Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jungle Boogie - The Dominion of Rakata Prime (One Sith and The Underground)

Objective: 1
Allies: One Sith
Enemies: Underground

Vaulkhar lowered his borrowed ship down onto one of the various landing pads set up by those who have already arrived. As he eventually came to a stop upon the landing pad,the cockpit of his ship opened and he jumped out. Landing with a soft thud, the cloaked acolyte looked about for a moment, searching for the commanding officer of the site. Failing to find anything, the blind man simply turns about and heads towards the beginnings of the jungle. If he had remembered correctly after meeting his half brother and the small adventure the two had went on, he was expected to join him somewhere upon this planet, relatively close to the landing site. Heading north from the site to find his brother, he made his way into the jungle with relative ease for a blind man.

After five or so minutes of traveling, he came across [member="Enoch Zambrano"] standing side by side with a relatively large cat creature. He stopped to consider whether it was a good idea or not to approach with the creature beside him, but he merely shrugged off the notion of fear. It was unlikely that the creature would attack him, unless ordered to do so. And if it did attack, he'd simply slay the creature.

"Greetings brother."

Vaulkhar stepped out from some foliage, batting away the buzzing insects around his head.

Objective: Fighting through the jungles to the Temple of Ancients
Allies: [member="Enoch Zambrano"]
Enemies: Nasty beasts and creatures

Kark.

Of all the times for it to malfunction, it chose now. Her armour's atmospheric control systems which also controlled the suits's cool system had broken down, leaving Greta to the mercy of the hot and humid weather of Rakata Prime. Sweat had began to build up within her armourweave bodysuit as she began to perspire. Mentally, she was cursing Enoch for inviting her to the hot tropical world. Here she was, sweating away as she waded through the dense vegetation of the jungle.

The blonde had left her helmet off, appreciating whatever cool air she could get from the surroundings. Thinking on the good side of things, Greta thought to herself. This would be good endurance training anyway. I'll get out of this karking planet a stronger person. Crunches and snaps were heard as she homed into Enoch's comm signal, eventually finding the acolyte sitting next to a rather large feline, probably a new acquisition of his. Seeing the irritated look on his face, Greta returned an equally annoyed look towards the man.

"I'm here, I'm here. Sooo.. I've heard of the numerous dangerous beasts that prowl these woods. Seen any yet? My blade's itching for some action. Anyway, I'm sure we'll meet some on the way to the temple.

"This is Rakata Prime, after all."

Allies: OS
Enemies: Bugs

The jungle was nothing more than a hot sticky mess which she didn't want to deal with. The problem was that it was the only way for her to get to what she had her eye on. The temple of the ancients was said to have a great many secrets and goodies hidden within the walls. She was quite determined to make it there in one piece and was willing to do what it took. This was good training she supposed.

She had been in battles before within jungles so this should be a piece of cake for someone like her. Keziah would be keeping her guard up though as she didn't know what lurked within the jungles. There were predators all around her and unlike a war in which she knew the enemy here she didn't.

Sighing Keziah pulled her red hair into a ponytail as she began to venture into the forest towards the temple. As she did she could hear the sounds of different creatures all around her. It was something she would need to adjust to as she continued her adventure. It would do her no good to jump at every little sound. She would never get to her destination if things did end up going that way so she wouldn't allow it to.

Objective: 3, Fight the Underground, steal the Mind Prison
Allies: [member="Darth Vizios"] (not meal)
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] (meal)

"I'm Trin," she offered with the barest of smiles. Given that her brother had plans to murder most of the galaxy, she usually didn't vocalize her last name right away. There was always a chance that Lucas had karked with the wrong Sith. Darth Vizios mentioned coordinating. Strategy, schmategy. Trin just wanted to kill things.

"I just got here," she said, brown eyes darting about the jungle. "But according to our intel there are some fringe Forcers in there." She could feel them, one in particular had a strong and strange aura. Weird Force powers, weird Force signature. The weirdo Forcer would be a challenge. Trin decided she would eat him first.

"How do you want to go about this?" she asked, noting the way that the other Sith male looked at her. Her half-Anzat mind fraking looked like it was already working. Or maybe it was just her fine bod. Whatever. Maybe she would eat him for desert.

Yeah, now her hunger was so deep, she was thinking of courses.

[member="Vrag"]
Khallesh turned up her nose and grunted. She tried to look indignant at the question, when in fact it left her mind floundering. It was as Jun Phaath kept repeating: the Yuuzhan Vong needed to evolve and adapt to find their place. Did that include absorbing aspects of infidel culture into their own?

"I met some Yuuzhan Vong who had completely immersed themselves in native culture," she said. Khallesh had very confused feelings about Willard, and whilst she tried to keep a stoic expression, there was a distant stare the Vrag might notice. "I found meeting him rather shocking," she added. Them, you meant to say them

"I am, perhaps, rather set in my ways Vrag. It is hard for me to find the aspects of your hedonistic culture that I would find acceptable."

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Unlike the Commander, the High Commander was very well versed in the old dance that [member="Khallesh"] liked to call 'hedonism'. It didn't quite do it justice, though the term fit perfectly to many of the facets that the infidel culture wore. It was this intimate knowledge that the firrerreo possessed that tipped her off to the slight inflection in the Huntress' tone, and her lips curled back into a triumphant grin behind the skull. It would be so easy, calling her out and digging into what was clearly a point of contention in the seemingly conflicted Warrior.

Then the Yuuzhan Vong spoke again, and Vrag was reminded of why she never did any of those things; not with enemies, and certainly not with those she could call allies.

"You presume I care, Commander," she replied, but there was no edge to her tone. Just facts.

The Sith, such as she was, held the other's eyes a moment longer, then turned on her heel and marched off into the cool shadow of the woods, sighing in relief as the chill of a sloping mountain washed over her. The canopy was woven of darker greens, here, its rustling fabric interrupted only rarely by thin columns of light that filtered down through the branches and spilled in small circles over the rotting leaves below. Her strides were made softer, her presence less harsh as the bed of putrefying organic material cushioned the crack of her boots against the ground, and had the woman stilled for a moment, the black and rust of Ygdris' plates would have painted her easily into the backdrop of earth, trees, and darkness.

She never stopped.

"What you do clearly works," she called out to Khallesh and glanced over her shoulder again.

"So why change it? It would be foolish of me to think that I know best. That is why each warrior must find their own path."

[7/20]

Objective: Much pew. Many lasers. Such ships. Wow.
Allies: [member="Thanith Gumara"]
Enemies: [member="Rekha Kaarde"]

::Fething showboys, knew they'd do this.::
::Can it two. Corp's gonna have to get on the main frequency, and we don't want to step on toes.::
::Yeah yeah. I hear you.::

"So can it then, both of you."
She snapped down the comms, forcing her flight into an uneasy silence. Three had been right - they couldn't just fly pretty and slag off the golden-boys of Warfleet Hell Hammer in a battlezone and not expect to get some repercussions, and she wasn't willing to stick her neck out for stupidity, even if they were family. Or as close to family as anyone gets these days... She flicked a few switches on the interior of her cockpit, switching her channel over to respond to Valkyrie's hails...
"Valkyrie this is Flight Corporal Proga of Kuat's Hope. We see your boys coming in and hear you loud and clear - beginning attack pattern Bravo Echo Delta Five."

Her flight moved in, changing their trajectory on the fly to match that of the Freighters sudden change in direction. As Valkyrie came in to flank the republic vessel, Kuat's Hope swung about to straife over the top of the cockpit, in a space-age version of the game Chicken, while throwing out a small spattering of turbolaser fire towards the front of the freighters hull - the idea was to cause either a minor hit that would slow the ship, allowing Valkyrie to finish it off, or to shake up the inhabitants of the ship so much that they made an error and banked away from their destination.

[SIZE=12pt]Objective: Get to Coren on the surface[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Location currently: Space headed towards Rakata Prime[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Allies - [member="Coren Starchaser"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Enemies - [member="Kyra Progra"] | [member="Thanith Gumara"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rekha and the Captain were in a freighter but it was an Underground freighter not a Republic one. Republic would have gathered too much attention and the writer should have made mention of it before this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]However now with two looking at them as they flew in, and the turning of ships towards them and they were firing on her! Well them! Rekha looked over at the Captain, “I wish we had some fighter support right about now” Rekha felt her foot begin tapping on the deck plate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Maneuver us, or let me fly” yes she was an impatient little thing and she wasn’t use to be fired on, “raise whatever you have for shields, and give me flight control” Rekha grabbed him by the shoulder shoving him to the co-pilot.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“what have you got for weapons on this flying brick” Even her ship handled faster than this, but Rekha would push the freighter to the limit, she throttled up and pushed the freighter towards the atmosphere. She’d make sure they didn’t bounce off and into the space.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Captain on the other hand was scrambling to get weapons. Rekha saw the damage, and didn’t blink. Would take more than that to scare her off.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“What model is this thing?” She barked at the Captain, he stuttered for a moment, “929”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Great so we got something, so if you wouldn’t mind fire that fething lasers!” Rekha suddenly wished she had brought [member="Malcom Renolds"] along with her, or [member="Remy Steele"] or [member="Eliza Steele"] as extra hands would be great right now, and extremely helpful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Captain was calling for a droid, well hell he didn’t mention the droid as he headed to fire off one of the lasercannons. The Captain was cursing and yelling something about her buying him a ship, right like that was happening. Then the lasers came to life, obviously the droid was firing the other one, thank the goddess for some things.[/SIZE]

{3/20}
OBJECTIVE: 1
ALLIES: One Sith
ENEMIES: The Underground

Jungles, as Ire was quickly finding out, weren't exactly exciting by themselves. Sure, they had plenty of plants, if you liked those. And there was the wildlife too, if you liked animals. But there weren't any exciting or bloody things for her to enjoy in the average one. Nope. So far she had managed to lose eight or so men to absolutely nothing, step in something, and nearly suffer a heat stroke. Oh, but what great fun she was having.

Invade Rakata Prime, they said.
It'll be fun, they said.
THEY WERE WRONG.

Or so thought the Sith, up until the point that she saw an unfamiliar shape in the distance, past a grouping of trees. There, beyond the branches, stood a trio of armed warriors. Quickly Ire gestured for her sole companion to pause, hoping that they hadn't been spotted yet. When no shots were fired in their direction she reached out with the force to try and discover their identities.

'Twas then that she realized her mistake: One of them was undeniably force sensitive.
And her probing had, undeniably, alerted them to her presence.
Maybe this'll be fun after all...

Objective: 3 The Egg
Allies: OS

Communication had switched to non-verbal as they split up, hilts in hands to check on the dig site they located. Fela approached first, cautiously checking the signs of activity and looking at the trail off through the dense vegetation leading away from the neatly dug hole.

"Looks like this one was recently abandoned. Temporary shelter. Judging from the intel, I think this is a secondary site. If I had to guess, this was a outpost for scouting."

Sinistra stepped through the brush, nodding at Fela's conclusions.

"Agreed. I think they were beating a hasty retreat. Let's assume that path might be trapped. Take left, I'll go right. Stay in sight of the trail but try to avoid detection as much as possible.

Fela nodded before she slipped back into the shadows of the jungle and continued her pursuit. Sinistra watched her go, turning her attention back to the dig site. There was something that felt off about it. Accessing the maps they had gleaned from Lan Porgata's hard drive, she overlaid the current scouting maps and cursed. It was missing. Several of the locations on the map did not line up with current surface models. The Muun was crafty.

She took off into the jungle again, this time due east from her position, and calling Fela over coms.

"Changing destination. Meet me at new coordinates, transmitting now."

Fela acknowledge with a chuckle.

Objective: Y
Allies: Flaming Bumble Nopes
Enemies: NPC

It seemed that the time for conversation had come to a close. The stoic warrior had no response, nor had formed any further questions in her mind. Instead she revelled in the purity of physical exertion. Testing her physical limits was a challenge she could relish. Questions of philosophy and culture were for the other castes. The humidity was becoming more tolerable, though it would perhaps have been easier to stay in the lowlands, sit down and remove some armour to achieve the same effect.

Shards of light cross-crossed her path, as she weaved back and forth between the obstacles. Over time the gradient became more challenging, the pace of their run eased off. The vegatation became more sparse, exposing them to the direct light of the sun, but at the same time a cooling breeze ran through the cracks in her armour. As they broke from a copse of strangely twisted trees Khallesh came to a halt. The terrain ahead of them was simple grassland, but as it stretched away from them it become increasingly rocky. It would not be long before they were scrambling up steep rocky slopes on all fours, rather than running. It was only a few moments after they stepped out into the clearing that a deep growl reverberated across the plain.

Khallesh dropped to her haunches, head turning back and forth quickly as she tried to hone in on the source of the sound. It was certainly coming from high in the mountains. Perhaps something had spotted them and was issuing a warning. Whether it was aimed at them, or more of the creatures was an interesting question.

"You know much of the native species?" Khallesh asked, a glimmer in her eye. Perhaps they were deadly.

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
And so they trekked.

And they trekked. And trekked. And trekked. And T— wait.

Vrag stopped dead in her tracks — or was that treks? — and pulled back into the meagre shadow offered by a nearby shriveled tree, bending her knees to make herself a little less conspicious in her current environment. It was a bit of a stretch, hoping to blend with the surroundings as she crouched there in the middle of a sloping, craggy terrain littered with shrubbery, jagged rocks, and the occasional overgrown bush (otherwise known as a midget tree). Oh, well. When you put on a spiked armor with a skull and horns in the morning, you didn't really go out expecting anything of the sort.

Then again, you also didn't go out expecting to land on the wrong continent of a target planet and spend the next few hours discussing philosophy with a Yuuzhan Vong Huntress while trekking — yes, trekking — through a humid backwater of a jungle while sweating like a motherkarking pig.

Understandably, Vrag was a bit frustrated.

"Why the kark would I?"

So, understandably, she snapped when asked a rather dumb question.

"I came here to conquer, not —" she waved her hand at the air in search of a phrase that would do the ridiculous situation justice, "not trek." Ha! Bet you didn't expect that punchline.

Vrag was about to turn and move cross-slope into the other direction when the rumbling growl rolled downhill again, and soon after followed its origins.

Vrag didn't take that step.

The thing easily dwarfed the few trees sticking out from the mountainside, casting a long shadow over the rocks as it climbed from its lair. Long, death-dealing claws raked against the bleached stone, adding to the racket of its growls, and the large maw gaped with long, sharp teeth that put even the talons to shame. A trio of beady eyes stared at the treeline from each side of its head, scouring the landscape for prey with both sight and smell as its nostrils flared.

Karking sweat.

Vrag squeezed the hand that had come to hover uselessly in the air into a tight fist and pulled down with little hesitation, yanking a boulder from its precarious resting place with the Force as she sent it tumbling towards the lumbering beast.

[8/20]
[member="Khallesh"]

[member="Vrag"]

Khallesh permitted herself a silent prayer to the Twin Gods. The day had been spoiled, but now she had pushed herself to the very edge of her physical limits and now she was being tested by this magnificent creature. A broad grin spread across her face as she observed the beast. Clearly an apex predator, it was a creature of stunning beauty. What evolutionary path had led to his giant monstrosity with wicked claws that could likely impale her right through her armour? She was tired, she was exhausted, and this beast was very likely to kill her.

She turned to Vrag, cocking her head to one side. She shot her a smile full of teeth. “Why do you look so put out? This is a glorious day!” With a whoop of glee she pumped her legs hard, accelerating towards the beast as the boulder hit the creature square in the back. The boulder split in two with a mighty crack, throwing the beast onto the ground. That gave Khallesh the opportunity to leap over the claws and run along the top of its arm, arachnostaff in hand.

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Glorious my ass.

She didn't bother speaking out loud, knowing that the phrase would be met with either confusion or derision, or perhaps both. Some things were simply fated to be forever lost in translation. So instead of mocking the difference in approach and customs that now became glaringly apparent, Vrag followed behind the unduly excited Huntress as [member="Khallesh"] sped uphill and launched herself onto the broad back of the temporarily felled beast.

The Hand briefly wondered if this was where she'd meet her end — in some Forceforsaken corner of an ancient jungle, never to be heard of again — but then the sound of crunching gravel pulled her back into reality as she watched the great monster buck and heave under the rubble of the rock she had used to down it.

How much time did they have? Three seconds? Five?

She wasn't a hunter, or at least not a hunter whose prey trod on four legs and spoke no language other than that of growls and sneers. In fact, she could hardly even claim to be a hunter of men, for her views on combat and death left little space for honor and rituals that hunters so often engaged in.

Vrag, simply put, was a killer.

Her muscles, aching and tired, pushed her up despite the pain, and the horned warrior circled around to the the beast's other side. At some point during the swift ascent, the woman had reached for her trusty lightsaber, and now the red blade hissed to life straight at the monster's limb, searing and remorseless.

[9/20]

Objective: 2 Plow the Field (aka Dogfighting)
Allies: One Sith [member="Kyra Proga"]
Enemies: Everyone Else [member="Rekha Kaarde"]
Squadron: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31252-ki-es-mki-aka-the-axe-wing/#entry439541 x12
[4/20]

When the freighter opened fire Thanith broke high and right.

"Valkyrie attack pattern Gumara."

It was a move viewed by most as insanely suicidal but something they drilled over and over. Thanith himself simply corkscrewed buzzing the top of the freighter about center of it's length. Valkyrie 2 broke high and left buzzing across the top of the cockpit. Valkyrie three high and right passing over the tail end of the freighter. Valkyrie four instead of going high dropped down and left popping under the freighter about where the cockpit would be. Lastly Valkyrie five dropped down and right passing under the tail.

Each one passed within a few meters of the ship. They continued on their individual lines before looping back and firing on the freighter from five different directions at once. As they did the radio sprang to life.

"One this six moving to engage."

Thanith hit the comm.

"Six hold position and watch our backs."

Frankly the entire squadron reforming mid maneuver was more dangerous than Thanith was willing to do not knowing if Kuat's Hope would be able to handle the sudden changes at those speeds.

Allies: One Sith

Vaulkhar stood silently off at the side of [member="Enoch Zambrano"] after making sure he knew that he was there. Rakata Prime was a strange place for him. He'd been to many places within the galaxy, as he would tend to wander around quite often. But never before had he been to a planet that was basically just a massive jungle. He did have to admit though, it was a rather beautiful planet, from what he could tell. Looking down, Vaulkhar studied the feline creature beside his brother, Enoch. It was large, it was dangerous.... and it was a cat. Go figure. Opening his mouth to speak, the sudden arrival of [member="Darth Noxia"] stopped him before he could even begin.

She appeared not to notice Vaulkhar, which worked all the same for him. He stood off to the side, arms crossed over his chest while he focused upon the area around him. Though they were only a few miles (or kilometers really) from the landing site, anything within the jungle could easily catch them while off guard, so the young sith was careful to keep his concentration up and scan the area around them for any force signatures that were above average. Not feeling anything worth note, he turned his blindfolded head to Darth Noxia, peering out from around Enoch. He raised an arm and waved at her.

"I suppose we should stop standing around and get started with the mission."

[member="Vrag"]
Khallesh had hoped that she would have had a few moments on the beast's back out of its gaze. Instead she looked up to see one of its multiple sets of eyes staring down at her. The beast bucked and sent her several feet into the air. As she came down she was forced to take drastic measures.

Screaming out in rage as the back of her hand was split open, the blade emerged from her arm slick with her own blood. One quick thrust sent the claw into the beast's back, securing her position. Her free arm gripped the neck of her arachnostaff. No motion on her part was required, the weapon was quite content to bring its venom tipped tail down again and again.

Unfortunately the monstrous predator managed to maneuver its clawed around around. It barely caught her, but the Yuuzhan Vong was sent flying to the ground. As she rolled back to her feet her hand came away from her side damp with blood. Those incredibly sharp talons had effortlessly pierced one of the softer parts of her Skerr Kyrric.

Objective: Kill
Allies: [member="Darth Noxia"] [member="Vaulkhar"]
Enemies: The Unfaithful

"Hail, mighty Vaulkhar!" Enoch raised his hand in the air as his half-brother approached, his voice dripping with sarcasm. However, his smile to the man was sincere. While Sehzade was lying on the ground, Enoch rolled over, moving to sit on top of the massive beast. Enoch sat atop it like a horse, and the beast simply opened its eyes, looking back to Enoch. With a snort, Sehzade dropped his head back to the ground. Enoch could feel her presence coming before she appeared in the little circle, and he looked in her direction. He watched intently as her orange eyes jumped out at him through the forestry.

"Greta, darling. How nice of you to finally join us!" Enoch looked back down to Sehzade, giving the beast a mighty slap on the shoulder. The cat rose into the air, stretching his legs.

"You're correct, Vaulkhar, he should be on the way. Anyone want to hop on? Enoch scooted forward on Sehzade, and he waited a bit, before Enoch shot out the command to walk with his mind towards Sehzade. The Kralin Montaj were a large species, yet their legs were rather short. Enoch's toes grazed against the ground as Sehzade walked, but thankfully their torsos were so large, it made up for their stubby legs.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Fight the Underground, steal the Mind Prison
Allies: [member="Trin Gravois"]
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"]

"We do this quietly of course," Xander said noting the way she was looking at him. She seemed hungry, but not in that way. Xander wasn't really familiar with species, but he knew there were ones out there that fed on the life force of other living things, force energies, and the like. Hopefully she wasn't one of those, and if she were, hopefully she wasn't keen on feeding him. She was too pretty to end should she attempt it. "We need to get in without getting noticed. You think you can deal with the guards outside? I'll take care of the security feed."

Xander reached out with his mind and found a link with the security equipment. A brief thought sent a current of energy to overload the motherboard. There would be no repairing that, and no one would know thenforce had been used there may be suspicion the place was under attack, but if the entire system went out as a result of the mother board, then it wouldn't be too bad. With a nod Xander let Trin know it was okay to proceed. It was time to see what this woman could do. After all, the 847 year old King was always one to surround himself with powerful women regardless of their stature or title.

"Guards, then I'll get the doors open. Once they are open and we get in, then we deal with whatever comes our way. You want that egg? I'll let you have it. I'm just here to let off some steam."

Eyes looked the brunette over once more. Yeah, it wasn't the fact she was half Anzat, it was definitely her body. It was quite the view to admire, and Xander did enjoy looking as much as he liked touching. He was getting a string vibe to not touch this one though. There would have to be an invitation for that, and he wasn't sure it would come. Emerging from the foliage, Xander made his way to the structure they were about to invade.

Objective: 3, Fight the Underground, steal the Mind Prison
Allies: [member="Darth Vizios"] (not meal)
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] (meal)

Good. Darth Vizios was going to let her have the Mind Prison. Trin initially thought that if it came into her possession, she would hand it over to higher level Sith officers. But as she watched Darth Vizios disable the security system, she found herself devising other uses for it. Uses that involved her brother [member="Lucas Gravois"]. The Mind Prison could be a bargaining chip for those times when she needed something from him. Or perhaps she could find a way to keep him in it. There were certainly possibilities...

Trin noticed the way that the other Sith stared at her body, and she rewarded him with a demonstrative smirk. Then, she turned her gaze back to the guards, silent and unblinking like a predator. Igniting her red blade with a snap-hiss, Trin used the Force to enhance her speed, and was a blur of motion as she advanced on the first guard. With a powerful thrust, she stuck her lightsaber into his gut, then quickly swung around to deflect a blaster shot from the other guard. She moved forward in a straight line and lunged at the other guard, cutting him down just as quickly as his partner. She frowned at the two lifeless corpses. Such a good waste of food.

Instead of waiting for Darth Vizios to take care of the door, Trin used a powerful burst of Force telekinesis to break it down. So much for a stealthy entrance. She quirked a brow at her admirer.

"You coming, then?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom