Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm so conflicted

Salina Aviner

Seeing is believing, but one must see first.
So I've been looking around at all the faction options out there, even getting a few invites from some of them, and I'm really REALLY stuck on who I want to join. I feel I'd probably go as far as two factions because I've had a character who was in more and it was just chaotic. So what I'm asking is for some help in deciding, even from people from the factions. I've run it down to a list and here it is.

The Order of the Black Hand
The Witches of Dathomir
The Council of Sorcery
The Fel Empire
The Army of Light
The Silent Conclave

Salina Aviner

@Jay Scott Clark I actually did look at that list. Sure I didn't post in it but still. To be honest that helped me get to where I am with choosing between these factions.

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"] Hello :p

@Chupa La'Roi Charming an offer as it is I don't think I'd fit in with that faction.

Judas

Lurking SWRP Sites Since 1998
To be perfectly honest, considering I took time studying your character's bio and getting a feel of you as a writer I'd zero in on half that list:

• Order of the Black Hand
  • Witches of Dathomir
  • Council of Sorcery

Reasons:

Order of the Black Hand - This is a faction that is over 1,000 years old based on storyline and timeline for this website. It's a place of mystery and archived history of centuries past. Artefacts like holocrons and such would be a great deal to you as a character. You play as a prophet and being a sybil of sorts would go great here since the keeper of the sect, Darc, would do well since he has the gift of foresight as well. I foresee a great deal of character development of you here and I am not saying to boast my faction but because I see a good investment for you as a writer here.

Witches of Dathomir - A place of sorcery and Sith magic. This is something that is worth looking into if you intend on giving your character some flavour to her repertoire.

Council of Sorcery - Same as above except they seem more organised and stable.

Salina Aviner

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] Of course :D

@[member="Judas"] Hmmm. I suppose. Well if it's down to just the three, aside from your own factions, which would you recommend?

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Salina Aviner"] the witches are fun and have some good people. Though they and the silent conclave are very quiet. I'd recommend the army of light if your looking for some good times

As I have said before, You don't have to join any factions. sometimes the best thing is for you not to be with the faction, but work with the people in the faction. For a time I worked with the Sith in creating a coupe against the Sith Emperor at the time. Now that it has transitioned like 7 times after that, I find that I don;t work with the Sith all to often, and work more with the stragglers or people who could call themselves underdogs.

You don't have to be in a faction. Infact you could create your own, but I will say to do whatever your character IC would most likely do. Not how you as a writer feel would benefit your character. sometimes getting with the wrong crowd, can help your story line.

The way I look at it, major factions are (typically) the big time sinks and the ones where you participate in the major stuff of the site like dominions, invasions, and events. From there one or two minor factions usually does not draw too much time. Its just a matter of finding minor factions that fit with your choice.

Witches of Dathomir faction is (was?) part of the Mandalorians. WoD have many clans, with various Force alignments. Council of Sorcery seems intended to be more neutral, but the only canon Sorcery besides the Witches I remember off hand is Sith Sorcery, and the Order of the Black Hand has a darkside bend as well.

Salina Aviner

I know @[member="Darren Shaw"] and I was considering to stay on my own but I do think IC wise I would eventually want to find others like me to stand with. I already know where my morals and all lie so it just seems fitting that I try and join with people whom I can be involved with.

@[member="Syn"] Thank you for the recommendations :)

Judas

Lurking SWRP Sites Since 1998
Salina Aviner said:
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] Of course :D

@[member="Judas"] Hmmm. I suppose. Well if it's down to just the three, aside from your own factions, which would you recommend?
I'd say Witches of Dathomir.

@[member="Salina Aviner"]

@[member="Salina Aviner"]
My lady, if you absolutely abhor the dark side and all who slave under it's power but believe the Jedi are too busy trying to be political about handling things, then the Fel Empire will welcome you with open arms.

Anywhere else who claims they wish to eradicate the dark side are nothing but talk. The Fel Empire is not blinded like the Jedi by diplomacy over action.

Salina Aviner

Okay, I think I've made my choices. I'm thinking of going with the Black Hand and the Witches of Dathomir. If anything I can always change my options later but for now both of them seem the best routes for me to go.

Even though it might be a bit late, I'd still like to say, that the CoS is not just a group of Sorcerers. We are an organized nation which wants to conquer the galaxy and destroy the normal Force. We are mages, sorcerers, not just some little Force-sensitives. We write and use spellbooks, we perform rituals... But most important, we are political. We can be diplomats, politicians. And we try to undermine major factions from the inside.

That's who we actually are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom