Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ignorance & Knowledge (Taiia Locke)

Caedyn Arenais

C
XgOCv8j.png

Tag: Taiia Locke Taiia Locke .

For quite some time now, Caedyn Arenais had considered that which he felt he understood, and the values, the ideologies by which he lived as a Jedi Knight. From his first steps as a Je'daii Padawan, to his inception into the ranks of the Order of the Silver Jedi, to his days serving in the Outer Rim Territories, and now within the membership of the New Jedi Order; Caedyn had always found his faith strongest in the Force. Strong in faith, and yet still questioned a great deal.

Looking back, his choice to take up the mantle of a Jedi Guardian was a curious one. In hindsight, he had come to conclude that it was out of resentment towards his father that he had gone out of his way to seek a path that did not walk parallel to Veiere's own. He was younger back then, and the hurt of what had occurred between his Mother, Commenor and Veiere's lure to the Darkside, had not yet been resolved. However, with the passing of time and the coming of age, Caedyn had wisened up. At forty years of age, he held a depth of experience within his life of service that rivalled that of Jedi Masters of the New Jedi Order. He had reconciled with his father through contact with his spirit, their bond unified once more. He had achieved much in his time, and yet he did not feel satisfied. Recently, it was the exposure of war that had once again led Caedyn to reconsider his role as a Jedi, as well as whether his current path was in best service to the Force.

6omTtjj.png

The Repertoire descended down through the clouds of Odessen en route to the coordinates he had been provided by one Taiia Locke Taiia Locke . In a bid to expand upon his understanding of the Force, to build upon that which he had learned so far in his time, Caedyn had begun to correspond with a number of individuals by way of the holonet. Taiia's surname was well known, all too familiar through the likes of John Locke from the former Confederacy of Independent Systems, an associate of Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe 's. Not only that, but one Allyson Locke whom Caedyn had first met within the Order of the Silver Jedi, and then later joined the Galactic Alliance if his memory served correctly.

Perhaps it was a coincidence...-The Galaxy was a big place after all. Nevertheless, she had provided him with an opportunity to travel to Odessen where she presided over an Enclave-Settlement of some sort. The landscape that flowed by the viewport of the ship was beautiful, and a sight that he was glad he had not missed. The mere change of pace in such a tranquil world compared to the likes of Coruscant felt as though he had been relieved of a tension he had not known to be present. The Force was strong there, a placid warmth. Neither Ashla nor Bogan had a dominant presence across the land, but it felt whole if there was a word that came to mind. Balanced.

"This is Caedyn Arenais of the Repertoire, requesting landing permissions" Caedyn transmitted his IFF tags along with the broadcast to whoever might be overseeing the arrival and departure of traffic. He was still some way of yet but it always felt best to provide notice before simply turning up on another doorstep.

0mto4eJ.png
purple1.png

//: Allyson Locke Allyson Locke //: Caedyn Arenais //:

Taiia walked through the halls of the academy, at the moment they were fairly empty due to classes being in session. The large halls while not as grand as many other force orders, but they needn't be, this was primarily a school free of dogma and those who passed through the doors seeking knowledge would find it. On one level she scarcely believed she had finally done it but with the help of some friends and the support of Allyson Locke Allyson Locke the school was thriving. As such she was on her way to meet another who found his way.

Caedyn Arenais, she knew the man by reputation so naturally she was happy to meet with him. Still the note had surprised her, they had fought on the same side on a few occasions, Atrisia, then Ossus much later but it seems it would take many long years later for them to meet face to face, in her mind it was simply the right time for this meeting but she wondered if maybe there were missed opportunities. Upon his arrival, a gruff Mandalorian voice cleared him through the defense perimeter. Taiia stepped out of the academy and made her way to the landing pad, the bustle of the small village that she had helped to create brought a smile to her face as she moved through the streets. Some of the force users were wary of their mandalorian protectors but she was all too aware that cut both ways, there was ancient history between force users and Mandalorian's but Strill? They would do their jobs regardless of personal opinions.

Life for Taiia on the rim of the galaxy had not been terrible but it was never truly home on Verun it was on Odessen that she truly found her place in the Galaxy and where she had built a home as well for her and Allyson. The redhead stopped a short distance from the assigned landing pad and awaited Caedyn to disembark, she hoped that she would be able to provide the answers he was seeking.

Caedyn Arenais

C
The Repertoire settled down upon the landing pad, repulsorlift thruster expelling visible plumes of hot air all around as the vessel's landing gear touched down, bringing the ship to a final halt. Lexas, Caedyn's droid co-pilot would remain aboard the heavy corvette, whereas the Jedi Knight had already reached the cargo bay ramp as it began to descend to the rear.

Stepping out into fresh air once more was a welcome change after the voyage to Odessen, though he was no stranger to long periods of time spent aboard starships, Caedyn always preferred to be surrounded by the natural beauty that only such worlds could provide. Similar to Svivren and the old Jedi Enclave that he had presided over as Steward, Odessen held a similar beauty that helped the Jedi Knight to feel quite at home in those initial moments.

Presenting himself in his favoured Jedi Attire, Caedyn immediately noted the presence of Taiia Locke Taiia Locke who had seemingly arrived to welcome him. His robe was of a dark brown tone that accompanied the earthly colors of his tunic; all of which were a fitting choice in hindsight, given his obvious approval of their surroundings as he took in the view on the approach towards the learned Master.

"Master Taiia Locke" Caedyn addressed her with a friendly and warm smile, his voice slightly elevated until he had closed in the distance between them; "Thank you for your invitation, I truly appreciate your taking the time to meet with me on such short notice" he thanked her and soon bowed in formal and respectful greeting.

0mto4eJ.png
purple1.png

She waited a safe distance from the ships exhaust and the boarding ramp, awaiting her visitor patient. She smiled at him as he exited the ship in all his finery just what she would expect of house Arenais. Crimson hair floated on the wind behind her partly from the ship and partly the easterly wind coming down the mountain side, there would likely be a storm later but that wasn't a concern they had shelter from any storm and natural barriers to the wind on several sides but it was still worth noting. For Taiia she was dressed simply in a green robe which matched her eyes and stood in stark relief to her hair.

"Please Caedyn I am not one for titles. You may just call me Taiia but if you must use titles Master Locke is sufficient, though I suppose that title is now shared." a playful smile touched her lips and she shook her head slightly. "Welcome to Odessen" she made a motion behind her. "And I will happily make time for those who come to learn." as he bowed she returned it to him in mutual respect. "Come I had a room prepared for you, I figured a brief walk through the city and we can start with any questions you might have for me on the way to the academy?" she motioned for him to follow. "How is your family?

Caedyn Arenais

C
"That's very kind of you, thank you Taiia" Caedyn smiled as they began to leave the landing platform, walking alongside her while taking note of those within eyes reach. There were Mandalorians present, distinguishable in their armour, possibly working as a security detail. House Arenais had a strong Mandalorian connection due to his Mother and sister's affiliations. While Caedyn himself wasn't as close, nor as experienced with regard to intimate knowledge of the culture, it was another heartwarming reminder of his family's origins and heritage.

When asked about his family's wellbeing, Caedyn glanced at Taiia Locke Taiia Locke with a look of gracious appreciation; "My sister Loreena has retired from politics and instead chosen to settle down on Mnemosyne. I'm sure our parents would have been pleased to see her steering clear of trouble" he mused. Taiia wouldn't likely know the ease with which trouble often found his Sister, but she was reportedly a lot like their mother in that sense. "You may be familiar with my daughter Kristyl Arenais. She was with the Ascendency for a time, but has since taken on a diplomatic role since Lori's leave of duty" Caedyn explained in brief detail.

"Would I be mistaken in assuming you're related to John Locke John Locke , by chance?" Caedyn asked curiously. "I have long time been a purchaser of Locke and Key Mechanics technologies, and had the pleasure of meeting John when I was much younger" he concluded with a quiet chuckle in the expense of his age. "I believe we've walked in similar social circles for some time now" he added, "And I apologize it's taken this long for the two of us to meet as we are today".

"The village here is quite impressive" Caedyn spoke while taking the time to further enjoy the sights of their surroundings; "How long has the Enclave been active, if you don't mind my asking?".

0mto4eJ.png
purple1.png

Throughout the town there were primarily families of the students, as well as the mandalorian security presence. Most of the students however were in classes at that time so they had plenty of opportunity to stroll at a leisurely pace and take in all that Odessen had to show which granted was not much but still it was home. He spoke of some of his family names that were not familiar but when he mentioned Kristyl she lit up. "Yes Kristyl was lovely, I much enjoyed my time with her. Do let her know that I said hello and she should come visit sometime" When the question about John Locke came up she laughed a bit. "In a manner of speaking yes, I married his most famous or perhaps infamous cousin. Allyson, several years ago now actually. I am a Locke by marriage"

"I have not had need for most of what John offers but it's nice to know its there if needed. But I am glad to hear his products serve you well." when he apologized about the time it took for them to meet she waved away his concern. "One thing you will learn about me, while we may have had opportunities to meet before, I believe the Force wills us to meet when we are supposed to. Like now when I am hopefully in a position to provide you the answers you are seeking."

When he inquired about the enclave she pondered the question quietly "Well constuction started a long time ago to be truthful but its only become this active in the past few years. Many displaced force users after the collapse of so many once great nations."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I'll be sure to tell her" Caedyn replied with a proud smile. Kristyl hadn't always been so within reach for the majority of her life and it was nice to be spending more time with his daughter nowadays, yet there was still much about her time with the Ascendancy that Kris had neglected to disclose to him. Naturally, it was pleasing to hear that she had left a good impression on Taiia Locke Taiia Locke at the very least.

"I'm admittedly much more familiar with your wife than I am your Cousin" Caedyn chuckled quietly. Allyson Locke Allyson Locke held a long and great history as a Jedi, well known to both the Order of the Silver Jedi and the Galactic Alliance, no doubt among others; "I do hope Allyson is doing well these days. It's been a few years since I last had the pleasure of running into each other".

"And yes, I do hope to expand on my knowledge and learning here..." Caedyn confirmed as they continued to walk the city streets, "I too believe that the Force provides us with these welcome opportunities, and despite my years of service, there is always something more to be learned" he explained some.

"I've seen a lot of violence in my time as a Jedi, and sadly been forced to contribute to it as many are in their service on the frontlines. Whether it's in war, or seeking to disrupt criminal activity on a far smaller scale, I'm finding the endless fighting has been playing upon my mind lately. More so than not" Caedyn admitted, voicing but a piece of the overall puzzle that had led him to seek a shared understanding through Force Users just like Taiia.

"Perhaps it's my Je'daii origins and that which my Master tried to instil within a much younger me" He expressed, voicing his thoughts as they arrived; "But I worry for the ease in which Jedi seem to be drawn onto the war front, and I'm concerned that I may have become part of that problem myself".

0mto4eJ.png
purple1.png

"Oh you know Allyson well enough I am sure. She keeps busy but she always finds her way back to me so I can't complain too much. I'll let her know you said hello next time she comes through." she flashed a wry smile to Caedyn. As the conversation shifted back to his true purpose in being her she nodded firmly. "Every day we are not learning something, it is a wasted day. I forget who said that but they were quite right. One thing I have learned is just when you think you have the Force figured out it will surprise you."

She listened as he spoke and nodded along "Good people do regret ending life, it is not a natural act and it should never be a first choice for anybody. But sometimes it is necessary. The Force seeks balance surely you feel it all around us right now. Odessen is perfectly in balance neither Ashla or Bogan hold sway over this planet they are equal to one another. When something tips the balance on the galactic scale an answer must be given to balance it again."

"Look back to the great galactic war. The Republic was in a time in of peace unparalleled until the Sith returned. One could argue that there was an imbalance toward Ashla at the time so Bogan rose up to restore the balance. The Jedi tend to see that balance is achieved when they are at their zenith. But it is no more balanced at that time than it was when Palpatine was on the throne."

"All that said you are correct the fondness of war sometimes blinds people to the truth, both light and dark must exist, an absence of one is an imbalance something the force will correct" as she finished speaking they arrived at the door to the academy passing through the doors and into the hall.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn chuckled softly and nodded in agreement with the quote that Taiia Locke Taiia Locke had spoken. "One of my favourites was always 'A fool will believe he is wise, while the wise will believe themselves to be fools'. It's a good way of relating to our ability to be overconfident in thinking we know everything, and have all the right answers" he grinned as they walked together.

Caedyn certainly didn't claim to be wise in any sense. In fact, he had the terrible habit of doubting himself at the worst of times. It wasn't that he was incapable, or had failed in his role as a Jedi Knight, but rather that he was simply too hard on himself. There was no greater judgement passed down on him, than that of his own.

"You speak of the Bendu" Caedyn nodded in his agreement, "This is something I recently spoke about with one of my colleagues on Coruscant, regarding the ongoing war between the Jedi and the Sith". The Brotherhood of the Maw had been defeated in the battle of Exegol, yet the Sith would never truly be eliminated, nor did Caedyn believe such a thing was the answer to fighting that had carried on throughout generations on both sides.

"It makes you wonder whether there will ever be an end to the conflict between us. I would love to see the day where we finally stop persecuting one another for our differences, but for that to happen the Sith would need to cease their unlawful activities or the Jedi cease their search for justice in the Galaxy. Two things that both seem impossible and inherently wrong compared to the ideologies of both Orders" he expressed as they arrived at the entrance to the Odessen Acadamy.

0mto4eJ.png
purple1.png

She smiled at his quote and nodded in agreement. “A good one as well. I tend to do my best to make sure I remain a fool. It’s too easy to become complacent and think you know everything. As I said earlier the force can and will surprise you. Even still I am aware of gaps in my own thinking and I am constantly working toward those answers.”

When he mentioned Bendu she nodded. “Yes, you were trained as Je'daii at one point, correct? It’s exactly that.” When he began to muse about the end state of it all that's when she smiled and nodded enthusiastically “And that Caedyn is where scholars get stuck. Is there ever an end to the cycle, can we balance it once and for all? These are questions that none have been able to answer just yet. I can only say I do not think this struggle will be eternal but I have no proof other than my own feelings. What I can say is there will never be a final victory of dark or light, because a victory of one over the other will lead to a correction. The natural state is balanced and it must be returned to. In my opinion if the Sith were truly wiped out? Who is to say something worse would not rise from the ashes.”

As she stopped talking for a moment as they walked into her office, which amounted to little more than a small library with a seating area near a fire and a small table around which several chairs were placed, there was also a small writing desk in the corner. “It’s not much but it's where I spend most of my time.” she walked over and worked to put on some cafe. “Make yourself at home”

Caedyn Arenais

C
"It's perfect" Caedyn smiled as they stepped into Taiia Locke Taiia Locke 's office, a humble and very comfortable-looking room of study and personal business. He had listened as Taiia had expressed her beliefs and feelings on the matter, and it was gladdening to be able to share such time with her. This was an opportunity that he took with great appreciation, the chance to strengthen connections and relationships with fellow Jedi and Force Practitioners, especially those who differed in their place of service.

"I also appreciate your taking the time to share your views with me. You're correct about my Je'daii training, I started out with the Order as an apprentice to Asha Hex. She was a brilliant tutor, and the Je'daii ideologies and teachings, I have carried with me into my role within the New Jedi Order today" he explained, speaking with a tone of pride and admiration for his time with the Je'daii. He was a much younger man then, and to be privileged with receiving guidance and living alongside Asha had been a blessing never forgotten. "Hopefully, I've done her teaching proud in how I carry myself today" he added, voicing a wish and desire of his that he had often wondered about over the years since.

"I don't believe the Sith will ever be wiped out, nor the Jedi. Nor would I encourage such a massive loss of life and free will" Caedyn expressed, offering his own contribution on the subject of the dominance of either Order; "I often feel that the title of 'Sith' does a great deal to dehumanize the opposition from a Jedi or political standing. They are known to abuse their power and commit war crimes, history has proven this sure, but it concerns me how easy it sometimes appears for people to forget that the Sith are sentient, and deserving of the same human rights that we ourselves share.".

"All people are capable of wrong-doing, and Jedi are not perfect in themselves. Being Sentient means carrying flaws, and being susceptible to making bad choices...-But throw the word 'Sith' out there and the common reaction is often the wish to remove them from the Galaxy" Caedyn elaborated; "I find it saddening. Furthermore, I see no likelihood of the Sith combatting this judgement. Their aggression justifies Jedi intervention and so the cycle continues" he agreed, reiterating his prior remark in regards to the struggle of ever seeing a conclusion to the cycle of bloodshed between their Orders.

"It makes me want to speak with one from their Order, and try to understand their perspective of our history and their ideologies that justify such methods of service".

0mto4eJ.png
purple1.png

Taiia smiled somewhat proudly as he commented on the office. “Thank you, I am quite fond of it. I think I designed it well.” she returned to Caedyn with two fresh cups of Cafe and motioned for him to sit, as she took a seat opposite him by the fire.

“That is not the first time I have heard Asha Hex’s name and I suppose it won't be the last, she seems to have been a very important figure. I hope I get to meet her some day.” She studied the man as he spoke, taking a long sip of her cafe and pondering, he was a sincere and honest man with good qualities, but unlike her he still held out hope for the Jedi, mentally she wished him well. When he spoke about making Asha proud she smiled. “No doubt she would be, you carry yourself well and speak well about what you believe. I doubt any Master could ask for more.”

She shook her head slightly as the topic turned to the Sith with a couple crimson strands of hair falling into her vision. She simply tucked them back behind her ear and continued. “You are right, it was simply an example. You could no more kill the Sith than you could kill time. You could gain a victory for a time, but they always return their teachings will always find a willing heart with a thirst for power. Enduring is their true strength.”

“It is common practice in the power plays of the galaxy to divide even if that group is a credible threat, as you say, to dehumanize the enemy is to close all chances at peace.. Ask yourself this, what would the galaxy look like today if the Jedi had never shunned those who delved into the darker side of the force? Arbitrary limits were placed, because somebody else was uncomfortable. The discomfort of a few may well have changed the course of a galaxy.”

She smiled at him as she took another sip of her cafe. “And why would the Sith refute anything the Jedi would say when nobody would hear them? Instead they embrace the role they were cast in. Yes I say cast because it was not the Sith that caused the great schism was it?”

When he pondered speaking with one of their order she nodded. “And now we come to the crux of it, to solve the problem there must first be dialogue. And this academy is full of those who serve the light and the dark and who like me are in the middle. If that is your wish, I may be able to accommodate it, in a shall we say a safe and controlled environment. A much better suggestion than tea with the Emperor I would say,”

Caedyn Arenais

C
"No it wasn't" Caedyn replied, soon moving to take the seat offered to him and turning to look back to Taiia Locke Taiia Locke as she offered him a cup of caf; "I'm familiar with the history. The followers of Ashla exiled the followers of Bogan out of fear that their power could corrupt them. Then they decided to attack the followers of Bogan in a preempted strike, all out of concern and suspicion" Caedyn reiterated the story that had been told to him by his Master.

"And that's one example of how flawed we can be. Not just the Sith alone, but all people if they're not careful" he concluded, soon raising his cup to his lips and taking a slow sip of the hot beverage, his gaze however cast towards the far side of the room as he considered the lessons that could be taken from their history.

"It's common for culture or race to take on the image that society projects upon them. The Sith for example is commonly referred to as being evil, hated and feared; So in turn what motivation do they have to prove any different when society has already rejected them" Caedyn pointed out, "couple that with the fact that the Jedi are praised as heroes yet responsible for their discrimination, it is understandable why they might carry generational hurt and resentment". In Caedyn's experience, you did not often hear a Jedi speaking in such a way, but he had been encouraged by both his parents and his Master to keep an open mind wherever possible; To consider the other side of a story, removing oneself from the bias of their own lens, and stepping into the shoes of others to make sense of their position, actions or words.

"I would be most happy to sit down with one of your colleagues here, and it would not be the first time. Some years back my Enclave on Svivren was approached by a member of the Sith Empire, where we discussed our views on ideologies and the teachings of either Organization. I found the experience to be encouraging, not just the fact that there was no violence, but that we were able to share with one another despite our affiliations and differences. This is something the Galaxy needs to see more of".

0mto4eJ.png
purple1.png

The redhead listened as Caedyn spoke, confirming some of her own viewpoint and in cases expounding on them. Like her he saw the force for what it was, it was rather reassuring that there were those outside these walls that shared her views. She quietly lifted her cup to her lips and took a sip as he continued to speak.

As he finished speaking she lowered her cup and gave an affirming nod. “You see things much the way I do Caedyn. History after all is a chronicle of what has come to pass if you are so inclined to learn from it. Granted the story changes slightly based on who is doing the retelling but there is only so much that can obfuscate the truth if one is determined enough”

“I believe the great schism should not have happened, and but for a few misguided individuals it would not have. Still there is no undoing the past, so we most simply learn from it and adapt. Based on your account of your meeting at this enclave, I would say you are well on your way. You are also correct in that dialogue is what we need more than war. While some on both sides might be willing to slash and burn across the galaxy. I believe there are those like us who wish to end the cycle of violence.”

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I believe there are those like us who wish to end the cycle of violence.”

This was encouraging to hear, despite the fact that Caedyn had not heard many speak of the same concerns or theories, that he held, outside of the Jedi Order. Then again, he had heard little from those within, too. "I'm not certain how my peers on Coruscant feel about the matter. I believe the New Jedi Order isn't as militaristic as it once used to be, but I also think these conversations are approached with great care due to the response that others have given me in the past" Caedyn spoke softly, looking around the personal office space of Taiia Locke Taiia Locke 's while reflecting on their discussion and those he had held with his fellow Jedi. "Truthfully I have been cautious in how many of the Jedi I have spoken to regarding my concerns for the future. I have only been present there for shy under two years since leaving the Silver Jedi, and I am still gauging their tolerance of more pacifistic thinking. I myself have followed the Guardian's path until recently, and so I am equal part to blame in the fighting of years past".

"My Father, on the other hand, lived for this sort of thing. A Jedi Consular from his early years as a Padawan, he carried himself with much more grace and diplomacy compared to myself" Caedyn offered a wary smile in speaking of Veiere. The Jedi Master had not been flawless but Caedyn could still recall the impact that Veiere's conclaves could have on those who chose to attend. The same scepticism that Veiere was met with, was perhaps what caused Caedyn to apply more caution in his approach.

"These others that you speak of, however, would you know where they might be located?" Caedyn's gaze fell back to Taiia, curious to know more about these groups that she had in mind. So far he had managed to meet with a number of individuals, but he could see great value in visiting and speaking with a congregation of practitioners with views similar to their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom