Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In Pursuit of Justice

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jax Thio Jax Thio
Baddy Tag: Koda Fett Koda Fett

Standing within the Council Chambers at the recently rebuilt New Cov Temple, Valery looked at the holo-projector she had placed on the table in the center and made sure everything was working for this briefing. Together with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , she came here to discuss the recent attacks targeting Senators of the Alliance, many of which Valery had witnessed herself. But with the Bounty Hunter responsible for the attacks knowing who she was, it would be better to send other Jedi to investigate, which in turn allowed her to keep track of the bigger picture as more information flowed in as well.

The first Jedi she picked for this task was her own husband, who had a great deal of experience as a spacer that could turn out to be useful. The other was Master Jax Thio Jax Thio , who had offered his assistance to settle important tasks from the Council as well. He was scheduled to arrive any moment now, at which point she'd start her briefing.

"Alright, I should have everything ready," Valery said as she looked over at Kahlil with a smile. "Master Thio will arrive soon and then I'll get us started," Valery said before she blinked, remembering a little bit of banter from the past about how she often talked about everything she was going to do when serious planning was about to get started.

She chuckled a little to herself and looked back at him, "Have you worked with him before?"

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, Eyepatch
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Jax landed a few feet from the temple of Illum, from what he heard it was built by Valery back in the Clone Wars era. It took Jax a while to find the temple even with his advanced, up to date navigational system. She had hidden the temple pretty well, as Jax climbed out from his X-Wing he took a look at the worn-down temple. There was some moss hanging around the area but Jax could feel the strength of the Force flowing through the building. Valery definitely put in a labor of love into rebuilding her lost temple. "I need to build a temple one day." Jax muttered hearing a flock of birds flying above him cawing while they did so.

Back at the meeting at Tython, Jax volunteered himself for more missions. There were some rumblings about Brotherhood activities specifically in the Southern Systems. The Knights of Ren have been slaughtering small villages on planets presumably to draw the Jedi's attention. Jax wanted to act now and helped the people but there were some people skeptical of taking such an action especially when NJO is strained trying to simultaneously hold off the Imperials and the Brotherhood. Yet the people needed protection and a Master was needed to take on the Brotherhood. After about an half hour of walking, the Jedi Master entered the council chambers where Valery was waiting.

"Sorry I'm late Valery!" Jax smiled. "Finding your place was a killer, I had a beat an old lady with a stick to get directions."

Even though Jax was jesting, he had a feeling that whatever mission he was assigned to wasn't going to be easy. Then again, as a Jedi nothing came easy and it was to be expected. "I don't want my life to be boring now would I?" He thought.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out a sigh, rubbing at the back of his neck. This was.. Interesting, to say the least. A Mandalorian turned assassin. Well, no, hired as an assassin. Something like that? He didn't have all the details, but he also wasn't much to keep up on the news. He gave Valery a small nod, a smile. She surely had all the information. Even without her being there she would. And for her to have first hand account?

"In terms of skill, that bounty hunter beat you?"

It was the only question he'd ask, and one before Jax Thio Jax Thio would arrive. Everyone had their flaws, and he understood enough of his wife to know she might be too keen on admitting defeat. Then their fellow master arrived. Kahlil gave him a nod and a kind smile. ".. No, I haven't worked with him before." He glanced to Valery, brow raised. Then looked back to give a small nod in greeting.

"Master Thio."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery shook her head in the negative, her eyes narrowing just a little at him, "I haven't fought him directly, but he's not one to go into a fight with experienced Jedi at all. On Nar Shaddaa, he teamed up with another bounty hunter but we didn't clash, and in every other situation I encountered him, he went for an escape, rather than a fight." Valery said with a smirk, but it showed something about the one they were after. He knew his capabilities and wasn't one to rush into a fight with Force users.

"Don't underestimate him, he clearly knows when to fight and when to disengage, but I wouldn't be worried either. He also has a huge bounty on his head, so he'd be a fool to try and fight his way out of every situation."

Valery then paused a moment before adding, "I'm also more interested in who paid him, rather than the hunter. The Alliance can have him for trial."

Her gaze then shifted away as Jax Thio Jax Thio entered the room, and she dipped her head to greet him with respect, "It's not my place, but I'm glad you're here, Master Thio." she said as she invited him over to the meeting table with a gesture of her head.

"I need both of you to look into a Bounty Hunter who has been going after Senators and other important political figures. In a moment, I'll share some information about his last known location, but first I want to cover the objective. It is possible you won't run into the bounty hunter directly, but that's not what matters most to me — I need to know who hired him." she said before tapping a button on her console.

"Any questions or things you both wish to add before I bring up all the details?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, Eyepatch
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Koda Fett Koda Fett (Enemy)

"Nice to meet you Khalil," Jax said giving him a curt bow. As far as he knew, Khalil is Valery's husband, it made Jax think about Jairdain Jairdain and is flip flopping on whether to ask her to marry him or not. Maybe spending more time with her children like Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic could make things clearer. Jax listened intently while Valery was explaining the mission. Even though Jax wasn't very active on the political side of things, he heard that there were a group of Bounty Hunters staging attacks against important politicians. If he had to guess it would be the Brotherhood who was behind it but of course evidence was needed first.

"We could bring him alive," Jax said. "Back to the Jedi Temple where we can question him but who is this Bounty Hunter that's been targeting the senators lately?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Bringing him in alive or at all could be more difficult than you think. Mandalorians put clansman first and foremost. They very well could try to break him out." Kahlil frowned, rubbing at the back of his neck. It was always messy when it came to Mandalorians. And after what happened to the last group of Mando's he tried to work with, it was all out war between the Silvers and them.

"And it might be unlikely for us to figure out who exactly he's working for. Depends on how honorable he might be. We'll have to learn everything we can about him before we try to confront him, I suppose."

Jax Thio Jax Thio | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Exactly," Valery said with a dip of her head in Kahlil's direction. "The lead I have is about his last known location, so it's unlikely that you'll find him there. But hopefully, you can pick up some kind of trail. As for other Mandalorians, one will actually be speaking to us during the briefing — The Enclave and Alliance try to maintain some form of relationship, so I called on someone who I've worked with before. "

"We'll see if he's willing to share anything, but I doubt it, given what you said." She let out a soft sigh and then turned to Jax, who asked a question that helped her go into the briefing. "As for your question, Master Thio..." she tapped a button to turn on the holo-projector, bringing up Koda Fett Koda Fett 's profile.

"The Bounty Hunter is Koda Fett, one who has worked with the likes of the Sith Empire before. When it comes to Bounty Hunters, he's one of the best. I don't believe any other has completed as many bounties successfully, which is why the Alliance has now put a significant bounty on his capture as well."

"In my opinion, it only complicates the situation because he's likely going to be even more cautious now, and other bounty hunters may be looking to claim the reward as well. But what they don't have and I do is his last known location —Kestri, the capital city of the Enclave."

Valery looked away from the projection and to the Jedi Masters, "I have some pinned coordinates on the planet that might be a good starting point, but there is a chance we'll get more info from the Enclave as well. Although if what you're saying is true..." she looked at Kahlil, "They might only make this more difficult."

"Any questions or comments before I make the call with the Enclave?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I doubt we'll get much help from the Enclave at all. Mandalorians are incredibly loyal to one another, provided they don't do anything shameful. And Koda seems to be quite the hunter. Someone to respect." Kahlil scratched at his cheek some, humming in thought. Part of him felt he shouldn't even be here. His Father was notorious for the cruelty he'd done to the Mandalorian people. To what happened time and time again to Mandalore. Yet, this was a chance to make amends all the same. He nodded once to Valery Noble Valery Noble , bringing out a smile.

"But, if there's a chance to end it peacefully by talking, we should take it. Even if it might make our lives harder." His gaze shifted to Jax Thio Jax Thio , his head tilting for a moment. "Then again, there might be something I'm not thinking about. My exposure to the Mandalorians was limited to their war with the Silver Jedi and the eventual betrayal of the Sith Empire."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom