Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Begging You

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He smiled for a moment, giving Jamie a rather odd look.

Sometimes he wondered what was going through her head. The minds of women were a mystery that his father had long since tried to figure out as well, just what it all meant...Kurt had no idea, but he couldn't help but be amused by Jamie's question.

"Well." He said. "Isn't that why you went to Dxun?"

Kurt was still very ignorant of the force. "So you could talk to animals and learn the force."

That wasn't at all how Jamie described it, but it was how Kurt took it. In Kurt's rather simplistic mindset there wasn't really anything else to explain it. The Force was about as mysterious to him as how a black hole worked. There wasn't an easy explanation that broke through to him.

Jamie broke out into a fit of giggles and laughter. "No!" Her head shook, tossing sunny locks of hair about freely. "Silly!" Trying to rein in her composure was difficult. All this time Kurt thought she was talking to animals as if they were other people was downright hysterical. "That's not at all what Dxun was for." Now she would correct him, but not in a mocking or demeaning way.

"It's more like, forming a bond of trust between yourself and the animal. One that lacks hostility. And to imprint an idea of something into its' mind, to guide it in a way."

She was certainly not having conversations with Drexyl and Skreev, though she certainly wouldn't turn down the opportunity if the Force would allow it.

"I suppose next time I should elaborate more on what I'm doing, before you run off telling folks that I'm talking to animals."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"I haven't told anyone, thank you." He mostly kept what he and Jamie talked about between themselves. He wasn't embarrassed about any of it of course, actually he was quite proud, but he wasn't entirely sure she was comfortable with him talking about her training and missions.

That and he wasn't entirely sure if the SIS would have him killed for revealing state secrets.

"But..." He frowned. "If it's a connection and you're telling them...showing them ideas or whatever, can't they do the same with you?"

His question came with a frown of deep thought. Sure it wasn't exactly 'talking' but couldn't Jamie use the animals she controlled to get a vague impression of stuff and things around them? Or maybe what they themselves were thinking. "Like...the reverse."

Kurt made an odd motion with his hands that was supposed to signal 'reversing'.

The girl paused for a second as Kurt spoke, kneeling down to the grass below to pluck a small white petaled flower from the otherwise sea of green that stretched as far as the eye could see. There was a delicacy to the way she held it, as if she were holding a newborn, settling into the locks of hair beside her ear before shifting her attention back to Kurt.

"Sort of. But not the way you're thinking." It was an incredibly strange thing to try and explain to someone who could not feel the touch of the Force. Like trying to explain colors to the blind. Just how she could get him to understand was difficult without that sense about him. "Feelings can be shared, or impressions. Impulses can be triggered or blocked. But these aren't sentient creatures, they don't have thoughts like you and I. It's not so much an animal language with processed ideas, they just have natural instincts. Those can be manipulated or molded."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He nodded.

That made sense to him, though it begged a question. Tatooine was often said to be a lifeless desert, a place that no one and nothing could live in without modern technology. Yet Kurt knew that was more than a lie. There were dozens, if not hundreds of species that not only lived within the great desert seas but thrived within them. Krayt Dragons, Sarlaacs, Sand Demons, even Womp Rats managed to survive within some of the cooler climates.

How was that relevant? Well there were legends, tales that some of these creatures were just as smart, if not smarter than the humans who so often sought to hunt them. "What if a...creature is smarter?"

He asked.

"Like...smart enough to actually deal with things." Kurt frowned, finding it a bit hard to express himself. "Like more than just a little bird but not quite sentient either?"

It was clear that the Courier was more than just a little curious.

"Every species is different. It's hard to tell how they will react sometimes."

There wasn't really a better way to explain it. "I'm not a master of the technique or anything still, so I'm not sure just what level of influence I could impose over something with the ability to reason and think for itself on some level." Though perhaps she would give that more thought later on. Another item for her bucket list of things to try.

"Maybe I'll try it on you one of these times." She said while laughing.

Jamie's fingers laced through Kurt's as they walked along the path towards a lightly wooded area.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He let out a loud 'pssssssssssh'.

"I'm too smart for you." Kurt reached up with his other hand and tapped the side of his head. "Waaaaaay too smart."

That was far from the truth of course. Kurt wasn't exactly a genius, and he failed at most subjects that required logic and memorization. Math, History, even the basics of that were enough to stall out his thoughts and really bring him to frustration. He wasn't embarrassed about it, he was skilled in other ways.

"You'd just tire yourself out." He insisted with a smile.

"I wouldn't want that." He squeezed her palm. "We'll find you a Krayt Dragon instead."

"Too smart for me?" She leaned in towards Kurt, eyes squinting partially. "Maybe we should try, just to see what happens?"

Jamie fell back into stride, the path leading into a small meadow where the echoes of chirping birds and small animals beneath the bushes skittered about.

While never having seen a Krayt Dragon before, she had seen other monstrous creatures, creatures she wanted no part in seeing ever again. Holos of Krayt Dragons were common enough, and that alone was enough to deter the blonde from ever having the desire to see one in person, let alone try and impose her will over one.

"No, I don't think we will. I'd rather never have the misfortune of seeing one of those monsters."

She shook her head, hopping up onto a downed tree and walking along the length of it. "No, thank you."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He smiled at her, slowly following along as she wandered along the length of the tree. "Maybe we should."

If Kurt would allow anyone to rummage through his head, then it would be Jamie. At this point he had absolutely nothing to hide from her, no secrets, no lies, nothing. He had told her everything she'd ever asked, and although some of his past was still unknown to her, it wasn't because he lied, but because she'd never asked. Most of his pod-racing days were still unknown to her, and some of what he had done in the navy as well. If she ever did want to know, well he'd be more than happy to ask.

"Maybe I'm secretly a Force Master." He told her as she hopped back off the tree. "Just waiting to strike back at you."

He waggled his eyebrows.

"Krayt Dragons aren't so bad." He told her. "Most of the time you can outrun them pretty easily."

He'd done it more than once. "It's sand demons that you have to watch out for."

A lazy glare stared back at Kurt by his assertion that he was a Force Master. Both of them knew he was lying. She would have known if he was. He was hardly the type to hide such a thing.

"Oh, waiting huh? Waiting for what?"

She turned, walking backwards while facing Kurt, her hands outstretched. "Here's your chance. I'm unarmed, alone, helpless. Come and get me."

Her tongue prodded at him as she turned and quickly raced off further into the meadow, leaves crunching beneath her feet as she ran from him, pushing aside small branches and leaning between trees as she made for the pathway that connected to the road on the far side of the treeline, heading towards Theed. Jamie was quick, though not unfairly so. She didn't utilize the Force here, but she was still quite athletic and capable of weaving and ducking beneath objects to get away.

"Come on, great Force Master!"

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Oh great suns of Tatooine Kurt thought to himself as Jamie suddenly bolted off into the forests. His eyes slightly rolled, his gaze flickering to his shoes which were most definitely not made for running.

Though Kurt had always exercised, making it a point to do sit-ups, push-ups, and all forms of stretches in the hold of The Messa, Cardio hadn't always been his strong point. He'd never really liked running much, though he kept decently fit, still...it seemed like this wasn't really a race that he could win, especially if Jamie had a head start. For a second Kurt lingered, and then he suddenly bolted after her. He tried to run directly the way she had gone, though not being as coordinated he quickly found himself smacked in the face by low hanging branches.

"Ow." He said. "Ow ow ow."

Another branch struck him, and then he decided he need a better plan. He caught a glimpse of her half turning on a deserted path within the forest itself. He smirked and then immediately rushed off deeper into the woods, taking a shortcut to catch up with her.

He rushed forward, his boots tromping into half muddied earth. "Aha!"

Kurt yelled as he reached out to grasp Jamie.

As Kurt grabbed hold of her the blonde spun around to face him, her free hand grabbing hold of the front of his shirt and pulling him forward on top of her as they fell into a small pile of leaves. Colors of red, orange, and green flew upwards as the two fell into the pile, Jamie laughing as Kurt fell atop her. Luckily for her that broke the fall. Even though there were no heavy stones or anything around, a hard fall like that onto the grass could hurt.

"Okay! Okay!" She squealed, still laughing. "You win!"

Blue eyes raised to meet Kurt's, a glow about her that denoted simple happiness.

"You win." She said quieter than before. "I give up."

A small smile painted her face. "You've got me."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kurt quickly went about pinning her to the ground.

His grip was gentle of course, just one hand on the curve of her hip and the other resting gently on one of her wrists. The Courier looked down at her with a small smile on his face, growing larger as she admitted defeat to him. "You see?"

He asked, confidence brimming in his voice.

"You're no match for me." Kurt smirked. "Let this be a lesson to you."

If they were actually fighting Jamie would wipe the floor with him of course. He could hold his own in a brawl, shoot a blaster pretty well, but fight a force user? One that had been trained? No way. He would get thrown around like a stuffed animal. It was better not to imagine any situation where he had to fight any Jedi or Sith, much less Jamie for that matter. So instead of continuing with that line of thought Kurt simple leaned down and gave Jamie a fierce kiss.

Not rough, but a simple claiming of victory.

Kurt was lucky that Jamie was the type to appease his ego. Had she been more spirited in dominance she could have easily cheated, utilizing the Force to run twice the man's speed, or evade him as he reached for her, or throw him onto his butt with a simple push of the Force. Instead, she simply fed into his desire to defeat her. It was all just a game anyway.

"Yes, I see! I see!" She giggled, "You're just too much!"

Maybe she was overplaying it, and maybe Kurt would see that, but it still made her laugh.

"I won't step out of line again, promise!"

Unlikely.

The blonde sat up, brushing herself free of the leaves that had collected on her clothes from the fall.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

The play acting was obvious of course, Kurt well knew that Jamie could throw him into the nearest tree.

"Better not." He warned her with a short peck before slowly allowing her to sit up within the forest. He glanced around for a moment, trying to spot where they had actually run off too. It seemed there weren't any paths nearby, at least not ones that had been used in quite some time. He mused for a moment, glancing at the trees and wondering if the Park was maintained somehow or simply allowed to grow as wild as it pleased.

Oddly enough he guessed the latter.

"Or else." He finally added as he glanced back to her.

Perhaps they were a bit silly, but they could afford to be. After all they had been through together Kurt couldn't help but feel like this...was a good return to normal. Slowly he fell off to the side, sitting himself down on the ground besides Jamie.

"Oh." She began, sitting up while resting her weight against her hands on the ground. "I wouldn't dream of it!"

A small smile peeked through, white teeth flashing briefly. "I wouldn't want to suffer the consequences of the great Kurt Meyer!" Jamie was pretty certain that Kurt had no idea where he was, likely assuming that she also hadn't the faintest idea. But she had grown up here, knew the woods and the area like the back of her hand. To the west were the cliffs she often went jumping from, a small waterfall next to it where beneath the rushing water a small cavern with lightsaber crystals hid. Further north was Theed, just beyond the treeline the path lead back down towards the city. Back a ways was the path returning her to the estate, and to the east was an even more expansive landscape of tumbling hills and fields that lead to other towns, villages, and cities on Naboo.

The blonde glanced down at her chrono, checking the time, then considered for a moment the time it would take to get to the space port. That left them about thirty minutes or so. "Do you want to see where I used to sneak off to go swimming when I didn't want to use the pool? It's pretty neat."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He flashed her a smile.

There was only so much humoring he could take before it all turned to sarcasm. His finger went to her side and gently poked her, tickling her if only for a moment and sticking out his tongue. They both knew the truth of what would happen if they truly fought, but it was fun to play around. The Courier smiled for a moment more and then thought for a second. "Sure."

Not like he had anything else to do.

In fact a part of him simply wanted...to stay here. It was a thought that he would probably regret if he followed through with it, though not because of Jamie. Naboo was a confusing place for someone like him. He didn't have the education, background, or intelligence to survive here.

Slowly he stood up, taking Jamie's hand as he did so.

"Come on, Princess." He told her as he pulled her to her feet. "Show me your getaway."

"Hey! Hey! No! Nonononono!" She said, swatting at Kurt's hand and pushing him away from her. "No tickling!"

Jamie sprung up from the ground and started off rather quickly towards what could be considered a quarry of sorts with Kurt in tow. On one side was the large waterfall, as magnificent as ever, hundreds of gallons of water pouring over its' edge by the second, a light mist filling the air as the puffy white cloud at the basin lifted continuously upwards.

"There!" She said, pointing out to Kurt what he could very obviously see for himself.

Trotting over towards the far end and away from the path of the settling mist Jamie stood about two feet back from the edge, waving Kurt over.

"Check it out!"

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Waterfalls were perhaps one of the strangest things that Kurt had ever seen.

They were something that on his homeworld were quite literally impossible. They represented the movements of millions of gallons of water, an unthinkable quantity that the people of Tatooine could really only dream of, so when Kurt wandered up besides Jamie he couldnt help but be absolutely astounded.

”Wow.” There was not a hint of mockery or sarcasm in his tone.

Kurts eyes were fixed on the massive waterfall, watching the splash of liquid on the rocks and enjoying the cool breeze that emanated from it. He found himself transfixed, silently watching for just a moment before Jamie pulled him along.

”Thats amazing.” He said quietly. ”Have you ever swam under it?”

Kurt of course still couldn't swim, so his question came with no small amount of child like fascination.

Jamie nodded. She'd come here frequently, more so as a teenager than a child, but she had discovered it around the age of eight.

"Quite often." Pointing towards the basin where the white clouds of mist rose high, "Behind that is a cavern. It goes pretty far down. Relatively dry, but a little difficult to navigate. I think I've mapped the whole thing out though." She couldn't remember the last time she got lost down there. "You can't get in unless you swim behind the falls. I found it by accident." It was obscured by the vast amount of rushing water from the height at which they stood over it.

"Some nights the light hits the water just right and makes a vibrant display of colors to look at. It's one of my favorite places to go. Quiet, secluded, pretty."

The girl appreciated just about every natural facet of Naboo, right down to the most singular rock.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom