Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It seems things have spiralled into craziness...

Kassandra Distorith said:
*saunters in, smiling wickedly*

Aslyn...you're looking remarkably well...
@[member="Kassandra Distorith"] KASS! Damn, woman, long time no see! *pounces and hugs*

Sarge Potteiger said:
Because you don't have your own cults, totally.

Surely the Republic has taught you the dangers of allowing a Force User to wield power without some form of restraint placed upon it? I, for one, have little issue with fellow Force Users, but recognise the danger they can pose to civilised society if left to press their ideology upon a civilisation hardly able to resist. The Jedi did this with the Republic, spreading forth both complacency on the one hand and speaking of 'justice' on the other, as their society decayed around them, their Order trying to fix leaks in the walls while the rulers of the Republic allowed it to collapse in pursuit of their decadence and moral decline. And the Sith, destroying everything they touch, seeking to dominate purely because of their Force-given right to power.

@[member="Darth Voracitos"] Good to see you, brother, but I think I'm done with the warmongering and pursuit of power. A tired old Sith Lord like me should be allowed to retire from politics and just live as he sees fit. Besides, the Republic has you pegged as far as conquest is concerned. Seems to me like chaos really does reign these days...

A cult does not have to be religious.

You're cute when you think you're different just because there's no 'religion' around the Force.

A cult can by any organization with socially unacceptable practices - IE treating people like second class citizens for some reason they can't control. (See; Jews in Nazi Germany, Blacks in early United States, Force Users in Space Asia.)

cult (kŭlt)
n.
a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

Still cute.

You are, again, only pulling the definitions hat suit your purposes. I can't copy/paste as easily as I am currently on my phone, but here's two more definitions you've missed.

From that Webster dictionary we all love so much, with the first few definitions going to religion -

4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults> 5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book) ; especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad

I'd imagine the devotion to the idea that Force Users need restraints whether they like it or not is a 'cult-like' practice.

That implant was designed for use only for Inquisitors. There are also some Inquisitors that do not have it, but its the Inquisition trying to keep potentially dangerous people within their ranks on a leash. Outside the Inquisition all Force users are only required to register as a Force user, which is then filed in a classified ISB database. No different than any of the ways the U.S. government has certain people register.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom