Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial Edict - Diet of Imperial Planetary Governors

Imperial Edict - Diet of Imperial Planetary Governors

Preamble
Recognizing- that the One Sith have now gained a larger collection of Core worlds and that these worlds need to be incorporated into the Sith Empire as a cohesive and loyal base, the Dark Lord of the One Sith hereby commands the creation of the Diet of Imperial Planetary Governors.

With the emphasis to - incorporate talented non-force sensitive individuals into the administrative system of the One Sith. And furthermore, to construct a rigid administrative center to establish Sith Imperial doctrine.

Clauses
#1 – Each World is entitled to an Imperial Governor, elected by either the world’s council, ruling sovereign, corporate head or any other equivalent ruling body (i.e. Sith Lord/Lady etc.).

#2 – If a Sith Lord/Lady possesses a world, he/she may elect the Imperial Governor, but cannot hold the position him/herself.

#3 – Imperial Governors will periodically convene at Coruscant to represent their world in a Diet of Imperial Planetary Governors.

#4 – Imperial Governors are in charge of infrastructural development (World Specific Dev Threads) and maintenance of military forces (Dominion/Invasion Prep Threads) on their world as instructed by their respective supervisory Sith Lord/Lady. And in charge of the populaces’ continued loyalty to the Empire (i.e. security, counter-espionage etc.)

#5 – The Diet of Imperial Planetary Governors, will now hereby have the power to debate, generate and submit Imperial Edicts to be approved by the Dark Lord and his Sith Lords. (ICly and OOCly Imperial Governor characters can RP out and create Imperial Edicts to be discussed etc.)

Question:

Rev currently, relatively speaking, owns Khomm, Adumar, and Selvaris either through taking of major cities or vong forming. For those not vong formed, am I tasked with coming up with an NFU governor? In these situations, whereas Rev benefits from the personal influx of money, would a 'puppet' nfu be suitable to this edict. This speaking from an OOC point of view, IC none would be the wiser.

On top of this, I would request one thing:
1) Selvaris be removed from the influence of this edict. Currently, I rp the planet as being under control of the Legion Yun'Do, a partitioned group of the Hrosha-Gul. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, from this standing, to have it fall under the purview of an Imperial governor. Would a Vong warmaster, then, be a suitable governing individual?

[member="Reverance"]

An Imperial Governor is just a title. This person can be literally anyone. It can be a NFU alt, a new NFU character, a character of your creation, etc.

Reverance can appoint whoever he sees fit to be the Governor of the worlds he possesses. The IC/OOC powers are to illustrate if an actual character was in charge. A "puppet NFU" is fine. The Edict OOCly is designed to attract more political/military minded NFU characters.

As for Selvaris, they can elect a Governor from their own populace - hence the clause "elected by either the world’s council, ruling sovereign, corporate head or any other equivalent ruling body". All Governors are elected by the ruling force of their home world, whether that be a Sith Lord/Lady, or a Corporate Board or a Vong Council electing a Vong Warmaster.

I hope I have answered your questions. :)

[member="Reverance"] ... [member="Darth Hauntruss"]

I have thread I'm going to be doing that involves the planet of Eclipse. Rebuilding it under the government of the OS, helping the locals, and eventually build a military base/shipyard there. In essence, she would watch over the planet but would allow an IPG run the day-today options...NPC of course. I plan to do submissions for a shipyard, military base, and the NPC IPG to give it more flavour.

*Reads the title and imagines this*

Feast-Wallpaper-5.jpg

*Actually reads the thread*

Oh.

I'm just a minor Sith Lord, but sure, why not? We used to give those to lesser Sith characters, as a means of giving them a headstart in life. Throwing them at random NPCs might be fun, too, provided the title doesn't cause them to inexplicably kill themselves by being held face-down in a vat of acid by some trusty minion. Dunno why they'd do that - going on an outdoor sunbathing vacation to Vjun would have much the same effect, and people could say that at least they died happy...

Wouldn't this prove somewhat fatal from an IC perspective?

Since there doesn't seem to be an imposed limit on who actually becomes a planetary governor as long as they are chosen by major political and economical figures on a world, wouldn't it then be possible for agents of the Republic and the Mandalorians to infiltrate said influential circles, bribe / threaten / assassinate people into having them elected as the governor wherever possible, and then simply run the planet into the ground so as to cost the Order billions upon billions of credits to repair the damage or simply start an uprising if the Anti-Sith sentiment runs high in the general populace?

Like it can make for interesting story arcs and I'm not entirely sure Chaos as a whole will be witty enough to abuse the system, but the loophole is still there unless I read this wrong.

[member="Yvette Dusong"]
Well that rather depends. There has to be OOC/IC consensus. If they are to create that sort of plot it will ultimately have OOC resistance. IC'ly the Sith Lords have control over the election process so it'll be ar more rigid than it appears. Its also loose so actual PCs feel they are doing something not totally at Sith's direct command.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

Ah, understood! Thank you for the clarification.

Would it also be possible for Sith Acolytes / Knights to work together with said governors under a form of tutelage / apprenticeship / internship model. Not outright be a governor in all but name of course, a simple assistant and / or books keeper is more along the lines of what I'm thinking.

[member="Tirdarius"]

You still gotta kill them before they start uprisings or secure strong footholds for Anti-Sith factions and groups under our nose.

Idea: There is a Clause that sort of gives a bit more official power to the Sith. For example, let's pretend there is a Sith named Bob. Bob is a pretty efficient Sith, and wants a stronghold for himself on the Planet of Boblandia. However, there is a governor of Boblandia. Bob does not like taking orders from a governor (paying taxes, etc) Therefore, in Bob's stronghold on Boblandia, Bob does not have to listen to the Governor, but only in his small domain/fort.

This just seems like an overall more Sith-like thing to include.

[member="Yvette Dusong"] You say that like it's difficult. None of these guys are going to have enough power to do anything beyond create a minor nuisance. Doing so signs their death warrants. If need be, I'll kill them personally, though such people usually tick off enough writers by the time they're done that there's a good-sized queue waiting to take the hit.

Plus I'm also sure that counts as metagaming, and is against the rules. Can't go undermining a Faction due to OOC allegiances to another one.

[member="Tirdarius"]

I like to consider it meta gaming only if you're going at it from a completely OOC point of view that involves annoying the Sith. Someone could easily play out a disgruntled Ex-Republic citizen that becomes Governor of one planet or another, trying to keep the Sith off his back while at the same time preserving the cultural values of the Republic and the Jedi Order and maintain some semblance of cordial relationship with the Republic. Reluctantly work with the Sith for the better of his planet basically. That's the kind of stuff that makes for interesting stories, has a believable purpose and back story IC, while also not really being metagame.

If it's, for example, Governor Chuckles outright giving the middle finger to the Sith and starting a rebellion on planet X with no preparation, no plot to it, no story arc, then that could be considered metagaming.

Like the idea but I'm worried on the execution.

*dodges the tomato*

I mean, I think it's great and has potential to create a lot of good roleplay scenarios but keeping people active and interested is the thought to keep in mind...

Oh , what --

*gets taken off stage*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom