Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Jungle Inferno

d8d6o5t-2493717a-fddf-42a6-b9f5-c346d416ec54.jpg

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

R6Vpl0i.png
Felucia, a jungle world hostile to its own lifeforms let along an outsider like Diodoros. Although it was very hot and humid the golden man didn’t care much. Having been well accustomed to the nauseous swamps of Nal Hutta which he would likely return to when he was done here.

He was on the hunt for a beat, one of the local apex organisms. Corrupted by the Dark Side of The Force years ago by Sith magicians when the planet was within their sphere of influence. Diodoros trekked through the dense foliage, cleaving through that which gat in his way with a high-tech machete. In his other hand, and resting on his shoulder was a long hunting rifle, affixed to the end of which was a slender vibro-bayonet.

Stepping into a clearing, Diodoros followed the large imprints in the ground. As well as noticing big gashing claw marks along a large tree nearby. Fresh sap still oozing from the cuts, it was recent. He was close to his prize, very close now. Knowing it wasn’t long before he’d be able to find the twisted jungle rancor, and that it was going to be a hell of a fight.

“Wish you could be here, old friend…” Diodoros softly spoke, patting the soft fur of a cape that draped over his shoulder. Which was unmistakably wookiee in origin.

Last edited:

Felucia
div-orange.png
Outfit: Jungle outfit | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber | Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Diodoros Diodoros

Valery felt at home in the jungles of Felucia.

They were very different from the jungles on New Cov, and certainly less dangerous, but there was still something familiar about them that she loved. The fauna and flora all around her, the warmer weather, and the fresh air and peaceful sounds of nature that you just couldn't find anywhere else. Valery had prepared for it by dressing up in her old Jungle gear, and even brought along an ordinary machete alongside her lightsaber.

Not that she needed it too much — she'd just jump one from tree to another, bouncing her way through the jungle on her way to her destination. A corrupted beast was terrorizing these parts of the planet, and as a former Jedi Shadow, she was the most suited candidate within the NJO to hunt it down.

But somewhere along the way, Valery's senses picked up on another presence within the jungles that stood out. It wasn't a Jedi, but it certainly wasn't an animal or plant either. Perhaps someone who had gotten lost, or someone who was here to hunt as well. Either way, it piqued her curiosity and from high up in the trees, Valery followed him until she finally spotted him down below. He was tall, muscular and looked like a hunter with the cape of fur that he had on.

A sign that worried her just a little, but wouldn't stop her from confronting him.

Without warning, Valery jumped down from a tree several stories high, and elegantly landed a few meters in front of him, as if it was nothing. "Can't say I was expecting to find someone else out here."

R6Vpl0i.png
Diodoros was rather startled as the woman dropped down in front of him. Stepping back a bit and cocking a brow at her. He himself was not Force Sensitive, however, on a necklace he wore there was a blue gemstone which radiated Force energy. Something the golden man was actually unaware of, despite how it has affected him. Diodoros glanced at the woman before him, top to bottom and bottom to top. She looked adventurous with her attire, like she was in her element here in the jungle. Hearing her words he smirked, also sheathing his vibro-machete on his belt.

“I would say the same thing, given the beast that roams these lands.” The shiny man figured she too knew what was out here, possibly for the same reason as him. Part of him wondered if he would be okay with sharing the glory of this hunt with a stranger like her.

Diodoros tilted his head some, “I’d ask if it hurt when you fell from Heaven, but seeing how well you stuck the landing there, I take it that it wasn’t a problem for you. Haha He couldn’t help himself with the cheesy compliment, and also didn’t know the woman standing before him was a renowned and accomplished Jedi. That golden statuesque man had seemed to mistake her for a huntress. Which wasn’t wasn’t even too off the mark considering she was a former Jedi Shadow. Other than perhaps feeling apprehensive of her possibly ‘stealing’ his kill here, she wouldn't’ sense much of any hostility within Diodoros. At least not yet…

Last edited:

Felucia
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery perked a brow when he wasn't even trying to hide looking her over. But as he did, Valery noticed something she hadn't quite picked up on when she was still up in the trees. While not Force-sensitive himself, he carried something with a presence in the Force, which began to make her wonder. How had he acquired it, and why was he keeping it? For now, she pushed those thoughts aside though, and simply nodded.

"Ah, so you are here to deal with the beast." She glanced at the fur cape and his choice of weapons again. He really did look like a hunter, so she wasn't too surprised. But Sithspawn were no ordinary beasts, so she wondered if this was perhaps going to be a little too much for him. It'd depend a lot on the kind of Sithspawn.

Then, Diodoros decided to make a rather flirtatious comment, and Valery visibly rolled her eyes, "Did you have to think long for that one?" she asked with a chuckle. "But no, I'm a Jedi so that did not hurt." She paused for a moment then, and looked him over once more before letting out a soft sigh. "You know what you're getting yourself into going after a Sithspawn, right? They're very tricky beasts to fight."

R6Vpl0i.png
He gave a little shrug to her response, “Just a little, only because I knew it was a foolish question to begin with.” After saying that Diodoros had a glint of excitement in his eyes when she mentioned being a Jedi. “I’ve never met one of your kind before, only heard stories. Legend has it you all are the galaxy’s most distinguished warriors… I’ve always wanted to fight a Jedi.”

The golden man let his words hang there for a moment as he eyed the individual standing before him. As if briefly contemplating engaging in combat with her at this very moment. “I suppose that I may need to still wait for my chance another time it seems.” He was already here for something else, and had to keep his eye on the prize, which she soon asked about.

With his free hand he rested it on his hip, smiled and gave the Jedi a confident nod.
“Absolutely, this isn’t my first rodeo against such fiendish creatures. I’ve fought a few in my career. Even faced off against a normal Rancor before…” Diodoros looked away for a moment as if recalling something. “Regrettably it wasn’t in single combat though, and was a group endeavor.” He spoke as though that meant it cheapened his victory. He didn’t really know much of anything about The Force or even the origins of Sithspawn, he just had experience with fighting them. Then a thought suddenly seemed to cross hi mind "Sorry where's my manners, my friends call me Dio." He said before offering her his hand. It wasn't just his friends that called him that, everyone did, as was customary for his species he almost never gave out his real full name. Because of this he didn't ask for her name in return.

A moment later the two of them could hear some powerful thuds growing louder as well as the ground beginning to shake. With the two of them here together with their unique Force Signatures outshining much of the living Force that surrounded them on Felucia. it seemed to lure the Sithspawn they were both after. Diodoros perked up and began to face the direction of where it was approaching. “It seems as though the prey is now fancying itself the predator…” He remarked before grabbing the long firearm he carried in both hands now, and activating the vibro-bayonet affixed to the end of it. The blade gives off a noticeable buzzing noise now from its vibro generator.

After readying himself The large sithspawn finally made its way into the clearing, casually knocking away the large vegetation that was in its path. Looking down at The Jedi and Big Game Hunter the beast let out an angered roar. Along with the natural armor this special breed of rancor had it was covered in vicious looking thorns, spikes and barbs. This wasn’t going to be an easy battle, and although it would likely pain Diodoros to admit it, he’d probably appreciate the Jedi’s help…

Last edited:

Felucia
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery raised an eyebrow when he mentioned wanting to fight the Jedi, and stared him down through the brief silence that followed, "I know what you're thinking, but maybe another time," she said with a faint smirk, agreeing that he'd have to wait a little longer. "I think it's a safe bet to focus on this beast for now." If they were to fight for fun, she just knew the beast was going to appear and interrupt it, and potentially catch them by surprise.

Maybe another time, she'd go for a duel with him.

"Rancors are serious trouble, but some Sithspawn go far beyond that. As long as you know what you could get yourself into, I don't care though. But I do suggest we work together, and if there's any money in it for you, don't worry about having to share it. I'm not here for credits and I don't care if you want to get all the credit for killing it either." Valery was here purely to cleanse this world of the Dark Side beast, and that alone would satisfy her already.

Diodoros then stepped forward to introduce himself, and Valery reached forward to shake his hand with a smile, "I'm Jedi Master Valery Noble, a pleasure to meet you, Dio." She grinned but the more calm moment was quickly disrupted when it seemed the beast had already managed to track them down. Good thing they hadn't agreed to spar here, or else they'd be in a lot more trouble now.

"Well, at least you have experience with Rancors, hm?" Valery asked before drawing the hilt of her double-bladed lightsaber into her hand. Two violet blades ignited, and she offered him a quick nod.

"Let's handle this together."

R6Vpl0i.png
For Diodoros it wasn’t just being able to claim that he bested the sithspawn on his own, but actually doing so was just as important. He had no desire to rob Valery of her credit here either. He believed people should be recognized for their accomplishments. She also shared her name, her full name to him. Not that it really matters too much, it was polite and respectful even if she didn’t view it in the same cultural lens as him.

When she readied herself he glanced back, checking out her weapon not too similarly to how he looked her over earlier. He’d never seen a lightsaber before in person, and didn’t know that they could have a second beam of energy either. When she mentioned working together Diodoros gave a nod. “I Concur…”

Raising up his rifle to aim through the sights towards the corrupted Rancor. Squeezing the trigger where a loud
POW shortly followed. Blasting a slug out of the long barrel, covered in a yellow glow before making contact with the rancor. Breaking a spike or two off its thick shell like hide but ricocheting off with an audible snap. “Those thorns are gonna be a problem!” Diodoros noted, thinking it would make getting close to it just that much more dangerous. Cycling another around into the slugthrower the Rancor looked down at the golden man and roared once more. For getting shot at, it began to rush in and close the distance on Diodoros over Valery. Readying itself to give him a mighty slap. However, he seemed somewhat ready for the attack, but reckless for looking like he wasn't going to avoid it.

Last edited:

Felucia
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"I Concur…"

That was a good sign, at least, and Valery felt nothing from him that suggested he'd shoot her in the back. If he tried anyway... well, the gigantic rancor that appeared would probably eat him alive. If she didn't find a way to take him down herself. Diodoros then opened fire, breaking off some of its horns in the process, but it was obvious enough to them both that this beast had very resilient skin. It was going to take a lot more than just a single shot to take it out, and getting close was not easy.

"I'll manage!" She called out, but as the beast began to charge at her new companion, Valery knew better than to dash in its path. Instead, she raised a hand and snapped a large tree in half with the Force, before throwing the entire thing straight into the side of the Rancor. It wouldn't kill him, but it knocked him off-balance and caused it to roar violently.

"Now!" Valery then yelled over the sound of the beast, hoping to get Diodoris to take advantage of the opening she had tried to create for him.

R6Vpl0i.png
Despite Diodoros’s rather eager demeanor for the fight, he actually flinched some as he heard the tree loudly snap and get tossed into the monster. Taking a step back, his eyes wide with astonishment, but it also filled him with excitement at the prospect of being able to fight and beat someone with such power. But the time would come, he needed to focus on his current hunt.

As the beast stumbled to the side it brought its arms down to keep itself up right. Clearly dazed from the sudden impact of having a tree telekinetically chucked at it. Hearing Valery’s words, Diodoros took another shot at it, mostly just to confuse the Rancor with who it should attack first. He would then try to take advantage and rush the monster. It's dark beady eyes looked down at the man before leaning in to grab him with its long arm before he got too close.

With the bayonet on his rifle it was much like a spear, and he held it up and stabbed the blade deep into the palm of the rancor’s clawed hand with ease. The weapon’s vibro-generator worked to maximize the damage it dealt to its hand. Mostly internally under its durable skin. The Rancor cried out from the pain, pulling its arm back from Diodoros. Frustrated with the golden man it quickly retaliated with a powerful backhanded strike. This time making contact with the hunter and sending him flying back a good few dozen meters in the opposite direction. His body harshly tumbling against the ground like a weighty ragdoll before crashing against a tree. It seemed like some pretty lethal damage.

The rancor then finally attempted to push itself back up with its strong arms into a proper stance to focus on the Jedi. But when it applied pressure on its hand Diodoros stabbed, the beast fell over. The deep puncture of the vibroweapon doing a lot of internal damage and creating a new vulnerability for the sithspawn as it attempted to get back up.

Felucia
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery's attack had opened up a chance for Dio to deal a lot more damage, and he wasted not even a second to take advantage of the opening. With a shot of his weapon, he confused the beast first before charging forward to stab right into its hand. The beast roared in pain, and Valery's gaze narrowed. Not because she believed this fight to be over, but because she felt a sudden tremor of danger in the Force.

Just not one meant for her.

"Dio, watch out!" She called out, but it was already too late — a powerful backhand sent him flying into a deadly roll that ended with the man crashing into the tree. Valery's eyes widened, and she wanted to rush over to help him, but that would only expose herself. So with a burst of speed, she charged forward, and watched the beast struggle to get up. This was her chance, and with a leap over the creature, she moved towards its weaker side, before aiming a thrust up for its neck.

The purple blade cut into its flesh, forcing out another cry of pain, and the beast stumbled back before falling over again. It wasn't dead yet, but Valery now had a chance to check on her companion.

"Dio?" she asked, her eyes searching for his body by the tree.

R6Vpl0i.png
The violent tumble and impact he suffered left a loud ringing in his ears, a gnarly headache and a whole lot of sore pain. Fortunately however, as he tumble the crystal he wore as a necklace, his ‘good luck charm’, flared up and helped protect him some. He felt the ground shake some as the Racor fell back over from Valery’s attack.

From the ringing in his head he couldn’t really hear Valery very clearly when she called out to him. He let out a pained groan and began shifting some. Slowly picking himself back up. He had a lot of scrapes and soon to be bruises across his golden body. One of his arms had become pretty jagged and his neck was folded in an awkward and painful looking position. "Ugh..." Was all he managed to get out through labored breaths.

As Diodoros struggled some to get to his feet the Rancor was still a threat. Still having a hard time to get itself back up, it looked to the Jedi with a furious gaze. With it’s good arm the monster got a solid grip on the tree she used to against it. And with a sudden movement tossed the tree at Valery as if to try and give her a taste of her own medicine. Although forceful and dangerous the throw wasn’t great given the beasts vulnerable position. As the large log and branches crashed and rolled against the ground towards the Jedi Master.

Felucia
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Despite the immense hit he took when the beast had struck him, Dio somehow seemed to still be alive. There were very few people who could take hits like that, especially those without Force-sensitivity, so she began to wonder how he did it. Was he of some kind of species she couldn't recognize just by looking at him? Or maybe that gem around his neck had a bigger influence than she thought.

Either way, he was alive and that meant she'd have to protect him until he could move on his own again.

"Can you walk?" She called out, now placing herself between him and the beast to shield him. The Rancor had taken a good hit and was getting weaker, but it was more than strong enough to lift the entire tree she had thrown at him earlier. He then threw it towards Valery, but the Jedi Master didn't move an inch — she just raised her hand, and froze the tree in mid-air, before it exploded into smaller chunks from the pressure she exerted on it.

"I need you up or I can't go after it," she told him. Even though she technically could, she didn't want to leave him alone and risk the Rancor going after him somehow.

R6Vpl0i.png
Diodoros leaned himself against a tree for support. His fast regenerative healing is already in full swing to try and get him stable. He brought his hands to his head, realizing it had been broken from the impact he took. Firmly gripping himself, with a forceful and unpleasant crack Diodoros set his neck and head in the correct position. Although he was going to be sore for a while thanks to the tumble he took. Now his hearing began to return to him.

Taking hold of his broken arm he straightened it back into proper shape as well. With some unsettling crunching from the limb. The golden man sharply inhales through gritted teeth from the pain of having to relocate his bones. He listened to Valery call out to him. “Y-Yeah!” He simply replied, Diodoros was able to stand and walk, but not much else now. His rapid healing wasn’t fast enough for him to be of much use now unfortunately. Although he didn't want to just run away.

After the tree crumbled from Valery’s force energies the Rancor finally managed to get itself back up, mostly by straining against it’s good arm and hand. It’s eyes were still fixed on the Jedi. She was the bigger threat to it and radiated The Light. It let out another roar before stepping closer to her. Balling up it’s clawed fingers it brought its arm down towards with a momentous hammer-fist strike in an attempt to pummel her into the ground.

Felucia
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery was glad that she wasn't looking at Dio.

Even just the sound of him... fixing up his bones? It was disgusting, and made her happy she had a gigantic Rancor monster to focus on instead. The bad part was that staying still to shield Dio had allowed the beast to finally rise, and after being stabbed several times, it was angry. Dio was still trying to get back up to his feet, so it recognized Valery as the bigger threat and charged for her to slam its gigantic claw down toward her.

Luckily, Valery was fast and agile and waited for the last possible moment to escape the attack. She dodged aside, allowing its claw to hit the ground and hopefully destabilize it while it caused a mini earthquake, and was right back on top of the beast. This time, she climbed over its back and jumped up towards the creature's neck, where she attempted to drive her blade straight through its spine.

If that didn't kill this beast, she felt confident Dio could finish the job.

R6Vpl0i.png
Since he lost his gun in the tumble, all that Diodoros had now was his vibro-machete which he unsheathed with his ‘good’ arm. Healing from his wounds took a fair bit of energy however, and drained him of his stamina. Nothing that a good meal for dinner couldn’t fix however.

He watched as the Jedi woman deftly maneuvered herself on top of the monstrous rancor. Astonished with how she could do so. Diodoros quickly found himself less interested in killing the rancor, and more interested in testing his mettle against Valery or one of her contemporaries afterwards. It didn’t even really matter to him anymore that he didn’t get full credit for the rancor he was hunting. The sithspawn attempted to reach back to grab her off of it. But it was too late.

As Valery stuck the beast’s back it instantly crippled the monster. The plasma blade quickly breaks through its back paralyzing it from the neck down. The fight was over, even if the rancor wasn’t actually dead yet. It once more collapsed, this time forwards and on its stomach. Incapable to pick itself back up now.

With some obviously pained and sore movements Diodoros finally approached. Many of the more minor injuries of his were already healed. His eyes are still trying to focus after the dizzying tumble blurring his vision. The sithpawn rancor let out a dejected and angered huff. The Hunter knew that he could simply drive the machete’s blade into its head and finish it. But his blue eyes shifted towards Valery. “I know you said the credit wasn’t of any interest to you. But the kill belongs to you Ms. Noble.” Diodoros believed she earned it fair and square, and that it was not his place to finish off the Rancor and deliver a killing blow to it.

Felucia
div-orange.png
Weapons:

The moment her blade cut into the beast, she could feel it losing much of it strength underneath her. Her attempt had been to cripple it and open it up for a finishing blow from her temporary companion, but it seemed to have done much more damage than she had anticipated. The massive rancor crumbled to the ground underneath her, its hatred still strong, but now almost equally matched with fear as it couldn't move anymore.

It had lost, and it knew what that meant.

Jumping down from the beast's back, Valery landed in a puddle of water and sighed as it splashed up against her pants. After her display earlier, this didn't feel quite as elegant anymore. But her attention swiftly turned to Diodoros, as he offered her to take the kill instead. She raised an eyebrow, but wasted no time and quickly stabbed the lightsaber through the beast's eye to meet as little resistance as possible, before reaching its brain.

It was dead in an instant, and Valery pulled her blade back out to disengage it.

"You doing okay? That looked like a pretty nasty hit, but you... look surprisingly not-hurt?"

R6Vpl0i.png
Even now, Diodoros was still seeing stars as Valery asked him if he was okay. Glancing over at her he gave a weary nod. With a smirk he replied, “I’ll be pretty sore the rest of the day. But nothing a big steak dinner won’t fix. Us Firrerreons can be pretty hardy, much to the ire of my competitors.” The golden man looked back to the now slain beast.

“It’s a shame they’re so warped now. Back on Nal Hutta their ribs were some of the best meat in the galaxy I think. But I imagine whatever corrupting influence overtook the rancor would make eating it very unwise.” Diodoros said rather regretfully. Showing some interest in slaying the beast for more than just sport or protecting the local communities.

What he said also seemed to hint at a general lack of understanding with The Dark Side. Diodoros really just knew that Sithspawn were a thing but not much else. He brought his hand up to part back his platinum blond hair which had gotten pretty raggedy from the hit he took. Looking back to Valery he asked, “You seemed to handle the beast really well. I take it you have experience with this kind of stuff Master Jedi?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom