Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let Slip the Dogs of War [Protectorate Invasion of Druckenwell OOC]

Welp, just spent a while running numbers with [member="Raziel"], our resident astrophysics Ph.D., and Druckenwell's in for a bit of pain. No impact winter -- this ain't Dromund Kaas -- but the region around the equator pretty much just went boom. I'll defer to him on the details.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
*was asleep*
Good morning
Techno Union ships... if there is a safe zone (?) will be there. To pick up ANY survivors/retreaters/people who need a ride, shower and meal.
If there's time.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Marek Starchaser"]
The closer one gets to poles of the planet the safer it should be, at least from the initial blast, so getting people out from the equator regions should be our common priority, I already sent ships in my post.

Also, instead of hyperspacing out, I think those Confederates that are left and Protectorate forces should get together for a debriefing on just what exactly the chaos happened :p

Corey's OOC

Marek/Techno Union is willing to repair all OP ships that aided in the rescue and evacuation.
I think if you /don't/ try to process the organics, we can have a meeting, [member="HK-36"]
Much to discuss.
I'll direct ships to fan from equator out to the poles. Expect a contact in my next, or reach out to Marek in your next post.

Corey's OOC

Techno Union ships and freighters are pulling people from the world.
Military was glassing.

I've been trying to play it that the TU =/= Military, even if we are a military contractor.
My intention in the thread was Marek leading a ship to assist with the initial evacuation that pulled in Danger, then pulling his ship away once the glass order was hit, to pull people from the world.

As Jorus said. We ran the ROM numbers (well we're probably within a few orders of magnitude) and the falling debris will cause huge damage to the equatorial regions. It'll do significant damage to infrastructure and lead to loss of life.

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"] stated on Page 16 that they were adding some spin to the station, so we can assume quite a bit of it will have a larger |v| as it hits atmo, with much burning up or bouncing off. However, it would probably take hours and hours at least to give it enough spin to send chunks away from the planet (given that in early posts bits started falling - in hindsight it would have been easier to make the initial assumption that it had enough spin to simply break apart safely)

The only long term effects will be from the reactors that are going to come down, which we can safely assume will be mildly explosive after what happened to the death stars....

So lots of nukes landing on cities, but not earthquakes, mountains or extinction level events.

EmKay

[member="Raziel"]
I appreciate your calculations, and shall tag [member="Ayden Cater"] to see this, simply so he can tell everyone what kind of damage to expect. Overall, it sounds like the planet will be irradiated in some areas (since "reactor leak" was supposed to be highly dangerous and require containment in EpIV), but as a whole the destruction will be nominal in consideration of what the event is.

So overall, while a 'PR nightmare' for the Confederacy, the actual damage and death toll isn't as horrible as the Protectorate had projected.

Cool.

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"], [member="Raziel"], [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Is this taking into account the fact that as of [member="Kal Strife"]'s post the CIS fleet is pulling a Malak and bombing the planet? Just asking for clarification.

EmKay

Siobhan Kerrigan said:
[member="Atretes Rhoujen"], [member="Raziel"], [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Is this taking into account the fact that as of [member="Kal Strife"]'s post the CIS fleet is pulling a Malak and bombing the planet? Just asking for clarification.
Probably not, just accounting for the space station itself.

If I recall correctly, however, Taris came out of that with the ability to rebuild with time, so I imagine Druckenwell will as well. While everyone though Taris was glassed, most of the lower city inhabitants survived and through revitalisation efforts were able to rebuild.

Before someone accuses me of downplaying the situation as happened before, I'm not trying to slide blame or anything, just pointing out that this can be repaired, if nothing else. Development threads guys -- make a story! Nothing makes a better story than devastation. You guys can use this to improve your standing by rebuilding what we destroyed, and we'll probably suffer a lot of internal conflict. It'll be fun!

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"]

Even Alderaan was rebuilt...somehow after getting blown into tiny little pieces, so yeah. Was not intending to be accusatory.

Well, I had fun having Siobhan throw large chunks of space station while super empowered, experience a force drug rush and get plenty pissed while everything got wrecked around her. Rage Sio is best Sio. Exterminatus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom