Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Fundraising Gala on Coruscant (Senate, Media, Corporations, etc!)

CORUSCANT
BANQUET HALL

zh7EuD5.jpg

Atmosphere.

TAGS
Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm Valery Noble Valery Noble Tano Keth Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana
Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Koda Fett Koda Fett Seva Geroux Seva Geroux

Equipment in bio.

Open for interaction!

Appearance.

GMGbWX5.png

By now the furred giant had calmed down considerably. His breathing slowed, his mind cleared. Of course, he remained vigilant as he looked over the ever expanding crowd.

Still standing by the wall, he looked up at a concealed camera in the corner and nodded once at an operator sitting behind a screen somewhere else in the building.
– Excuse me. – He told a group of people as he passed by them as politely as possible, although his size made unintentional physical contact difficult to avoid. – Enjoy the gala. – He murmured in farewell to the distinguished group.

He ducked under chandeliers, walked past the balcony, and soon arrived at the bar, smiling to himself at a memory of a life in which he would be anchored at just such a spot. But not now. He had a job to see through. He soon passed by glorious, artistically crafted round windows the likes of which could only be witnessed in a place like Coruscant. Truly a marvel of architecture this place was. In fact, due to clever design choices, the place was more than an elegant hall. It was a fortress with cutting edge surveillance equipment and remote-controlled shutter doors installed in structurally weak areas all around and inside the building.

Gorthalon soon arrived at his destination; that being a dark corner behind the podium where the event's highly respected organizer, Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana shall hold his scheduled speech.

The beast stood tall, close to the wall, and continued surveying the masses and listening to the constant influx of information in his ears.

Objective: Represent the Jedi
Wearing: Link
Tag: Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Open

While her conversation with Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra continued, Valery spotted a woman approaching from the corner of her eyes, and it was one she was somewhat familiar with. It wasn't that long ago that Kalie opened up to her in confidence about the relationship between Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana and Tiresh, but it was unlikely that she had told Isla about her friendship with Valery. So she kept it in the back of her mind to be quiet about the topic.

weu9krB.png
First, though, Isla addressed her fellow Ashlan Crusader and Valery took the moment to remain silent and listen to them speak. Much like the more traditional Jedi she was used to, the Ashlan Crusaders showed a great deal of respect to each other, which Valery could appreciate quite a bit. So by the time Isla turned to Valery, she greeted the woman with a kind and welcoming smile.

One perhaps brightened by the compliment that Isla made. Valery dipped her head lightly in gratitude and spoke with a friendly tone,
"That's very kind of you, and it's a pleasure to finally meet you as well. I've been wanting to meet with more Ashlan Crusaders for some time now, but life and duties have kept me busy." she chuckled and brought up a hand to tuck some loose strands of hair back behind her ear.

"As for my visit, it's to represent the New Jedi Order — our Jedi are kept quite busy so it's not easy for them to attend ceremonies like this. But I had some time and figured it would be appropriate," Valery continued but at the mention of her husband's name, she beamed a less professional-looking smile.

"I'm certainly biased here, but he's definitely a good person and Jedi. Right now, he's at home to take care of our daughter, or he would have been here with me as well." Valery then paused, stopping herself from asking about Isla's own situation. She was probably not supposed to know and didn't want to make things awkward by bringing up Tiresh.

"I do hope our Orders will get to work together more soon, especially with the war growing more intense. When that time comes, you can count on my support to cooperate well."

5m5qOKV.png
Objective: Represent the Ashlan Priesthood
Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Valery Noble Valery Noble

"The pleasure is all mine, Master Noble" He returned her politeness, "And of course. My-"

He soon found himself interrupted by another voice. Yet, it was very important voice to him. Isla Draellix, a woman of many titles within the Ashland community. The Countess of Lur. The Grandmaster of the Sisters of Ashla. But above all, she was the elected Prime Minister that represented their people on a political level. The Kessurian was quick to bow his head.

"Prime Minister. I am humbled by your presence." He spoke softly, "We are kindred of hearts, it seems. I pray for the refugees displaced by war."

He took his place in silence as the two women conversed with each other, not wanting to come off as rude. He smiled when heard Valery speak of cooperation between the Jedi and the Ashlan Church. He addressed her once again.

"As would I, Master Jedi. I feel like my own, specific monastic order would benefit from Jedi instruction." He elaborated, "You see, I am not one of the typical Ashlan clerics, dressed as a paladin of the Light. I am merely a healer, and frankly, many of my younger compatriots lack some of the knowledge derived from Jedi healing techniques"

He lifted his right hand to their line of sight, briefly manifesting the Force to it. A shimmering, gold light enveloped his hand. It gave off a soothing warmth, as if to heal and relax. With a motion, he called it away, the light flickering out.

"Too many outsiders, in my opinion, see my fellows as the sword of the Light. I see myself as a shield to protect those who cannot, and dispel the illnesses of body and spirit that attack the most vulnerable of us."

Billionaire Businessman & Advocate
Objective: Raise awareness and financial benefactors for "Hope City" on Lujo, a city for the displaced of war-torn planets.
Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Tano Keth Valery Noble Valery Noble Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm Gorthalon Gorthalon Peyton Steele Peyton Steele Koda Fett Koda Fett Open!

After connecting with Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm for a moment, he gave her a nod accompanied by a grateful smile as he shifted towards the small stage and podium that awaited his presence. As he drew near, let let out a labored sigh, attempting to prepare himself for the moment. His rough hands gripped tightly to the podium as he turned around to face the room filled with guests, donors, and dignitaries. He was silent for a moment, pulling up his data pad and setting his notes on the podium, looking over the first few line as a refresher. Then, there was a voice that was projected throughout the room that announced that Mr. Kobitana was about to share his opening remarks. He cleared his throat and took a bottle of water from underneath the podium, quickly removing the lid and taking a good sip. Finally, he opened his mouth and started to address everyone present, as well as those who were tuning in live through the broadcast.

"Friends. Dignitaries. Entrepreneurs. Royalty… Welcome." His eyes looked down constantly as he read from the script that he had formulated some days ago. "I would like to begin by thanking the following donors for their generous contributions tonight… Tano Keth Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Peyton Steele Peyton Steele Seva Geroux Seva Geroux … and the many others who have gone above and beyond to make our galaxy a better place. Thank you." He bowed before everyone, "As my father once said, it is not the amount of credits we accumulate, but in fact the investments we fuel that will cause us to be remembered by future generations. May all of you be remembered for what you have accomplished today." He shifted on his feet and looked out over the sea of faces, "Hope City represents the Galactic Alliance at its best… protecting the broken, strengthening the weak, and safeguarding the next generation. We were intended to be a compassionate and generous faction within a torn Galaxy. A democracy that fights for equal representation and the prosperity of all…"

Marovik paused, looking down and staring for a moment at his podium, as if wrestling with the words he desired to speak next, "I am fearful of the direction that our Alliance is heading in." He looked up again at the faces that filled in the large hall, his face a mix of complex emotions, yet his tone unwavering in it's calm yet strong projection, "As many of you know, my daughter… Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix … has been a voice of truth and conviction within the Senate. She has been a force of positive change, rallying together Senators of all different kinds of political backgrounds and affiliations, in an attempt to restore the values and the heart of what this Alliance stands for. And as many of you know… She has been targeted by bounty hunters that are funded by powerful people who would like nothing more than to silence her voice. And now…" He gripped the podium, his lip quivering for a moment as he attempted to regain his composure, "She has been abducted... Her whereabouts unknown…"

His hand shook subtly as he picked up the water and took another drink, doing his best to remain composed. He then gripped the podium tightly with both hands and refocused on his audience, "Is this who we are? Is this who we want to be? What has happened to the Galactic Alliance that I know and love? I cannot believe that this is our story… I cannot believe that we do not have a choice anymore in the matter…"

Last edited:

CORUSCANT
Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana

Beneath all the noises of a Coruscant that bustled in the late hours, the near-inaudible sound of his armoured frame clinked as he shifted forwards in the shadows - a slow and cautious set of movements set him closer, and closer. It forced one reaction to see an armed Mandalorian in the streets no matter the circumstances, and another to see Fett himself as armed as he was known to be in the midst of Senators and other finer businessmen that benefited the Coalition once more; as if a shark that stumbled onto the scent of blood, he encircled them and derived is next choices in his fair share of internal considerations.

His concealed, helmeted features narrowed on the scene from the exterior. It swivelled across in a slow, methodical manner in a bid to locate his intended victim, able to see in from the various windows; most of those in attendance had remained a hidden factor to the Mandalorian as a result, but it was of little concern to him now as he settled on his intended victim. His own trade had been considered honourable in some manner, to some that is. It was the idea of a man that teetered on the line between the law and lawlessness, able to exist on both sides in search of an oath fulfilled in the name of the law. Fett had his own code, that much was true - one's own word is their honour, he recalled, and devotion to that task earned them their fame and their credits.

But as infamous as the man was, he was not remembered as a heroic one on the side of the law. He was a villain, loathed and most remarks that referred to him had been said so in disdain. His few vocal admirers had been far removed from his crimes, or been the sort that benefited from them.

That said, there was little admiration to be found in the act that followed. He was no hunter now, not on this mission, rather in the role of an assassin. Not of some fearsome foe, but an innocent man that was brave and stood stalwart in the face of other more motivated men and women. Someone that was not afraid of that final mile one needed to cross in order to claim themselves the victor.

Fett stood firm amidst all the urban elements, the harsh wind on the outside ensured his side-cloak was thrust about in a wild series of motions. He monitored the rise and fall of his chest as his blaster had been risen towards his visor, aimed at the torso of the elder Kobitana. If Tiresh had been a caution to those in the Coalition, then Marovik was another far more extreme one. He held no intentions to take this man in alive. His index slowly descended and the faint tension of resistance was no match for that killer instinct. It was sudden, the all too familiar noise of a blaster fired as a red bolt soared across the street and carved a clean hole into the window enroute to Kobitana.

Last edited:

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

Tags: Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Valery Noble Valery Noble Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Wearing: This dress

"Prime Minister. I am humbled by your presence."
"Please, call me Isla, my title is jusy the position Ashla wishes me to serve in." she would much rather be treated as the the person than the title, but she understood and appreciated the mark of respect shown by the Priest, she smiled warmly, but was finding it harder to hide her sadness, particularly as Valery Noble Valery Noble discussed her new family.

"That is lovely to hear, I too hope to be a mother some day, whatever form that may take, I would be interested to know how your pregnancy impacted your duties, if that is not widely inappropriate of me to ask, maybe in a more private venue." The thought of her or Tiresh carrying their child made her smile, but only intensified her pain further so she stopped as her eyes began to glisten.

Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana began speaking and Isla listened with pride while standing next to the Jedi and the priest. She blushed a little at the acknowledgement, but not enough to be noticable. Isla loved the feeling that helping people was giving her, and it felt it brought balance in her life against the more military aspects of her career. She could be part of the solution.

As he mentioned Tiresh though she suddenly felt that emptiness again and reached her arm around herself as if to give herself a hug of comfort. She tried fighting it, and she tried hiding it, but her distress would be apparent to those around her as she wiped a tear from her eye. "I'm sorry," she said to Valery and Nol, turning away for a moment, hoping she could recompose herself "I am having a difficult time dealing with Tiresh's disappearance and all this is just making me miss her more." smiling apologetically, she turned around to continue watching the speech.

5m5qOKV.png

Objective: Speak with Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana urgently
Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Tano Keth Valery Noble Valery Noble Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm Gorthalon Gorthalon Peyton Steele Peyton Steele Koda Fett Koda Fett Open!

"… and so I say this from the bottom of my heart… we must not give up on hope. Please, do not give up on the dream of what the Galactic Alliance could be. May Hope City be a beacon and a reminder to all of us of this hope, of what we can accomplish when…"

The glass shattered right at that moment from a nearby window. There was a gasp as attention was drawn to the window, everyone confused and scared, unsure of what was going on. In the midst of the distraction, Marovik's body jolted from the impact of the blaster as it struck his chest. His grip was so strong on the podium that he remained standing, his eyes growing wide as he slowly looked down, witnessing the scarred mark in his suit. His look was one of confusion.

"Oh…" He muttered, his body slowly pushing forward as it began to give out on him, leaning hard against the podium until it fell forward with a crash. Marovik fell on top of it and rolled off onto his back, his hands grasping at his chest as his eyes looked up at the ceiling with a sense of fear filling them as he realized that he was dying. "Tiresh…" He muttered, his eyes filling with tears as he lay there. The crash had startled the crowd, and now people were beginning to scream as they saw Marovik Kobitana lying on the ground with a blaster bolt through his chest. In the chaos that ensued, Marovik's eyes started to jolt around frantically, as if he was looking desperately for someone specific before it was too late, "Isla…" he muttered, looking desperately for Tiresh's lover. There was something he needed to say to her before the moment passed and he drifted into death.

Last edited:

The Yuzzem stood proud next to the wall and couldn't help but listen intently to Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana 's truly heartfelt speech. Despite the constant drone of the Senate Guard detachment's internal comm channel in his ears, the words of a father addressing the disappearance of his daughter drowned out all noise and slid under the giant's skin. In fact, Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix had probably been the only politician he ever had the chance to be an acquaintance of prior to his transfer to the Senate Guard. Her disappearance troubled the giant greatly and felt sorry for the man before him. The beast saw the empathetic gazes fixed on the man at the podium as he looked around, and the undertone of sorrow resonated strongly with the gathered dignitaries and stakeholders.

Then, in but an otherwise insignificant fraction of a second, something terrible had happened. The sound of reinforced glass fracturing snuffed out all sense of normalcy from within the great gala hall.

Gorthalon's heart skipped a beat; for he immediately knew what just transpired.

Tragedy struck. The person he was obligated to protect, the single most important person here as far as he was concerned, was now collapsing, with a smoking bolt mark revealing the reality of this fateful turn of events. Flush with adrenaline, Gorthalon had instinctively planted his feet in a widened stance and threw a ground-deployed energy shield right next to the man, aimed to prevent follow-up shots of any kind. It bloomed wide all around him in a reddish-purple hue, encasing him in a protective bubble of energy, but allowing paramedics and guards to pass its threshold without hindrance when they arrive. Gorthalon's military-trained mind then refocused his tunnel vision lightning-fast to the next most important thing; determining the whereabouts and identity of the brazen perpetrator.

The incredibly keen, predatory eyes of the Yuzzem darted to the broken window. Perhaps his mind was playing tricks on him, perhaps not, but for a brief moment he seemed to have seen the outline of a stationary figure in the tall distance. The spiderweb fracture deprived him of the possibility to assess any specific characteristics of this shadow with clarity, but the general direction of the possible murderer was more than nothing for the moment.
– CODE RED, I REPEAT, CODE RED! FULL ALERT. – He roared into his comm and smashed the shutter door controls on the wall with his heavy fist. The durasteel shutters slammed down hard before every window, repeated metallic thuds hammering home the truth that nothing shall ever be the same. The low, elongated warble of the sirens washed over the panicked crowd. The overhead lights dimmed automatically, and rows of crimson lights flared up along the floor one by one, guiding the crowd to the nearest emergency exits on each side of the building.

The furred giant made his way to the exit that was closest to the window through which the disastrous shot entered the building, his guttural shouts shaking the swarming mob back into reality and ordering them aside.
– REMAIN CALM! PROCEED TO YOUR EXITS! – His voice boomed over the bellow of the sirens, his outstretched arms demanding order. Law enforcement crafts shall soon overrun the district. Whoever the killer was, time wasn't on their side anymore.

Fresh air brushed across his dense fur as he ducked under the doorframe and stepped outside the building.
– GUARD POSITIONS R1 TO 5 REPORT IN IMMEDIATELY! – The 'R' abbreviation simply referred to those concealed guards that have set up positions on the roof. He immediately looked up to where he thought he'd seen something, holding his DC-15A in one hand, and another energy shield generator in the other, ready to deploy. With strictly contained rage, Gorthalon awaited the report of his guardsmen and scoured the district's skyline with his piercing eyes.

Last edited:

Objective: Represent the Jedi
Wearing: Link
Tag: Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Koda Fett Koda Fett Gorthalon Gorthalon | Open

Even though she had avoided asking about Isla's family, she still felt the woman's sadness echo through the Force after she mentioned her husband and daughter. The question that followed though was something she hadn't quite expected, and it briefly got Valery to be quiet. "My pregnancy was... difficult," she admitted with a weak smile.

weu9krB.png
"Kahlil wasn't with me for the majority of it, and several attempts at my life were made during it as well. I stepped away from my duties and spent about 8 months in hiding with some friends, who really made the difference for me." Valery said as a hand came up through her hair again, allowing her a moment of silence.

"But he did find me in the end, and the last month or so wasn't too terrible. But I wasn't able to do much as a Jedi, and he made sure I took a lot of rest and went slow with my recovery after childbirth." she chuckled, remembering the sparring and training sessions rather well. Yeah... she could be a bit stubborn and tough to handle at times.

Valery's attention then shifted to Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana as he began to speak, and she'd listen along with the 2 Ashlan Crusaders. But when Tiresh was mentioned, that echo of sadness felt stronger again, and she noticed the way Isla hugged herself. With an outstretched hand, Valery moved to gently place it on the woman's shoulder but inches away from contact, she stiffened as a shot rang out through the Gala hall.

As the man crumbled to the ground and Gorthalon Gorthalon 's voice blasted over the screaming and people running, Valery paused for a moment but her training kicked in fast, and she moved away from the Crusaders, kicked off her heels, and made her way over to the edge of the balcony, hoping to follow the path the round had taken.

I should have brought a lightsaber...

Tags: Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Valery Noble Valery Noble Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

The shot rang out and it took Isla a moment to register what had happened as the glass exploded and the father of the woman she loved took a blow to the chest. The man who was likely the last connection she might have to Tiresh.

"No!" she cried out, he voice shattering as it did. Valery Noble Valery Noble , ever the jedi, despite her outfit, sprang into action. Isla looked at Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra for support, he was a healer, maybe he was the hope she needed. "please, if you can do something...."

She ran over to Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana , she needed to be there for him, he was alone too, his wife and his daughter both taken from him. She passed through the glowing shield and kneeled down. The paramedics were already seeing to him with efficiency and trying to give him oxygen, his wound was serious, she had been in the miltiary long enough to recognise it would be a miracle for him to survive.

"I'm so, so sorry Marovik," she took his hand in hers, looping the chain of her Ashlan Rosary around both their hands and she looked him in the eyes. "we don't know each other well enough but I am here for you." tears ran down her face as she watched him fighting for his life, she heard him whisper his daughter's name. "I swear to Ashla, we will do everything. We will find her, I promise, and I will take care of her for you" she held his hand tight, she knew it was promise she may not be able to keep, but as he drifted closer to the embrace of the light, he needed to hear it.

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

Alicio watched on as Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana quickly integrated into another section of the party, wondering how she was able to do it. Being a socialite was exhausting work, at least for Alicio, and he barely even went to upscale parties. To be one of the many politicians that frequent them...

He wouldn't dare.

The nobleman took a moment to himself, inhaling a deep breath of Coruscanti air, before exhaling it. Briefly, he felt... odd. Like the taste of ash on the air. Some tension unfelt by all. Strange.

But before he could ponder it too long, Theo Vereen Theo Vereen entered his area of conversation. Alicio composed himself, adopting a neutral expression. Which quickly turned to a smile. "You'll have to be more specific. I'm on Alderaan a lot these days," the Alderaanian said. "My name is Alicio. What's yours?"

At that moment, Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana began his speech. Alicio turned his attention to the man, with an excited expression. Here was someone like him, someone who didn't immediately gel with the spotlight, giving a speech for the greater good. It was inspiring to an introverted bureaucrat such as himself.

Alicio shook his head, bringing his fingers to his temple, trying to massage away a sudden pressure behind his eyes. The taste of burning incense filled his mouth. For a moment, he could have sworn he'd seen Marovik fall.

But there he was. Standing. Talking about Hope.

A change in the air. A burning red bolt. A sizzling pop. Marovik Kobitana pondered the killing blow, then fell. Alicio dropped his glass.

Alicio thought it might be a dream. It didn't quite feel real. Even as the protective bubble washed over the body, and screaming began, and the loud voice of Gorthalon Gorthalon began directing people to flee, none of it fully registered. He was rooted in place by shock, still processing Marovik's last words.

It was surreal at that moment he was listening at first to the man he was addressing Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , "Ahh Alicio, hey I'm Theo" it was moments a breath maybe between the moments the speech began given by the host Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana and the red bolt that cut through the window. If his head had not been faced that way he would never have seen it.

Everything felt slow. His senses picked up he could see the red bolt moving like quicksilver he turned his head then he remembered his duty protect, he jumped over to Alicio who was closest to him. The drop of this glass told Theo he was startled, everyone was startled, Theo stood in front of Alicio to do a quick check just in case there was more than one shot, no blood, good. "you look ok...get down" Theo put his hand on his shoulders, "down, get small so they can't make you a target understand, and get behind something that protects you from that window" Theo pointed.

The young Captain of the Alderaan Navy had some training it was kicking in he was however short a weapon, but he could check. He saw over at the podium that Marovik was down. "feth" Theo looked to where he thought the red bolt had come from. The room was beginning to panic and run its an instinct you either run from or towards least that's what he thought.

Theo couldn't let the moment of all these emotions push him from reacting, "Everyone down" Running they were just more targets...they needed to get out of the way. Would there be more shots?

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Tano Keth | Koda Fett Koda Fett | Seva Geroux Seva Geroux

His Last Moments

Marovik's eyes struggled to focus as he felt Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana ’s hands holding tightly onto his. He turned to look into her eyes, his face instantly filling with deep sorrow and regret as he realized that he would miss their wedding… that he would miss their children… He pulled the oxygen off his mouth, knowing it was too late for him now, and the need to speak in these last precious moments of life were now his only priority.

“Find her…” He pleaded weakly, his breath constricting within him as the words he uttered barely held onto their structure, but hopefully she could make out what he was trying to say. “Find her…” He was struggling to hold onto consciousness, his gaze drifting and his eyelids slowly closing, but suddenly he opened them wide, forcing his life to remain for another moment longer. Such a moment was possibly provided by the graceful attention of Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra and his healing abilities.

Marovik squeezed tightly onto Isla’s hands, looking back into her eyes intently with a moment of clarity. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he nodded fervently, his hands shaking in hers, “Yes…” He whispered, “The answer… is yes…” he said, “You have… my blessing… Isla…” He hoped she would understand what he was referring to as he leaned his head back down against the ground, his body beginning to convulse as it struggled to survive against all odds. "Take... care of... her..." he muttered weakly. He wouldn't be able to be there for her anymore. He hoped that Tiresh would be able to forgive him for his absence from her life.

And then, a sense of peace and calm seemed to sweep over Marovik. The shaking stopped, and his eyes opened as he stared up intently at something above him. His face gave a look that suggested that he was seeing someone he hadn’t seen for many years, and he showed signs of deep love and affection as his trembling hand reached upward towards the unseen presence.

“Trishna?” He mouthed with barely any tone left in his voice as he looked upon the image of the love of his life. She reached out a loving hand to Marovik, welcoming him into her loving arms. A warm smile flashed across his gentle face as his finger stretched upwards to meet hers, “Trishna...” he mouthed silently.

And then... his eyes closed slowly...

...his hand slowly fell down against his body as the last ounce of life finally left his weary frame.

...And just like that, Marovik Kobitana... was gone.

CORUSCANT
Valery Noble Valery Noble | Gorthalon Gorthalon

His helmeted face told the tale of stoicism, the T-visor a continued indication of it in the emotionless and otherwise vacant stare that if offered to the sudden loss of life. His attention had not been cast elsewhere in the horrific moment of his own creation, and neither had some sorrowful need to force another scene to consume his aforementioned attention, nor was there a stiffness in his throat that needed to be swallowed back into his stomach. Instead, Fett remained intent to see the final breath be drawn from his chest in order to confirm his kill, and as one second turned into two, the idea of another hail of bolts to silence him sooner rather than later came to mind. Even if it was dismissed so soon after. The Mandalorian elected to lower his blaster, to let it rest at his side as he turned from the murder and strode towards the streets so, so far below.

Resistance was near, no doubt to come soon but the sudden arrival of the Jedi had been of some small amount of shock. She seemed familiar, Fett noted, even if there was little intention to stick around afterwards. Noble had seen the the silhouette of Mandalorian armour and a flash of a colour scheme the Jedi had seen before as he neared the lanes; bathed in coloured billboards and advertisements as well as the intense traffic of Coruscant. His helmeted face turned to see her one last time before he allowed himself to freefall from the roof and rocket into an effort to evade those that came.

But those in attendance had arrived somehow, a vertible fleet of speeders -- of various makes and models -- remained.

Like everyone else in the room, Seva had turned her attention to Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana when he speech began. And the noblewoman bowed her head slightly when he spoke her name among those that had donated. It was her pleasure, naturally. Unlike other times, she had not tuned out the rest of the speech – rather, their host kept her captivated by his words and conviction.

He really did want the galaxy to be a better place.

But then, the speech ended abruptly. There was a sound. Just what? Seva turned to see glass falling, her own gasp joined the collective breath held in. Her eyes flickered back towards the podium, just in time to see their host fall.

The pieces began to fall into place. Seva's eyes grew wide, but she was still frozen by the shock of it all. Though she'd made no effort to hide her force presence, she hadn't thought to actually bring her saber here. It just hadn't felt right to bring a weapon into such an event... but now, she wished she had.

Still, perhaps this was not the place to reveal herself as a Jedi. Motives behind this attack were still unclear – at least to Seva, a guest on Coruscant. She hurried to stay with the other guests being gathered to flee to safety – until she was quite near Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Theo Vereen Theo Vereen . She'd let the guard, Gorthalon Gorthalon , do his job. And she'd stay with the pack.

5m5qOKV.png
Objective: Represent the Ashlan Priesthood
Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Valery Noble Valery Noble

All had been going well. The two women were having a great conversation, while Nol stood comfortably by. The Priest had been turned to gaze Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana as he began to speak. Yet, that was soon disrupted by the shattering of glass and the elder Kobitana dropping to the ground. All hell broke loose.

The Kessurian jumped into action at Isla's behest. He ran to the noble's side alongside his prime minister, hands splayed out. As a doctor and a healer, he quickly looked over the trauma. Marovik had been shot quite cleanly in the chest.

"I'll do what I can." He spoke carefully, "His would is rather dire."

He kneeled over the dying man's body, hands hovering over his chest. Nol closed his eyes, calling upon the Force. His hands shimmered with golden light. From the priest to the noble, an exchange of energy to help heal. Nol spoke softly, with a mantra rolling off his tongue. I am one with the Force, the Force is with me

After a few moments, the healer could sense that even his skills were only prolonging the inevitable. He could sense it the Force, that the great transformation was at hand. He listened to the exchange Marovik had with Isla, bowing his head some. Nol instead redirected his powers, from healing to simply making sure the noble's last moments were at least free of some pain. As the noble gasped his last, Nol's hands dissapated the light and fell to his sides.

".....I am so sorry, Isla. His wound was too beyond even my skills." He looked up at her with apologetic, sorrowful eyes, "He is one with the Force now."

He sat there, knelt on his knees, with a rancid feeling in his gut. It was always the ones that he could not save that haunted him the most...

As Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana slipped away she heard him bless her, she wanted to ask him for permission to wed his daughter, and he knew without her asking she whispered "thank you, i will take care of her, I promise"

Isla watched the life in his eyes dimming and prayed to Ashla for her to embrace a truly good man warmly. Isla kissed him on hes forhead as he passed. Her last vestiges of strength went with him and she sobbed. She turned to Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra and spoke to him "thank you for trying, even those few moments extra that he got mean the world to me." she put her arms around the priest and held him tightly, she had only just met him, but this was an embrace of sorrow from a woman clinging dearly to a symbol of her faith and the strength in her life, she was heartbroken now. The only person who cared for her lost love as much as she did was now gone.

The Prime Minister hugged Nol tightly for a few long moments and finally released him, she looked at him apologetically "I am sorry, Ashla will give me strength to endure." she needed to get out, to get some fresh air, crowds of medical personnel had gathered and were doing their jobs. There was nothing more she could do other than pray for his daughter's safe return.

5m5qOKV.png

Alicio looked on mutely as Theo Vereen Theo Vereen jumped in front of him, not quite believing what he had just seen. Some part of him knew that Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana had just fallen, and that all hell had broken loose in the fundraiser, that there was danger near.

But he couldn't move. Couldn't feel anything, with only the taste of ash in his mouth.

Theo's insistence to check on him snapped him out of his stupor. A sudden look of fear and anguish burned his features, stormed eyes wide. "I-I'm fine," he stammered, obviously not a hundred-percent okay, but realizing he was faring better than some.

At the Prince's direction, Alicio slipped behind a desk, sitting down with his back to the hard wood, putting the furniture between himself and the window. Noticing Seva Geroux Seva Geroux walking towards them, the Alderaanian beckoned her over with an outstretched hand. "Out of the open!" he said, urgency coloring his words.

“Ms. Starstorm. Thank you so much for coming. I hope it’s not too much to ask… I wish to share something that is on my heart, and I would like for you to share it with the Alliance. I feel that it is important...”

Holly was honored to do this for the man. He was even allowing for a live broadcast. She motioned for PIMA to join her and they moved to get a better view of the stage. While others were talking and enjoying the party Holly began her broadcast.

LIVE:
"This is Holly Starstorm reporting live for HNN. I am here at the fundraising gala where Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana is about to make a very rare public address. Let's watch live."

She stepped out of the line of view of PIMA and watched the little robot fly a bit closer to get the man in clear view.

"… and so I say this from the bottom of my heart… we must not give up on hope. Please, do not give up on the dream of what the Galactic Alliance could be. May Hope City be a beacon and a reminder to all of us of this hope, of what we can accomplish when…"

Holly was just thinking that this broadcast was going to land them into prime viewing digits because of the Senator Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix disappearance. Of course she felt bad the woman was missing, but bad news always sold better and it was Holly's job to be impartial and share the news even if it was hard to hear. She pulled out her datapad, getting ready to send a message to her editor, when suddenly there was a crash as the windows broke. The senator went down. People were screaming.

IT WAS PANDEMONIUM.

STILL LIVE:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

"This is Holly Starstorm reporting live for HNN. It's pandemonium here at the charity gala on Coruscant. Mr. Kobitana has been attacked. We will bring live updates as we have them."

"Everyone down"

Yea... that wasn't really Holly's style. While everyone else was shrieking and ducking for cover the foolish blond had stood up and was looking towards the windows. She had pulled a small video recorder (not live feed. just recorded) from her pocket and was searching the window for any sign of where the attack had come from. Meanwhile PIMA was still recording the entire thing from over by the stage.

What Holly's small hand held recording device (not live) caught was the armor clad Koda Fett Koda Fett staying long enough to confirm his kill. Or at least that is how it appeared to the reporter. Of course an investigation would need to be launched. PIMA flew frantically over to Holly, still recording the entire situation.

Holly whipped out her comm unit and dialed the Coruscant police. She knew one of the inspectors direct number. When he answered he was less than thrilled. Holly was usually a pain in the behind to this man.

"What now Starstorm? I've told you I can't make a statement until the evidence locker is..."

"Listen there has been an attack at the charity fundraiser. Mr. Kobitana has been hit. I suspect he's dead. I've seen a Mando fleeing the scene. I'm going after him."

"WHAT? NO! STARSTORM STAY WHERE YOU ARE!! LISTEN TO ME! OFFICERS ARE ON THEIR WAY! STAY THERE!"

Holly hung up on the man and slammed the buttons for the lifts. They were taking too long so she threw herself to the stairs and started down them three at a time. As she ran she slipped her high heels off her feet for more speed. She burst out of a side door and jumped into a speeder, right as her little yellow droid flew in front of her, as if admonishing this type of behavior.

"PIMA stop recording."

NOT LIVE:

"PIMA fly ahead! See if you can find a Mando fleeing the scene."

The droid beeped and started to fly off in the direction Holly indicated. She was in the air in no time, foolishly flying after a possible assassin for her career.

...Oh Holly

Valery Noble Valery Noble Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Seva Geroux Seva Geroux @gor Tano Keth Peyton Steele Peyton Steele

((sorry I'm late everyone. Insane hours at work! Let me know if this post is not okay. I will edit!))

Last edited:

The lookouts on the roof came through with the report. Gorthalon holstered the weapons he was holding, seeing as no other shots were made in the following minutes, then plugged his ear with his finger to counteract the overwhelming ambient noise. – Sir! A lone figure in the distance just dropped off of a building. They seemed to wear armor, but they vanished before we could scope in on them for details. Uploading coordinates. – The beast pressed the comlink in his other ear and answered. – Investigating. Resume protocols.

He turned to face the parked speeders on the balcony, and to his surprise, saw the gorgeous Valery Noble Valery Noble also racing toward the vehicles on the balcony. His eyes widened in surprise. They haven't seen each other in long years, but Gorthalon knew how invaluable her help could be in finding the killer; and also, the former Pathfinder admired the Jedi Order greatly. As it was an emergency, the beast omitted any pleasantries and addressed her plainly, shouting over the cacophony of the troubled crowd.
– Master Jedi! – He moved with huge strides toward one of the speeders. – Care to help an old friend? – He soon arrived at one of the crafts that could fit his size and unclipped his greataxe to be able to enter it. He tore open the vehicle's door and lobbed his weapon on the set of backseats. As he walked around to take his place in the passenger seat, he commented to his old acquantance. – I think it's best if you drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom