Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Kreuzer-Class Heavy Transport Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
ra_an_kreuzer_sandviper_klasse_by_nikitatarsov_d78o0gm-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a heavy Transport Cruiser
  • Image Source: [X]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Starship medical bay
  • Standard starship repair hangar
  • Standard starship cantina
  • Standard starship crew quarters
  • Standard starship communications array
  • Standard starship escape pods x10
  • Standard starship gravity generators
  • Standard starship Internal Blastdoors
  • Standard starship bridge well
  • Standard starship emergency systems
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Highly Automated: Due to the high automation of the ship, it can operate with little to no operational crew, allowing for more soldiers, equipment, etc to be carried along. It also grants this ship an amazing efficiency and effective use of its systems throughout, with the High capacity of the Zeus Mk II to thank for this ship's safety and efficient programming.
  • Flexible use: Thanks to having a very fast hyperdrive, a very high number of support squadrons in its hangarbay and the capacity to utilize either drop pods, boarding pods or a limited number of starfighter squadrons, this ship can have roles both for armies as the providing ship for troop transports an gunships, but also as an incredible support vessel in larger fleets to deploy bombers or as mentioned: boarding pods. Added in that it's mobility is around the average of ships of its size, it should theoretically be capable of outmaneuvring larger ships.
WEAKNESSES
  • Highly Automated: Though the droid core and many of the internal systems are well protected, EMP and ION weaponry are still capable of severely disrupting the systems on board this ship, forcing the Droid core to reboot and thus shut down several of those afflicted systems temporarily, it also means that if the droid core itself is damaged, it will need significant skill to safely pilot this ship in manual modus.
  • Low Speed rating: Though this ship is particularly designed to be a reliable transport cruiser, capable of turning the tide in battle when used correctly during any combined assaults on planetary and aerospace targets, it is lacking in general speed, meaning that it relies heavily on favorable conditions and its own defense to weather a battlefield rather than it's general agility.
DESCRIPTION
As the N&Z executives realized that the way fleet battles and planetary operations were changing over time, the company set up a team of engineers and designers to formulate a new line of cruisers to be fitting for thse newly developped stratagems within the galaxy's numerous navies. The stipulations and demands from the company to the engineers were such:

• They wanted to have a solid defense against common weaponry: This was reached by utilizing the well known properties of the Ersteel 145 compound as internal plating and external plating with additional impervium coating and tunqstoid lining. Additionally, the recent NZ SS-1 primera shield system would provide ample resistance on top of the already use of proper materials. Lastly, well placed energy sinks, heat sinks and the typical for N&Z products Carbonite coating would also allow for atmospheric manneuvres without much issues during entry and exit of planetary atmospheres.
  • They wanted it to be highly automated: This stipulation was a given, since the N&Z specializes in automated ships due to its heavy use of the ZEUS Mk II in most of its spacefaring vessels. Additionally, the NZ SAP-1A sensor system has been outfitted with the additional ZEUS Mk II for extra safety and competence in the regard of having the best possible and broadest possible knowledge on the ship's surroundings.
  • They Wanted a large hangar bay: This was simply to accomodate for larger numbers of squadrons, especially support craft which have been chosen as the main focus to this ship's carrying capacity. The engineers and designers maximized the use of space by utilizing flat surfaces as much as possible within the ship's design, allowing for maximal use of limited space and extremely efficient use of materials.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Credius Credius

Two things before I can approve this. First, can you please specify your hangar rating? Right now I've got it marked down as Very High - 7 Squadrons, but, I want to make sure that's clarified on the submission. Second, just as on the previous submission, the 'use of exclusive technology,' is not going to cut it for me. So if you can swap that out with something more viable for combat/pvp I can go ahead and get this moved over to approved for you, apologies for taking so long on the review.

Fiolette Raaf I'm still going to edit the weakness, though I wonder what you mean with the hangar part, it literally says what you're asking xD the rating in color, plus the allocated hanger space of that corresponding rating to the length of the ship as stated in the template for cruisers. I never had anyone complain about it before, so I'm a bit confused to what you're asking in that regard.

EDIT: also just replaced the weakness by a straightforward one, given the strengths are based mainly on straightforward stuff too I don't think this poses a problem, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom