Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Official

I don’t understand the problem? This is just a rebadging of the announcement the other day that all novels would be considered ‘Legacy’ and non-canon.
This all makes perfect sense. You can’t do new sequel movies whilst 30 years of misc EU is in the way.

Be thankful they didn’t take the alternative which was to take some EU, change some and dispose of the rest.
At least this way it’s preserved somewhat intact.

Honestly, this doesn't change anything.

All Lucasfilm has done is come out and said "Okay, the six movies and cartoon series are our canon bible. Everything else is part of the Legends canon now." This is basically the same type of move Marvel made concerning their movies and how they relate to each other; namely, they don't. Movies are beholden to themselves. Comics, books, and games are their own thing.

Lucasfilm is not the first company to make this sort of move, and they won't be the last.

@[member="Tamara"]

It's basically the same announcement, but now it's got that firm nail-in-the-coffin feel to it. Before, there was still this glimmer that maybe they would only declare the post-ROTJ stuff non-canon. Now the meaning is clear and bare for all to see.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
well there were a few things but if movies and shows are canon this would also mean Droids and Ewoks even the Holiday special are in the canon. I want my soap that makes me invisible and teleporter

It’s the only practical way to have done it.

How could you make new movies if you had to follow the tortuous timeline of the EU? And let’s face it, a lot of that EU did not deserve to stay, and those which did deserve to be retained as a whole. Can you imagine the changes that’d need to be made to say the Thrawn Trilogy to make it a usable movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom