Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm just a softie

Jay Scott Clark said:
Belittling people is not helping. GIF'ing there IC thread, is not helping. Telling someone to toughen up, is not helping. Look at what you are trying to accomplish Tracyn. Are you helping this member? Are you standing with them? Are you building them up, or cutting them down? Are you being abusive, or helping them get better.

This isn't the answer Tracyn. This isn't how you help people. Trolling, does not solve problems. Now, if I am happy to talk with you about this further via PM. Until then, not here bro. Thanks.
What I'm trying to accomplish is expressing my opinion? Like I said before, he didn't ask, need, or want my help, so why would I give it? Being opinionated and being abusive.

In Umbris Potestas Est
3089767-pissed-off-obama-u-mad-yeah-u-mad.jpg

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Doc said:
Do what I did? What the hell did I do, beat up his cat? Piss on his doorstep? I said a few opinions that I had about stuff and suddenly I'm a bad friggin guy? Maybe I was a bit rude, yeah, but I didn't like murder him or do anything substantially evil to him. All I did was tell him some things I felt about his faction and an RP thread that he had that we weren't interested in. Don't come at me like I'm a really, really, bad guy.

And yeah, I can tell him to toughen up. It's the internet. I'm sure he's had worse called to him than someone telling him he has a two-man faction pretty much or that I posted some gifs in response to some things that he said. I'm 100 percent sure that this guy has had worse. Don't come at me like a bad guy, I'm just opinionated and come off a bit standoffish because of that.

Thick skin is a condition that a lot of people need to suddenly acquire, Jay.
You got a perfectly good thread locked. I just found out. I spent time writing that. So yes, I would call that substantial.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The lesson of the day is: If there's this chick next to you and you think she is ugly, are you going to tell her she is ugly, say it's just your opinion and expect everyone to just pat you on the back?
I'm over it because it's true, I end up caring way too much, and there are much worse "shenannigans" than your gifs and stuff, but I am now just making a valid point. It may not be me but one day it could be someone else. I'm not holding a grudge, bro, okay? Sometimes it is best to keep it in, is what I mean.

Edit: And with that, I abscond from this poorly-thought thread of mine. I'm not upset. I'm not mad at anyone right now. I sincerely apologize to the staff if this has made any ripples. Sayonara and happy RPing.

@[member="Doc"]
That's enough, please.

Whatever you might think of someone else, whether you think they are overreacting or not 'toughening up', you treat them with the same level of respect. Every member here has an expectation of not being abused, no matter how justified you feel you might be.

With that said, if you see something you don't like, report it, and staff will deal with the issue.

There is a big difference in forming your own opinion on something, and not having much tact when you do it. Having the opportunity of freedom of speech is wonderful, and while you don't absolutely owe it to anyone to have to be considerate, it is likely far more appreciated when you choose to be. A little bit of kindness can go a long way.

Aiden Clairemont said:
There is a big difference in forming your own opinion on something, and not having much tact when you do it. Having the opportunity of freedom of speech is wonderful, and while you don't absolutely owe it to anyone to have to be considerate, it is likely far more appreciated when you choose to be. A little bit of kindness can go a long way.
Opinions are like butts, everyone's got one and they're all full of crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom