Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Language

Seriously, guys. Consistent, repetitive reports of such can result in a banning. We've only banned 3 members, mostly for spamming or attacks on the board, let's not raise that number because of something stupid like offensive language.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Akio Kahoshi said:
Language filter would be nice to catch the accidentals.
Yes, or even the people who have a tendency to curse and don't realize that it isn't allowed in a PG-13 board (like me for example)

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Ragnar Wulfe said:
Yes, or even the people who have a tendency to curse and don't realize that it isn't allowed in a PG-13 board (like me for example)
This being said, I apologize for any cursing I have done so far.

One of my characters has a tendency toward swearing... a lot. Soldier and such. Always have to remember to go back and put the star wars one, which just lacks the impact. Which is not to say I don't understand the PG-13 rating.

not to point fingers, but im thinking a prime example of this topic is post number 58 of the thread From the ashes, a phoenix will rise..... my guess is that hes been watching too much NYPD blue ?

It's not like it'll get you instantly reprimanded... All we'll do is send you a PM saying "Hey man, lay off the swearing please."

It's the repeat offenders that start to escalate things. It's just that with the amount of exposure this site gets, we try to keep things family friendly. Keep the swearing to what the movies were...

"Then I'll see you in hell!" -Han Solo

Eventually, the profanity filter will be implemented without issue. For now, it is down due to technical difficulties that actually were more disruptive to the site than actual swearing (ie. "Attack was banned").

For now, please refrain some swearing beyond what the Wookieepedia articles allow and what would make the board PG-13 .

Ragnar Wulfe

R
I feel I gotta say this now, but it seems like most of my cursing here came when I made Vlad, then quickly lost interest in him and then made Ragnar, and now lost interest in him and made Mako Oda... cause believe me... being an altoholic can be VERY annoying, and so can dealing with one in a board like this.

We understand individual issues, but this particular issue extends beyond yourself. We're not knocking and individual circumstance or persons. SWRP Staff is just saying "Please, there are alternatives, let's use them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom