Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Conclave on Exis Station [Open to Lightsiders - GA, SSC, etc.]

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
On the matter of friends...She was in the same boat. Though since she had been taking more active roles, her list of associates had grown; slowly. She was getting there...Mostly being subject to the advances of Master DragonsFlame but....

"First I want to thank you for attending the conclave, but I'm curious..." She cleared her throat.

"You've known just about every Grand Master who preceded me, you've explored this galaxy, and you've been the Master of First Knowledge...What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?"

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Jorus scratched his neck. He thought of the Mara Corridor, the super-hyperlane that he and his wife had created. He thought of dozens of worlds -- Asahi, Kyrikal, so many -- that he'd reconnected with the galaxy. He thought of the Jedi Order Library Card project, that allowed Jedi of many factions, or none, to ask questions of holocrons remotely and securely, and had for years. He thought of the Underground, the conflicts that had punched the Fringe into submission, the lives he'd taken at the Second Battle of Taloraan. He thought of innumerable evacuation runs, of gun deliveries to resistance fighters deep within the One Sith territories. He thought of his daughter Mara, now a Master in her own right, a Warden of the Sky and a Kilian Ranger. He thought of the intensely pre-technological planet called Q-27, where he and Alna had raised Mara -- and the lengths to which he'd gone to keep that vulnerable planet secret and safe. He thought of the rediscovery of Ahch-To. He thought of the time he'd organized the first modern convocation of Jedi, Jedi from every faction and none at all. He thought of visiting the Graveyard of Dragons as a younger man, and chasing one of his Duinuogwuin teachers across the galaxy. He thought of HALCYON space train skyhooks, mass transit for the stars; he thought of Brodo Asogan breach points, opening the Rishi Maze to trade, voyaging to Companion Esk, discovering and liberating Echoy'la, flying far beyond the companion galaxies in a modified Pathfinder. He thought of visiting the Five Priestesses on the homeworld of the Force, and debating Confusion herself, and losing, and learning. He thought of the vaults and secret enclaves he'd built during the long defeat -- Hoth, Dagobah, Nkllon and the rest. He thought of his holocron, the Blake-Merrill Star Map, and all the instinctive astrogation classes he'd taught. He thought of making a trillion-credit fortune and walking away from it. He thought of the statue of Alna on Chalacta, and the fastest hyperdrives in the galaxy, and saving the Chancellor and the Grandmaster and the Great Holocron and Tionne Solusar's holocron, and slamming the stock of a beskar shotgun into Darth Vornskr's nuts.

It made him smile, lost in memory for a second too long.

"The way I see it," he said slowly, "what folks remember about Darron Wraith or Kiskla Grayson or Ben Watts is just a fraction of what they were, what they stood for. Doesn't bear a ton of resemblance, either. Glory gets it wrong and fades so fast. Doesn't really matter how you're remembered; doesn't have much relationship to what you did. That stands or falls on its own, and nothing's permanent. See, legacy's about people, and people think what they want and remember what they can. I don't have much interest in legacy. But if this is a roundabout way of asking me to do something, whatcha need?"

Nefertari Sovint said:
[94 posts. Almost there!]

Exis Station looked amazing! Not to mention the fact that it was absolutely huge.
However, the moment was bittersweet.
"Gherron, I wish you could see this..." The lady whispered to herself. Much as she put on a brave face, the truth was that she missed [member="Gherron Vael"] dearly. Both as her love, and as her fellow Jedi. And much as she trusted him, her feelings told her he did not necessarily feel the same.

The various orders of Jedi remained divided. This, honestly, didn't strike Nefertari as very surprising. Still, the schism she had sensed earlier was slightly mended.

She hoped to build friendships with her fellow council members; particularly interesting at the moment were [member="Nameless One"] and [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Nef took a cup of stim tea from the dispenser. She'd enjoyed the drink before, but it seemed she'd had more of it than usual lately. The hot beverage felt good going down. She approached Master DragonsFlame, trying to think of a conversation topic
"You have something to ask me, Knight Sovint?" Josh would inquire as he would stop. He had noted her presence as she came behind him. His eyes never opened, and he never turned to look back at her. He would wait for her to speak before he would, taking a deep breath. To him, while he didn't convey it in the conclave to keep from favoritism, Nefertari was family. She was the fiance of a man who he considered his brother in the form of [member="Gherron Vael"] his former Padawan. If she wanted something, of course, he would listen.

"You have something to ask me, Knight Sovint?" [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] asked, not turning or opening his eyes in the least.

"Indeed, Master DragonsFlame. First, I would like you to know that I am grateful for what you've done. For the Jedi, for me, ....for Gherron as well."
The lady sighed
"On that note; have you heard anything from him? My feelings say he trusts you most, so if anybody knows something, it would probably be you."

To her, Joshua was that family member you didn't get much interaction with. Yet he was family nonetheless.

He knew she would ask about Gherron. That was their link, after all... Gherron was the brother he hadn't had since he was a child. Nefertari... She was Gherron's fiance. Close enough to be considered family to him. But it would always be about Gherron, their conversations. That would change, of course. To business, with her being the Jedi Order's Knight Representative on the Council. A position he held for almost the entirety of his Knighthood, actually. But anything else... He knew it would always be Gherron, and he knew it would be no different the moment she raised her voice to him.

And then he smiled as he saw his intuition was correct. Well, besides that first part. "For the Jedi, I did my job, darling. Others not doing their jobs doesn't mean me doing mine while they do not special" He would respond with a light chuckle. "For you, and for Gherron... I've simply been a friend, when everyone needs one."

To her second question, after mulling it over after a slight pause, his smile faded. He would turn to face her with a look of hurt.

"No" He spoke quietly. "I have not..."

[member="Nefertari Sovint"]

Tarrlok

She nodded, she indeed wanted to enlist his help on a mission that she feels won't present itself again.

"That's exactly what I thought, it's the person..." She cut her sentence short. "Jorus, you might be one of the few who can help me. I believe my former Master, [member="Sochi Ru"] is still alive...or somehow she came back to life." She cleared her throat and looked around them.

"Things have been out of flux no doubt but...I am sensing her presence all over the place...and recently It settled down in one place. Do you think you can help me track her?"

She thought back to her legacy, Ru was a kind woman who was optimistic in her beliefs. Shmi had only trained under her briefly, but during that tenure they had developed a strong bond. However, differing views split them up, and the last time her name was spoken it was revealed she was dead.

Though now, her signature had been sprouting up around the galaxy and Shmi had been unable to locate her, or whatever it was. Now might have been the chance.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

"I'll help if I can. First thing to know about me, I'm a pretty poor tracker in the classical sense. I don't get visions, I don't -- look, when I set out to find something or someone, I get a general feeling of 'thattaway' and I run with it. Maybe that takes me into hostile territory; maybe it puts me somewhere really rough; maybe we find something you don't want to find after all. Not that I'm wary of doing it again. I just want you to know that it's not a straightforward thing. And, uh, since I didn't really know Master Ru, I'll need some kind of a connection. A holocron she made, or someone she was close with. Do you have a Force-bond with her? There's ways to use that to give me, uh, a scent, you could say. Not that it's tracking. It's more about connection, about getting you back to her, if that makes sense as a mechanism."

Tarrlok

"I understand, I have a force bond with her...lately I've been getting impressions on places she is, but then she disappears. I haven't been able to embark on this mission myself due to the work that's been needed here, but upon completion of the station and a new home for the Order, I have time to look into this matter. Her signature however has settled, and I believe I might be able to guide you to her..."

With that she hoped it would be enough...just enough for Shmi to reveal what was going on. If something sinister was behind this, then there was surely more of it to come. This however, was more than that...she was an asset to the Order and if this had anything to do with her murder then...

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom