Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Council - Expansion

Hello All,

We are looking to expand the Jedi Council. Your (if your a Jedi) Council currently consists of:

[member="Corvus Raaf"] (Grandmaster)
[member="Phylis Alince"]
[member="Kana Truden"]
[member="Ryan Korr"]
Kian Karr (that is me for those of you not paying attention!)

The High Jedi Council in Canon had 12 Jedi Masters on it. Seeing as we only have 5, we felt it best to expand a bit and open up more voices in the Council Chambers!

So, what are the qualifications?
  • Activity - You should be a member who is active in the faction
  • Galactic Republic Jedi - You must be a Jedi who is, first and foremost, a member of the Galactic Republic Jedi Order.
  • Jedi - You must be a Jedi....it is the Jedi Council after all.... ;)
  • Master? - We are looking for members who are Jedi Masters, however exceptions to this rule have been made in the past and will be considered on a case by case basis.....but no padawans!
The current members of the Council are going to consider each name that is put forth carefully. Those who volunteer or are nominated (you can nominate) are not guaranteed a spot on the Council but they are guaranteed a fair consideration by us :).

We are going to be implementing these positions as term positions. The Jedi Council in Canon had permanent seats and also seats that were only held for a term. For the purposes of this we'd like to keep these seats open as a term position until we see how the Jedi who settles into it handles the position.

Any questions or thoughts?

AND LET THE VOLUNTEERING/NOMINATING BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!

NOMINATIONS:
[member="Varus Shatterstar"]
[member="Tyl Ro"]
[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]
[member="Mak Manto"]
[member="Jannik Morlandt"]
[member="Zaren Bouqi"]
[member="Nefertari Sovint"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
What does the Jedi Council do? I assume you meet together to do Jedi'ish things and take votes about stuff. But like, Is there any interaction with the Silver Jedi, the Jedi Academy's Satellite groups, or the Sanctum? Just wondering.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Phylis Alince"] Teferi, Watts, Wraith, Halycon, Dragonsflame, etc. Didn't they all make Grandmaster? Sh'maybe. :)

[member="Megan Rhymes"]

The Jedi Council handles a couple of things as the IC advisers (I say advisers because we don't really have 'leaders') of the Jedi Order:
  • We discuss the Jedi Order and the trajectory it is on (e.g., the biggest such discussion was when K. Grayson proposed having the Jedi leave the Republic)
  • We meet with Dark Jedi and Sith who wish to join the Order and see too it that their rehabilitation is handled properly
  • And each member tends to handle a specific task of the Order (e.g., heads of the academies).
Are these duties only for the Jedi Council, no. The trajectory of the Jedi Order is something all members are involved in, but the Council meets to discuss these things and makes recommendations. Is there more the Jedi Council could be doing? Absolutely!! :) One thing that we are looking to do alongside the expansion is doing more with the Council and we are open to ideas on this front (I'd like to see tournaments, more missions, and such - although I allowed the tournament I started to atrophy a bit....).

The main role of a member of the Council is to provide a cool head tempered by experience.
[member="Phylis Alince"]

What are you talking about.....I don't see nothing..... ;)

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
nothing better than self-advertisement.

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

but if anyone asks, i've never heard of this guy.
Hasn't had use in a while, but I've been wanting to use him recently, just haven't been sure where to throw him.

I'd offer myself to the purposes of the council as a seer, but as many know, I haven't been terribly active since mid-March due to life upheaval, which has since been resolved (evidenced by my heavily increased presence on the board and on Skype).

I'm more than able to spend my free time as I please, these days. As such, my activity will be flourishing. I don't expect that a promise of activity is enough, but that is something I leave up to the council. :)

Tionne Thanewulf said:
I nominate [member="Varus Shatterstar"]

Several reasons
a)he does not have cotton candy for spine
b)he looks like he can provide beating to a and take beating from a Sith
c)because he looks like a sex god
I second this nomination. [member="Varus Shatterstar"] belongs on the council.

ufoIiy7.gif

hdV1Je4.gif

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ilias Nytrau said:
[member="Tionne Thanewulf"]

Your bias is unbecoming. :p

"Quick Bannon! We need to get Tio out of that Jedi Prison with Vega inside it." - Jay Shaun

"Nah my young Apprentice. I think she likes it." - Zakk Bannon

"...Oh. Um. Well. Okay. Um. *cough* ..So. Should we just go pester Ket again?" - Jay Shaun

"Yeah. He's not that kinky." - Zakk Bannon

Conversations of a Jedi Temple

I'd like to nominate [member="Tyl Ro"]. I'm certainly biased, having known him outside of Chaos, but I can also certainly attest for his writing skills in that role. He would be a good addition to the Council, not only for his character's age and experience, but relative newness to the Jedi Order, giving him a guest/stranger's perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom