Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Interest Check - The Scar Worlds

Every major faction has an expiry date. Eventually that time will come for the Bryn'adul. Under Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus , they've diligently eradicated the populations of hundreds of worlds on the east side of the galaxy. Many sapient species are endangered now and extinct on their homeworlds.

Here's the pitch: once the Bryn go boom - whenever that is - their territories become incredibly fertile ground for RP.
  • Refugees and diaspora populations reclaiming their homeworlds.
  • Protecting those worlds and helping them rebuild.
  • I agree with what others have said - that Darkwire, a wonderful land of cyberpunk crime, is the natural heir of ORC/OPA - but I think there's also room for a dedicated space for post-apocalyptic frontier action.
  • Respecting the territory's previous events in a way few major factions get a chance to do.
  • Plus I think the rebuilding after colossal tragedy/apocalypse angle makes this concept tangibly different from the way ORC/OPA was. Then it was all yay frontier independence. With this, the stakes are higher, and so are the possibilities for IC personal investment.
Attracts established/main characters:
  • War-weary Jedi and soldiers seeking purpose and a worthy cause
  • Fringers and spacers
  • Businessbeings looking to expand
  • Drifters in need of somewhere new and cool to drift
  • Bryn'adul RPers who want to keep RPing their Drael in whatever capacity they want, from extremely convenient opposition to guilt-ridden wanderers to...well, whatever.
Angles for new or returning characters:
  • Genocide survivor/refugee
  • Humanitarian/philanthropist
  • Explorer/prospector
  • Establishing Jedi enclaves or rebuilding evacuated ones (Nadiem, Hyu-Ken Carka, etc.)
  • Hunter of Bryn'adul remnants
  • The Bryn'adul genocides impacted highly recognizable species, including the Barabels, the Kubaz, the Defel, and the Keshiri
Anyways, that's the rambling pitch. It's not a Right Now thing - they're still very present on the map for now. But I think there's an incredible angle here that would be a great fit for several of my characters, Quill included.

Thoughts?

Athena Panteer

A
If this ever comes to pass, I think I'd like to write this character involving herself with it. Someone who's not afraid to slay some monsters in the name of protecting refugees and resettlers.

I agree with what others have said - that Darkwire, a wonderful land of cyberpunk crime, is the natural heir of ORC/OPA - but I think there's also room for a dedicated space for post-apocalyptic frontier action.

I love everyone who says this, and I fully support other stories of frontier action and crime. There's plenty of room off the beaten track of ideology clash that makes up the bulk of Star Wars, I'd be happy to see any stories like this unfold. Might even jump in from time to time, too.

Zak Dymo

Z
uu9pmDP.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom