Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Council - Expansion

Megan Rhymes said:
Is there any interaction with the Silver Jedi, the Jedi Academy's Satellite groups, or the Sanctum? Just wondering.
This was a recent topic and not limited to the Council. Some external Jedi bodies have formal interaction, others don't.

For example, Corvus is the liaison for the Silver Jedi. If someone wants to be the liaison for the Sanctum for example, they only have to ask.

Putting me on the Council might be a bit hasty.

[member="Quorl"], however, has never not been a Jedi and is a proven winner when it comes to maintaining factions and being a reasonable, wise writer with a lot of expertise.

[member="Michael Sardun"] has been back recently as well. Wasn't he on the Council back in the day?

Thanks for all the input and yes, you're all right, it's not a vote.

To echo Kian's opening post, we'll be considering if a Jedi is active, is a GR Jedi, does stuff* for the Republic, exemplifies IC what it means to be a Jedi. What I suspect is an obvious set of criteria.

*a technical Jedi Council term

This won't be a FA decision, meaning, I won't be making any decision as to who is made a council member. I voiced who I thought belonged on the council, even if my reasoning was flirtatious, I do actually believe Varus should be a council member for being one of the most active Jedi Knights in the faction. It is fantastic to see all of the nominations from everyone for other folks. It shows that we think highly of one another! :)

Aela Talith said:
Will it be a vote?

Corvus Raaf said:
Thanks for all the input and yes, you're all right, it's not a vote.
tumblr_m1u72jq4od1qf4v9wo1_500.gif

LOL

[member="Aela Talith"]

Of course you can...

The simple answer is that it's not a popularity contest. The criteria have been clearly laid out in this thread many times.

The Council can sort the nominations based upon what has been identified as a minimum set of needs. If we have too many, we can rotate them - given they are temporary roles.

:)

I see.

But why not simply filter out the nominees with said criteria then allow the Jedi to vote on those that are found suitable? Would that not be the same thing but give people an input on who is leading them?

[member="Aela Talith"]

I wouldn't want it to be a vote. Should we vote on the outcomes of the Senate hearings? What about the next mission for G.R.I.M.? I think I'm fine with RP plotting being handled by those telling that part of the story, and that's really what this is.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Aela Talith said:
I see.

But why not simply filter out the nominees with said criteria then allow the Jedi to vote on those that are found suitable? Would that not be the same thing but give people an input on who is leading them?
It has been expressed that the Jedi Council does not "Lead". Rather, they "Council". It would appear that every Jedi is their own Master, Commander, and Harbringer. Which is awesome and very low maintenance. I approve.

I suspect that elections need not take place because no one would be ascending or gaining anything other than an exemplar's position of mutual respect. Not a position of power or authority. Corvus has already mentioned that special positions need only be asked for. Personal initiative being the only qualification. One need not be a Council Member to represent the Order as a whole. (also, awesome and very low maintenance.) Lot's of opportunity going around. It's kinda cool. :D

___

As an example. Recently the Antar Dominion saw a small group of Padawans representing not only the interests of the Jedi Order but also of the Republic too. We required no special title nor lordship to go forth and work in the best interests of the Faction in a massive political operation. There was no "Master" to lead, no "Admiral" to govern us, and no "Councilor" to guide us.

Paddy Power to Antar! :p

Aimone said:
All the supporters of other nominations are great, but are they necessary? I was under the impression the choice would be between the FAs, or perhaps the current Council members' writers. Or is this a public vote?
It is merely affirming the fact that a great many people wish to see this person in the Council. Which gives the Council and other potential voters perspective as to the mood of the Republic.

Since we are still, after all, a Republic.

Aren't we?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom