Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Koroshkil (Screamers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
33615868e8435f125509859e43240bdd.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Koroshkil AKA “Screamers”
  • Designation: Semi-sentient
  • Origins: Lab altered
  • Average Lifespan: 500 years
  • Estimated Population:Scattered
  • Description:
  • The Koroshkil, also known as Screamers, are a four legged insect like race whose bottom half appears almost entirely symmetrical with appendages made for stabbing into the ground, or prey, and an upper torso that vaguely resembles an armored humanoid but which morphs into two more dexterous limbs like the legs, and a grotesque face and large jaw with six deep set eyes on each side set at different positions. The creatures are often yellow but red and green have been known to be found.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Does not breath
  • Average Height of Adults: 2.75 - 3 meters.
  • Average Length of Adults: 2.5 - 2.8 meters
  • Skin color: Black and yellow, red, or green.
  • Hair color: None
  • Distinctions:
  • The Kroshkil are a large insect-like race with several sharp limbs and appearing rather armored. They are primarily quadrupedal with an almost symmetric lower body and a more mobile upper body with two more limbs akin to the lower ones. These limbs make them excellent at gripping large bodies of enemies, fighting, and climbing certain kinds of terrain. The females are particularly large and more commanding, but not more aggressive.
  • Races: Yellow, Red, and rare green, patterns may be found. But otherwise no known variations.
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
Strengths:
  • Armored: The Koroshkil have a dense exoskeleton which makes them extremely hard to damage. The only areas that are easily vulnerable are the joints at the waist, the neck, small areas in the underbelly, and the eyes. These can stand up to the majority of melee weaponry and most common blaster fire or slugthrowers but will chip against them. The only way to be sure to kill one without considerable firepower is through the waist, neck, or between the jaws, which means you have to let them know you’re there.

• Sight: The number of eyes on the creature are actually different from one another. One set of four is extremely sensitive to light allowing them considerable vision at night, but are able to recess completely into the head during the daytime. The second set of four is much more resistant to the light and is used when in the bright day. And the last set of four are the most strange, as they are in fact more akin to ears and are able to show them soundwaves as if they were visible. This is because the Koroshkil don’t otherwise technically possess ears, but these “eyes” grant them the ability to selectively hear in the direction they’re looking. This makes any noise in front of them clear as to where it’s coming from, though it cannot determine the details of sounds as easily as it does intensity and origin.

• Dexterous: The creatures are extremely fast and are known for overwhelming groups of fighters with a flurry of, typically, beheadings by jamming one or both of their upper torso spear like appendages into the neck at an angle. This same dexterity is what allows the creatures to attack very large prey and keep up, as they stick their appendages inside to climb them and injure them.

• Breathless and sleepless: The Koroshkil do not in fact “breath” by the traditional sense. They get all they need through feeding, which means feeding requires considerably more prey than most creatures do. And the process of feeding is more complex. As a result if a Koroshkil has a certain disease it can die even if it is eating and digesting most of the food. The Koroshkil as a result are able to travel both on land and in water huntin in both. And have even been known to have survived in space, though they often die due to lack of food. The creatures also do not in fact sleep, and spend almost all their time hunting.

• Communication and scream: In order to communicate the Koroshkil use a mixture of smells and verbal warnings. As a result most Koroshkil are easily discovered when nearby, but usually unavoidable if they’re after someone. They do not have lungs and instead use muscles at their waist to draw in air and force it through their shells at intense velocities causing a powerful screaming sound.

• Intelligence: The Koroshkil are intelligent enough to understand and obey commands and can be easily trained. While they do not have enough dexterity to operate most machines, few creatures possess the same level of group tactics without outright sentience. Even among their own species in the wild they have been seen having things like guard duty, feints, and trickery. Though not as intelligent on average when compared to the Shgurak, Vran’ti Sky Dragons, the Koroshkil present a more varied level of intelligence which occasionally may verge on sentience in extremely rare cases. Some have come to believe they could become sentient if they were properly altered.
Weaknesses:
  • Food: The Koroshkil are almost always either eating, or hunting. And can die from merely ten hours of not eating, as even if they are fed afterwards while still alive, they may die from the exhaustion of digestion before they can receive the nutrients from it. In just eight hours they’re already considerably weaker.
  • Social: The Koroshkil almost always will die without other members of their own race. They have difficulty on their own and are almost always in massive groups. A koroshkil without a family is a koroskil who probably won’t even last a month, even if they are fed properly, as they often just give up lacking purpose.
  • Mass control: In order for anyone to even hope to make use of the Koroshkil, they have to use them en masse. This means incredible amounts of food, large forms of transportation or going by foot, and often requires numerous guards or the efforts of a telepath for any group that haven't been very well trained.
  • Openings: Even for the armored creatures there are weak points. Under the chest armor around the waist, where they suck in air for their screams, there is a spot of muscle that is not as well armored and could be attacked from the front, below, or side, which would seriously wound the creature. Even a light blaster could manage to hurt it if it hit it. There is also an area around the neck which could be deadly if stabbed, and the eyes themselves are weak points.
  • Won’t shut up. One problem of working with or near any Koroshkil colony is the screaming. Since they communicate through screams and scents most people who have to work with them are almost certainly experiencing hearing loss if not treated, and are liable to be wearing ear muffs at all times. This is extremely bothersome and can be damaging to people's sanity even.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore: They will eat animals or plants and often require a combination of both. They don’t have particular preferences and just eat whatever they are able to as the only thing they need to survive is food.
  • Communication: They communicate through loud screams and scents.
  • Technology level: The Koroshkil may be able to dig for colonies and may push objects, but are unable to make or use most technology.
  • Religion/Beliefs: None
  • General behavior: The Koroshkil are an extremely social species to the point of lone Koroshkil inevitably dying of depression as they stop caring to live. They operate in every way as a group to take down large prey and numerous enemies. Short only of some sea creature, the Vran themselves, and the Shguraks, the Koroshkil are by far the most cooperative and some of the more dangerous beings on Vran’ti. They mate mostly indiscriminately and have little sense of individuality. It is common for there to be some sense of ranking, with females commonly being in charge, but they do not have trouble replacing leaders most of the time and typically can work entirely as a group.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Koroshkil were originally a much smaller race which thrived in the ocean floors. However like with many creatures that the Vran Biologically alter, they increased their size, and intelligence. The Koroshkil had their brains, nervous system, organs, and structuring, manipulated through use of comparing it with other species and remembering the way they changed the intelligence of the Shguraks but adding on a more social requirement to hope they would become more docile to Vran influence. Though this technically worked, and Vo Ni with a focus on controlling animals, may control them with ease, and they work as great soldiers if properly controlled and cared for by experts, they also became reliant on socialization. The creatures additionally began consuming intense amounts of food in order to sustain themselves. The Koroshkil are a great deal younger than the Shgurak’s in terms of when they were altered, however it is probably that their original species was a great deal older, as they require no need to breath. Meaning they could potentially have come from a time when the world barely even had a breathable atmosphere.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Krae Krae

A very nice submission. The note on their not breathing reminds me of the canon Anzat species.

That said, I think this could benefit from some clarification between these two points:
  • Breathes: Does not breath
  • Openings: Even for the armored creatures there are weak points. Under the chest armor around the waist, where they suck in air, there is a spot of muscle that is not as well armored and could be attacked from the front, below, or side, which would seriously wound the creature. Even a light blaster could manage to hurt it if it hit it. There is also an area around the neck which could be deadly if stabbed, and the eyes themselves are weak points.
If they're not drawing in air for respiration, then what is the biological or anatomical function here? I assume its just to fuel their screams?

As far as the template:
  • Permissions: My world and species.
This should be N/A if it contains only your work and does not draw on the submission of another writer.

Mass capture: In order for anyone to even hope to make use of the Koroshkil, they have to capture them en masse as a result of their social requirement. This is an issue because the Koroshkil are so good at their own tactics that it requires well hidden and thought out traps or chemicals in order to subdue them. But at the same time if they are subdued they can die from lack of food.
Just as a suggestion, the way that this weakness is worded makes it seem more like a strength. While I understand the strength of the Koroshkil's pack tactics, I'd suggest highlighting how they might do poorly in captivity as a corresponding weakness. But I leave that up to you.

Those are my thoughts. I look forward to yours in reply. Please tag me when you have completed your edits.

Zak Dymo
Well looks like I need to change others to N/A cause I have two other species on here with that in there lol.

I changed the suck in air to mention it being for screaming. I did mention under their Communication and Scream "They do not have lungs and instead use muscles at their waist to draw in air and force it through their shells at intense velocities causing a powerful screaming sound."

I also changed the Mass capture to mass control and explained they required to be kept and moved in great numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom