Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private If It's Not In the Archives..... It Does Not Exist!

Markus gave a hearty chuckle when Adalee said to rent a better ship. Was the Padawan blind or just trying to get him angry because it wasn't going to work. Markus has experienced many insults in the past who were just jealous of his rising status as another great Kortu. From "fracking piece of chit to "cheeky fellow." Markus considered those japes as badges of honor those people loathe the fact Markus is just better at everything he does. It's only natural for people to harbor jealousy and Markus doesn't blame them, he was just born better. Markus can easily endure the petty taunts by a womanchild who has no goals in her life. It was a good thing he managed to save her just in time.....

"You just realize that we were flying in an M-Class Luxury Liner? " Markus said giving Adalee a smug smile. "You think I would rent a rust bucket that can barely go into hyperspace? Please! A Kortu settles for nothing but the best."

Markus could sense the Port Administrator's presence he was getting closer however Markus could feel the Pau'un's growing fear. His eyebrows crinkled into a frown. What was wrong he wondered but it was best to place those concerns in the back of his mind. Markus was going back to doing what he loved, besides the Port Administrator was probably worried about how much credits the city will have to spend to refill the freighter. No big deal, Markus' father could just repay the city back with interest if need be.

"Miss Throne your petulance is noted," Markus said. "But we are among guests so for the sake of the Silver Jedi Order best keep it to yourself."

He gave Adalee a smug smile when she called him: Master. "Well at least you're learning," he said while the Port Administrator arrived with his fellow compatriots behind him.

databank_tionmedon_01_169_bf78864d.jpeg

"Greetings! Master Kortu!" The Port Administrator said giving Markus a curt bow.

"Greetings Soru Dao," Markus smiled bowing back. "It feels good to be back at Utapau again, If I may I'll need to refuel my ship as I begin my excavation."

"Ah yes the foray into Kazum: One of our many abandoned Sinkhole cites," he said concern forming on his pale face. "We may have some difficulties giving you the clearance to explore."

"Difficulties?" Markus stood up straighter his smile gone. "What do you mean?"

"We can discuss this matter at dinner tonight," Soru sighed setting his gaze on Adalee. "And who might your companion be?"

"This is Adalee Throne," Markus said. "My Padawan."

"Oh?" Soru said placing his hands on his walking stick. "Well greetings to you too Miss Throne. Welcome to Pau City."

Markus remained silent his thoughts dwelling on this "difficulty" the Port Administrator is having. Not even a minute in and they already hit a snag, well might as find out what's wrong. He is a Jedi after all.

Adalee Thorne Adalee Thorne

Last edited:

bvpHzX4.png

Petulance? Adalee lightly frowned, she wanted to explode on him. Obviously, judging from her last outburst she wouldn't give him the satisfaction. If anyone was being childish, it was him. It was clear to her that he was blind to his own selfishness and clear love of his own achievements. Still, Adalee knew many the same way and it didn't necessarily mean they were terrible people. She only knew this because she too was one to be the same way. Her ability to duel anyone with steel, had come to make her notorious among multiple worlds in the effort to make Lorrd a more prospering world. In fact, her thoughts drifted to home, but only for a slight second. She wondered if the project was being shut down on Lorrd that was manufacturing deadly biochemical weapons. She had gotten word it was poisoning the water supply on the east end of Lorrd Academy, where the aquatic center had been dealing with unusual levels of toxic chemicals. She hated not being there. Worse, she hated that she had to contact a criminal overlord to get the job done.

She had to put a stop to a potential infection at any means possible, her wealth bought that those means. Her words bought her time. With constant messages coming from representatives from Lorrd, she had to put that stuff to the way-side. She was here now, on Utapau. She would have to do as her Master ordered. A small fraction of her own being felt it was the only respectful thing to do. She didn't even feel like a Jedi, so why would she do anything for the Silvers sake? Master Kortu had it wrong, she was only here because she couldn't disobey her mother. Well, some of that was the full truth. The half-turth was she was actually surprised with Master Kortu, he was the only one that really seemed to care less about her obstinate attitude and cared more for her own progress. Regardless, Adalee found him annoying.

"Well at least you're learning."

Adalee crossed her arms, her cloak swaying in the dry breeze as she stood. He was right, she actually learned about Lightsabers and components of the internal tool more than she ever had. She knew he meant something entirely different. She didn't let it bother her, instead she averted her attention to the Port Administration. They seemed a little anxious of Master Kortu's arrival. Adalee overheard the conversation as she stood to the side of Master Kortu, she observed them each. All of the remained with a straightened posture, she remembered her mother's teachings. Her political prowess kicked in. Her back straightened and it seemed she stood taller than those around her. Adalee remained silent though, she wouldn't want to interject where the Kortu's did business. Then she was introduced.

"Well greetings to you too Miss Throne. Welcome to Pau City."

Adalee couldn't find the words to respond with and stepped forward. She gave a warm nod. It was a motion to say thank you for her welcome.

"Trust me, Adminstrator Dao. The Pleasure is all mine." Adalee looked up, over them hung a large angular cliff. "Your city is truly beautiful."

Adalee shifted her attention back to the Port Administrator.

"I look forward to hearing all about it at dinner." Adalee finished with a sincere smile. She really meant it, Pau City was unique in a gorgeous way. She hoped her words reached them all and backed away, standing to the side of her Master once more.

Markus Kortu Markus Kortu

Markus couldn't help but actually give Adalee a genuine smile at least the Padawan has appreciation for culture. The Utai came back from the Freighter each of them carrying Markus' and Adalee's luggage. The native race scurried past the pair heading for the hotel rooms. "I'm sure you two are tired from your travels," Soru said approaching Markus sounds of his walking stick clacking against the stone floor.

"We are, Mr. Dao," Markus said beginning to walk towards the Hotel. "But I can't help but feel that you have my curiosity regarding your problem."

"All in due time my friend," Soru said. "We're still trying to contain the situation."

That did not give Markus reassurance at all. "I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about," he said as they approached the Hotel. "Farewell my Port Administrator," he gave a curt bow.

Markus gave a deep sigh before turning to Adalee. "Come on Adalee," he said. "We need to talk roles during the expedition, you like to use your back. Well you get to be my personal pack mule and start carrying all of the items necessary for archelogy."

He gave chortle. "It will be fun!" Markus said. "Never in my many forays into the ancient tombs have had an intern," The Jedi consular opened the door stepping into the stone carved room. "You'll be paid of course," Markus said. "In experience and the fact that I'm gracing you with my presence. Not that I have any choice you were...."

2a021bd2e61b44a0180507edd9b80bad.jpg

Markus' smile faded a little. "Assigned to me for whatever reason other to annoy me," he said quickly transforming his smile into a smirk.

Last edited:

bvpHzX4.png

Adalee walked for what seemed like an hour, before reaching the inner hotel. The grand opening to the central room before they checked in gave her a new sense of possibilities. The fact that an entire civilization managed to used the inner domains of a rocky mountain and turn it into a home was unreal. She had her own assumptions of course, but to her surprise the inside of the grand palace, seemed to retain heat. Adalee always imagined living inside stone would be cold. She was wrong. She looked at Markus, his tall stature easing into the door frame like a giant compared to her. The room was dimly lit and the casting shadows along the engraved walls spoke fathoms of the artistic capabilities of those that built it. The clear care and polish reminded her of the marble crafts back on Lorrd. She smiled, but only for a small brief moment.

Adalee wasn't going to nitpick, but the floors were bare and the strange placed rugs lacked innovation. She wasn't used to mediocre design, but the walls were where she admired the Pau. They had made something of barren walls. Made something of a rock, made a thriving place of respite to their own kind and tourist alike. Her fingers found the inner crevices of the engravings, till she stopped, placed her few belongings on the lengthy bed in the far most corner and sat. The words of the annoying Kortu ruining her delightful artistic appreciations.

"We need to talk roles during the expedition, you like to use your back. Well you get to be my personal pack mule and start carrying all of the items necessary for archelogy."

Adalee leaned back, her eyes rolling as her head hit the soft cushions below. The blank grey ceiling matched that of the floor.

What a waste. She thought staring at the blank canvas. It made her wonder why only the walls were dressed in art. Of course, she wasn't here for those answers, instead she was here for a expedition. One that, all things considered, was a little out of her wheel house. Usually, given her wealth, she'd have a group of trained archeologists go off to find clues to her grimoire. Even now, such things remained in the depths of her mind. No matter that, she had no time to think with her pestering Master constantly talking.

"Never in my many forays into the ancient tombs have had an intern,"

Adalee snapped back with her quick wit. "I can't imagine why...I mean you've been so respectful and that part about making me a pack mule...who wouldn't want to be your intern!?" Sarcasm spilled from her words. Then, she lifted herself off the comfortable cushions. Her stomach growling for sustenance.

"I can't wait for dinner, I'm so hungry."

The Utapaus have a unique artform blending the dynamic with the esoteric. It was one of the most underappreciated styles of art in the Galaxy, the arrogant, out of touch art critic would have a heart attack seeing true art. Years of Archelogy has made Markus appreciate art in all of its spender, so many ways to express yourself to leave your mark on the Galaxy. That was something Markus hoped to achieve as well, at least Adalee seemed to appreciate it until she muttered that it was a waste. "Did you know my unlettered padawan," Markus said. "That the color gray plays a major part in Utapau culture it means one of respect and honor. So no! It's not a waste."

Already Adalee was reminding Markus one of those self righteous critics further compounded when she sarcastically mentioned that she would love to be a pack Mule. "Good!" Markus said clapping his hands. "It'll be wonderful to have you carry all the items, you probably have a deeper respect for the intricacies of being a Jedi Archeologist."

Which sadly aren't many in the Silvers but somebody had to do it and it was great way for Markus to make his mark. "Please," Markus said. "One time I've fasted for six months relying on nothing the Force nourish me. You should learn how to quell your hunger Adalee. It builds character and boy do you need a lot of character building."

He chuckled. "But don't worry my woeful apprentice," Markus said with a smug smile. "Through my guidance you'll be molded into the greatest Jedi ever. Well second greatest after myself but hey! The silver medal isn't bad!"

Markus then sighed. "But I hope you have a fancy dress ready," he said. "Because we need to be ready, I can sense a disturbance in the Force. From where we're going tomorrow, the Dark Side is forming to an unsettling rate."

He shook his head. "It's strange really, there was no sign of Force activity when I scouted the area. It must have something to do with the Port Administers'...... distress."

That chilling feeling only became bigger, what did the Pau'ans find that they're not telling Markus?

bvpHzX4.png

The greatest Jedi ever..

Adalee's mind focused on those words. It was funny that Markus thought she could be; when she couldn't see herself being a Jedi at all five hours ago. She knew what she told him was true. She wanted to be one as bad as she didn't. The title came with more than just grandiose adventures. It came with a full package of turmoil and loneliness. Of course, it wasn't all depressing. She had witnessed great things come from the Silver Order. Adalee's real issue was what kind of Jedi was she allowed to be. Being one wasn't just super powers and laser swords. It was much, much more complicated. Plus, even now; if she was to be seen as such, on a world where her political stature mattered, they would think she strictly sided with the Silvers. They would be wrong. Still, her persona mattered and she wasn't sure if this happenstance of being thrown back into the training regiment was her mother or father. Hell, knowing how conniving the two of them were Adalee considered both. What bothered her about the whole arrangement to meet with a Master was the sudden planning.

Either way, she was stuck being a intern, not a Jedi.

"A dress? I've only the finest of such from Lorrd. A black rose fabric that shines through brighter than any other rose in it's quarter." Adalee paused with a smile. She looked to her luggage and patted it with her hand softly. "Victoria comes with me everywhere I go."

Her entire wardrobe had been delivered like it always had. Sure, her things on the ship came with her, but there was always a person in the background taking care of this one set duty. Without her clothes, Adalee would feel naked. She appreciated fashion over art, significantly more. Her eyes examined the large boxy luggage, its length that of a standing armoire. Markus probably thought she was ridiculous, but she cared little for small minds.

Adalee placed her delicate white hand on the entangled handle. The bronze a crafted thorn plant. She pulled and examined Victoria.(Wardrobe's name.) Her yellow irises scanned for the right one, until they stopped. She heard more blabbering from her pestering noble Jedi Master. He really never stopped. Her ears perked and the words that slide out of his mouth made her curious.

"The dark side?" Adalee asked, her head peeking out from behind the tall case. "Are you saying...what I think you mean?"

She had come across one Sith in her time. Well, exiled rather than a practitioner of the dark arts. Still, she had to duel him for political gains on a ruthless world where primitive arenas were the deciding factor in terms and agreements. She remembered him easily, it was only duel that had forced her steel blades to be unsheathed. In fact, she could have died that day. Maybe, this was the reason. Getting another shot at being a Jedi to quell the dangers of those who were willing to use those practices to kill. Adalee knew a killer on sight, but a Sith, she knew in her bones and heart. She knew, because she wasn't a stranger to their forms of blood magic, yet, she worried for herself.

Adalee looked back into the case, examining closer. The black dress revealing itself in all its glory. She would have been happy if her only thought wasn't tarnishing the moment.

You're not a Sith! You did it once! You're not a Sith!

Markus snapped out of his trance when Adalee mentioned a Victoria, he raised an eyebrow when the woman turned to her wardrobe to gather her dress. "Victoria?!" He said with contempt in his voice. "I don't know what's more peculiar the fact that you named your wardrobe or the fact that you actually have a wardrobe worth mentioning."

Maybe Adalee has some class to her after all, instead of some cromag with a intelligence of a Barbarian with a cudgel. "At least you have some semblance of being civilized," Markus said. "Even if your taste in fabric is less than desirable."

His thoughts returned back to the dark presence he sensed from afar. Something was going on in those abandoned ruins and Markus couldn't help but get the feeling that it's only going to get bigger. "Yes," Markus said sitting on the edge of his bed. "The Darkside is growing stronger you can feel it no? Looks like our little abandoned city has a few.... dark secrets. Something that the dear host isn't telling us.

He gripped his hands on the sheets, Markus hated the fact that he overlooked some key elements when he began to excavate the ruins. But archelogy is unpredictable and one must always be on the lookout of the twists and turns of historical artifacts. However, it was irritating that these eventful changes happened before Markus arrived. What wasn't helping matters was that Soru was deliberately hiding something from Markus. "I'm going to have a little chat with Mr. Dao tonight," Markus said getting up and heading towards his luggage. "I suggest you have some questions for him as well Adalee. A Jedi must always be curious and inquisitive instead being a bloodthirsty barbarian."

Markus smiled. "You know?" he said. "Like you keep acting."

Last edited:

bvpHzX4.png

Adalee fought with herself, a lot. The fact that she had to deal with her own secrets and start jumping into others wasn't something that made her feel well. It seemed above all things that the voice in her head made her feel unsure of what she was. Was she a forced Jedi? Or a betrayer of the lightside because of her only ancestral gift in the force; Blood Magic. Still, she rummaged carefully through the giant wardrobe, each piece of fabric calming her as her thoughts finally processed on what Markus was saying.

"At least you have some semblance of being civilized, Even if your taste in fabric is less than desirable."

She held her tongue, it seemed her own master would continue to be childish in every aspect. He truly was the worst egotistical thing to exist. Adalee didn't find his words as charming as her perfect "Victoria." His incorrigible comments didn't matter. His answers did and when her curiosity was finally satisfied about the darkside presence, she felt a tiny chill before her dress slipped over her bare legs and around her slender waist. In truth, regardless of the Markus's ill timed comment...

She was stunning.

The mirror on the sides of each door of her wardrobe stand reflected back her beauty, innocent and firm. A slight smile had befallen her lips. She knew it was the right choice. She slammed the doors shut and stepped out from behind the wooden luxury. Markus continued to explain the severity of the dinner, not to mention her sudden involvement. This is where she would shine.. politics.

"I suggest you have some questions for him as well Adalee. A Jedi must always be curious and inquisitive instead being a bloodthirsty barbarian. You know?"

His pause seemed thoughtful, before his words stuck her like a dagger.

"Like you keep acting."

Adalee walked closer to the center of the room before grabbing two small boxes in her other luggage. She popped one box open and smiled, earings staring back at her.

"Acting..." She said, her voice now proper. "Whatever do you mean, Master?"

Markus opened his luggage seeing clothing neatly folded as well as the cologne and other utilities inside the pockets. The Consular made sure to pack all of his things personally as he did not trust his servants to fold the clothing to his standards. Markus strove for perfection and anything out of the parameters of perfection would not do. Of course he expected to have a perfect Padawan but given how she was mouthing off to her superior, Markus though considered a challenge. If she was going to act like petulant child who wanted a toy then she'll be treated as such.

"Don't be ignorant my simple-minded apprentice," Markus said. "But of course, you are like a child in need of guidance. You obsess with swords and fighting. A Jedi does not think of combat, they think of how to solve issues without violence."

The Jedi Consular walked and gently patted Adalee's head. "Do not worry," he smiled. "Like the brave Shepard, I shall your docile Sheep self towards the direction that you need to go. You will be a Jedi one way or another."

bvpHzX4.png

The exchanges were consistent. Adalee gave Markus credit in that regard, he was who he was; a self obsessed prodigy of an idealistic legacy that seemed as frail as his words. She had seen this behavior in others before, during her political struggles. It seemed Markus was using his words to deflect and defend, a method that wouldn't work with Adalee. In fact, she was almost sad at his loneliness, of course; a Jedi led a different life. In most cases many Jedi lived to serve, with or without compassion. A life without key emotional values that made people...well, people. Adalee hated the thought, being a mindless servant to the cause...the lightside of the force. It was ludicrous. She couldn't even call on the powers of the invisible force at will, let alone a version of it outside blood magic. Everything seemed off, but with the obstinate Master at her side, things seemed possible, more...doable.

Truthfully, Adalee was worried she would be lost to such an agressive lifestyle of escaping her emotions. For her, it's what made her, who she was. It didn't matter if she would become a Jedi or not, she wanted to be the same woman she had grown into. Not a mindless servant to the council, or her mother and father.

"Do not worry, You will be a Jedi one way or another."

Adalee's eyes shifted over to Markus, his words piercing through her reluctance. The force had gifted him many things, but she wasn't sure if one of them allowed him to hear her thoughts. Rather, sense her trepidation. All things considered, his words shocked her to the core. She was conflicted, unsure and wayward.

"Let's hope for both our sakes, you're right." Adalee said, lifting her feet to slip on the heels from the bigger, secondary box. "I'm ready, now just to be clear."

Adalee stopped, a knock at the door alerting her before she could finish.

"We get to the bottom of this disturbance by questioning Soru..." Adalee continued, making her way to the door. "You do realize if he's in cahoots with those in your dig site, we might stir the wrong soup."

The door swung open, as a tall lengthy Volpai stood patiently for both Adalee and Markus. The blue skin reminded Adalee of the clear seas on Lorrd. Still, the young Volpai was dressed in a tight fitted bellman suit. An escort to show them to dinner.

Then without hesitation he spoke.

"As soon as the two of you are ready, Soru awaits you at the dinner table. I'll be your guide." He said, his four arms moving as he spoke. "One more thing, there was a request from another guest joining, a Noble...by the name of-" The Volpai lifted a small sheet of paper and pronounced the name clearly. "Mister Von Baron, of House Tithe."

Adalee looked back at markus, unsure if he knew the name. It seemed they were both in the dark on this one.

"He would like to speak to you privately, the both of you after dinner, do you accept?"

Adalee smirked, it seemed something even more fishy was going on than the two of them expected. She held up her finger and turned away.

"Well Master? What do you think we should do?" Adalee asked, her words heavy with curiosity. She hoped he agreed to meeting with the mysterious man. If anything, it could be their ticket to really finding out what Soru was hiding. On the other hand, things could turn ugly if he was a representative of the disturbing forces her Master felt. Regardless, Adalee knew something was off.

Markus did not like being rushed he believed in taking care of himself making sure that there were no blemishes on his face. His Padawan had the audacity to hurry him along as if he's some servant. No! The people of Utapau wait for Markus not the other way around. His face felt a little puffy due to spending nights trying to map out the area of the abandoned city. Markus needed an ice mask as well as honey scented facewash in order to stop the swelling. How can this Padawan who claims to be part of a noble house does not know anything about keeping appearances?!

"You look..... okay." Markus said looking over her dress. "Not beautiful but I would say a very striking woman."

The Jedi Consular shook his head while he doused his suit with perfume made from the gardens of Naboo. "But don't tell the master what to do, to assume is to make a fool out of yourself."

But as much as Markus didn't want to admit it, Adalee was right the disturbance was still felt. Something was definitely off about the Utapauans. An hour later, the pair reached the dinner place with a man saying that a noble was waiting for them. "A man from House Tithe?" Markus raised an eyebrow. "Curious, yes where are we going to meet this Baron?"

bvpHzX4.png

Adalee shifted her glance back to the bellman, the blue tint of the Volpai almost taking her by surprise once more. Her mind was almost swept away in the dark blue waves of Lorrd, but she remained stoic in her answer. She figured there was only one way to peak both her own and Master Kortu's curiosity.

"We accept."

The House of Tithe?

She questioned it in her mind, her eyes scrambling, only to stop dead on the Volpai strangely staring. It was awkward, more for her than the servant of Von Baron. Still, there was something familiar of the name. She ignored it and pranced across the floor deeper into the room for her own scented puffs of perfume. She didn't bother to check the mirror, blemishes or not. She was here by force, or maybe even of the force. Either way, she too was a representative of a house. One that held weight, but not on Utapau. All things considered, something was off, she could feel it in her blood. She spun, elegantly so; as she grabbed another peice to her outfit. A black shoal, to cover her revealing back and shoulders. Stunning or not, she had her own game to play in the grand scheme of things. Plus, if Master Kortu got her in deep with his own baggage, she had to be ready for anything.

"Are we going or not?" Adalee whined, she wasn't used to men taking so long for a dinner...or anything else really. Markus was worse than her, rather; pathetic in his attempts to find beauty staring into a mirror. "You do realize your face isn't going to change no matter how long you look at yourself.." She made way for the door to meet the firm standing Volpai waiting for the two of them. "I'm ready, please take us to dinner."

Adalee had enough waiting and as she stepped through the frame of the door, a sudden burst of dread hit her. She almost froze, but corrected her walking. It was an odd feeling, one that hadn't ever come to her in the past. She had used one spell in the book of Dirge, one simple spell. Was this a side effect? Or Worse? She took a deep breath and let out a small sigh. The feeling passed and Adalee faked a smile.

Last edited:
Markus had to fight the urge to laugh, it's funny to see another noble actually NOT care about their looks. Was Adalee raised in a shed? "My dear Adalee," Markus said patting her back. "Appearances always matter, when you are negotiating one must look presentable you don't want to look like some slob now do you?"

The Consular shrugged. "Maybe you do like rolling in the mud," he said. "But as long as you're my apprentice, you will know proper etiquette. You are from a House no? I assume you weren't raised by Wolves."

He clapped his hands. "Come Adalee!" Markus said. "Our guests wait, try not to make a fool out of yourself we are to probe them of the tombs."

The disturbance still lingered...... Markus will definitely have questions for them.

bvpHzX4.png

She could feel it in her gut now. The same disturbance she felt when she entered the hallway. Regardless of how she felt, she had to remain composed, not for Markus's sake, but for potential future negotiations. If she was going to honor House Thorne, she would do it how she always had, with class and etiquette. Markus was lost on the very ideals she came from, it wasn't her fault he had insecurities. Even so, she could see the end of hallway, hues of bright lights shimmered as they all turned the corner into a wide open room. It's grandiose design almost made Adalee gasp, but she contained it. Her composure came naturally in the sight of unique environments. In truth, she loved the architectural innovations, it seemed to remind her of home. The mixed intrusion of the canyons of Utapau fused with the dining room. It was truly, magnificent. The red rock layers entangled the four corners of the room. The stalagmites creating a wondrous form of pillars that held the ceiling up with ease. She wanted to mention them, but instead averted her eyes to the host at the opposite end of the large table perfectly sitting in the center. Above, a large marble chandelier hung over it.

Adalee stepped onto the red velvet carpet that smothered the entire area. The lanky bellman shifted his body openly, his hands motioning toward the table. Adalee slightly nodded in recognition before she reached the edge of the wooden table. The engraved outer edge was another form of art that added another artisitic layer to the whole piece. She lightly smiled, waiting for the servant to sit her closer to the host, Soru Dao.

Patiently, she stood, motionless awaiting the proper instructions to be sat. Then, it hit her like a pit, an infestation of darkness. It tingled through her whole body, making her stiff in her posture. Her back straightened and while she didn't try to it made her look more astute in her stunning black get-up. She took a slight deep breath. Her eyes searched for the source, but nothing.

"Please, sit here Adalee..." Soru Dao said, his eagerness lifted with his tone. If he was in cahoots with whatever she felt, she would need to be much more careful than she thought. She dealt with criminals before, but those that were capable of the worst, were those that exchanged words. Those that crafted manipulative tactics. She knew these things all too well. His words forced Adalee out her cautious trance as the tingle dispersed. She obeyed her host, sitting womanly in every way next to Soru Dao.

"Mister Soru, I thank you for your hospitality." Adalee spoke softly. "Might I add, this is truly a gorgeous dining room." She smiled and her amber eyes met with Markus briefly, before he was sat too. To her, the games had begun...

a game of words and deception.

"Indeed," Markus looked around the immaculate dining room a mixture of rock and bone. The Pau'ans have a sharp and creative eye for art something Markus appreciated. As soon as he and Adalee sat on the wooden chairs, the native Utais immediately set their plates filled with food: Steaks freshly done and mashed potatoes and utensils down. One of them stood on the table pouring the two of them Wine into their goblets. Markus nodded his head in thanks to the servants taking his napkin and placing it on his lap. Staring at his food, Markus had to admit his mouth was watering seeing the juice pour from the soft Steak.

"I've had my people prepare the best food for a more.... human taste." Soru said his long, thin fingers wrapped around the goblet raising his glass. "A toast to the Master Jedi and his apprentice."

Markus remained silent raising his glass and expecting Adalee to do the same. "You really outdid yourself Soru," he said. "Though the last time we've eaten, we've Pau'an soup. Something I've sung praises when I returned to Silver space/ Clearly, humans are biologically capable of digesting your meals and I request that we eat more."

"I was worried about your Padawan," Soru said though Markus could tell something was off.

"I see...." Markus said beginning to cut his meat. "We've known each other for years, you know my tastes Soru. Why the Steak? It's clearly not my favorite meal though it does look delicious."

"I wanted you to feel like you're at home." Soru said. "People can be..... homesick."

"Only if you don't have an adventurer's heart," Markus said eating a piece of meat. "I assume business doing well?"

Soru said nothing.

bvpHzX4.png

Soru motioned for a few others to join in from the backside of Adalee's chair. It seemed Mr. Dao was more wealthy than she thought as multiple servants laid down the bright colored dishes in front of them. The steak looked perfectly cooked, something that Adalee intended to eat all of...if not for the constant nagging feeling that something was terribly wrong. She listened carefully and in respect to Soru's words to Markus, she too; rose her glass in commemoration to themselves. She caught the tail end of Soru's words.

"Please Mr. Dao, I've dined with heathens before. This meal looks..." Adalee paused, her fork stabbing through the already sliced meat. It met her lips for only a moment before being chewed and swallowed. "and delicious. Truly, I'm nothing to worry about." Her lips curled upward, a smile reaching her, but this time it was authentic. She hadn't seen or ate a good meal in a long while. It reminded her of home, she missed Lorrd, but understood her obligations. Even if it meant playing Jedi for a day. She didn't truly feel like one, she never did. Something deep inside wanted her to be "good enough," partly for her father. The other half, might have been herself, but it remained to be seen. Even being called an apprentice sounded off.

"Oh please, Master." Adalee said sarcastically, her eyes telling a story of neglect. "Of course his businesses are doing well, look at this room. The help, even the food. Mr. Dao, you've outdone yourself. This experience will be one to remember for sure."

Adalee hoped Markus picked up on her efforts to flatter their host, she didn't mean any disrespect toward her newly appointed Master. Rather, she meant to propel the conversation forward, small antics were all fluff and no substance. The best way she found to get things going was to compliment them with a rhetorical answer. Despite her kind words, she could sense the tension in the air. She looked back down at her plate. She closed her eyes for barely a second and a faint whisper came. The words sent a chill up her spine.

witch.

Adalee is right about one thing; the Steak was good it's just that his dear friend is trying to hide something. The way Soru was trailing in his sentences, Pau'un were a confident species. Hesitation was seen as a sign of weakness and thus they take great pains to hide any subtle hints. Adalee must've noticed it too based on her flattery. "Well, it's nowhere near the dinner we've had a year ago Soru," Markus said eating into the Steak watching Soru drink a whole goblet of Wine and immediately asking Utau for another glass.

"I thank you Miss Thorne," Soru said his voice shaking a bit. "I trust that Master Kortu is doing a good job in teaching you in the ways of the Force?"

"Yes I am," Markus interjected locking eyes with Soru. "It turns like many things, I'm very good at it."

"Nice," Soru said taking a nervous breath.

"What's on your mind my friend," Markus said taking another sip. "You seem..... quiet not like talkative person that you usually are. Did you finish that painting of your wife?"

"I did," Soru answered immediately.

"It's painted in the more esoteric form correct?" Markus asked. "Cubism?"

"Yes."

"Fascinating."

Markus placed his Goblet down. "I thought you detested Cubism," he said. "Last time we spoke about it you went on a passionate tirade saying that the art was too blocky for your tastes."

Soru paused. "I-I did?!" He chuckled as the Utai came with a goblet. He immediately took the beverage and was about to drink it until Markus raised his hand.

"I think you've drank enough," Markus said allowing the cup to levitate. "Something is amiss my friend and I will not risk me and my Padawan's life in the abandoned tombs tomorrow."

"W-What are you saying Jedi?!" Soru said. "What are you talking about?!"

"You come here presenting us with human food, drinking your wine like a commoner after a long day in construction and is generally acting in ways that is not entuned with your personality. So talk! Soru or do I have to send the Silver Jedi Order to do a through investigation?"

bvpHzX4.png

The careless whisper distracted her from the table talk. It grew softer the more intensely she tried to listen, but once it faded the voice of Markus Kortu Markus Kortu came back to her, his tone that of a displeased Jedi.
"Something is amiss my friend and I will not risk me and my Padawan's life in the abandoned tombs tomorrow."

Adalee didn't consider such things, at least, not in the way Markus spoke about her. If he was playing to the beat of his own drum for flair of the dramatics, that was one thing. If her 'Master' meant those words, she would have to consider their lives together. She understood what it meant to be an apprentice, but not to the extent of having a firm and solid foundational partnership. One that formed through and of the force. Admittedly, she wished that could be true, but alas, she could not develop such bonds through the force...so, she thought. She was incapable of anything Jedi. Instead, all she knew she could do, was morph blood into solid coagulated spheres. That was about it, the book of Dirge was hard to decipher and if she was going to truly learn how to use her powers...a Jedi Master wouldn't be any help.

Adalee pushed herself away from the table, the chair sliding across the red velvet carpet below. She could see the frustration in Markus, but his outburst came with a fury she hadn't seen before, not yet.

"You come here presenting us with human food, drinking your wine like a commoner after a long day in construction and is generally acting in ways that is not en-tuned with your personality. So talk! Soru or do I have to send the Silver Jedi Order to do a through investigation?"

She smirked, it seemed she would have to handle this carefully. Adalee didn't need the force to tell Soru was nervous and hesitant to fork up the information they had already suspected was being witheld from them. Although, his composure seemed to crumble at the very end, when the Silver Jedi Order was tossed in to make him squirm. They had him and as her amber eyes lifted to see Markus patiently waiting for an answer, Adalee interjected.

"Soru, forgive my Master's indiscretion. In fact, we would even be willing to forgive your own indiscretions. Provided you tell us..." Adalee paused, she stood from her seat now and placed her hands flat on the table as she leaned forward. "Exactly what is going on." She smiled, but it was disingenuous. "You know Markus, but what you don't know is he can be very ruthless when it comes to those who betray him...within the code, of course. Now me, well I could report back with my Master that everything is running, Exaclty as it has been. Trust me Soru, you don't want a bunch of Jedi rummaging through your whole operation. One time, I used the wrong technique in training against one of the other students, they got hurt real bad, but that damn Silver Jedi Order came on down and took all my weapons...my babies." Adalee patted the short hidden blade underneath her black dress, it was a thin rapier called 'The Point.'

"I think you should tell us, cause if they're willing to take my sweet Point, I can't imagine what they would do to your whole operation you got going on. I'd hurry, my Master is a very impatient man."

Last edited:
Now Markus wasn't that cruel.

"I have you know," Markus said. "I'm also part of House Kortu, you remember my father one of the architects of the Alliance's victory over the One Sith? He'll be very disappointed to find out that you've sent his son to his death. My old friend as a Jedi I would normally restrain myself but right now I'm feeling like force choking your elongated neck."

Okay maybe a little cruel but this man needs to confess.

"My men....." Soru said overwhelmed with fear. "Was sent to do a final sweep of the excavation site that you've conducted months ago. However there has been..... disappearances. This Dark Side has consumed my men turning them into ravening beasts."

"And yet you didn't bother to tell me this?!" Markus said sitting up. "What happened to our friendship? Did you lose it when you realize that a Dark Side presence would be bad for business? That less people would tour this wonderful planet?"

Soru said nothing he sat there mouth agape to Adalee and Markus.

"Nothing? Gundark ripped your tongue?" Markus said. "Let me take care of this you disrespectful cur. If you would've told me I wouldn't my time! Congratulations! You have ruined my serenity."

He motioned to Adalee. "Get ready my dear Padawan." Markus said. "We're going to start the expedition early."

bvpHzX4.png

Finally, Soru had cracked. The tremble in his voice gave it all away. To Adalee, he almost seemed like a cornered dog, but dogs couldn't sweat. It was the bite that might come after that worried her. If what Soru said was true, his own neglect could get them killed. To her though, Beasts were just bigger dogs. Ironically, Soru had been the worst one in the room. A coward. For the first time since they had been paired up, Adalee started to like Markus. His words were spoken with such serious conviction and not egotistical comparisons. She liked this side of him, more than the rest.

"Get ready my dear Padawan."

Adalee straightened her pose, taking one last look at the fainthearted Soru. It was a shame, she really did think the whole interior was gorgeous. the food was stellar too, she was happy she ate most of it. More than that, she loved that she was part of his defeat. For some underlined reason it made her feel better. Lifting her head, she turned away from her host.

"About time, I'm gonna need to change. I'll meet you back down here in as soon as I'm done." Adalee made for the room, but then remembered. She turned back to Markus. "Wait, what about Von Baron? From the Tithe House?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom