Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Legend of the Drunken Jedi Master

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Two-piece suit Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Third Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor

emily-bland-asset.jpg

Jax leaned against the counter motioning the bartender to give him another glass of Nova Blast. It was like what? His fifth maybe sixth glass? Jax lost count. In his younger years, Jax loved to drink often frequenting bars to get drunk or flirt with pretty women. It was a nice escape considering Jax back then was filled with guilt after Master Oda died saving him from his recklessness. He liked all sorts of beverages: Red Dwarf, Cassndra Sunrise, Flameout as long as there was some alcohol, Jax will be drank it. Though Jax wasn't fond being addicted to the drink, he did posses fond memories such as beating a Wookie in a drinking contest, single handedly starting a kumbaya song with hostiles on Voss. He even went drinking with his first Padawan: Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin though she wasn't legally allowed to drink back then.

Jairdain Jairdain helped Jax overcome his alcoholism though he did slip back after his encounter with Carnifex and it continued during his self-exile until he met Aveline and Myvette Faeli Myvette Faeli where he became sober again. But now here he was back in a Cantina in the lower levels of Coruscant drinking. Jax had a lot on his mind where did Jair disappear to? Does Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic still hate his guts despite being the one who took him back to the NJO? Does Caltin think he's a failure? Will Myvette fall to the Dark Side? What is the nature of Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl ?

So many questions...... It was best to not focus on them for now. Better to focus on a project he'd been working on since he returned. The development of a new fighting style, he invited Connel to the Cantina to talk and so he can be the first student of this craft. Of the students he trained in that session, Connel displayed an impressive display of hand to hand combat. Best for him to be the first to try Jax's new style out.

We will either find a way, or make one.

54895.gif

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
emily-bland-asset.jpg
Tags: Jax Thio Jax Thio

What’s that old saying? “Oh what a difference a day makes.”?

Well, it’s been a week and I don’t really feel any different. It’s odd when you think about it, I was so worried about what was going to happen coming here that I had this big shindig in my head going on. I mean, Mother told me the stories, I READ the stories about Father, and now I am a part of the Jedi Order. That’s not the weird thing, I grew up in and around the SJO and such, Frak, I was a flippin’ Antarian Ranger for Force sakes, I should not have been so nervous.

Oh well.

It’s weird that Master Thio wanted to meet me here. Heh, maybe he thinks I’m a drunk or something, who knows. I don’t really know why the people here keep giving me double looks, it’s not like I am the first ever Jedi they have seen. That’s something for another time, mainly because I’m in my own head about it. The only one I should really thinking about is why did Master thio really ask for me to meet him here?

Am I in trouble?

Is he going to ask me where I learned things?

By the Force… he’s not going to ask me to… No… no… nonononono… I don’t swing that way. I mean, not that there is anything wrong with that if he IS… Calm down. If he is, he is, if he’s going to ask, I’ll just politely turn him down.

Speak of the Devil. There he is. Hope he’s not drunk.

“What can I getcha’ hon?” The waitress, she’s cute, but has an accent like this should be a dive bar, or a diner.”

I’ll just have an Elba Water, or some Blue Milk.

“Sure thing…” Did she just roll her eyes at me? Whatever… A quick and respectful bow is customary to someone more skilled… yeah Dad, I heard you. I was paying attention.

Greetings, Master Thio. What can I do for you?

NnQ2yw5.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Two-piece suit, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Third Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"Aric," Jax said smiling. "Sit next to me I've been wanting to talk to ya!"

Jax's vision was starting to blur and his body began to sway back and forth as if he was light as a leaf. He was starting to get a buzz going, it took a lot more drinks to get Jax drunk. Jax remembered at the height of his alcoholism, he would consume 10 beers a night. Ot wasn't even enough to knock him out, though Jax would often stumble around spewing out vulgar words that he never thought would be in his vocabulary. "First of all," Jax said while the bartender slid another glass of Red Dwarf in front of him. "Your swordsmanship was impressive! Bladework was randomized and executed with liquid precision!"

Aric's Lightsaber style reminded Jax of Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Gramps always had surprisingly good foot work and precision despite being made out of muscles. Jax took a swig of Red Dwarf forcing it down his throat and felt a burning sensation in his chest and stomach. It felt as though he swallowed lava. "It prompted me to teach you a special style that I've been developing during my..... vacation away from the NJO."

Only a few people knew why Jax left the Order, it was best to keep it that way. The last thing the public needs to hear is another son of Carnifex in the Jedi Order. "You'll be the first to learn this," Jax continued taking another sip. "It doesn't involve a use of a Lightsaber but it is derived from a lost art style. I've found a Holocron chronicling the lost Lightsaber style and it inspired me to develop a hand-to-hand variant so to speak."

He continued to stare at Aric. "Are you interested in learning it?" Jax smirked taking another sip.

I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
Jedi-Guardian-519353141

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Coruscant
MISSION: Nightcub drinking and chatting
TAGS: Jax Thio Jax Thio

Tags: Jax Thio Jax Thio

I’m not sitting next to him, that’s just weird. I’ll sit across. This dude is drunk off his butt. Is this how Jedi act now? Calm down, it’s not the end of the world, and it IS a club. Alright, the question is what does he want? The guy didn’t ask me here to dance or pick up women.

Right?

I’m interested in what he has to say, even if inebriated, the man is a Jedi Master and I want to learn more. I mean sure, I am going to have to teach a Padawan of my own some day, but I could still learn something from others, right? Anyway, he looks like he has been in a fight or two, the cybernetic eye, the arm, that is actually worrisome. I’m not looking for a fight, is that what he wants from me? I mean sure, father has a reputation for the good he’s done, but…

… am I looking at this wrong? That’s a conversation for another time.

Thanks, but isn’t there more to being a Jedi than using a lightsaber?

Ironic that Father would be the one to tell me that.

I mean, I had a great teacher, and I’m sure you have a lot to offer, but do you think that I really need to learn another lightsaber form?

Then he explained further, and hopefully the look on my face that I just realized that I had explained that I misunderstood. He wants to teach me to fight. Why? It doesn’t matter,I should take this as a compliment, so I will.

Well, I’m not sure why you think that I’m so special as to be the first to learn this skill you want to teach. That being said, I would be honored to learn from you, Master.

"Sure!"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Two-piece suit, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Third Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

Jax finished off his drink while Aric continued to babble about not being good enough to learn a form. "Stop playing the humble act buddy," Jax chuckled. "I'm the Jedi Master with hundreds of duels under my belt, I recognize talent when I see it."

Jedi should remain humble but there were some who were humble to a fault. In order to reach one's true potential, they must have a belief in their own abilities, otherwise they'll end up capping their potential. "You are a worthy," Jax said before he slapped the glass of blue milk off the counter, it landed on the floor shattering to pieces. "But in order for you to prepare my student," Jax smiled. "You are going to need to get a little buzz going."

It wasn't necessary to get drunk for the technique but as Aric gets better, he'll need to get used to being under the influence to fully utilize the fighting style. "Order an alcoholic beverage," Jax said. "Anything and It'll be on me."

jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

MISSION: Just chilling at a Cantina

What the Frell?

Why is this dude so determined to be like this? If this guy is a "Master"... stop… not nice. I mean, maybe he has a point about "confidence", but humility is not a lack of it, whatever, it's not like I didn't just accep this offer. There is a problem with him and his …

… aaand there goes my milk.

There is no point telling him that I don't drink, he won't listen to it in the stupor that he's in. I guess I… wait, is that waitress Chiss?

Could ch'ah get bta ch'atvah vim k'ir hah ch'ean'i ch'atvuwut, csei s drim'a ne'ip'off. Ch'an'viuh could ch'ah get ch'a Nerf burger vim fries? Bin'vi.

Thank you father for teaching me Cheunh! Slipping her a quick bunch of credits that should cover it and the tip, I won't let Thio pay for me. Anyway, back to him.

You didn't need to make a mess to make your point.

Loose Cheung translation - can you get me another Blue Milk and make it look alcoholic? This drunk won't back off. Could I also get a nerf burger and fries? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax chuckled he was a bit tipsy but if one needed to learn the ways of the drunken knight, then they better have alcohol as their best friend. "I needed to startle ya," Jax said. "I can sense that you're a little tense Aric relax."

The Chiss arrived with the drink that Aric ordered while the Jedi Master continued to study him. The kid was very jittery and unsure of himself, it doesn't help that Aric was very vague on where he came from or who his Master was. But Jax was got the feeling that Aric was an introvert trying to be less guarded of himself. Ironically, Jax was the opposite growing up, he wanted the center of attention when he was a youngling. Now that he was getting up there in age and has experienced many horrors in his life, he lived more like a recluse.

"Just one drink, It'll prepare you for what I'm about to teach." Jax said. "The fighting style is derived from a lost Lightsaber style called: Kofoku the way of the Monkey Lizard. It's a variant of form 2: Makashi and it deals with creating false openings to lure your opponent into attack and then you take them down with a variety of randomized attacks."

jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

MISSION: Just chilling at a Cantina

Now he's sizing me up, why? What is the point of this? His request, I wish he would just get to the point as to why I'm here. This obviously wasn't a social call, he wants to teach me something, but drunk? Nope..

With respect, Master Thio, I am relaxed, I just don't like surprises is all.

Not a lie, not at all. Great, he wants to teach me to fight? Really? I can go to Father for that. This monkey form doesn't sound like my cup of tea anyway.

Master Thio, again, I don't mean any disrespect and I am indeed grateful to be considered, but this sounds like trickery. It doesn't really sound to be for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom