Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Rey a Mary Sue?

TL;DR in terms of what's been posted already but in regards to the actual question:

I think they wrote Rey, at least in TFA, too much to be a badass that it was just unbelievable. She already knew how to do everything and seemed dismissive of help for the sake of establishing her as a badass. For instance, when Finn offers his hand when she's fallen over and she rejects him.

It just felt forced.

In later movies, I think she's improved as a character and I found myself liking her in RoS. TFA, though, she was cringe.

Just a victim of bad writing, as Kami says. Not a Mary-Sue... A Pseudo-Sue, if you will. In the end, and overall, a decent character.

Doesn't hold a torch to Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, though.

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
exactly she's more a OC ( plz Don't steal )
See she's from a desert just like Luke only she doesn't need like an aunt Beru and all that
then she meets a pilot but she's doesn't want to go save the galaxy and all that/And i don't hate her.
hell all i'm saying is on a star wars rp forum i can randomly type in 7 consents and 5 Vowels and find a OC that had a better backstory.

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
Dyre Redwave Dyre Redwave i'm half joking with that.
i just think daisy was ripped off as the others. she could have been as bad ass ad Jhiana or Mara
but what do i know i'm a sexist man-baby fanboy Russian hacker. ( pauses looks in shirt )
oops Woman baby my bad
joking aside
not using lets say the writers from clone wars and having the SAME DIRECTOR FOR ALL 3.
and have a ***** plan
otherwise we get what we got
ice cream and gravy with sauerkraut

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom