Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial Edict - Diet of Imperial Planetary Governors

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
The OSI is still in use, but it is more of a secret entity that is more or less unorganized, while what is being utilized here has a more rigid format. OSI will still be used! I still make use of the network, even if I haven't quite gotten around to posting any more updates to it.

The diet.. thing can be called what you will, by official name they are planetary governors or moffs, you can refer to them as either, the language used in Hiss' post is how her character and administration handles such things in their documents and such.

If you read the OSI description it is actually quite organized, with very specific bureaus that have very specific roles.

Upon re-reading the Sith Imperial Bureau description on the previous page, it seems like it is basically law enforcement/secret police. This proposal is basically the Imperial Security Bureau from canon.

It would be more appropriate to liken them to the ISB and maybe even adopt their name, not Imperial Intelligence (or Sith Intelligence from the OR era). In fact, ISB and Imperial Intelligence were two very different organizations in canon, and actually didn't like each other very much.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
The OSI and ISB/SIB are two very different groups in structure is what I mean. While we have designated bureaus and such, the ISB/SIB is rooted in an overt bureaucracy that uses an agency to fulfill the wants and needs of the bureaucracy itself, not so much the One Sith as a whole - though they generally work out to do both.

The way I'm reading it is that OSI is basically like the American CIA.

The SIB would be more like your everyday police force. Perhaps a bit more far reaching paramilitary group like the Schutzstaffel.

Either way, as long as we make clear that anyone who wants to be, say, an Agent and do sneaky-deaky clandestine shit should be immediately directed towards OSI.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
I consider ISB/SIB as FBI and OSI as CIA as far as real world comparisons go, but I get the point and agree.

[member="Silara"] [member="Ludolf Vaas"]

SIB (Sith Imperial Bureau) is not just an intelligence bureau. Yes I modelled the naming conventions off of the canon, but it is designed as the over-arching adminstrative framework modelled more to the Sith Empire in SWTOR's administrative framework. The whole project is just to give NFU something to be a part of and feel they have some agency over. Instead of feeling they just work for X Sith Lord.

As for OSI, we could make the units I made up branches inside of it and just add OSI to the general bureaucratic structure of the SIB.

Darth Vornskr said:
I think Sven Talith, as King of Byss, would also serve as Governor unless I am mistaken.
His last IC post was Jan. 2nd of this year.

Are prospective Governors able to use force to gain their position, as in the old days of the Empire?

[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom