Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial March [OP Invasion of Atrisia]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
In the throes of his battle meditation, perhaps the finest battle meditation in the galaxy, Je'gan Olra'en gave His Majesty's speech a long, slow blink. His bridge crew looked around, furtive glances of 'what?'

"Well," one bridge officer offered, "I suppose it wasn't an Atrisian who ordered the retreat at Fondor. Just a Chiss."

"Oh, fair point, fair point..."

Je'gan remained silent.

Cedric Dorn

C
Starfall
Diana listened to the announcement of the Emperor and sighed slightly. She supposed that were she the leader of an entire nation she would not surrender either, pride and sheer stupidity would get in the way, this meant however there would be battle. There would be death, and there would be blood. The Jedi Master looked to the world before her, and shook her head slightly. The joy of seeing Ivy was now washing away and the inevitable anxiety was coming on.

She turned around and walked from the bridge, whispering something to @[member="Ivy Lasranae"] before leaving. A few minutes later Diana re-appeared on the bridge, an armorweave bodysuit covering her with small pieces of armor placed on top of that.

The Armor was nothing special, it would provide no more protection than the armorweave, but it would hide her identity and give her some time to run around in a no oxygen environment if such a thing was needed. Mostly however Diana wore it for the anonymity it gave her. She would not be seen as the Jedi Master today, simply a friend helping the protectorate.

With a neutral expression she looked to Ivy, then Ayden, Then Sarge.

“I suppose it will begin now.” She said softly through her helmet, directing her words to @[member="Ayden Cater"].

"Martin...we can do this..." Break felt afraid but for the glory of his home and the honor of his father he would not falter. He felt the coldness in the air. The feeling one gets when one is pushed beyond their comfort, but realizes it must be done. The air hung heavy and the package had felt like it gained 1000lbs as he stood there preparing himself for what was to come. Vibrosword at his side and blasters on his arms he would shy away from no enemy and face down the darkness of the universe himself if he had to. The gates of hell mawing for his mangaled flesh would not deter him from his cause. HOME, this was his home and he would die defending it if he had to. This would be a day he could call himself a hero and show his power. His friends and the future in which he would be reunited with his sister hung in the balance.

His eyes glowing in a furious Blue shone through the darkness. "We will finish what was started! We will show them the force of the empire! AND WE WILL SHOW THEM THE MISTAKES THEY HAVE MADE WILL COST THEM DEARLY!" Breaks voice flooded over with the force to show the troops in the transport that they had the courage and the willpower and the strength to fight for their home! They may die, but the enemy shall know the mistake they made as they would see the flash of blasters throwers and canons alike! This was a day that would be remembered either through victory or through the stories passed down by the parents to their children when they speak of heroes before they sleep.

Starfall Bridge

Slowly, the meditating Jedi lowered to the floor and pushed himself into a standing position. Picking up his blaster, he slings it over his shoulders, arms wrapped over the barrel and stock to hold it in place upon his back. "Guess we got our answer." He mutters, shaking his head a bit. "What a bunch of karkheads." Snorting, he cast his gaze out of the viewport and towards the planet in front of them.

Unlike Fondor, there would be no retreating.

Starfall
Bridge.

He watched the Jedi Master walk out. It seemed he wasn't going to be acknowledged while he was on the bridge, but that didn't matter really. On the field of battle, wherever he was going to be when the fighting began, he would be acknowledged. That was for sure. He left quickly from the bridge to go get some armour on for the inevitable combat.

And when he returned, he wore basic durasteel armour underneath his Jedi robes. His hung past his lightsaber, though the tips of the durasteel gauntlets still brushed against it.

He glanced behind him at the maroon coloured Jedi Knight getting to his feet and he said to the Councillor in front of him after he swung his head back around. "Where will we be going, Councillor?"

@[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] @[member="Ayden Cater"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"] @[member="Ayden Cater"]
Starfall Bridge

HK simply watched the holo-map as the answer from Emperor Akio came, he hung it solemnly as he listened.
"So it begins, indeed, and it seems time for conversations will be later."
He glanced to Sarge at his words.
"Be fair, old friend, he only does what he thinks is right. Whether that is correct or not is matter of opinion."

He would look to Ayden then, giving him a slight bow
"I am awaiting your orders, my Lord Protector."

Rexus Drath

"SHWAC EM AND TAC EM PEOPLE!!" Rex got the transmission to engage, this was all he needed to defend his home and students. Students like Shana, James, Stardust, Talos, these people meant the world to him and he would see to it that they all lived. As a company gunny Rexus would be able to call his men forward and help with this fight. "I want you all to know that no matter what happens this day, we will win. This is our home and of they think they can take us they are very wrong!!" Rexus grabbed his team and piled them into a transport "Let's go guys!" They would all wait there until OP ground forces hit so they could go where they were needed. They would be the quick reaction force for the empire @[member="James Mathison "]@[member="stardust"] @[member="Shana May"]

Cedric Dorn

C
Starfall
Bridge
@[member="Antares Windu"]
Her gaze slowly drifted over to the padawan on the bridge. She did not know him, nor did she know why he was here. Of course that to her meant that she was not responsible for him, she could not be, but a part of her knew that she should look after him. In this fight however there would be no time for rest, no time to stop and care for Padawans, Diana would be going hard, and she would not be stopping.

“Not Councilor.” Diana said to the young one. “Not here. I am not part of the Order here, I am simply here. Stay with the rearguard Padawan, help the soldiers who need it most and stay safe.”

They were encouraging words, and truthfully ones that she herself would not have followed had she been a padawan in this situation. However this time around she had no time to look after padawans, no time to help those not strong enough to keep up. She intended to go towards the Imperial Palace on Atrisia, to go straight for the Emperor and make him stop this.

His word alone could end this war in a single stroke, and Diana intended to get that word.

"We can do it!" Shana didnt have the fear in her voice here she was always prepared for a fight and knew that here would be her first test of her force powers. she wouldnt fall here.

Martin CZ Mk 2 007

M
OBJECTIVE: Saddle up and get ready to rock

Martin extended his hand towards break in a fist then opened it a quick manner signaling that it was something that was going to go boom. "You just leave them to me kid." Grabbing the rapture he slung the heavy briefcase around him getting ready for what was going to come next. Walking through the hanger Martin reached Break's personal scout class ship. Looking back at the droid the czar chuckled softly then waited for him, it was time to go. It was time for them to go into the howling dark of space. to face their enemy in the field of battle and engage them on their terms. "Load up" @[member="Break"]

Akio by now was dressed in his shogun armor, but he doubted the armor would change the outcome. As much as it pained him, he knew that even if the Empire won today they would not win in the long run. Which left only one course to save his people in the long run. It would require swallowing his pride, but he had never taken the throne for personal glory. It had been for his people. His honor and pride mattered only as long as they served the Empire. So he activated his holotransceiver.

"@[member="Ashin Varanin"], the Protectorate has entered the Atrisian system. I believe soon the Republic will begin an invasion of our territories soon as well. For my people, I am willing to bow my head if it means a more permanent and binding relationship can be made between our governments. Perhaps the Fringe, with the Empire's resources, can defeat the monster that the Empire could not defeat on its own."

"Yessir." Break nodded as he opened the ship Breaks droid, Rock-01 was standing in the 4 man hull preparing Breaks weapon bag. Break looked to Rock "My charges ready?" Break asked the droid. Rock nodded his head signaling that they were. Break was pleased he told Rock to load up and buckle in. "The ship is ready SGT, Liftoff on your orders." Break said to the Soldier. Break knew what was coming and was ready for anything.

IN HYPERSPACE ABOUND THE LEVIATHAN

"Is this all the ships we were able to get from Fondor?" The man looked at her as she sat there and he gave a nod of his head. Once they had dropped out of hyperspace the exarch had been told the news. A retreating empire had left but they weren't done with them yet. The lord protector had sounded the call and they were mobilizing towards the planet. Taking a small breather before heading off behind the Lor protector she had looked to the eleven ships from the Republic that had been brought. One Battlecruiser that was common knowledge and ten ships of limited knowledge the Republic had created after the War on Valen. The ships were a beast to say the least and sitting back in the seat she spoke to the captains. "This is Knight the exarch of Thyferra, thank you for your assistance but I am afraid captain I will still require your help."

"Ma'am."

"You got the message I am sure and we are heading in, I would like you to form up on my fleet once more. It won't be enough to help here we only require you as back up and to report to your chancellor." She waited for a moment before staring at him in the face and offering a smile, not to flirt and use tricks but to be genuine in her wanting them to work towards helping the Protectorate more. Her mouth becoming dry in nervous thought before popping another gel tab of kolcta to feel the healing juices. He pink hair getting a little brighter with more definition while her control over the shape got better and better. The captain of the ship looking on at her with concern, they didn't need the Republics ships it was just that they wanted them and to help. Those guns were varied and useful, their armor and the entire point of the Republic aiding their allies was not something she was going to toss aside.

"We'll form up with you ma'am and help make sure the Protectorate is secure."

Knight gave a nod of her head as the fleets combined and jumped. The watts going into formation while the hulking beast she commanded went over the MC180. Then the Solo classes intermingled with the Malleus before the Belsar covered it. The sheer amount of anti starfighters guns between the ships was just a wall of flak but she was not done, there was more as Noonah, Incus and Herald classes dotted adding to the fleet. Enough assault ships to defend a sector. Excubitor, Telum, Nebulon with a single Sentinel among them along the outside and intermixed. The massive swarm of Inimica's that had been gathered while finally providing the biggest form of protection. As many Shields as could be pulled in and ready for their support.

Knight wasn't going to play games with the empire and she had no time to waste. With the trip in hyperspace all she did was prepare herself, keeping watch on the monitor for her vitals and then she heard the reports of who else had been showing up. An interesting time to be in the Protectorate when the people she had thought were gone came back to help them all. Not knowing where half of them had been but smiling never the less to the thought. Then they were dropping out of hyperspace behind the Lord protectors ship and messages were relaid. The fleets given what they needed before her hands touched the arms of the seat thinking about it all. Her amusement showing now at the sight of the Fleets of the enemy over Atrisia. "You humans have always amused me captain. At first I was confused observing and interacting with you. All sopping over with compassion and forgiveness. You can't wait to absolve... almost any offense. It's an inherent weakness of the species."

"I would have thought is a strength our compassion Exarch."

"And I had just high hopes for you captain, but like all the others you only disappoint. It is not just you so don't worry it is others. As I learn more and more what it is to be human, I am more and more convinced that I would never make a good one. I don't have what it takes. Without my powers, I'm frightened of everything. I'm a coward. Not your fault and not anyone else it is my but sitting here and after seeing I'm gonna miss them. They had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end.Whether by rain of fire or by prostration. Have all hands at battle stations and be ready. We will strike at the enemy fleet with a fury they have never witnessed before. No one messes with the Protectorate and gets to just walk away."

The smile remained on her face and Knight rolled her shoulders. while being in the seat and then laughed. More to herself then anything when the sight in the distance of the Emperor's shield came. The first trickling of the battle meditation also becoming something in her mind. Doubt was a hard thing to shake but there were small things she could focus on. The sight of the massive ship in the distance, she shook her head twice the first time for the cobwebs and the second to push back. Not to battle meditate that would be a joke but to try and keep the ones on the bridge shielded. She doubted it could last or hold but for one glorious moment Knight spoke. "All long range turbolasers, prepare to take aim on the enemy ship and fire. All Inimics's swarm the ships and go for crippling blows. You are the best of Thyferra sector and now it is the time to prove it. Find where the battle meditation is and snuff it out."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
OOC/ Not entering this as a helper, just replying to @[member="Akio Kahoshi"]'s message.

IC/
Emperor Kahoshi-

I understand the urgency of your situation. On behalf of the High Council whom I serve, I accept your offer to become one of our member states. While we cannot offer aid to the defense of your homeworld due to Omega Protectorate interdiction, unless the engagement becomes protracted, we stand ready to defend and win the second engagement, wherever that may take place.

-V.

Edge of Atrisian System
On-board the Starfall

For a long minute, Ayden stood there, silent. He made no move, spoke no word as the Emperor spoke. And then... "You laid claim to all deaths this day, Emperor, when you opened fire on Fondor." Ayden spat, enraged, at the Emperor's words. "Even now, your arrogance blinds you. You think yourself this great master, that we should cower in your presence. You can't even acknowledge that you were beaten back at Fondor, or did your vaunted scanners miss that fact?"

The Corellian's face was a battleground of barely-contained rage at the arrogance on display in front of him. "I came here to offer you a chance to fix this without bloodshed, even after your unprovoked attack on our sovereignty and very lives, and you dare not take credit for the blood on your hands? You think that your attack did nothing? That because you say that you did nothing to deserve this that it makes it so? Let me show you how wrong you are, Emperor."

Furiously, he tapped a series of commands and brought up vidfeeds of buildings set aflame by weapons fired from Atrisian ships in orbit. "Hundreds are already confirmed dead. Thousands displaced. And even now you sit there, smug, and declare yourselves the morally superior? No, Akio." Ayden spoke his name like a curse. "Before this is all over, you will kneel before me and beg for forgiveness." His whole body shook with rage as punched the console in front of him, terminating the transmission.

No one spoke, no one uttered a sound save for Ayden's ragged breathing. Slowly, the shaking subsided and a pained expression came over his face. Quietly, he turned from the viewscreen and said with a sigh. "Order our withdrawal." The bridge crew looked stunned as he continued. "Begin compiling a missive to the Emperor, declaring a formal state of war. Tell them they have ninety-six galactic standard hours to evacuate all non-combatants." He trailed off for a moment, looking at several people on the bridge before he found the strength to continue. "I will not be drawn to his level. I will not let the arrogance of one man rule the fate of everything we have worked to build. We'll do this, and we'll do it the right way. I won't give him the satisfaction of claiming victim over the death of innocents put in harms way by his foolishness." Ayden suddenly seemed very tired as he put a hand to his face. "Helm, take us home. We have dead to bury."

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@Ayden Cater
Starfall Bridge

HK simply stared at Ayden as instead of combat there came more speech, and then there came his order for withdrawal. HK's calculations confirmed it was the best choice to spare innocent lives, although he would have probably initiate the battle if it was his choice.

When Ayden finished speaking the droid nodded
"As you wish, Lord Protector."
Walking away from the holo-map to a quieter spot on the bridge he initiated encrypted transmission to the Siege Tower.
"Lord Protector ordered withdrawl, prepare to jump back to Fondor, have soldiers and crew at their station in case the Empire decides to strike into our back."
"Yessir"
Came a quick response from the Tower
"And contact my old friends, I need to form new alliances."
"Yessir."
Came response from the helm once more.

@Je'gan Olra'en @[member="Madeline Kahoshi"] - Emperor's Shield
Mirien followed right behind Madeline, the blue eyes, ebony hair, slender form ... Kahoshi in every way, though she seemed to at least be far more intelligent than 99% of the galaxy given her numerous degrees and accolades. This woman, the heir to the Atrisian Throne. No matter the cost she was to be protected and would be protected, even if she didn't like that fact. Even if she didn't like being ripped from bed in the middle of the night, taken through secrets routes and finally placed aboard the Emperor's Shield.

It wasn't hard to sense the displeasure and exhaustion that rolled off the scientist and doctor in waves, anxieties, fears and worries mixed in and growing. The Heir was the representative of the Atrisian way of life, the histories, the traditions, and the Empire would live on through her should the worst come to pass. Her cousin was the one out taking military actions and giving orders. Even if Mirien was second in command to the Emperor, his right hand, babysitting jobs were far from her favorite, but she'd been assigned to Madeline the week before the Invasion with the uptick in intel activity. So here she was standing just behind her. A hand on her shoulder, hopefully to keep the woman calm when she was prone to panic and anxiety attacks.

If Mirien had her way, she shortly would take the Jun to her well guarded quarters, sedate her and lock her inside for her own safety and keep her out of Mirien's hair. And it was much easier to carry a limp body than one that was kicking, screaming and fighting against you the entire way. It was understandable why she would hesitate to leave everything she had known, and loved behind. Her family, what little was left of it behind, many too just like her heading for higher ground, granted, they had a choice. The woman before Mirien did not. It was more than understandable that she didn't want to be the one tucked away somewhere safe and unknown, while everyone else was on their own.

Giving a small nod to Je'gan, she only paused to make sure he knew they both had made it and then tugged on the woman's shoulder, urging her to follow. "Come, Princess Kahoshi, I need to see you to your room, see you settled and then I will have other matters to attend to." Sedative was in pocket, and she was taking no chances, not feeling the woman's anxiety grow. She eyed Je'gan, wondering if he knew exactly what she planned to do. The Empress in waiting would only be sleeping comfortably for a few hours, no harm done really. Granted Madeline would not be happy, but it made her own life easier. Easier on them both really.

@[member="Mirien Valdier"] @Je'gan Olra'en

Madeline was not happy. She'd been taken while trying to sleep, in the middle of the night. Though really dealing with a sort of diplomatic paperwork. Her guards informed her it was for her own good and protection of the Empire, the Atrisian way of life had to be preserved. Which all meant one thing, War. Again it had come to her home and she once more was being taken away to a safe location far from the battle. The heir under any and all circumstances, had to be protected. For there was no guarantee that her Admiral cousin would survive the fleet battles and ground one's to come.

She could be the last of her line before it was all over. After all the criminals found guilty in their family were being legally disowned, and there was nothing worse in this society than to be nameless. To be nothing, without family to save you, to protect you, to be all alone in the night, and she was sitting writing the legal papers behind such movements to ensure that no one ever claimed the throne that wasn't good hearted, well intentioned, and that had only the best interests of Atrisia in their minds. Signing the two names, followed by her own signature it was done. Two more festering wounds in the Kahoshi line cut away with the stroke of a pen. It was as she was signing this that her room was burst into. With little explanation she was pulled from bed, not given time for anything but a simple robe to cover her nightgown and raced off into the night, soon a transport, and then to the massive ship.

This imminent threat pulled her away, taken forcibly off and to the Emperor's Shield. Mirien Valdier, or Rebecca as she knew her still had a hand on her shoulder. At least this time she had been prepared, the bags one her shoulder, and one on Mirien's packed long ago, prepared for a day like this. Madeline only had the two bags, one contained her life's work and research the other, just what would be needed for the duration. And she, well she never was one to need much. Glancing to the woman, only sighed. Giving a small saddened nod, she tried to keep everything tamed, her worries and fears. And wondering what would come of her family, her home by the end of it. There would be no contact with Akio until it was over, this much she knew.

One more glace between Je'gan and Mirien and she allowed for the woman to pull her along. The rising panic clear in her eyes as she followed beside, letting the Inquisitor guide her by simple pressure on her shoulder here and there. Taking her through a winding path through the large ship, and finally stopped at a door guarded by four royal guards. They were hers, even in the red uniform she knew them, just that feeling of the familiar. Bows exchanged and the sealed blasted doors were opened to where both Madeline and Mirien stepped inside. Madeline dropped her bag to a table nearby and slumped into a chair as the doors sealed behind them. Cold blue eyes seemed to question Mirien as she stood there, setting the bag down on the floor.

@[member="Madeline Kahoshi"]

She approached slowly, hand in her pocket waiting for the right moment. "My Lady, you really should rest. You'll need your strength for what is to come." Madeline didn't reply, just seemed to stare at the floor in front of her thinking, her thoughts loudly blaring to even Mirien, but from being around Maddie before, it was just how it was. The woman thought clearly, concisely, and easily hearable by a force user without much action on their part. "You can't do anything from here, and you know this. Why worry needlessly?" Trying to be comforting for a change, and not let her approach be of concern to Princess. So far seeming too stunned, shocked at all that had happened, she still hadn't looked to Mirien. Pulling a small pen like device from her pocket she clicked the end, and closed the last few steps between the two of them in a heart beat, plunging the needle into the first bit of exposed flesh she could get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom