Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial March [OP Invasion of Atrisia]

ON ATRISIA

Junko sat in her room and was preparing, she hadn't went to the battle for Fondor but had guessed what would happen. It was something small, something wholly unneeded to explain when you went after people. It wasn't her place but fighting for her people were, here at the homeland as it were which was why she knelt in her stormtrooper armor and kept a blaster with vibrosword in front of her. Not really going for more besides the ichor for spells. A tight lipped smile was across her face at the though until remembering what they faced. This will not be fun was the only though coming to her head before rising and preparing.

Citadel of the Inquisition, on the surface of Atrisia

The room was silent but for the soft breathing of those within, the occasional rustle of fabric as someone tried to shift into a more comfortable position, or a soft cough given as a means to break the blanket of tension which wrapped around them all like a rope supporting them: comfortable at first, but capable of strangling them all. The bright light of the sunshine beyond the walls was not seen within: but for the sharp, intense glare of the holoscreens active, humming almost inaudibly at the apex of the room, the room was dark, a mote of shadow that encompassed the entire chamber, forcing the viewer's eyes to that which was displayed there on the screens, allowing no escape from that chilling vision.

The massive ship rendered upon the holoscreen was one he had seen before, then a subject of speculation and curiousity, rather than as a close and immediate threat. Floating in the skies above Atrisia, it represented death and desolation to those on the planet below, a threat of little subtlety and very direct nature. Within a matter of hours, our skies may blossom with fire and that ancient notion of scorched earth may be seen as a reality. It was fast working it's way from an abstract potential threat to a force of considerable quantity.

The momentary flutter of fear that any sentient might be expected to feel when presented with such a sight had rapidly evapourated, however. Tirdarius had stared death in the face too many times over the past few decades and always walked away from it, whether he was the one bringing it to others or, as now, was being the one threatened by it. It's all merely bravado until the guns start firing, he mused reflectively. And that irrevocable moment when diplomacy passes is a time for true opportunity. The mere threat of death wasn't sufficient to change things here: the threat needed to be realised in truth, or pass by in irrelevancy.

"It's interesting to see the Protectorate as it stands now. I remember it in the days when it was a backwater rabble," the former Sith Lord remarked calmly, a faint smile curving his lips as he reflected on that interesting past. Amazing how rapidly things changed: the rise and fall of the Sith, the mellow rhetoric of the Republic now giving way to conquest and malicious force, and the Protectorate, risen in strength and now prepared to challenge all who step their way. "Perhaps the Emperor should agree to their terms. We are outmatched in the Protectorate's favourite sphere, but on the ground, they are vulnerable to playing in our sandpit," Tirdarius observed, glancing at the other members of the Inquisition there.

In truth, he had no interest in provoking or doing battle with the members of the Protectorate: theirs had been a government he had always felt respect for, sticking to their guns in the face of raging Sith aggression, perverse Republic hypocrisy and threats from all sides. The Dark Council had once declared that their little faction would dwindle away into nothingness, and yet the Protectorate stood long after the Sith Empire had fallen. Sadly, circumstances do not allow us to choose our enemies.

"Our role, however, is to protect the citizens of our planet," he noted with a significant glance towards the others. "The Inquisition stands to protect the Empire against our Force Using brethren, but in their absence, we have a duty to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Merely engaging the Protectorate will ensure that more will die." Factions like OP had only one true means of ensuring their survival: ruthlessness. Tirdarius knew well enough that they wouldn't hesitate to take out every population centre on Atrisia if it meant ensuring that the Empire would never bother them again. "Safeguard the Emperor, and the lives of as many as you can. But we should not prosecute war unless we are given no other option."

@[member="Mirien Valdier"] @[member="Somarae"] @[member="Bellalika"] @Johta Heidjr'Oshan @[member="Xander Carrick"] @Je'gan Olra'en @[member="Ahani Najwa"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Tirdarius"] @[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Mirien Valdier"] @[member="Somarae"] @[member="Bellalika"] @[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Ahani Najwa"]

High Inquisitor 'Seren Irreantum' -- feth, but he'd spent centuries carting names around in their multitudes until he forgot who he was -- stood on the bridge of the Emperor's Shield, and thought about death.

He'd died many, many times, always bound by his curse, always winding up in a new body -- usually a random body, or an artifact, or something of that nature. Unchosen life after unchosen life, and no permanent solution. He pondered death frequently.

But today was not about Seren Irreantum or Je'gan Olra'en or whatever he called himself now. Today was not about a solitary death, but the fate of millions. Holograms projected his presence in the Citadel of the Inquisition, and he split his attention between Tirdarius and the oncoming Starfall. The Shield's massive heavy long-range quad turbolaser octuple barbette battery -- a single unit with the power of almost thirteen hundred turbolasers -- stood ready to get off the first shots on the advancing force.

"Tirdarius," said the holographic 'Colonel Irreantum,' "I have @Madeleine Kahoshi, heir to the throne, safe aboard the Emperor's Shield. I won't be able to join you on the ground. I'm beginning battle meditation."

He stretched out to the crew of the Shield, and from there to the Atrisian fleet -- a light touch, at first. His influence expanded to cover the Rancor. A skilled battle meditator could boost the efficiency of friendly forces by ten, twenty, thirty percent. Like Joruus C'Baos of old, the galaxy's most specialized mentalist could manage forty percent increased efficiency and coordination. Crewers understood orders and each other more clearly, waiting hands were always available, focus increased.

Spaceport on Atrisia

Betna stood next to his borrowed Cabur class starfighter and waited for the ground crews to finish loading it up. He'd been hired by the Empire to participate in the invasion of Fondor, but the hyperdrive on his Pathfinder had shorted out and required repairs. He'd put it in for the necessary work and picked up a Cabur starfighter from the hangar in the Mandal Hypernautics headquarters. He hadn't bought the thing, but he figured that as long as he didn't ding the fuselage, @[member="Captain Larraq"] wouldn't know he'd 'borrowed' the ship.

As the ground crew finished their preparations for the loadout, Betna tuned into the comm frequencies. From the sounds of things, the Omega Protectorate was in system and prepping for an assault. While Betna could care less who held the planet or who won the fight, he did care about getting paid. A dead employer couldn't pay you and an Empire without a treasury couldn't do anything for a merc, so it was in his best interest for the Empire to win on their home turf.

He sat back and waited, the ground crew finishing up as he did so. Hopefully, this fight would go well...

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Starfall: Hangar

Today had turned into an interesting day. Originally on Fondor to speak to the Lord Protector, Gilamar had found himself planetside when the Artisians attacked, so he hadn't seen any fighting, save for the space battle above which he hadn't been a part of. Afterwards, he had been invited to come along to see what the Protectorate was capable of. Probably trying to show off as leaders tended to do when they had guests.

So he had tagged along.

Leaving behind his Star Yacht, Gil had caught up to the Starfall and now waited to land with the first landing party. Protected by his iron skin and armed to the teeth, he felt like a giant among the Protectorate's forces. He could tell none of them knew who he was, and some were a little intimidated by the brutish looking Mandalorian that shared a room with them. Maybe they thought that he was going to snap their necks or something.

Gilamar paid them no mind though, as he was surfing the holo-net from his HUD, a swanky little thing his younger brother had installed. Checking out the newest engine parts and droid brains on the market he made mental notes for when he got back to Manda'yaim. Switching off the browser he looked over to his comrade and began to speak to him in Mandoa,

<These kids look green or what?> he said, crossing his arms.
@Strider Garon

Break waved goodbye to his friends as he boarded the transport ship along with @[member="Martin CZ Mk 2 007"] Break had little experience going into this fight but he knew it would have to do. To save his home he would do anything.

Atrisian Orbit
TGE Support

Rygel Larraq had been mobilizing in Atrisia since before the Imperial fleet left the system. Among other things, he was tentatively attempting to negotiate both political agreements and business contracts on behalf of his clan and his company. He had arrived several days ago to participate in war games with the Imperials. At the end of which he was quite surprised when a unique offer of employment was extended to him.

Quickly mobilizing assets from both clan Dem'adas and Hyperion Security, Larraq had shipped live ammo, ordnance, and specialized ships into Atrisian space. He had been told that the Imperials had received word of an impending attack on their capital. And while he had no idea that it would be the Protectorate to arrive, or that the Atrisians would be the ones to strike first, he was currently tied to a very lucrative contract that he had every intention of fulfilling.

As per his contract with the Atrisians, Larraq's fleet had spent the past several hours deploying tens of thousands of Space Mines at precise points throughout a planned engagement zone. Most of which were Ion Mines.

Fleet: 10,000 meters

Shana a new padawan to @[member="Rexus Drath"] was just behind her master and behaving quite shy. she never really knew how to handle meeting new people and meeting @[member="stardust"] would be no exception.

Veshok Ordo

Follower of Aatrox
STARFALL- Hanger

It was quiet. Not many soldiers were talking, instead sitting in their transports, waiting for orders. No response had come in yet from Atrisia. But it did seem like the planet was rallying its forces. War was brewing alright. The conflict was mostly unneeded. Just the Protectorate's way of saying "Don't mess with us unless you want to get pounded". That and an attempt at preventing future battles... If the 'Emperor' didn't call for peaceful negotiations... well, many lives would be lost for a near pointless cause. To me it seemed like the only thing the GE had done wrong was attack us. And now look what came out of that. I didn't like it, but I'd fight if I had to. Though I'd try to limit casualties. Especially civilian ones, after all, it wasn't their fault their leader attacked. Hell, I'd be acting part-time as a field medic. No good men were going to die today on my watch... or at least that's the hope. Of course it's crazy to think no one will die in the fight. So limiting the amount that get swooped up by death is a must... For now I'll stand here, suited up, and await orders from command. Nearly two minutes had passed... Fate was approaching.

Shana gave her hand in response to the Twi'lek "I...Im Shana May..." the Togruta smiled as she looked down the towering woman was an odd sight to see being so shy. her lightsaber at her side Shana noticed that @[member="stardust"] was also a force user.

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
ABOARD THE STARFALL

Basaba had joined up with the Lord Protectors ship when the time came. The Mandalore might not have followed but that was fine since this was business for the protectorate. The major having a smirk on her face while securing the pieces of her armor back into place. The sudden arrival and retreat of the Galactic empire from Fondor at made her raise an eyebrow at that. It wasn't often an invasion force came then ran back home but she wasn't going to let such an insult stand while she walked to the bridge and looked out as she stood near Noah and the Lord Protector. There was plenty to see and do while she planned to go after whatever ship or on the planet, her crushgaunts clenched ready for the chance to wring a neck.

Martin CZ Mk 2 007

M
Martin looked over to Break, he was a child in almost every sense that except his sensors told him that he was a droid. He reminded him a lot of his son the one he had just left behind. "Let's go squirt." Martin say down on the edge of the transport his legs dangling off the edge as he left his brother and everything else behind. Once they were airborne Martin looked down bellow, his feet still hanging in the air as he looked down at the city. The place was beautiful, truly it was his home and he loved everything about it. Placing his IAS on his lap Martin let out a sigh as the crew warned him that they would be leaving the atmosphere soon. Standing up he walked to the one of the seats and sat down in them. The transport sealed and pressurized as they went out into space.

Taking the more safe route that didn't include going towards OP forces the ship went around and headed straight for the emperor's shield. A new space station that would be a good staging point for their next move. "You just stick with me kid. We will get through this. Promise" he said to the child as the ship docked in the hanger. The ramp came down and Martin walked towards the exit to get going. Stepping out of the vehicle Martin nodded his head to follow. Standing in front of them was a crew a few people holding out two silver briefcases. Martin knew what they were and he would use them to do his job. "Kid, you got the left one" grabbing the case Martin slung it around him and got ready for the next phase @[member="Break"]

Break followed @[member="Martin CZ Mk 2 007"] through the transport ship taking in the build and learning the quickest routs to get to places as he walked.

when they arrived at the group he watched them hand over a silver case to Martin and one to himself. "What are these?" the droid asked.
he was pretty sure he knew what they were but he had prayed they werent. All the same the droid accepted it and latched it to his back. "light as a feather..." he noted silently to himself.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Basaba Willamina"]
Aboard the Starfall

HK nodded to Basaba as she entered, speaking to her in Mandalorian
[Mandalorian] "My Lady Basaba, it is good to see you once more, I hope the battle has been treating you well?"
He looked over her slightly
[Mandalorian] "You look as tall as ever either way, how are your sisters?"

At least he was hoping she wasn't trying to hurt any more ropos or anything like that.

Veshok Ordo

Follower of Aatrox
STARFALL: Towards the Bridge
All the squads were ready, prepared to head out in a moment's notice. But a few were getting restless, eagerly awaiting orders. Some started talking about going to the bridge and asking if they could just go out and start the attack. Being one of the newer soldiers, they sent me to request information. I had no intentions of actually asking the Lord Protector if we could go back on our word. We wouldn't attack unless the order came. The five minutes weren't over yet, nor had Akio replied. There was still time. Unfortunately they'd know if I just stepped out, waited a minute, than came back. So I started walking, taking the fastest route up to the bridge. I didn't belong here. Shaking my head I entered the room, looking over those inside. Before I could introduce myself or do anything, I froze up. There were several very, very attractive people in this room. One, who was wearing an impressive set of crush gaunts, was especially eye catching. A light blush covered my face... Struggling I managed to get a few words out. "Any news? Troops are getting antsy." My words were directed at anyone, though my gaze was locked on the Mando lass. Part of me was hoping that if a battle started, I'd get to fight aside her.... Wasn't likely, she was likely a higher rank than me. If we meet on the battlefield, I'll just be a medic, and she'll be an ass-kicking goddess... Insert mental sigh here...
@[member="Basaba Willamina"]

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Atrisian Orbit

It seemed that Atrisia was a popular place to invade these days. First the Fringe, with the Confederacy in a strange sort of assist, followed now by the Protectorate with the Republic at their back. At this rate, Cyrus half expected the Sith to show up with a fleet for fear they'd get left out, if only their empire hadn't evaporated seemingly overnight. Well they'd fended off one invasion attempt, they could weather a few more. At the very least, they could give their enemies a fight to remember. The crusade waged by those who claimed to be Jedi had left its mark on the people of the Empire. Many had viewed the strict laws regulating use of the Force and mandating order and control with fear and distrust. Now they saw why those laws existed. Their purpose, and thing they were meant to protect against had a very physical face, and here it was, orbiting the capital.

Watch how fiercely the people will fight when their devil is at their doorstep.

As much of the Core Fleet that could be made operational was present at the capital. Most of it was in small detached units, dubbed 'Search Attack Units,' given authority to operate independently and to harass Protectorate forces attempting to land on the planet, and failing that, disrupt resupply and reinforcement efforts. The rest had been organized into two Battlegroups named in the banal Imperial style, 'Battlegroup Fury' and 'Battlegroup Wrath.' The plan so far was relatively simple. Cyrus would take Battlegroup Fury and hold the center. Rear Admiral Krakengard would take command of Battlegroup Wrath and hold the left flank, while the mercenary fleet under the command of Captain Larraq would hold the right. The Rancor would stay to the rear with the Atsushi, guarded by the Emperor's Shield, to act as a repair and resupply platform for strikecraft and any withdrawing ships. Whatever else happened, it would be clear to all that victory or defeat in space would be decided by by this key engagement.

On the bridge of the Isard-II-class Star Destroyer Iron Duke, Grand Admiral Cryus Tregessar stood silently, waiting for his Emperor's response. The fleet itself remained motionless in formation, the two Tarkin's out in front, with Cruisers on their flanks, and the smaller ships scattered in between. The Jun and Iron Duke were at the rear of the formation, with the latter specifically having unrestricted firing lines towards the enemy fleet. Time to see if those Hypervelocity Guns were worth what the Isard's had paid to get them put in.

There was only one answer for Emperor Kahoshi to give, of course, and Cyrus was glad for it. After all, it was not every day you got to match wits with the legendary Lord Protector. His impassioned speech had forced a cruel smile across Cyrus' face. Risk bloodshed? Hah! As if that were something to fear. As if battle were something to be avoided. How absurd, what else was the point of war?

Imperial Battlegroup 'Fury'
1 x Isard-II-class Star Destroyer
2 x Tarkin-class Star Destroyers
1 x Jun-class Fleet Carrier
4 x Gyon-class Heavy Cruisers
4 x Unity-class Cruisers
2 x Hetzer-class Carriers
4 x Guillotine-class Frigates
6 x Yovshin-class Frigates
6 x Chenuh-class Corvetttes
Total Length: 18700m

@[member="Ayden Cater"]
@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]
@[member="Aedelgar Krakengard"]
@[member="Captain Larraq"]

Lord Nedo was right to retreat from Fondor when the Republic's aggression became obvious. Though the Protectorate following was unfortunate. With the Republic juggernaut ready to blow through the Imperial borders at any time, every loss here would be felt. Regardless, there was only one thing the Emperor could do in this situation.

"Lord Protector, you seriously over estimate the damage inflicted to us. However we are quite well aware of how badly you were defeated so very recently by the very same Fringe. Our scanners were able to pick up enough during their visit to confirm that. An Atrisian never runs from a fight, and an Imperial does not retreat like a coward when the odds are in his favor. Remember Lord Protector, every Protectorate death today is on your hands not mind."

Then the Emperor opened up a channel to all of his military forces in the system. "Once again outsiders have invaded our home system. Once again we shall drive them back. All forces engage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom