Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's About To Get Real Confusing Around Here.

Feel free to discuss among yourselves the newest major overhaul of the Factory. Ask questions, rage, compliment the Factory Judges... or otherwise just hold each others hands and hope everything turns out okay.

But please, when answering questions, if you are not a Factory Judge or Staff, you must QUOTE THE RULES to avoid getting a warning or other disciplinary action for giving bad info.

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

You only have to worry about your company tiers.

I have to worry about everyone's.

You only have to worry about your canon companies.

I have to worry about everyone's.

I don't have the time nor manpower to continue to want to deal with that. This is a good summation of how the discussion began.

Rick Kaloo

R
I like the looser ship limits, but does tier still have any sort of affect/balancing force, or can anyone build anything within reason? I don't want to be called out for making vessels a bit large for the current state my company is in

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Thurion Heavenshield said:
*holds all of the hands*

giphy.gif

[member="John Locke"]

You can find the finalized list of Restricted/Banned Materials here.

Currently, there is no longer a Type A or Type B list. Whatever is listed as Restricted can be submitted at no higher than Semi-Unique.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Cyrus Tregessar said:
We just tried this with Jedi and the galaxy didnt implode. At this point the precedent is pretty good.

This is true, but its also a little different. In a galaxy where for some reason force sensitivity is up it makes sense for there to be a whole bunch of Force Users, and by extension Master level force users, running around the galaxy. While the reasons for Force Sensitivity being up are wonky, there was a point in the site's history/lore that says "this is the reason for an increase in force sensitivity"

In a galaxy that is maybe 40 years off of its worst economic downturn ever and the literal plague...it makes less sense for every company to be a mega corp capable of pumping out million credit starships like they're Oprah giving out cars. My gripe comes from a world building/lore stand point, not a mechanical one.

What happens now? Do we play all companies as equals? Do titans of industry still hold that sort of spot in the ivory tower? These are questions I have that I guess we'll have to wait and see

How the IC is handled isn't the problem of the Factory - it's up to you guys to write it out. The community decides whose Galaxy spanning company is regarded as Galaxy spanning.

And as a veteran, your posts are a lot louder than others. Just Saiyan.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command

I see your point, but once again, like with the force user thing, I think you might be surprised at how many people are capable of moderating themselves. Not everybody wants to be KDY, just like not everyone wants to RP a Jedi Master.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
If they aren't really going to have any sort of bearing on what can be produced then, maybe its better to have them moved into the Codex now since now more than ever they really are just Galactic Fluff/World Building pieces?

There's nothing stopping you from going ham in the Codex with your company right now. Folks often do - bases, troops, lore, etc.

Companies themselves, due to their role in every other factory submission as Manufacturer, will most likely hang out in the factory until the Lord Our Tefka decides otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom