Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Begging You

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"I see." He said quietly.

Part of him was a little sad that he couldn't swim, and that they didn't really have the time for him to see that anyway. He considered for a moment, glancing at Jamie and then back towards the waterfall. Perhaps he would have to surprise her, learn to swim and then take her back here so that she could show him the rest of her little sanctuary. She would probably enjoy that.

The Courier smiled for a moment and then took Jamie's hand. "Maybe you'll show me next time."

If he could learn to swim by then anyway.

Slowly Kurt pulled her closer into him, his arms wrapping around her, his lips pressing against her own. All of this, what Jamie had shown him reminded him of Tatooine. He thought about what he would show her, the great Dune Seas, the Canyons, the tracks that he had used to practice for the Boonta Eve.

Everything he'd known growing up.

"We could do that." She agreed, turning back towards Kurt as he surprised her with the caress of lips against hers. "It's safe enough to jump from here to the water. Not that I've done it time and time again or anything."

Her parents would not have been pleased with her experimenting as a younger teen by cliff jumping into water from dangerous heights. But that was exactly why she had never told them.

In fact, it seemed not many others knew about this place, as there were never any tracks in the mud or anything whenever Jamie came by. Her boots always left a unique imprint, and it had always been the same, save for the time she brought Connor along with her to see the sights and they had discovered the one chamber she had missed, a crystal chamber at that, buried deep beneath the surface within the cave. That had been the first time she ever constructed a lightsaber, with that man's help.

She wondered for a moment where he was now. It had been some time since their last meeting.

"We should get going though. We need to get you to the starport."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Ugh." Kurt said quietly.

The idea that he had to leave crept up on him once again, displeasure showing on his face for just a moment as he glanced one last time back at the waterfall. He wished that he didn't have to go, that he didn't have any responsibilities and that he could simply...do as he pleased, but he knew it couldn't be that way. His head slowly shook and he let out a sigh.

"Alright." He said quietly. "Let's head back."

His lips pressed against hers one last time, and then he pulled away, glancing around for a few seconds and then looking back at Jamie.

"I have no idea where we are." His hand came to scratch the back of his head.

Maybe she should've drawn him a map.

Jamie giggled. She hadn't presumed Kurt to know where he was on a planet he'd visited about three times in his life. "It's okay. I know where we are." Jamie gestured for Kurt to follow as she turned back, heading towards Theed through the wooded area, back the way they came until reaching a small clearing and bearing off into another direction. "This way." She said, ducking beneath a small, low hanging branch that seemed to have partially broken over time.

"We should make it there right on time."

Theed wasn't too far off, and she'd kept careful watch on the time. It helped that she knew exactly how far the space port and city was to the secretive location of hers, having detoured there on more than several hundred occasions to enjoy the gifts nature had to offer. And to sometimes skip out on economics class.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kurt followed behind Jamie as closely as the path would allow, mostly because he wanted to take in as much of her as he could while he was still here. The trouble in their relationship, renewed as it was, stemmed from the fact that their schedules were unpredictable.

Jamie was working hard here on Naboo and within the SIS, and while Kurt now had a bit more stability what with working as a surveyor he still wasn't quite sure exactly what that entailed. In theory he would have a week off every month, but that didn't mean that time would start when he was somewhere close to Naboo. It was complex, and in truth Kurt was afraid he'd spend another two months without ever getting to see Jamie.

He smiled as they passed out of the forest and onto another grassy field.

Only enough, even though it was so metropolitan Theed seemed to have more grassy fields than Tatooine. "If you head to the core because of...work."

His fingers looped around hers as they walked.

"Let me know." He told her with a smile. "Maybe I can swing by wherever you go."

It was a small hope, but an unlikely one.

"I can try."

Jamie had a lot more responsibilities on Naboo as of late, thereby keeping her relatively grounded for the most part. Still, there were times where she found herself elsewhere, for one reason or another. That wasn't likely to stop entirely. But for the time being it was less common than in months prior. Not that she was complaining, her home was still her home, a special place to her.

"I don't know how often or when, but if it's possible I will."

Several minutes of walking led them to the face of the city, the sight of starships taking off and landing, coupled with the roaring of engines that could be heard echoing high above the treeline. The path to the starport itself was relatively straightforward, signs written in both native and galactic basic for the weary traveler unfamiliar with the local language.

"This way," She said, pointing to the staircase ahead that led up to the grand entrance of the spaceport. "Let's go find your shuttle."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Transport A23." He told her as he slipped his backpack in front of himself and pulled out a small slip of flimsy that he had printed off before leaving Sullust.

"Direct flight to Sullust." Kurt had made sure of that, no stop-overs for him. "Should be in Hangar 44."

That was what it said on the slip of flimsy anyway. He had no idea who Naboo organized it's starport. It seemed that every single planet did it differently, some numbering them, others sectoring, and still others just throwing hangar bays wherever they wanted. Mos Espa was like that, you pretty much just put down wherever you could and then someone would extort some fee from you. The whole thing was a bit...chaotic, but it worked out in the end.

Slowly the two of them wandered up the stairs and to the left, Jamie pointing out the signs that would take them the right way. "Think they'll let you through Security with me?"

He mused with a smile.

"I think the question you should be asking is if they'll let you through security at all." She smirked, nudging him with her elbow. "You were arrested here once you know." There was a small flash of white as her teeth peeked between parted lips before disappearing once more. "I, on the other hand, am a trusted noblewoman of good faith and stature. I may go where I please."

Mostly.

The security forces might take issue with her wandering about the modest military hangars, or outposts. But that didn't mean she hadn't ever tried before.

But Kurt didn't need to know that.

"Who knows, they might arrest you out of fear that you're kidnapping me again. Imagine if I just started screaming!?" Her face turned slightly mischievous, gesturing as though she were about to cry for help.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kurt smirked back at her. "Yeah?"

The Courier didn't fancy getting arrested against, mostly because that had already happened to him twice on Naboo and a third time felt like it would be the charm to make it stick. For a few moments the Courier didn't speak up, as if he were trying to think of something clever.

"I don't know if anyone would believe you." He gently pulled her a bit closer to himself as they walked. "I think with all your Noble titles people would be more willing to believe my side of the story."

He grinned at her. "Oh dear please help me, this noble woman was abusing me, hitting me and trying to get her way."

His tone was tinged with mock fear.

"I'm just a simple farm boy from Tatooine!" His voice raised just a bit. "She's trying to take advantage of me!"

Jamie lightly slapped Kurt's chest, lips pursing with an accented head shake. "Don't even. Just mentioning you're from Tatooine will cement you as guilty alone. You lot are just a troublesome bunch of pillages and lawless citizens." She poked her tongue out towards him. "Nobody would believe that story! Nobody!" Her hand waived towards him dismissively.

"You clearly don't understand how well respected my family is, simple farm boy. You are likely to be the one taking advantage of me, a swindler perhaps!"

The girl grabbed the farm boy by the hand and tugged him towards the direction of the hangar on the west wing of the starport. "This way, silly."

A few small overhead signs illuminated displaying the hangar in descending order. Hangar 44 was the second to last in the row. It held eight modest sized landing pads for civilian shuttles.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"What!" Kurt sounded aghast.

"How dare you." He declarted as he followed in the direction she pulled him, his head swiveling to the side for just one moment so that he could see where it was they were actually going. "I am a picture of innocence."

He told her. "I'm a war hero."

That was true twice over.

"I fought for the Republic and The Alliance." His voice grew a little louder as he tugged her closer, his hand falling onto her rear. "You were clearly just trying to get into my pants and I rejected your advances."

He nodded. "Shame on you. Think you can have everything."

The blonde stopped, turned to Kurt, and quickly covered his lips with her fingers. "Oh, shush!" She exclaimed, shaking her head as tussled locks of golden hair brushed against her cheeks from left to right. "You are no picture of innocence Kurt Meyer. Need I remind you of yesterday?" Her blue eyes, squinting as they were, glared towards him. "And as for who was trying to get in whose pants? I think we're both acutely aware that you made the first advance."

Drawing her fingers away from Kurt's face she leaned in a bit closer, her voice falling to that of a whisper.

"You never reject me."

Jamie's eyes fell a bit lower, a smirk appearing on her face before turning away and continuing to walk towards the shuttle that was now in view.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"That's true." He said as he took a short jog to catch up with her, falling into step right besides her. "But if we're talking about yesterday..."

He trailed off but didn't say anything more about it, only giving her a sideways smirk as though they both knew what he was referring to. Amusement drifted across his features as his armed wrapped around her, giving her an odd sideways hug for a moment before he pulled away.

The Hangar bay was just up ahead, and the air was now filled with the scent of oil and burning thrusters. It was a familiar scent, and oddly enough Kurt started to feel more at home here than he had in Jamie's family estate. It was natural of course, he was more used to the rustic scenes than he was what essentially counted in his mind as a palace. Still, he had been more than happy to spend time with her, and Kurt wished that he didn't have to go.

"That's it." He said as they stepped into the hangar, pointing to a large gray transport at the end of the bay.

There was a massive Alliance logo on the side.

Jamie nodded, heading towards the transport with Kurt alongside. Her face, a bit redder than moments prior, was otherwise reserved. Kurt would see that she was mildly embarrassed, but that she wasn't going to argue the point either. To argue would be lying anyway, and he was better than most at telling when she was trying to form some kind of white lie.

For a moment she stood and looked at the ship. It was bigger than she had imagined it would be.

"Are they picking up others as well? Or is this just for you?"

Alliance personnel on Naboo wasn't exactly an uncommon thing, but she generally knew when there were.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He laughed out loud. "Just me?"

The idea of that was hilarious enough, though it showed a little bit of Jamie's mindset. The truth was she was far more important than he would ever be. Kurt was a Farmboy, a Courier, and now a surveyor. Jamie was a Jedi Knight, she was a politician, and she was a Noble. Compared to her he was...well insignificant.

"I think you overestimate how Important I am." He told her with no small amount of amusement. "I think they're also transporting some cargo, things bought from Theed Hangar and such for the Alliance."

He glanced at the ship and shrugged.

Kurt wasn't exactly sure, just knew that as a member of the Alliance he had been able to book a ticket to Naboo and then back to Sullust. This wasn't really anything fancy, and he was pretty sure that he'd only be getting a jump seat in the back of the cargo hold.

The girl blinked a couple of times, seemingly confused by his outburst of laughter. It hadn't quite occurred to her that the ship wasn't sent for him, but rather happened to be on Naboo for other business. Perhaps it was that take it for granted mindset that she still had in certain aspects, through no fault of her own really, just a product of her upbringing. Jamie certainly didn't diminish Kurt's importance, or, rather, intend to. To her a ship that was on a pad to be taken elsewhere generally was exclusive.

"I see."

A hand raised, running through her golden hair before falling back to her side, somewhat embarrassed by her own stupidity.

"I just assumed..." A shrug followed. "Sorry."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

His hands quickly found their way to her hips, gently pulling her closer and tugging her to him.

"Don't worry about it." He nuzzled her nose for a moment. Kurt didn't take offense at her assumption, to him it was just funny. The Courier didn't really mind being a small blip on the radar, in fact it suited him just fine.

Sure there was something to be said about standing in the middle of a crowd and hearing the cheers, and a part of him ached for that again, but by and large he was alright with the way he lived. Not having a ship all to himself just for transport? Well that was just normal. He smiled at her and pressed a quick kiss against her lips, his hands sliding around the small of her back so that he could hold her for a few moments before he actually had to go.

"Maybe next time." He began to joke. "You can send your chauffeur."

He paused, drawing back, then looked at her. "Or is that what you had in mind for me to do?"

Kurt grinned.

Jamie stepped into his embrace, hands wrapping around the back of his neck as she pressed her lips to his. Only after did her head fall to his shoulder, alongside his neck. A small peck against his skin followed before she pulled slightly back, blue eyes meeting blue eyes. "Maybe a little bit of both?" She smiled, it was not only amusing but mostly true as well. She was not a pilot of any kind, and her family did have people to take them about when her parents didn't wish to take themselves.

"Let me know you make it back safely, okay?"

Kissing his cheek she stepped back a pace, looking towards the shuttle that looked about ready to lift off, its' crew ushering a few more crates aboard.

"And don't forget to store the food in a fridge so it doesn't spoil."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He gave her an amused smile.

Kurt was a good pilot, but he was no chauffeur. He had neither the manners nor the demeanor to do such work, and honestly his flying was more than a little rough around the edges. There would doubtlessly be complaints once he started spinning the ship and pulling it all over the place. "I won't."

He told her with a gentle kiss.

"The flight will take only a few hours." Probably less, the transport looked slow as all hell, but the hyperdrive on board would do more than well enough. These ships likely made the trip from Sullust to half a dozen different worlds, transporting all sorts of cargo. Needed to be fast for that. "I'll send you a message when I get there."

He assured her with another kiss. "Nothing to worry about."

Not like War was gonna break out or anything.

"Alright." She said, nodding. "I'll be waiting."

As for herself, Jamie would need to return to the palace, there was quite a bit left to do that she had left lingering from the day before, and with the elections due to occur shortly, a lot of work was left on that front to finalize. There was the subject of her half-sister, her parents, and everything in between that needed sorting as well.

So much on her plate and so little time to get to it.

"Hopefully I'll know what is going on with things here in the next few days. I'd like to talk to Mariya soon."

Lifting herself up she kissed Kurt once more, embracing him thereafter. "I'll miss you. Be safe, okay?"

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom