Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Sparrow for Supreme Chancellor: Press Conference (ask the candidate anything!)

Max Nero, the previous star of the hit show, "The Robotic Terminator Cop" waited until it was his turn to speak. When given the chance to speak into the microphone, he asked [member="Jack Sparrow"], in his monotonous tone, a most important question.

"If you do become Supreme Chancellor, how many parrot sanctuaries do you plan on opening across the galaxy?"

Yes he had voted against, her so had she. But it wasn't that she minded the lines of questions he was receiving this was the political world they lived in. It was how little he had truly been around and like most politicians he was trying his best to make it seem that he would be the better candidate for the position.

She smiled.

She remembered another Leader of the Republic, Jack Sheltrakl, he seemed more interested in parties than politics. Would that be the same path that Jack Sparrow took the Republic on, was that what the people of the Republic wanted to see? A beverage Connoisseur?

Perhaps she needed to hold her own discussion...perhaps...after all it was she who went after the Traitor, and kept the government going, and participated in numerous negotiations. Yes perhaps.

The fragrant scents of Kashyyk washed over Senator Auru Taff as his waited. Fresh dew, crisp leaves, and the smell of politics. Also the pungent odor of Wookie, but mostly the first three things.

He stood aside from most of the crowd, robed arms crossed over his chest. He had heard many things about the senator from Kashyyk, namely the fact that he was once a pirate. Taff immediately had taken a disliking to Senator Sparrow because of this fact, but had decided to give him a chance. Walking up to the front, Senator Taff raised a well-manicured hand.

"Excuse me, Senator. I do have a few questions. What are your views on the war effort? Should we be devoting more support in certain areas, or less in others...?"

Taff let his hand drop to his side, waiting for a response. The Caamasi was fairly new to the political scene, and it showed. He looked nervously around, wondering if that was the right question to ask.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Ah, finally," smirked Jack, "a question that speaks to me own personal interests! Wait, aren't you the Robotic Terminator Cop? Not coming to take me in, I trust?" He laughed along with the crowd. "Kidding, mate. Loved the episode where you ran headfirst into the ladies changing room at the fashion show and covered your eyes so as not to accidentally spy any naughty lady bits." Jack's face took on a slightly more serious expression. "As we all know, the best peg legs are made from the wood of Kashyyyk's own wroshyr trees, and so this is as good a time as any to point out that 80% of all profits made from wooden leg sales are channeled directly into conservation programs to help with wildlife preservation. In fact, on Kaskyyyk, two trees are planted for every one cut down and used for resources." The question was, of course, facetious, but Jack's answer was accurate; the Wookiees had impressed upon him the importance of conservation, to the point of stark, abject boredom on the senator's part. The only thing Wookiees loved more than trees were family, loyalty, and courage. And perhaps violence. And personal grooming. Trees, though, honestly.

[member="Max Nero"]

"[member="Auru Taff"], Senator of Caamas!" said Jack, clasping his hands together. "With all the senators appearing I would suggest we simply adjourn after this little chin wag and have that discussion amongst ourselves! I mean, we're nearly a quorum, aren't we? Or are you asking me in broader terms to publicly sound my views on the subject? And which war, in particular, are you referring to? The current dispute over Roche? I've just been to a Senate hearing about that. It almost seems as if I'm in two places at once, but I'm certain it's just space lag." He winked at the Caamasi. "We've got troops, we've got medics, we've got senators, it seems we're doing all we can at the moment. The Roche asteroids are a vital link along the Perlemian Trade Route, so obviously, or obviously to me, anyway, we need to do all we can to keep it in Republic hands. But thanks to the works of a certain traitor named earlier, it appears we're going to need to work a bit to maintain control. I only hope we can do so with a minimum of bloodshed. At least that's my goal." He looked to a holocam. "If any Mandalorian representative would like to contact me to discuss how to best end our mutual hostilities, I do hope you'll reach out to the Kashyyykian Consulate to arrange a time to parlay."

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

The mention of the Mandalorians caught Gray's attention. He cleared his throat and said, " You mentioned the Mandalorians. Assuming they would even be willing to agree to something like this, what is your stance on a possible alliance with them to deal with the growing might of the One Sith? Wouldn't it be in both of your best interest to join forces and quell an imminent threat to the Republic and Mandalore alike?"

The Caamasi nodded his head, thinking. A very intelligent answer. "Of course, I mean all of our wars in general, but I am satisfied by your answer nonetheless." He bowed to the senator deeply, with newfound respect. Perhaps he wasn't the bumbling pirate idiot that the legends seemed to exaggerate. His eyes darted to a well-armored man standing next to him, and his proposition. Armor plus Mandalorian sympathies usually meant Mandalorian. Senator Taff felt no hostility towards him, however. In fact, he admired the man's bravery in speaking up.

"Friend, I cannot speak for Senator Sparrow, but I would like to add something. I want to make peace more than most everyone here, but even I see that is impossible at this point in time. We have been lashed at, unprovoked, and I see little room for negotiation until a later date. But," he said, fingering his amulet, "I am no Supreme Chancellor."

Hoping that he hadn't spoke out of turn, he looked between the other senators. The question wasn't directed at him, but he said what was apparent to him. His constant flaw, it seems, is speaking out of turn.

[member="Gray Watcher"]
[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Gray Watcher"] [member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Auru Taff"]

Kay was still there, listening to all of the questions as well as the answers. It was tough for big decisions to be made without a leader. The newly appointed Vice Chancellor was very busy trying to clean up the messes created during the coup while the Senate worked to get the government moving forward again.

The One Sith was a subject that the Republic probably hadn't thought of in a while, but the stranger was right. It needed to be addressed. Kay glanced to [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] before speaking to both the Gray Watcher and to Jack Sparrow. "The One Sith will more than likely try to strike while we are busy elsewhere. But I think that I might be able to get them to stand down....for a time. If you were Supreme Chancellor, Senator Sparrow, would you give me the chance to try?"

Perhaps it was something that was more fitting for a Senate meeting than a press conference. She'd already heard the rumours of her being a Sith sympathizer, even though she didn't believe it to be true. But with her contacts high up in the One Sith government, she had a chance to at least attempt a peace treaty or stay of combat.

Nick Sept

Worst Ghost in the Galaxy
The Senator elect of Cartao was unable to attend, priamrily because he was still working on his own preparations in light of relatively recent election. So, of course, a senatorial aide was here. "Hello, Mr. Sparrow. I'm Taizen Neft, I work for Nick Sept's campaign--he regets not beign able to come, but he is rather busy on Cartao. Mr. Sparrow, what is your opinion on the creation, usage, and citizenship of clone troops? Do you find the comparison to slavery a fair assessment of their conditioning?"

Ever since the #clonelivesmatter debate and riots on Chazwa, Sept had made a small name for himself as a rabble-rouse. Taizen-Neft, or "Poet" as he was often called before his leaving the clone army, had become the primary speech-writer and chief of staff for Sept's campaign. He was well-read, but a little shy at times. And now, here he was, pushing a not-so-gentle question at a man with some very real power. He wished Nick could've come himself. It would have made this so much easier.

[member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

"[member="Lady Kay"], If you believe you can assist with the problem of the One Sith, I would, of course, support it. In fact, I would encourage a task force with you at the head, along with some of those Jedi everyone keeps talking about."

Mantic Dorn listened on the questions and answers. There was much interest around the war effort of course.

He also heard [member="Jack Sparrow"] argue against force users and raised an eyebrow.

Finally, he whispered to himself. Force users was in Mantics eyes the most dangerous creatures to put in places of power.
The force a too unpredictable entity that always burried its clutches in those who tried to use it as they deemed fit.

No, Mantic found himself nodding along with the senators opinion about such as himself.

But he still wanted to press [member="Jack Sparrow"] for one more question.

"Senator Sparrow," he said and inclined his head.

"Will the Republic fight to free the people of Tyrrants or will you be content with protecting that which already belong to the free world?"

The Senator elect of Cartao was unable to attend, priamrily because he was still working on his own preparations in light of relatively recent election. So, of course, a senatorial aide was here. "Hello, Mr. Sparrow. I'm Taizen Neft, I work for Nick Sept's campaign--he regets not beign able to come, but he is rather busy on Cartao. Mr. Sparrow, what is your opinion on the creation, usage, and citizenship of clone troops? Do you find the comparison to slavery a fair assessment of their conditioning?"

Ever since the #clonelivesmatter debate and riots on Chazwa, Sept had made a small name for himself as a rabble-rouse. Taizen-Neft, or "Poet" as he was often called before his leaving the clone army, had become the primary speech-writer and chief of staff for Sept's campaign. He was well-read, but a little shy at times. And now, here he was, pushing a not-so-gentle question at a man with some very real power. He wished Nick could've come himself. It would have made this so much easier.

[member="Nick Sept"], asked and answered here, I believe, but let me know if this needs clarification or if you've any public follow-up.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
She glanced over to [member="Nick Sept"] 's assistant as he asked his question. It was a good question to ask. She hated slavery and did her best to treat everyone well and with respect.

Kay nodded to [member="Jack Sparrow"] 's answer. Part of it she liked, while part of it she didn't. Though she needed the protection, she wasn't quite sure if bringing any Jedi with her would be wise. No sense in arguing the point though. There were many things that could prevent such a meeting from happening anyways.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] was here too. His question was a good one as well. The two were still at odds with eachother. Kay still felt a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it's because they haven't been able to have a proper talk yet. Either way, she was sure to be on her best behaviour.

"[member="Flora Burn"], I have, actually; it's back in the Pearl. Two crates. Find me after the press conference and we'll settle up, love. And thanks. You know what I'm talking about." He gave the pirate a wink.

Mantic Dorn said:
Mantic Dorn listened on the questions and answers. There was much interest around the war effort of course.

"Senator Sparrow," he said and inclined his head.

"Will the Republic fight to free the people of Tyrrants or will you be content with protecting that which already belong to the free world?"
"I don't like tyrants," Jack said to [member="Mantic Dorn"]. "Never have. They get that...gleam in their eyes. You know what I mean? That...gleam." He shuddered, or appeared to at any rate. Whether it was sincere or just an affectation he left to the audience to decide. "The question we as a Republic must ask ourselves, the crux of the biscuit, is this: how many wars are we prepared to fight? On how many fronts? Do we choose to explore? Expand? Explode? Exhume? Exchange? Exacerbate? Our resources aren't infinite. If we feel there is a planet in mortal peril that we are in a position to liberate, then yes, I believe the cause should be taken up and discussed. Discussed, mind you, not acted upon by a single member of the Senate on their own authority, precluding all others, leading to a war that further weakens our galactic credit both monetarily and in the eyes of the public." He put his hands on the podium. "Kashyyyk, my adopted planet, is covered in wood. Wood is good for many things. Building bridges, for example. I'd like the opportunity to show how good the Republic can be at building bridges. We've burned so many."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom