be a day all about them, not her. After about an hour, they had been able to graciously say goodbye to everyone, but not without it becoming strikingly apparent that there was much anticipation for her to run for Senate in the next election. Should she throw herself back into the fray? Tiresh couldn't lie… the idea had crossed her mind many times, but was the timing right? They were about to get married, and then the possibility of bearing their children… She didn't want to rush into something that might pull her too much away from her new and full life with Isla.

The bride-to-be closed her eyes as they walked together, lifting her chin and breathing in the spring air with delight, arm in arm with her love, down the rustic and old streets. The stone architecture was very nostalgic for Tiresh, and so opening her eyes once again, she couldn't help but be incredibly distracted by her surroundings. Everyone knew who she was, and so they would get wide-eyed glances and hushed murmurings wherever they went.

"This is the best bakery in town! I use to come her with my mother when I was a little girl… me and my cousins. She would let us pick out whatever we wanted, but only one!" She giggled softly, recalling the cherished memories. As they passed some buildings, it opened up on one side, displaying a gorgeous view of the local harbor and the vast sea beyond. Tiresh pointed out one of the fishing ships, "That one? The blue one with white accents? That is my cousin Alder's. We always ate plenty of fish growing up… so much that I got sick of it!" They were making their way downtown to the outdoor local market, where a special wedding event was happening for the next three days. Tiresh could hardly contain herself at the fact that she was actually wedding shopping!! Her?? Was it true?? She squeezed Isla's arm tighter and reached up, pecking a happy kiss on her cheek.

Yes. It was true.

Last edited:

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

Objective: Wedding shopping
Tags: Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

Wearing: this, this and a diamond snowflake necklace

So they were finally here, Isla had barely been able to contain her excitement when Tiresh told her they would travel to Lujo together, it was such a big step and while Isla would give her an eternity if it took her that long to feel strong enough, she was glad things were improving to this point. And by Ashla she looked good, she held herself like the woman Isla had first met, and she strode forwards to her adoring peoples beautifully. Isla had chosen this darker more subtle dress deliberately, she wanted to look attractive for her fiancee of course, but as much as this trip was about the two of them, Isla wanted it to be just a little bit about the return of Tiresh Kobitana to her home world. For a moment, seeing the representatives of he government come to greet her she got a flash of the Senator, her mannerisms, her trained behaviours, still there, bubbling beneath the surface... Interesting.

The memory transfer had been a success and Tiresh now felt she had lost less time, as much as having the two copies of the women in the same room had so much chance of becoming tense. The HRD loved Isla genuinely and Isla had loved her, having no reason to doubt it wasn't the real Tiresh she was courting. She hoped that the droid had also gained a little closure from the procedure too, helping the two human women take the next steps in their life.

"My love, look how happy everyone is to see you", she smiled as the crowds waved and the Lujo sun warmed them nicely. "I am so lucky you are mine, although with all the surprises, if some man comes running out of the crowd and declares he and the kids never stopped loving you since you left, I wouldn't be at all suprised." she laughed and grinned as she joked.

Her eyes followed the sights of the city as Tiresh gave her the whistle stop tour, she had only ever been here on diplomatic work, and remained in the appropriate quarters. How amazing it was, they had been together for nearly three years now, including the long absence, and this was the first time just walking the streets of her home. It brought a touch of sadness how much of their early relationship had been messed up by factors beyond their control, but she got to enjoy these new feelings now, and that tempered her sadness into the same giddy elation that she felt when they first found each other. She felt a pull on her arms and Tiresh's soft lips touched her cheek, every single kiss she gave her was special.

"Have you eaten enough reindeer and boar to give you a taste for fish again yet? I would love to try some really fresh fish prepared right here on the quayside." she began to salivate at the thought as they walked along toward where the wedding fair was being held.

5m5qOKV.png

Tiresh smiled widely, nodding at Isla's remark about her warm reception. She knew there would surely be a welcome of some kind, but she had not anticipated the extent. It was so encouraging to see how positively she had affected her home planet, bringing a sense of gratefulness and peace to her heart that, although it had been costly, there was much fruit produced from her efforts.

Tiresh then giggled a bit at Isla's comment about finding a long-lost family that she had somehow failed to mention, shaking her head and tugging at Isla's arm playfully at suggesting such a thing, "Stop it!" She whispered into Isla's ear with an edge of tease.

As they walked towards the fair, their conversation continued. At the question regarding whether her appetite for fish had been rekindled, she nodded quickly, "Oh yes! I haven't enjoyed nearly the seafood diet that I did when I was a girl. I would love some as well…" Her voice trailed off as a finger tapped her lips, her neck stretching upward as she looked a bit further down the street for a specific stall. They were getting closer to the local market, and she hoped that it was still in business. Finally her eyes spotted the familiar design of a red circle with a white fish inside it, printed on a tapestry at a small food vendor stall.

"Come!" She said with a bit of excitement in her voice as she led Isla past a handful of other vendors who attempted to wave them to their stalls. Tiresh gave them polite smiles and nods of her head, continuing on until they finally stood in front of the one she regarded fondly. A younger man behind the booth instantly widened his eyes at seeing the former Senator approach, standing up straighter and wiping his hands clean on his white apron.

"Senator... er…. Miss Kobitana! Haven't seen you for a bit!" He smiled, but seemed a bit awe struck at their presence. His eyes turned to Isla, "Forgive me, but are you Isla? I read about you and Tiresh in the news! Pleasure, mam!" He awkwardly jutted out his hand in an attempt to greet Isla with an informal handshake.

Tiresh smiled widely, "Forli, it's good to see you again! I was just telling Isla that we must come and enjoy some of your seafood. Is your father around?" The young man was about to respond when both Isla and Tiresh received a rather forceful pat on their shoulders. Turning around, they saw an older man with a thick black beard and a straw hat. He had a big smile on his face, "Heyyyyyy!" He exclaimed fondly, "Well if it isn't the jewel of Lujo and her beautiful companion!" He gently pushed both of them towards the booth, where there were a couple of stools and a counter made of raw wood. "Sit! Sit! I have fresh ridgeback just in! And some clams if you like!" He then paused for a moment, seeming to find something amusing before laughing loudly, so loud in fact that Tiresh actually flinched a bit and then giggled, giving Isla a playful wink as she was beginning to be exposed to the Lujian working class culture. After the man finished his laugh, he wiped a tear from his eye, "What am I saying?! OF COURSE you'd like some clams! I've got the best clams this side of the Artis Canal! Forli!" He waved a wild hand at his son, "Get these fine ladies some clams! Make sure the butter spice sauce is perfect!" As Forli quickly went back and pulled out a large bucket of fresh clams in water, The older man made his way behind the booth and placed both of his worn hands on the counter.

Tiresh turned to Isla with a wide smile, "Isla, this is Gunther."

The man nodded emphatically, "Yes I am." He smirked, "Now, grilled ridgeback with lime and a spice blend? Or baked Ridgeback with my special butter sauce?"

gfBbKLF.png

At "Gunther's Gills" Food Stall with Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

Last edited:

Isla followed along eagerly with the excited Tiresh as she wound her way along the streets to a place she seemed intimately familiar either. She was one of her people as much as the next so it was lovely to see her behaving this way, it was too easy to become distant from those you served.

"Hi Gunter, its a pleasure to meet you, Tiresh tells me a lot of good things about Lujo seafood... although, I do have an Atrisian mother so I will be making sure to mark you accordingly." she laughed herself, trying to be as playful and personable as the woman she loved, it was something she found important on Lur and it had served her well in making it seem like a real home with people she could call friends.

"I would like the grilled ridgeback with spice butter sauce and a side of clams please." she mouthed "you get the other one" to Tiresh so she could try both offerings. She sipped at the table water as he prepared the foods for them and reached over to hold Tiresh's hand. "This is nice here, I'm glad we have come today, you look like you are glowing. I think the people here love you as much as I do." she ran her fingernails across the back of Tiresh skin. "How quick do you think it will be before we get offered to cater and entertain for free on the big day and we havent even made it to the fair yet." she leaned back looking mischievous. She only teased, she knew exactly how Tiresh would respond, she would insist on paying regardless of offers of freebies and discounts, she was wealthy and made sure to pay her way. A very lovely woman.

"So, there is this thing I wanted to mention to you, and I am really wracking my brain to remember if I even told you about her because its this big secret and, yeah, you should probably know."

She paused and had a little drink from her cup as Gunther dropped their food in front of them.

"I have an older sister, or had, I haven't spoken to her for twenty years. She is named Isabella like my mother, but she goes by a pseudonym, Cass Gemini. Well, since Heinrich told me he heard she had a son, I want to meet my nephew, and I was considering inviting her to our wedding.

Buuuut... she is technically wanted for piracy in the Alliance, and basically noone in the galaxy knows we are related so there is that."
she grinned as she buried the lead and also placed food in her mouth. The name Cass and some crime family from coruscant had been mentioned by the SIA as being involved in the rescue of Tiresh, but it was never confirmed and Tillie had been unconscious the whole time. "Thoughts?"

5m5qOKV.png

Gunter laughed at Isla's remark regarding her Atrisian mother, "It's always dangerous trying to compete with someone's own mother! I'll do my best." He offered a playful wink.

Tiresh nodded approvingly of Isla's strategy for the two of them to sample both dishes, turning and making her own request as well. "I'll take the baked Ridgeback, Thanks Gunter!" Gunther nodded and turned to prepare their meals, Forli already having their clams up to a boil over an open flame.

Tiresh turned back towards Isla as she took hold of her hand, offering an affectionate smile. "It is. Lujo is truly special." She brushed a strand of hair back behind her ear, her smile remaining, "Oh, I'm sure we will get many offers. The people here are very generous… not to mention it would be great publicity for their business to cater a former Senator's wedding." Isla knew her well and knew that she would never accept such an offer if it was presented. She would pay top dollar for every service they required, as a way of supporting small business.

The affectionate touch on her back sent delightful shivers up her neck, reminding her of their first wrestles with sudden affections back on Alderaan. "You know... that's what started this whole adventure for us." She said softly as she squeezed Isla's hand, remembering the first touch on her back as they sipping the cider under Isla's fur that brisk evening.

At the mention of some big secret, Tiresh looked with wide eyes at Isla, a bit surprised that there was still something that had not been shared between the two of them. Isla? A secret? For once it would not be herself coming to confession!

As the food was placed before them, Gunther observed the two in conversation, and so he simply nodded and turned back to his own business. The baked platter was nestled in tin foil, the natural juices of the fish blending together with a special butter sauce, herbs visible upon the skinless fillet. The taste would be very savory and smooth, the fish cooked to perfection. The other fillet was grilled skin-side down, producing a thin crispy texture on the bottom, grill marks present on both sides with a significant coating of herbs and spices visible on top. A wedge of lime was provided to be squeezed over the meal for a hit of fresh citrus. The flavor profile would be smokey with elements of heat and sour lime. Both meals were prepared in such a way as could be taken and eaten on the go in disposable trays and provided utensils. The clams were freshly boiled in salted water, drained and offered in a tray, still in the shells, but the shells were now cracked open from being cooked properly. A plastic cup of butter sauce was nestled in the middle of the clams. The process for eating them was to open the shell wide, dribble some butter sauce on the soft clam inside, and then place the bottom shell in your mouth as you clamped your teeth down gently, pulling it out and leaving the clam with the sauce in your mouth. If Isla needed instruction, Tiresh would willingly demonstrate for her.

But Tiresh was focused intently on listening to Isla as she shared about her estranged sister. She couldn't imagine how difficult it must be to be separated from your own sister for so long. "20 years?" She repeated with a sense of weight in her voice, "Cass Gemini…" She turned more towards Isla, a look that displayed both concern and revelation, "…Your sister helped me escape?" She had known of the reports, and she had wondered why such a type had gone out of her way to help her… someone she had never met. But now it made sense.

She washed past the bit regarding Cass being wanted for piracy, and simply nodded emphatically, "Of coarse. I want to meet her as well… To say thank you. And…" a smile breached her serious face once again, "I want to meet your nephew as well." She turned and took one of the forks, pulling off a piece of baked fillet, dipping it in the juices and placing it elegantly in her mouth. After swallowing, she continued, "I'm sure there will be semantics to work out, but it shouldn't be a problem." She assured.

Isla would absolutely take the offer of a demonstration from Tiresh and smirked at her trying with futility to eat the buttery mess with a ladylike grace. It did look nice and Isla reached over with her finger to clear up a rivulet of butter sauce and deposit it in her own mouth with a short mmm, sound. Then it was her turn while Tiresh answered her question about Isabella, trying very hard not to make a mess of herself either.

"…Your sister helped me escape?"

"Apparently so, according to your SIA colleagues anyway. They asked me if I knew the name but I had to lie, noone is supposed to know. Unfortunately she didn't stick around long enough to thank her and ask why she did that for us." Isla sighed longingly.

"I never understood her, why she was the way she was, but I loved her, I never wanted her to leave, she was my sister." Maybe that was it, her sister remembering a love for Isla who had stolen her parent's love through nothing but an act of being there. She smiled as she continued to eat, this would just be a short stop before the main event. "He will be our nephew remember when you become Mrs. Tiresh Drae.... oh..." she laughed "I suppose that is another conversation we need to have isn't it? But first, let's put seafood on the shortlist? Perhaps as a first course, this is so light." she intended to have one course represent her and the other Tiresh, what better than a food from such a cherished childhood memory. She made sure to reach over and sample some of Tiresh plate, she couldnt decide which she preferred.

Isla had a bit of a goofy smile on her face as she stared out to sea. A little drunk on how lovely this place was and just enjoying the energy from her partner. The wedding planning took her away from all of her problems, even the gulls squawking was like music, even if she was considering violence on the one that hungrily eyed up the last silken clam on her plate. Isla would not be defeated by a bird, not in front of the woman she loved.
5m5qOKV.png

The woman nodded, apparently lost in her own thoughts as she listened to Isla share more about her estranged sister. She took another bite of the fillet, letting the savory morsel saturate the roof of her tongue. A soft snort escaped her lips as she smiled at the slip from Isla regarding her supposed name change, a topic that had admittedly been a source of meditation lately for Tiresh. “mmmm. Yes. We have much to discuss.” She smiled, placing the last clam against her bottom jaw and clasping it between her teeth, pulling the shell free as the soft clam saturated in butter sauce remained, save for a rogue drip that slipped again down her chin. She wiped it quickly with a napkin. Such flavors reminded her of her childhood, bringing back fond memories that she cherished.

The woman giggled softly at seeing the interested seagull drawing closer to her love. She quickly stood up and shooed him away with her hand, causing him to quack in announce as he departed. “Lets go!” She said lightheartedly as she flipped open her handbag and procured some credits, which she set down on the counter top of the stall with a grateful nod towards her friends. “Thank you! Delightful, as always.”

She would take her love’s hand in her own and lead them deeper into the midst of the fair, stalls now surrounding them on all sides. Then she would pause, her eyes looking around for something to catch her eye. Her elegant finger tapped playfully against her lips, she was apparently enjoying this little wedding adventure. There were many fair goers, and so the two felt people brushing past them on both sides. “Anywhere you’d like to start first, love?” She inquired, a bit overwhelmed at all of the possibilities.

Isla felt so at comfort here amongst the wonderful people. She had a strange feeling coming over her, as if she could just blurt out that she could see herself moving from her home on lur right her right now, another thing to discuss. The name thing had been playing on her mind a little, her father had, on several occasions, reminded her that she was the last in her line of Draellixes, so she had a duty to pass on the name, the adorable old traditionalist.

“Anywhere you’d like to start first, love?”

Her train of thought was broken by the query from Tiresh and her eyes scanned around the fair. There were all sorts of stalls, dress stylists, hair dressers, photographers, any number of vendors that would be trying to get business today. She spotted something that caught her eye, a man and woman, roughly their age, stood at a stall covered in large multi-tiered cakes. She leaned in to Tiresh and placed her chin on her shoulder. "You have space to try some cake samples?" Isla was in a soppy mood, but considering everyone attending here was a could in the throws of arranging a wedding, public affection was totally acceptable. To this end she planted a soft kiss on her lover's cheek before pulling away.

"Right, game faces on, these wedding vendors can be ruthless, they'll have us putting down a deposit before you can say "does that come with chocolate icing?" " she laughed as she walked ahead slightly, making sure to nip in before another pair who looked to be making a beeline for the samples. There was all sorts of small cubes of cake, from the mundane chocolate and vanilla sponges, through the lemon and poppyseed, all they way to several exotic fruit drizzle sponges. She picked up a piece of vanilla sponge with a chilli chocolate filling. "Shut your eyes, tell me what you think." it wasn't for everyone, the chocolate had a little kick to it but Isla enjoyed it, there were plenty of options. If allowed, she would place the cube into Tiresh's mouth. Isla had had images of a wonderful three tiered cake with white coating, maybe chocolate curls, it made her wonder if her mother still had her ledger from when she was a teen and like many young woman she spend time designing her dream wedding. If anything it would be fascinating just to see how much her tastes had changed. One thing she did know though was the dress she wanted, and the designer himself was at the event, she might have to distract her fiancee to have a private conversation with the man who would hopefully dress her.
5m5qOKV.png

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

Tiresh's hand almost instinctively raised to gently rest on Isla's cheek as she felt the woman's chin against her shoulder. Nothing could possibly ruin this absolutely perfect day. "Mmhmm." She hummed in affirmation with a smile at the prospect of taste testing cakes. She laughed as Isla guided them towards the stand and made a comment about ruthless vendors, "Well if my politics fail me, I have a rather intimidating Admiral at my disposal." She jested.

Her eyes surveyed the selection in front of them. There were some that looked absolutely exquisite. Then Isla told her to close her eyes, but she had already seen the title of her selection. Tiresh gave her a raised eyebrow, suggesting that she knew she was up to mischief before closing hey eyes. "You think you're sneaky, don't you!" She smiled as she opened her mouth. The flavor definitely had a subtle kick, but it was very considerate and balanced well with the sweet. "Thats delicious." She said in rather unladylike fashion as her mouth still had the cake in it, causing her to snort a bit and cover her mouth with her hand in amusement. She opened her eyes, tilting he head a bit as she processed the guest list, "I like it, but I wonder if we shouldn't find something a little safer so that everyone can be sure to enjoy it."

She brought a finger up to Isla's nose, booping her softly, "My turn. Eyes closed. No peeking." Tiresh then looked over the samples for a moment, then made a soft inquiry to the vendors regarding which flavors they might recommend. Two options were presented as favorites; One was a white cake with some thin layers of exotic fruit jam, topped with white frosting. The next was chocolate cake with subtle swirls of fudge and caramel, topped with white frosting. She pondered for a moment, then took both with a nod of gratitude.

"Ok! Ready?" She giggled softly as she placed the one with exotic fruit in Isla's mouth. After Isla had taken a bite, she would put the rest in her mouth and the two would ponder its flavor together.

As a young girl, she had been obsessed with the idea of marriage, albeit her fantasies had all included a handsome man in them way back then. She had always envisioned a smallish wedding out by the ocean in the sand, wearing a beautiful white dress under a flower archway. There would be dancing and live music afterward, a very vibrant and intimate experience. Such was unlikely a possibility now though, due to the fact that she was not getting married as Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez but instead as Tiresh Kobitana. Also, there were many expectations for a rather extravagant wedding on Isla's side, as was befitting of her title. Tiresh had come to terms with that and had secretly resolved to give Isla the best wedding that she possibly could… one that would honor her family and the Ashlan Crusade. All that really mattered to her was Isla. Isla meant everything to her, and if she was happy, then Tiresh would be happy.

Tiresh was right, of course, the chilli kick was beautiful, but not for everyone. "I am very sneaky when I want to be, I just usually don't want to be." she laughed and made a mild flourish with her hand by her own cheekbone. She didn't manage to catch a glimpse of the samples that Tiresh was about to place in her mouth, but the scent had a citrus tang to it and the taste was divine. "Mmmm yummy, what is that?" they would both sample the second batch that Tiresh had selected but Isla was fairly convinced she was sold on the first. Opening her eyes she smiled "I think the first one you gave me is the best, we should make a note of that and come back once we have tried a few more stalls?" Isla thanked the vendor and took a card, writing down the name of the cake she liked, or the one Tiresh preferred. The prime minister had a notoriously sweet tooth so would defer to her beautiful future wife in this regards as she liked them all.

They would make minor small talk with the vendor but then could move on, the next stall made Isla giggle a little and lean in. "Someone thinks right after trying cake samples is the perfect time to be looking at wedding lingerie apparently?" she looked at the very old woman say between the rows of exquisite marital items. Isla ran her hand across the hem of a dark blue basque and a grin curled at the edge of her lips, imagining what might be. This was a very important choice, Isla had a fantastic figure and liked to keep herself in shape, as did Tiresh, the right item to complement that was essential. On the other side of the stall a curtain opened and a young native woman stepped out and opened her robe to show of her chosen outfit to her guest. "I like this one mum, do you think he'll like it?" Isla suppressed a little laugh and looked at Tiresh, the idea of showing her own mother the outfit she planned to take her new spouse to bed in was just insane to her.

Isla tried to ignore the excited little Lujan as she bounded past to look at the mirror. Isla picked a burgundy silken robe off of the hook, holding it up to herself and also looking at the mirror, it was near sheer and an elegant mid thigh length. "You don't get to see what's underneath until the night, I hear if you see it early, it'll bring us both seven years of bad...... " she mouthed the last and more salacious word to her fiancée "But I love this robe and am going to get it, do you like?"

A message pinged in her implant from high command and she crinkled her nose, it would only come through today if it was actually something important, but she didnt want to spoil this mood. By this point Tiresh could probably recognise when Isla was reviewing transmissions, and she would be aware that Isla typically delegated anything that didn't specifically refer to her. But after a few moments Isla rolled her eyes came back into the room. "Sorry" she apologised to her love as the continued their day.
5m5qOKV.png

Tiresh smiled and nodded in agreement at the cake selection. "I agree." After collecting the needed information, Tiresh smirked as they approached the lingerie stall. At the comment about the location of the stall related to the cake, she laughed lightly, "Not what I would have chosen, but here we are!" She had already picked out her own outfit beforehand, but it wouldn't hurt to look. As she meandered amongst the possibilities, she also became very aware of the young Lujian woman and her mother. Both Isla and Tiresh shared the same look, Tiresh's eyes widened with a bit of awkwardness.

She found a pair of teal lingerie that she liked and decided to buy them… if not for their wedding night than simply because she wanted them anyways. Any Isla's playful comment about not seeing before the wedding night, she turned her head and rolled her eyes with a bit of mock sass, "Impossible." She said over-dramatically, "Not with me in the equation." She then playfully winked as Isla, teasing her a bit with the new outfit she had selected by pressing it up against her body and turning to show off her form a bit. "Don't worry. It's not for our wedding night."

She walked closer and touched the fabric of the robe, rubbing it gently between her fingers. "I like it! Soft." She commented approvingly. It was then that Isla seemed to get a message. Tiresh recognized it immediately, and so she turned and left Isla to her business as she meandered to the register and paid for both of their items, pointing the robe out to the cashier. She then took a step out of the stall and stood there for a moment, breathing the fresh air and noticing the sun as it drew closer to the mountains. The people all around her, the hustle and bustle of a Lujian Marketplace, it brought out something deeply nostalgic in her.

The two continued shopping for a bit, visiting a variety of stalls and vendors. Soon there were bags on both arms filled with samples, business cards, and some other items they had decided to purchase on the spot. The night had been wonderful so far, and Tiresh found herself pausing and leaning against one of the stalls. She let her fingers weasel their way into Isla's hand and pulled her closer, turning and looking at her with a whimsical glimmer in her eye.

"So you probably thought I forgot your little comment from earlier… about names." Her tone was soft and affectionate, "I'm sure it's a conversation we need to have. I know that we both live very public lives and so that is a factor surely, but…" She smiled, rubbing Isla's hand gently in her own, "Tell me your thoughts, love."

Isla blushed a little as Tiresh reassured her of her future satisfaction but smiled as she admired the very nice teal outfit the gorgeous Senator had selected. "That really is very lovely." she complemented her.

Then Tiresh asked a question that Isla had indeed thought Tiresh had forgotten, it was a conversation they needed to have, and one that did give Isla a anxiety about resolving, but here they were. The tone from her partner relaxed her and the soft contact on her hand was lovely. "Ah yes, the political side of thing is a factor, we built our reputations with our existing names." Isla looked thoughtful for a moment.

"But, i can handle that, my biggest issue is my family, when you factor in the issues with my sister, I am the only one left to carry on my family line, so it feels like I should, you know?" she sighed partially thinking aloud, then a wide grin appeared on her face and she reached for her holopad "You going to love this, I've been practicing" because apparently the 16 year old writing on her pencil case in school never went away.

Untitled514_20230107103030.png

She laughed and gave her partner a look that said "don't judge me" as the woman looked at her future signature options. "So, my thoughts are, what I want is to call myself Kobitana. I am yours in every way, you know that right? But, I think... number 2? Is that Draellix first? That is what would make my parents happier.

Oh, I don't know...

How about you?"

That was the solution of course, pass the buck to her future wife. She was genuinely interested on Tiresh's thoughts on the matter, her parentage and name was much more complicated than Isla's. She smirked as the humour of throwing Alverez into the mix as well crossed her mind for a few seconds.

She smiled and pulled her fiance in a little closers "The other question will be where to put our marital home, I think I would quite enjoy raising children on Lujo from what I have seen." Isla meant that more as a statement of intent than a question.
5m5qOKV.png

Tiresh listened attentively as Isla processed the concerns related to her family, squeezing her hand to provide comfort. She nodded with understanding, "I completely agree." She said softly, the idea of them having children together brought a warmth to her spirit, and she let such thoughts drift through her consciousness welcomely.

She shared Isla's grin as her love took out a holopad and began scribbling different variations of their names together. This was such a lovely moment, the two of them excitedly looking at a representation of their future lives together in written form. She leaned in and rested her cheek against Isla's shoulder, looking down at the variations.

Isla said:
"So, my thoughts are, what I want is to call myself Kobitana. I am yours in every way, you know that right?

The woman nodded with her cheek still pressed against Isla's shoulder, "Of coarse, love." As Isla suggested the second variation, Tiresh smiled. Isla seemed to be a bit unsure, and Tiresh wondered if Isla feared that she would not approve. She looked up into Isla's eyes with a loving yet emphatic look on her face,

"I've already given up my real name… my real identity… to be with you, and to do what I believe in. I've given you all that I am, love." She smiled with deep affection in her eyes, "I love option two." She then tilted her head a bit and gently took the data pad in her own hands, "And if you are to be Isla Draellix-Kobitana, than I believe that it only makes sense… that…" She scribbled out her own name, putting a cute little heart to dot the i's…

Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

She smiled, looking down at their two names side by side. Tears subtly filled her eyes as she nestled in a bit closer to her Fiancé, the beauty of the evening surrounding them and her heart full. She had longed for so many years to find the one that she would spend the rest of her life with, and there were some moments where it became so incredibly tangible that it was actually happening. And this moment was one of them.

"Do you like it?" She asked softly.

Isla said:
"The other question will be where to put our marital home, I think I would quite enjoy raising children on Lujo from what I have seen."

This very much surprised Tiresh, causing her to pull away and take hold of Isla's shoulder, looking at her with wide and concerned eyes, "Isla! Are you sure? What about your family? I'm sure the distance would be terrible for them. I'd hate for us to move so far away… and with all of your work as the Grand Admiral, what would the Ashland Crusade think of you living in Alliance Territory?" She could not lie, deep inside she jumped at the idea of living back here on Lujo… this was her home… her people…

But Tiresh had given up much more than a name. She had given up Kalie… Kalie's family… Her cousins, aunts, uncles… It was part of her deal with the SIA. The replicant would continue on as Kalie for all intents and purposes and remain an SIA asset, but Tiresh was forbidden to ever take on her former identity ever again. That was the cost of walking away from the SIA and fully taking on the identity of Tiresh Kobitana. And Kalie's family was being monitored by the SIA, making it nearly impossible for her to make direct contact with any of them ever again.

Suddenly the weight of it all hit her once again. Tears began to stream down her cheeks as she buried her face into Isla's shoulder, sobbing quietly as her frame shook subtly in her love's embrace. After a few moments, the tears subsided and the sobbing quieted. She took in a fragile breath and exhaled slowly, recomposing herself as best as she could. She finally pulled her face away and looked up at Isla, emotion still clearly evident in her expression as she spoke softly,

"My Father is dead. My family is no longer mine. I…" She looked out a bit embarrassed at the thinning crowds of people, hoping no-one was noticing their former Senator in such a fragile state, and more importantly, hoping that no-one else could overhear her. She spoke even quieter, almost just a whisper, "All I have here is an empty estate that I haven't seen in… a year. I never thought you would want to leave Lur, so I never even considered we would move back here. I think… I think it just caught me off guard and… it's just stirring a lot of emotions in me right now. I'm sorry." She looked up apologetically at her love, hoping she would not be taken aback by the sudden wave of emotion that had just washed over her.

Last edited:

Isla was beyond happy that Tiresh accepted her chosen option and the smile on her face widened as they shared such an intimate moment.

"Do you like it?" She asked softly.

"It looks beautiful, our names look like they were destined to be together." she sighed happily and held her fiance tightly as they spent a few moments looking at the two names that would define the next chapter of their lives. Tiresh's sudden outburst of tears would have caught anyone else off guard, but after living with her and being part of her long recovery, Isla could feel it coming and put her hand into her hair behind her head to comfort the woman.

"I never thought I would leave Lur either, but home is wherever you are. My mother is Atrisian and lives on bosph, she will understand me moving to be with the one I love. And I have those fast transports with the Crusade, it's not a coincidence I commissioned them not long after we started dating." she tried to make a joke to cheer her lover up a little. "I might have to stay away from time to time, but you are marrying a soldier, that was always going to be the case." Isla released Tiresh as she pulled away to recompose herself. She smiled empathetically as the Senator made apologies and felt she needed to justify her emotional state to Isla. She knew she never needed to apologise to her, but always did. "You miss her? Don't you?" Isla was referring to Kalie and everything that went before Tiresh. "I am so sorry for everything you went through, and everything you have lost, you are the most amazing woman to be able to endure so much...." Isla gave a pause and bit her lip gently as she considered something that weighed heavily on her heart. Tiresh would see it in her eyes, but she needn't give her time to worry.

"Tiresh, can we go somewhere private, there is something I need to give you, something I should have a while ago, but I have been so scare...... lets just go ok?" There was a small park Isla had spotted with a river that emptied into the sea nearby and she led Tiresh there, finding a seat out of the way. She knew she was probably worrying her partner out about now

They sat and Isla let out a sigh, her heart was racing. "OK, so you know I was present when your father died, I already told you that, but I never told you the specifics. I want to show you, I was there for his very last words and he blessed our marriage, I am so sorry I was not brave enough to give you this sooner. Its one of my memory files you can watch now, or I can give it to you and you can keep it for when you are ready."
There was an element of fear in Isla's eyes over whether this was the right decision, or even whether Tiresh would be upset with her for withholding this for so long.
5m5qOKV.png

Tiresh nodded, smiling and receiving the offered comfort well.

"I might have to stay away from time to time, but you are marrying a soldier, that was always going to be the case."

She nodded quickly, "Yes, of coarse." Could they really live here on Lujo? As the idea settled in a bit more, she couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement. It wouldn't be the same as before, but she truly missed the shores of Lujo.

"You miss her? Don't you?"

She looked back up at Isla, feeling the wrestle of emotions stirring a bit again just under the surface. She frowned, her face wincing a bit as she processed the idea of missing her original identity. She nodded quickly, then tilted her head as she hummed softly in contemplation, deciding that it was a bit complicated, "I miss… the connections, I think… more than anything. Friends that I rarely see anymore… Lyrrin Lyrrin Valery Noble Valery Noble … of coarse, my real family…. But honestly?" She looked up at Isla with almost a bit of self discovering revelation as she spoke, "I don't miss the SIA. Not one bit. And the parts of Kalie that I love the most, they're still inside me. They still are me. I'm not walled off and separate anymore, my identities I mean. I'm Kalie, just as much as I am Tiresh. I'm…" She suddenly smiled widely and giggled softly, looking into Isla's eyes with a sparkle in them, recalling the nickname that Isla had given her that she had grown fond of, "I'm Tillie!" She leaned forward and pecked Isla quickly on the lips. "I'm your Tillie."

"Tiresh, can we go somewhere private, there is something I need to give you, something I should have a while ago, but I have been so scare...... let's just go ok?"

She tilted her head a bit, unsure of what it was that Isla might want to give her that would cause her to fear. "Of coarse." She said softly.

Once they arrived at the Park and sat down, Tiresh pivoted herself towards Isla, her hands placed on her own lap as she waited expectantly for whatever it was that Isla wanted to share with her. At the mention of her father, she frowned a bit, furrowing her brow slightly as she listened. As soon as Isla mentioned showing Tiresh the last moments of her father, her eyes widened and her heart began to beat quickly, feeling almost a sense of paralyzation come over her as her body tingled. She was both terrified of what she might see, but also desperately craving to see her father… to hear his words.

After Isla finished speaking, she bowed her head a bit and stared at the ground in front of her, a look of a thousand emotions etched across her face. Her hands began to tremble slightly. She was scared. Scared to see him in such a horrific state, to see him in his last moments. But ultimately, she could not bear not to see him. To hear him. To know.

She finally looked back up at Isla, fear evident on her face as she gulped, and then slowly nodded, desiring to see the memory for herself.

"I'm Tillie!" She leaned forward and pecked Isla quickly on the lips. "I'm your Tillie."

Isla giggled a little and blushed at the mention of the pet name she had granted her fiancee. "Good, and don't you forget it." the way her personalities had blended up and come out as wonderful woman had been scary, she could have come out as someone who didn't want Isla in her life, but no, all the pieces had landed perfectly.

As she told Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix she needed to share something, she could see the fear in her eyes, but she could not lie and tell her it was nothing to worry about, it was a difficult thing and it may be hard for Tiresh to handle.

"OK, if you are sure I can share it to you." and with a thought it was done, it didn't feel right, such a major and potentially emotive memory shared to Tiresh via her datapad in the time it took Isla to blink. It felt like it should be harder to do, but that was how the technology was. A notification appeared on her holopad and Isla slid her hand in and around Tiresh, resting her head on her shoulder affectionately. "You can do this privately, or you can do it here, I totally don't mind, I'm here for you whatever you decide my love." She pulled her in tightly and ran her thumb up and down her lower back, in their spot. She couldn't help but smile at the closeness she felt with the woman but her stomach was in knots with what she might do. Isla remembered it so vividly, the last words, Isla's promise to find and take care of Tiresh and his desire for them to be happy together. The park was eerily quiet as she waited with held breath for her lover to decide what to do.

5m5qOKV.png

Tiresh leaned into the comforting embrace, gripping the data pad tightly as she stared at it, unsure of there was any way that one could prepare for what she was about to see. A moment passed as she finally mustered up the courage to press play. As soon as she saw Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana 's face appear, Tiresh breathed in sharply, holding her breath as her face contorted into on of pure grief. Tears already beginning to stream down her cheeks as she saw him struggling to hold onto life in his last moments.

(Snippet pulled from Fundraising Gala on Coruscant (Senate, Media, Corporations, etc!)
"I'm so, so sorry Marovik," she took his hand in hers, looping the chain of her Ashlan Rosary around both their hands and she looked him in the eyes. "we don't know each other well enough but I am here for you." tears ran down her face as she watched him fighting for his life, she heard him whisper his daughter's name. "I swear to Ashla, we will do everything. We will find her, I promise, and I will take care of her for you" she held his hand tight, she knew it was promise she may not be able to keep, but as he drifted closer to the embrace of the light, he needed to hear it.

Marovik's eyes struggled to focus as he felt Isla Draellix Isla Draellix ’s hands holding tightly onto his. He turned to look into her eyes, his face instantly filling with deep sorrow and regret as he realized that he would miss their wedding… that he would miss their children… He pulled the oxygen off his mouth, knowing it was too late for him now, and the need to speak in these last precious moments of life were now his only priority.

“Find her…” He pleaded weakly, his breath constricting within him as the words he uttered barely held onto their structure, but hopefully she could make out what he was trying to say. “Find her…” He was struggling to hold onto consciousness, his gaze drifting and his eyelids slowly closing, but suddenly he opened them wide, forcing his life to remain for another moment longer. Such a moment was possibly provided by the graceful attention of Nol Akkos and his healing abilities.

Marovik squeezed tightly onto Isla’s hands, looking back into her eyes intently with a moment of clarity. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he nodded fervently, his hands shaking in hers, “Yes…” He whispered, “The answer… is yes…” he said, “You have… my blessing… Isla…” He hoped she would understand what he was referring to as he leaned his head back down against the ground, his body beginning to convulse as it struggled to survive against all odds. "Take... care of... her..." he muttered weakly. He wouldn't be able to be there for her anymore. He hoped that Tiresh would be able to forgive him for his absence from her life.

she heard him bless her, she wanted to ask him for permission to wed his daughter, and he knew without her asking she whispered "thank you, i will take care of her, I promise"

And then, a sense of peace and calm seemed to sweep over Marovik. The shaking stopped, and his eyes opened as he stared up intently at something above him. His face gave a look that suggested that he was seeing someone he hadn’t seen for many years, and he showed signs of deep love and affection as his trembling hand reached upward towards the unseen presence.

“Trishna?” He mouthed with barely any tone left in his voice as he looked upon the image of the love of his life. She reached out a loving hand to Marovik, welcoming him into her loving arms. A warm smile flashed across his gentle face as his finger stretched upwards to meet hers, “Trishna...” he mouthed silently.

And then... his eyes closed slowly...

...his hand slowly fell down against his body as the last ounce of life finally left his weary frame.

...And just like that, Marovik Kobitana... was gone.

Isla watched the life in his eyes dimming and prayed to Ashla for her to embrace a truly good man warmly. Isla kissed him on the forehead as he passed. Her last vestiges of strength went with him and she sobbed.

Part way through the memory, Tiresh has lost all composure, beginning to sob uncontrollably, her hand covering her mouth as she lost all strength in her form, collapsing weakly into Isla’s embrace. Through the blurred vision, she listened to the words of her love and her father, her soul feeling a surge of countless emotions all at once. Grief… regret… guilt… reassurance… closure.

As the memory concluded, she let it fall into her lap as her hand reached up to Isla’s neck, pulling her even closer as she sobbed into her lovers frame. Finally, after some moments, she quieted and her body stopped moving, and she began to breath again slowly…

“Thank you, Isla…” She whispered softly, “I know that he is at peace because of you. I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you were there to comfort him in his last moments.” She sighed heavily, pressing her cheek against Isla’s neck, “I wish he could be there… at our wedding. I want that more than anything…” She sighed again, sadness evident in her tone, “But to know that he blessed us… I’m so grateful.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom