Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech NZ HP1 Turbolaser Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
alexander-solovyev-firstiterasiin.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To design an in-house Turbolaser for Nargath Holdings
  • Image Source: [X]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Nargath Holdings
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: NZ HP1
  • Modularity: This weapon placement can be mounted in frames allowing up to 4 combined HP1 Turbolasers in asingle battery.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Reinforced Durasteel frame and barrel, Duralium internal plating and mechanical components, Plasteel molded shell, Heat Resistant Carbonite coating, electrical components, electrum wiring
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Turbolaser
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Gas cannisters, in case of ship placement powercells are made redundant by coupling to ship reactors.
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average [capable of firing at long lengths of time prior to needing a cooldown, thus deserving the 'large moniker']
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Stopping Power: High
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Heat Resistant Carbonite Coating
  • Internal targeting systems
  • Internal Ray shielding
  • EMP resistant inner plating and shell
  • mounted on platforms capable of 360 degree rotation
STRENGTHS
  • Heat Resistant: Thanks to the use of various preventions to dissipate accumulated heat generated by friction and use of the concentrated energy gathered from the connection to a ship's reactor core, this weapon needs relatively short cooldown periods between volleys, thus somewhat relegating the ammunition capacity or continuous firerate to a moot point.
  • Internal Shielding: The NZ HP1 has the unique implementation of internal ray shielding to improve the weapon placement's defenses against in particular electromagnetic pulses and ion pulse reverberation.
  • Definitive Allrounder: A weapon placement with no inherent cripling weakness. There is no real downside to this weapon.
WEAKNESSES
  • Definitive Allrounder: A jack of all trades, master of none. This is basically the middle child among the turbolasers, not the strongest, fastest or most accurate.
  • High Recoil: Though considered to be a jack of all trades, the high recoil may impair the accuracy of this weapon's shots, thus using a volley of multiple weapon placements is adviced to provide maximum accuracy.
  • Explosive: When a turbolaser placement using gas cannisters to generate heat for the lasers is hit in the right place, it doesn't just disable, but may very well explode and cause massive damage to the ship or vehicle it is placed upon.
DESCRIPTION
NZ commissioned this weapon fromit's subsidiary Nargath Holdings to at long last have an in-house designed and built staple turbolaser for it's many ships. With the intention of it being an easyto produce and maintain weapon that can be used on a wide variety of ships and vehicles, but can also be placed on buildings or ground based platforms for military use. The end result was a weapon that boasts a decent allround performance, with a sturdy and reliable nature befitting a mass-produced weapon placement.

Last edited:
Credius Credius

Currently you are two ratings over what is "Balanced"

Due to the construction of Kyber Crystals within the weapon, I recommend reducing the Production rating of the weapon.

I am also gonna ask you to provide me with another suitable weakness for this weapon. While it is a jack of all trades, its using a Kyber crystal as its main source of power. Not something I am keen on seeing being thrown around when Lightsabers are limited to Semi-unique and have less destructive power than what this weapon would have.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

I'm using the 5.1 spreadsheet on ranged weapons and it is balanced, not 2 ratings over, calculated this twice. I removed the kyber crystal core even though the reason why lightsabers are semi unique has actually nothing to do with the crystal core as they aren't limited to kyber; it's simply a good material for building a refraction lens. So without a core this also technically isn't a laser, but more a plasma blaster gun (which aren't lasers) it was also NOT using the kyber crystal as a source of power, but the ship's reactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom