Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private If It's Not In the Archives..... It Does Not Exist!

A main core of a Jedi is patience, something that Markus Kortu often struggled with when he began his training as a Jedi. Being the son of a major house in Alderaan, Markus was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Never told no at a young age, Markus got what he wanted and whenever he wanted: Books, games, and exotic food or drink. With a clap of his hands, whatever Markus wanted, it appeared within a short time. Ever since it was discovered, that he was Force Sensitive Markus was sent to the Silvers for Jedi training due to his father's relationship with one of the Jedi Guardians there. Training as a Jedi was a relatively peaceful experience albeit full of frustrations. No longer enjoying the comforts of home, Markus was forced to listen to other people critique his work, he had to get up at a specific time. It was madness and the worst part was.... that the Silvers didn't have good Tea here! None the less, Markus was driven by a competitive streak and a love for knowledge. He wasn't going to let a simple roadblock get in his way, he was a Krotu not some bumbling homebody Organa.

Markus quickly rose the ranks preferring his mind over a saber. He chose the Consular path and honed his Force abilities, now and days he can make a man's head explode as if a Thermal Detonator was implanted in his brain with a snap of his fingers. Although fighting wasn't Markus' first choice, he considered himself a master of Soresu and had Niman as his offensive component. Markus can hold up up 40 shooters and not a blade whether it was a lightsaber that broke through his defense. Now and days Markus spent his time searching lost tombs to categorize for historical records while also serving as a Librarian. To explore the tombs learning the mysteries of the Force that was something a sheltered Markus never though he needed in his life.

However today, the Silver's assigned Markus with a damn Padawan. How senseless were they to issue a Padawan, just when he was getting ready to leave a for Utapau to begin his expedition to look for an ancient Lightsaber. Instead of Markus taking the first ship to Utapau, he has to wait for this apprentice to come. This had better be worth it.

Adalee Thorne Adalee Thorne

ZhqAV2v.png

Assigned to another mentor. It was the worst thing that could have happened, given Adalee's constant participation in political gains on Lorrd. Still, her parents had forced her into a life of perpetual disappointment. Worse so, the very fact that her lineage had been a lie till recent months before. Deep down she always felt out of place, unnerved by her lack of the force and scared for the emergent truth about her real power in the force. Even now as she made her way through the small corridors provided by Kashykk's architectural advancements, she firmly stopped, looking into the holo-receiver as the discussion continued.

"I told them not to go forward with the project. Listen to me now, the Thorne house will not be involved if your men can't contain this mess-up." Adalee looked around before continuing. "That bonus we promised you, will not be-" Adalee paused, looking at the few onset civilians staring at her. She hadn't realized that her voice grew louder. Plus, the last thing she needed were the embedded observators, hired by her mother and father to hear of her underworld dealings behind the scenes. She was a mastermind in espionage, but only the kind that didn't force her own hand. Adalee knew this and in the moment of respite from her outburst among the halls of Kashykk, she refocused.
"Jarek, either you get the job done right, or not at all. I've other things to worry about." The comms fell dead and the tiny display off her wrist watch fizzed out. It was new tech, expensive and despite that, her attire showed little notation of her wealth. Instead of flaunting her riches, she preferred her family cloak. A small entangled thorn resting largely on the back of it. She hated plain Jedi robes, Adalee refused to wear them.

In truth, Adalee wasn't even sure if she was a Jedi, given her abrupt exit, only a year ago. It was then that her ancestors showed her the reality of her situation. Despite everything she learned, she had to hide everything about it. Her family would condemn her, probably consider her evil, rather than their own. It was confusing and all together for Adalee, freeing. The only thing that didn't make sense was the oddly timed assignment funneled through from her mother to meet a Master Jedi. It made no sense, after everything, the arguments, the betrayal, the constant weight of their expectations. Everything. On top of that, in a single year Adalee had become a force to be reckoned with on the political board of Lorrd. Her house name had given her wiggle room to dismantle threats and blatant disregard for her beliefs. Some of them even collided with her very own mother. Such was the game of politics. It made her wonder what game her own mother was playing now.

Adalee picked up her careless jaunt and as she turned the corner, she arrived just outside the Library. The only man befitting that of a Jedi standing between her and the steps before them.

"Master Krotu, right?" Adalee said, her voice holding a tone of aggravation.

Markus Kortu Markus Kortu

Ah there she is, Markus raised an eyebrow seeing the young woman. She was around her early twenties not too younger to Markus yet she wasn't wearing any Jedi Robes! Who the hell does she think she is?! A damn NJO member who hates their past and would do anything to burn it? If anything Markus was glad that his parents sent him to the Silvers, those New Jedi Order types were always brash and arrogant thinking that their way was superior. Oh we're not those Jedi who wear bathrobes! Bah! Who do they think they are? Their way of disorder just leads to pure degeneracy! But with this woman especially with the way she has spoken to Markus, he could tell that she was a problem. Her yellow eyes frowning, her look of mild disdain of the situation, the way she dressed she probably thinking that she's some scrappy underdog rebelling against authority.

Markus sighed frowning himself and crossing his arms, she definitely had a warriors look to her. Three deep scars running down her cheek, if Markus had scars like that he would immediately go to the nearest plastic surgeon and have those fifthly scars removed! But that's neither here nor there if the woman thinks it makes her look fierce than Markus doesn't care. That won't stop him from thinking that she needs more Lightsaber practice. "Indeed I am," Markus said. "And you're supposed to be my Padawan correct? Just know that you're an hour late, and you're not uniform."

He sighed. "And where is your Lightsaber?" Markus asked. "You look like a walking armory but you're missing the one weapon that makes a person a Jedi Knight?"

What a beautiful start to their relationship.

ZhqAV2v.png

Adalee felt the Jedi Master's brown eyes examine her. The small crinkle in his dark skin was the only tell. Adalee was used to dealing with people in high intense situations and while she wasn't across others from an embassy, she was dealing with an already frustrated Jedi Master. Carefully, Adalee tried to follow his eyes. Everything about the man named Markus Kortu was a mystery, even the fact that she was here in the first place was a miracle. Appeasing those with more power was important for her secret to stay as such and right when Master Krotu stopped examining, Adalee's intuition kicked in. She knew that the words spilling out of her new assigned Master, were going to be connotations about her attire and most of all her late attendance. Jedi were all the same, so she thought and rolled her eyes. Like a hot needle she heard the words.

"And you're supposed to be my Padawan correct? Just know that you're an hour late, and you're not uniform."

Adalee smirked, she had him pinned correctly. Only the next question almost shocked her.

"And where is your Lightsaber? You look like a walking armory but you're missing the one weapon that makes a person a Jedi Knight?"

Adalee stepped forward, her knee bending as her left leg reached the first step. She firmly planted her foot, showing defiance in the face of his ridiculous question and rude comment. For her, the weapons strapped to her were a lifeline, the very same way a Jedi used a saber. She had refused many other practices of the Jedi way, including the force. Here and now, it all reminded her of how much she tried to harness an actual saber. She was filled with dread, the thought of having to go through arduous pointless training with a saber made her slightly frown. In reality, she just couldn't connect to the force in the past, but maybe, maybe now with the spark lit by her forbidden magic, she could find a way. Still, this new Master already seemed to be more trouble than he was worth. Judging by his misplaced question in rank, Adalee'sfrown turned to a half smile. A surge of confidence struck her and she spoke out.

"A Lightsaber, the very thing I've chosen to never touch again..." Adalee took another step, her vibrant yellow eyes peering into that of Master Krotu's. "A Jedi Knight? Don't make me laugh. One parent thinks I shouldn't even be here and the other is desperate for me to become an apprentice. So...what was it?" Adalee observed him now, trying to get something out of the Jedi. "Was it the money that forced your hand? Come on then, why take on the only Thorne incapable of becoming a Jedi?" She assessed, but nothing. "For the record-" Adalee lifted the other side of her cloak, the two blades of Dirge glistening from the hilt. "This armory might save you more than a Lightsaber one day."

She knew of the order, she knew of the consistent oath each and every Jedi had taken. Adalee hadn't studied them in a year, she had considered this part of her life to be over. She considered herself and outcast, an anomaly of the Thorne family. Yet, her mother insisted...one more try. It seemed the only good thing about the whole situation was that Adalee might have been able to add one more thing to her so called, Armory.

Was this some sort of sick joke? Did the Silver Jedi Order had a problem with this young woman acting up so they decide dump their garbage at Markus' feet in order to wipe their hands clean from her? Apparently so judging on how she thumbed her nose at Markus and began stomping her feet like a spoiled child who didn't get the toy he wanted. The unusual situation became even more preposterous when the young woman stomped her foot in defiance. A real spoiled princess this girl is, she probably would've been a better fit with the New Jedi Order given her petulance.

"You're not touching a Lightsaber again?!" Markus yelled repulsed at the fact that the girl didn't even bother to do the bare basics of being a Jedi. "A Jedi without a Lightsaber is like an artist with out paintbrush, it's like a composer without their instruments. The Lightsaber is THE WEAPON of the Jedi Knight."

Markus shook his head. "The Lightsaber is an elegant blade more than just a weapon, it is a symbol!" Markus started. "Your blades may help you out in the short term but your Lightsaber is a mark of true mastery. It shows that you are a cut above the ordinary."

He didn't have time to rant and rave but this woman didn't know if she wanted to be a Jedi or not! The Silvers shouldn't be wasting their efforts on her if she didn't care. "Forget your parents," Markus said trying to calm himself down. "What do you want..... Whatever your name is apprentice? What do you want of out of the Silver Jedi Order?"

At the very least Markus should know her name. She may not know the basics of being a Jedi but SURELY she should know the basics of etiquette?

ZhqAV2v.png

"You're not touching a Lightsaber again?!"

Adalee almost shied away, the Master's words digging into her defiance like a diseased knife of judgement. The disgust in his voice was truer than anything else she had ever known. In fact, all she knew were judgemental Jedi. It seemed the house of Krotu was no different than the other Masters before him. In the years before, each assigned guide for Adalee ended the relationship in a swift disapproval. Many took her arrogant and smug attitude as a sign of darker things. The worst part about it all, they may have been right. Given everything she learned about the Thorne family and Dirge Family. It was a terrible fate for both sides, but it ended with an undying love that ripped apart the two families, almost tarnishing both house names...but Adalee knew how that story really ended.

For what?

All for the glory of keeping the Jedi Order and House Thorne on top of its throne. Everything about blood magic was considered forbidden, evil, dark, and uncontrollable. If that were true, why did Adalee feel so alive when she had finally found the only connection in the force through that very method. Only to suddenly feel the heavy dread of her magical capability and the repercussions behind it. History already taught her so much, but looking ahead, there was still too much she didn't know. Plus, she hadn't had enough time to actually study the book given to her, all with scriptures and practices of the Dirge and Throne magic. The book spoke of magic, but of course, being taught young and learning of the force, it was the only real explanation Adalee had given herself. For now, that had to stay in the past, it was the current present...that posed a real issue.

Distracted by her own thoughts, she missed half of the Master's argument, only to hear more fluff and defensive words of insecurity.

"The Lightsaber is an elegant blade more than just a weapon, it is a symbol!"

Adalee thought that was pretty ironic, fully knowing that those that once stood for something had been taken from her. Hell, if symbols mattered, the entire Jedi complexes would have been paved with statues of each and every member of the order. It seemed the only real symbol that stood a chance were legends, heroes in their own right. She wondered if Markus Krotu was one of them. Better yet, she was more curious if he was even capable.

"Where I come from, you either learn to fight with words or swords. Symbols..." Adalee finally stepped higher, meeting level ground with her new Master. Her eyes were like daggers portraying a burning yellow sun. "they get people killed." She finished, her tone held more harsh weight to it than she thought. All those politcal deals and lives lost during wars, it always came down to who sparked hope. A symbol was never the answer, only the cause to more problems in her line of work.

"Forget my parents?"
Adalee moved her fingers across the silk like cloak, the feeling left her tips numb. "It's Adalee, Adalee Thorne." She waited a moment and pondered on the question. She really didn't know what she wanted, she had been taught to want for nothing. In the end, she wanted to find answers to the real Thorne family. She knew that wasn't what he was asking, he wanted her real desire. The reason she even showed if she didn't want to be a Jedi. Then as her lips parted, her body tingled and she surprised herself.

"I guess...I want to be a Jedi. As much as I don't."

Last edited:
Thorne, Throne where did Markus hear that name before? It belonged to a noble house some kind, he just couldn't wrap his on where it was. "Certainly not Alderaan," He thought. "Perish the possibility to have such a boorish name plague a planet for its serene environments and the arts." Yet the surname was at the tip of his tongue. Oh how his memory can be a hinderance at moments that he needed it the most. Sometimes Markus wondered if he was having an early onset of dementia. Bah! It was probably Markus was probably being overly dramatic as usual but the tip of the tongue syndrome really grinds his gears sometimes.

Adalee was not actually haughty this time, good he'd hate to shout more in the Library. Markus didn't want to get reprimanded because Adalee decided to throw a fit over being a Jedi. "Hope," Markus said. "A Jedi may be guardians of peace and justice but when people see that Lightsaber it represents hope that things will get better, we are light in darkness, the desperate measures when the Galaxy is has succumb to despair."

Markus took out his Lightsaber and activated it, a blue light shot out in a low hum. "I was like you," Markus said. "I didn't think much about being a Jedi but making a difference even If I'm often arresting evil doers feels.... somehow liberating."

The Jedi Consular deactivated his Lightsaber and turned to Adalee. "Symbols can inspire," he said. "Symbols can give a person motivation to fight. What good is words and swords if they don't have any meaning to what they are doing? We might as will be cavemen. Symbol as simple as it is, can give birth to nations, provide nourishment to the hungry and can make a demoralized soldier fight."

Markus smiled. "Don't be too narrowminded my soon to be apprentice," he said. "It's naive of you to think so little judging by what you said, you look like asteroid floating in space snarling at anyone who questions you."

He gave a haughty laugh. "Just know that won't work on me Thorne," he said. "You must be willing to put in the work, of course I managed to breeze through and become a Jedi Knight within four years of entering the Silvers. I was only what? 19?"

Markus was one of the best, a real prodigy in the Force and knows it. He can run rings around this multitool pocketknife like a Podracer around a track meet. "Are you willing to put in the work?" Markus asked. "To learn the mysteries of the Force or are you just going to pout and continue to figure out your life when there's others younger than you who has discovered a dying star orbiting the planet and managed to lead the excavation of ancient and the evacuate the people before the planet became uninhabitable."

"Wait a minute," Markus laughed. "That was me at age 16 one year into the Silver academy! So Adalee, I dare to do better than me."

He chuckled. "Well at least try to, I'll give a participation sticker for doing that." he said.

ZhqAV2v.png

Adalee could have continued with her spurt of dissidence, but that meant the two would be going back forth till nightfall. She had other things to attend to, so whatever the Jedi wanted to tell her, she would eventually have to comply. It wasn't that she didn't want to hear him, it was more about how many times she was fed the same lines. She didn't need to be reassured that being a Silver was the right choice, she felt that already in her core. What mattered, was if Master Krotu, would be able to break the unlucky mold that stained her guidance. Although it was odd to her, she could feel the serious nature Markus brought to the table. When he spoke of the Jedi, she could feel his passion, his way. Even more so as his words continued. The only thing she didn't expect was the egotistical ending. At first, she felt the stab of his words mock her. It was almost, in the strangest way, a giant middle finger to everything she had achieved, compared to him.

This forced a smirk to curl on her face, but her eyes averted to the ground. She felt a slight form of shame. It even made her question if his words rang true.

Were her words and swords doing anything meaningful? She felt like her dealings for House Thorne on Lorrd, and other planetary embassies were achievements. Trophies, she too could have spoken out about. Despite that she remained silent, her body language showing a defensive cross with each forearm overlapping the other. He made a point, her swords could never inspire a nation, only kill one. Her words, while tested and true; could never give birth to a nation. The one thing she did know was she wasn't naive, she just felt out of place. Again, Adalee was an outcast from her family, yet, here she stood. Then, in the sudden thought of feeling lost, the Master Jedi cut deeper with his constant barrage of statements.

"You look like asteroid floating in space snarling at anyone who questions you."

An asteroid floating, how perceptive of him to garner the very notion she felt. Maybe, just maybe he was different. For her that could mean more trouble than it was worth. Or worth everything. Adalee could tell he was having too much fun, speaking of his actions in the sarcastic way a noble would. It reminded her of herself, smug and above those around her. She stepped back, giving Markus more space. She allowed him to finish his entire spiel. The last brag made her unfurl her arms as they stretched to her sides freely. She almost thanked the force he was done, the same smirk forming into a grin. A Master never challenged her before, or rather, cared to.

"Are you done?" Adalee's sarcasm flowed freely. She too could utilize such things. "To be better than you, let's see if we can even get through the rest of the day. So..." Adalee looked passed the Master before her. She took notice of his height, he was fairly tall. So, she thought for her own height and small frame. Her eyes locked with a librarian. "Is the first lesson about books?"

Ah so back to the sarcastic devotee, now her ego couldn't be that crushed it was a good thing too because Markus was saving his best zingers for last. Why waste your best haymakers in round 1 when you can wear them out and deliver knockout punch in round 5? "No," Markus said forcing a mock smile onto Adalee. "I'm just getting started and considering how your ego so easily crushed by just a few words I'm going to savior.every.word."

Markus' heart fluttered with joy, to possess this kind of power is kind of exhilarating. Of course the Jedi and power go hand and hand like a Swoopracer and regard for life but still it was nice to enjoy it just a little. "The Silvers has caught me at the worst time," he said fast walking towards one of the large bookshelves and grabbing a copy of Lightsabers: A History of the Jedi's Weapon by Ada Lafell. "We are heading to the Uatapau system." Markus said tossing Adalee the fairly large book. "After months of painful research I have tracked the ancient Lightsaber of the Legendary Jedi Historian: Gnost-Dural a Legendary historian, his research on the Jedi and Sith Cold War that took place in the Old Republic is one if the most cited sources in Jedi History.

He admired Gnost-Dural and it would be an honor to retrieve his blade. If only his mind was intact, as much as a Jedi's weapon deserves more respect, the mind is what separates the barbarians from true seekers of knowledge. "When Master Gnost-Dural passed away," Markus continued. "It is said that he retired on the planet Utapau where is Lightsaber slumbers in one of the abandoned sinkhole cites."

Reaching into the Force, Markus lifted a large book from top of the bookshelf and placed it in Adalee's hands. "That is also the Encyclopedia of Lightsabers written by Master Kyle Katarn," he said cheerfully. "You'll need to read both of those books from cover to cover in order to grasp the context of how important this expedition is."

Markus frowned. "You will need a scalpel instead of a blade for this mission," Markus said. "And I expect you to treat the ancient artifacts with proper and respect. If you're not respect the Silver Order, respect the history. It's THE LEAST YOU CAN DO." He rolled his eyes. "Now start reading Adalee," Markus said. "We need to catch a freighter to Utapau."

ZhqAV2v.png

Gnost-Dural.

Adalee heard of the Kel Dor, one that had devoted himself to the very teachings of the Sith. Well, not entirely, of course as a Jedi, knowing thy enemy was extremely important during the galactic republic. It seemed fitting, considering Adalee only had a connection to a power considered to be part of the darkside. Of course she would be assigned to a Master that would teach her about the importance of how dangerous the dark side was. As if she didn't know, it was the only thing that really had been drilled into her brain. She wasn't stupid. She was fully capable of understanding how far the reaches of both the light side and dark side went. The force made anything possible, made this very meeting possible. Still, her stomach felt heavy as Markus continued. For some reason she felt guilty, she hadn't even known the Jedi Master long enough, yet, techincally keeping her blood magic a secert; could lead to her downfall. Even more ironic, Adalee could sense the next words coming.

"You will need a scalpel instead of a blade for this mission,"

The barrage continued, but Adalee had already decided to allow it. The Krotu house had raised a real smug man, one that Adalee wasn't entirely sure about. Weren't Jedi supposed to be calm, patient and minimalist? This Master, he was different. Full of himself, yet elegant. Then, it hit Adalee like a ton of bricks.

He's a noble!

She couldn't put her finger on it till the second book landed on top of the first book by Ada Fell. Adalee had only read one book by the author in the past, a book by the name of Tactics of a Jedi Mind. Regardless, the book only taught her to be more mentally prepared, in battle and in life. It was a powerfully written piece of art. Having to read another book by her, would give her pleasure. But the second one,

She wasn't happy.

"Now start reading Adalee, We need to catch a freighter to Utapau."

QnIfjCJ.gif

The freighter rocked back and forth. The flight path, according to Master Kortu, would be long. That didn't really bother Adalee. The only thing that really disturbed her was the constant arduous explanations of each and every Lightsaber in the massive Encyclopedia. Many of the compositions were very similar, but each one unique in their own right. The only pleasure she got out of the trip was learning about the evolution of each and every Lightsaber throughout multiple millennia. In fact, it helped her identify specific tooling on the hilts as she patiently assessed each and every diagram within. She loved to read. But not encyclopedias...ever. Adalee knew it was payback, a testament to how stubborn her potentially new Master was.

Payback or not, she had flown through most of the hulking mass that amassed every piece of scrap metal used for the casing of Lightsabers. It wasn't until she hit the more antiquated Lightsabers that things completely changed. Puzzeled by the different compositions, she began to realize, Lightsabers were far more in depth than she had previously thought. It only took five hundred pages! For her sanity, she was glad the reading material had finally changed pace. Adalee looked away from the page, her amber eyes meeting with Master Kortu.

"Master..." The word didn't feel right, let alone saying it. "This high energy flux aperture it's partially inverted. I thought if emitters that were inverted at all would cause an explosion. Did older Lightsabers have a common issue with this happening?"

Adalee was intrigued, if what the diagram showed her was true, there could be room to improve on what they knew of ligthsabers in general. She looked back down toward the book, her left arm lifting before her watch scanned the page. Adalee would log it, saving it for later. Maybe constructing a lightsaber could be fun, she thought. She placed her free hand on the side of her waist. She could feel the cold ribbon of her blades hilt. A notion that wasn't for anyone at all, but instead a touch to comfort the blades of Dirge at her side. In reality, they couldn't ever be replaced, ever. It didn't mean she wouldn't want to try her hand at the legendary weapon of the Jedi. A quick flash of her failure seized her mind, the last time she touched one, resulted in a dismemberment of another padawan. It was something she had to live with everyday, accident or not. Adalee could still see it in her mind so clearly. The victim had even thanked her for it. Thanked her for cutting their arm off, all because a new model of cybernetics made his previous arm look like a dying plant next to a tree.

Yet, Adalee still couldn't shake the incident years later. It seemed she cared more about others than she had really thought. Enough to be flying to Utapau with an egotistical monster that only reminded her of how much she needed to work on herself.

In truth, she loved and hated it, all of it.

Well look at this, Adalee actually enjoys reading! Oh it's a miracle! At the very least it can shut her up while she fills her mind with actual information rather just reducing people into bite sized chunks. They're Jedi not barbarians, then again there are some Silvers who can't tell the difference. Nincompoops, thankfully Markus was exist to bring some clarity to the Silvers. If people just trusted him he could solve the galaxy's problems. The transport to Utapau was a silent trip will it should be considering he rented the whole transport for himself and Adalee. With her faux tough girl persona gone and in a book, Markus could actually get some work done. He spent weeks planning the possible route, the ancient Utapau were a highly superstitious species and were known to plaster curses all over their abandoned Sinkhole cities to prevent trespassers. As an archeologist one should always be prepared for unexpected things like weather, Utapau was notorious for having constant Earthquakes. So Markus would have to expect closed in caves sad to see history being wiped clean.

Just then Adalee said another unexpected thing: Master. Oh how lovely! She's learning her place! The word: Master just made Markus even more proud of himself. Of course he's a master, it just wasn't recognized by Silvers if he manages to train this rapscallion to Jedi Knight then SURELY he'll be a Master. It was just a matter of time before he gets what wants. "Of course my apprentice," Markus chuckled. "This is a pretty easy one to answer, the old Lightsabers relied on power packs to compensate for the explosions. However they were a bit unwieldy and were used as siege weapons. As the design of the Lightsaber has evolved the Jedi have been more careful to avert such catastrophes. While the Sith....."

Markus paused wondering how Adalee would feel if actually...... praised the Sith. Even though they're self destructive maniacs there were some good to mine off of. "Were more experimental something I like. The Jedi are more rigid and can be too stubborn to adapt but look at the Sith constantly evolving but I'm straying off topic here. The Sith managed to get around it by applying Sith Lighting between the emitters. I've uncovered such Double Bladed Sabers on Corellia it was quite remarkable. But to answer your question in a broad sense it did not happen as often as often as you think."

ZhqAV2v.png

"Of course my apprentice,"

Adalee could hear the joy in his voice. He loved it. His expression said it all. She would let him think he won her over, but she still had her unanswered questions. She wasn't just a push over, her defiance was still there as she quickly responded with an eye roll. She called him master out of respect for the process. The books helped too, even if the encyclopedia was the most tedious aspect of her current chore.

This is a pretty easy one to answer, the old Lightsabers relied on power packs to compensate for the explosions. However they were a bit unwieldy and were used as siege weapons. As the design of the Lightsaber has evolved the Jedi have been more careful to avert such catastrophes. While the Sith....."

Adalee's brows perked up, listening to him speak told her one thing. He was smarter and more knowledgeable than he acted. It was both dangerous and reassuring, at least for her. The fact that it was an easy question to answer made her feel a little out of practice in terms of all things she was taught in the years before. It really was her own fault. If she hadn't been so distracted by her family duties and purposely disappointing her parents, she may have been a Jedi Knight. Of course, she would have had to been able to call on the force in order for that to happen, so definitely not a Knight. Maybe she could have at least known more about Lightsabers, probably not given her disgust till literally right now. Perhaps she could have at least been an apprentice, then again, she wouldn't have ever learned how to harness her words like a sword if that happened. The only thing she absoulutley could have been, was there...learning. That didn't matter anymore, she was here now...being taught. She still wasn't sure how long it would last, but it was something. At least to Adalee, it meant something.

Her thoughts hiccuped, when the one word left her on a cliffhanger.

Sith.

There it was again, another twinge of guilt. She knew more about the counterparts than she had the Jedi. It was necessary for her only gift in the force. More alarming, her master spoke of them with postive remarks. She considered it the most odd thing to escape the noble's mouth. Yet, it hung in the air like a dark scepter.

"Were more experimental, something I like. The Jedi are more rigid and can be too stubborn. Look at the Sith constantly evolving, but I'm straying off topic here. The Sith managed to get around it by applying Sith Lighting between the emitters. I've uncovered such Double Bladed Sabers on Corellia it was quite remarkable."

"Wait, you've experienced this exact setup in a doubled-bladed Lightsaber?" Adalee's mind went rampant, something from her past seeped in quickly. She hoped her lessons of the past impressed her Master. "How is that possible? If light sat between two emitters wouldn't that cause destabilized blades? I remember back when I was going through the records of our family house, it explained that overloading with more than one emitter could cause unexplained length issues with sabers. I thought the Sith evolved their technology to eventually use one emitter, did you get close enough to see two emitters?" Adalee asked, her curiosity tickeled with excitment. She hadn't considered how seriously she would take this lesson, till now.

How adorable the apprentice is actually SOAKING in the words of wisdom that is coming out from Markus' mouth. Maybe Adalee wasn't some hopeless wonderer like he expected. He had to admit there were some redeeming nuggets under that ball of stubbornness, all Markus had to do was to bark back against her angsty phase. It felt good to see Adalee tuck her tail between her legs and actually understand that Markus is the fountain of knowledge that she must draw upon. He is the master of Jedi History and has considerable knowledge with Force. "Indeed I have," Markus replied with a small laugh. "Corellia is a planet that is comprised 99 percent of toxic waste but it is full of Jedi Lore namely the Green Jedi."

Ahhhh the Green Jedi, a faction that Markus found even more pragmatic than the NJO but actually respects tradition. They were a big help in keeping excavation sites clean of looters. Which helped Markus venture forth in what was once a battlefield between the Sith Empire and the Old Republic back in the Cold War. It was amazing how many artifacts were left even after thousands of years. "I found it in an abandoned Sith Empire based dated all the way back to the Cold War," Markus said. "Sith Inquisitors have experimented with their blades they used alchemy or even cracked their kyber crystals to to serve as a conduit to prevent the emitters from exploding."

The Jedi Consular continued. "The cost is the blade will be unstable so to compensate the Sith just created two hilts to vent it out hence the crossguard. And I've definitely seen a couple of non working Lightsaber that you've described."

Oh the memories of digging for antiques it was a unique art style one that requires patience and a sharp mind. "One was dated back to the Hundred Year Darkness. Interesting design, the maker of that Lightsaber simply vented the emitter in order to prevent the heat from building up."

The more Markus talked the more proud he became it did help that Adalee was actually interested.

ZhqAV2v.png

The freighter that carried them bucked. Adalee wasn't used to long trips, let alone being hauled into heavier space lanes in a piece of junk. She understood that they would need to seem like any other starship using the lanes for trade, but it didn't change the uneasy feeling in her stomach. Most of the ships she had been on were new, first class built by some of the best corporations in the galaxy, no wonder the bumpy ride made her nervous. Wether she was comfortable or not, didn't matter. The answer to her question was more important than worrying about some space-sick ailment.

"Green Jedi. I found it in an abandoned Sith Empire based dated all the way back to the Cold War,"

Adalee knew all about the Green Jedi, even the rough negotiations that had been sprung from them with the galactic Jedi at the time of the cold war. She had learned it through politcal training with a close family friend, one that; regrettably, was now dead. Adalee hadn't considered such a death to be so heavy on her heart, but even now she could see him, Gareth. In reality, he was more than friend and more of a brother. Still, Adalee hadn't forgotten him and right at this very moment, his teachings gave birth to her knowledge.

"I was taught of their Lord. Lord Berethon. He was a man of astute practices and even led an army of Green Jedi against the Brotherhood of Darkness. It caused a rift between the council and them. I know them well. I found the lesson to be fairly brutal, the way the council denounced their heroics. It was brave of them, even more so for Lord Berethon. He even returned alive. The only thing I didn't know was that the Sith would have had a enough time to build a temple during such a time."

"Sith Inquisitors have experimented with their blades they used alchemy or even cracked their kyber crystals to to serve as a conduit to prevent the emitters from exploding."

Adalee felt a tremor resonate through her as he finished. The only word implanted in her mind made her squirm.

Alchemy.

It was the same thing that the Book of Dirge had described in her old tome. Subliminally, she almost reached for it deep in her family cloak. Instead, she controlled herself. If Sith Inquistors were using alchemy, did that mean she too was using it as well? Or was it something more? She ignored it and tried to relax. A light sigh escaped her. Markus seemed to have all the answers, for now.

She looked down at the page before her and grinned, her eyes measuring the stack of pages that remained. She was close to being finished. Focusing, she began to read.

"Check out the big brain on Adalee!" Markus chuckled reaching into his pocket and placing a gold star on her forehead. He liked keeping stickers around so he lord his intellect onto others. Maybe give them a reward for actually researching Jedi history, Adalee wasn't the first to get a gold star and she wasn't going to be the last. Maybe she can set a record for having the most gold stars who knows?

"You get a gold star for being a well read person," Markus said. "Good for you It's good to know that you're more than just an impulsive brute full of angst and whining."

Markus leaned back. "Yes Lord Brethon was one of the last people who upheld a purely feudal system full of Corellian Jedi. I theorize that's where the roots of the Green Jedi came from. Wrote a thesis paper about it during my Jedi training it's been cited by many prestigious Universities."

A smile formed on Markus' face as the pilot announced that they were an hour away from Utapau. "Oh brilliant!" Markus clapped his hands. "Why don't you have stewardess come and give us refreshments. I would like a java juice to room temperature please and add 5 cubes to my glass!"

ZhqAV2v.png

"Check out the big brain on Adalee!" Markus said, his voice rose as he spoke her name. Even during a lesson he was unbearable. Her interested look vanished. Was he demeaning her? Was he some guy who thought the oppostie sex wasn't capable of an actual thought. She wouldn't stand for it! Hell, she would let him know. As her lips parted, she was even more stunned at his apparent lack of insight on the situation. To the point that she watched the golden star with an emblazoned hate. She wasn't a little girl. This time, Master or not he went too far. The depths of his overwhelming arrogance flustered her, but she too had a nasty, wealthy air about her too. Right when the golden star was pressed onto her forehead, she slammed her palms downward, her nose crinkled. Then she stood, abruptly.

A brute filled with whines? Is that really what he thought? All because of her distasteful adoration of the Jedi ways? How simple of a man could he have been?

Adalee tried to speak, but his lack of attention made her look like she was standing for no reason at all. She was fuming, the only lesson that needed to be learned was for the man on the other side of the table. If there was one thing above all other things, you didn't touch Adalee. She too had a complex, one that was more complicated than some rich Jedi Kortu. She was a Thorne, powerful and rich with intellect...she was above the rest. Her anger festered, she wouldn't allow his disrespectful comments to continue. She closed the book, staring at the back side of her conceited Master.

"Why don't you have stewardess come and give us refreshments. I would like a java juice to room temperature please and add 5 cubes to my glass!"

A sudden spark to the fire that burned within finally gave birth to her backlash.

"I am not some dumb, dimwitted princess noble! If anything, I could run circles around you in strategy, swordplay and potentially even some historical compounds you've heard nothing about. I know everything about one-hundred and thirty-three systems, all from political gains and losses. Yet, you stand there and demean me!? A Thorne!? I know who you are, because I am you. Spoiled...Rotten!"
Adalee felt herself lose control, her voice finding every possible weapon in her arsenal. "Given everything you have on a whim of wealth...you're worse than I. The only thing I've heard out of you in two hours is a few things about Lightsabers and selfish, naive comments. You wanna put me down..." Adalee paused. Her hand stroking her blade as she revealed them to Markus. Her grip around the first handle unlatched it from the sheathe, but it remained inside. "You'll have to do it the right way. Get your own damn drink, loser." Adalee crossed her arms and took a deep breath. She turned and grabbed onto the encyclopedia and her large bag of belongings. "Never touch me without my permission again, unless you want to lose a hand." She smirked. Even with all her anger and frustration laid out in the open, she realized her Master was actually wrong about the Green Jedi Berethon. "One more thing, you're wrong. Berethon wasn't one of the last it was the Teepo Paladins. They too were considered Lords. I hope your professor caught that one." Adalee sent the finishing blow, her words like a venomous viper.

She had enough of his company and walked away.

And look at that Adalee has a threshold, it was longer than Markus expected it was still on the short side. Everybody breaks the moment that Markus placed a Gold Star on their forehead. They feel that it's a mark of shame, on the contrary is just Markus' way of acknowledging that they're making progress in match him with intellect. Adalee at least showed some interest in history even if it is about the Lightsaber. Markus was amused at Adalee's rant about how she could run circles around him in skill. Oh how cute! The padawan who's indecisive about being a Jedi thinks that he can take on a Master like Markus? He uttered a laugh crossing his legs while Adalee pretty much confirmed that she was nobility but then again "nobility" can apply to any planet. Some fool can just say that they're a noble from a planet from the Outer Rim, might as well say that they're King among rats.

"You're arrogant Adalee," Markus chuckled. "Full of wrath and frustration and your pitiful rant is quite dreary. In fact I could hardly hear it because I'm listening to the sounds of what an incredible master I am."

Markus shook his head. "This pushiness is to test your patience my rage filled apprentice," he explained. "A Jedi must remain calm under pressure me, if you can't handle simply provoking you than how can you be calm when we inevitably meet that abandoned Droid or a cult member once we reach the ruins?"

Those enemies were quite common whenever Markus ventured inside the ruins. Especially looters, people who don't see the value of what they're stealing. They have a narrow minded view that the shinier the object is the more credits it fetches. That's not how it works! A golden fork from Naboo's beginnings is worth less than a small statue sculpted by a Rakata. But their simple brains can't comprehend that fact. "For your rant Miss Thorne you get an F for the day."

Markus smirked as he stared as his Padawan. "You need to learn to obey and listen," he said. "And by the way you're wrong about Lord Breton it's actual title of a lord not a worship."

He motioned Adalee to come over. "Sit down my apprentice," he said. "We're almost there and in a few moments I can explore lost history yet again so try to stay focused."

ZhqAV2v.png

Adalee threw her bag to the wayside, pacing back and forth as the Master Jedi gleaned on the real lesson. How could she have gotten paired with the one man capable of testing her patience. She had dealt with criminals, exploited governments, gained power over others through her words and wealth. Now, here she stood on a busted scraped together freighter and angry. Angry at herself as more words flew from her new Master's mouth. The entire time he'd been testing her patience and she withstood most of his nonchalant naive comments for too long. If it really was a test, she knew before he told her, that she had failed.

He spoke of calmness, something Adalee rarely felt. She was lost, or as Markus put it,
a drifting asteroid in space. The only place she ever felt comfort was in her training room on Lorrd. She had found a calming, using steel blades. Each stroke sang a whistling tune, a release of stress, anger, sadness and loneliness. It gave her a small hour of peace on a rock that bred her problems. Problems that entangled her publicly perceived "perfect family."

"You need to learn to obey and listen, and by the way you're wrong about Lord Breton it's actual title of a lord not a worship."

He was both right and wrong. She did need to listen. But to obey? That was for another time. She turned back towards him, her hand clutching onto the large encyclopedia. Bright pools of sunlit irises stared at Master Kortu. The one thing he was definitely wrong about was Berethon, she didn't care to bicker after her outburst. If she was going to learn to remain stagnant and calm, she'd have to adhere to his awful comments. She observed him, trying to gauge his seriousness. Adalee didn't want a Master that would cover up their rude, ill-mannered speech behind lessons on purpose. If that was his tactic she would have been able to tell. Unfortunately, for her, his body language told her how secure he was in his task. Which was made even worse, when Adalee realized she was the only reason he succeeded. After all, Master Kortu was right, she couldn't just explode on other's in battle or try and fight without assessing the situation. Losing herself, could potentially get them both killed, that; she did know.

Adalee appeased him and sat, her eyes averting to the large screen on the side. Large numbers counted down till their arrival. She wouldn't be able to finish the reading in only ten minutes. Instead, she opened her log and began to take multiple segements from the book that intrigued her. She figured it might come in handy, if she came across anything like them. Plus, if they ran into someone with a Lightsaber, these diagrams would allow her to find a strategy to dismantle or survive against one. She even took note of raw minerals and crystals that could short-out the plasma blades.

Adalee looked back up to the screen, they had arrived on Utapau.

Last edited:
Markus could feel the inner conflict raging inside of Adalee, she was a tree of rage but there were seeds that grew and fester into this confused and angry woman. Markus formed a light smirk this is going to be an exciting challenge! Helping a lost soul like Adalee become a Jedi it's a trying to complete an 1000 piece puzzle and trying to look for the missing pieces you dropped. Adalee is suffering from a little family angst it's nothing Markus can't handle! Maybe this won't be so bad after all, pushing Adalee's to test her limits and besides it's always best to bring another person to explore lost cities and battlefields anyway. The woman was eager for battle and there's usually a scavenger, malfunctioning droids, and maybe the occasional angry Force Spirit. The woman is eager for battle, might as well put the walk swiss army knife to good use.

"You are a Krotu anything is possible." His father would tell Markus and it drove him to get what he wanted. He is a Kortu, a family of greatness Markus is the first Jedi in his family lineage something had him bursting with pride. Staring at his Padawan who gave up on ranting and raving and decided to sit and read the interesting albeit a bit dry on the writing history of Lightsabers.

"I win again," Markus thought smiling to himself though it would be even sweeter if Adalee just bought him his drink.

After about ten minutes, the transport arrived at Utapau, Markus looked out of the window to see the large Sinkhole known as Pau City. It was amazing to see the survivors adapt after generations of enduring Earthquakes and a massive sea erosion. Life always adapts, it never gives up until the very end. As the Transport made its final approach on the landing pad, Markus got up and motioning Adalee to follow. The Jedi Consular took out a black credit chit containing 100,000 Credits and casually tossed it to the pilot. "Here you are good sir," Markus said smiling. "For having a wonderful experience don't spend it all in one place."

After it landed Markus and Adalee disembarked from the transport just in time to see the Utai running past them to collect their luggage. "I've rented out the best rooms for us," Markus said to Adalee. "The Port Administrator should be informed of my arrival and should be here to greet us, well me mostly because after all I've booked my room and also made sure that the abandoned Sinkhole city is Silver Jedi business."

latest

ZhqAV2v.png

Adalee shifted her weight sideways, the inner gold and white clothing beneath her cloak revealing her slim stock. She was fit, toned from her years of constant training. Although, to herself, she felt there was always improvement. Adalee had always considered her body a temple, but in the recent years she had indulged. A sacrifice she was willing to make for a slice of enjoyment. If she was gonna be mentally sane, she wasn't just going to eat organically, with no flavor. The galaxy had too much to offer and she was willing to experience it now. It bred from her rebellious side, thanks to her father, who ruthlessly told her she was nothing; at one point or another Adalee had forgotten those words.

Her fingers curled around the strap of her bag and as the heaping junk of metal landed, a violent jerk almost toppled her over. She felt the whole ship move with a distasteful and rude landing. Her bright, yellow eyes scanned the area around her for anything missing. She was all set. The she turned and as her eyes met with Master Kortu, she spoke.

"Maybe next time you could use all those credits for a better ship..." She paused, glaring at the pilot one-hundred thousand credits richer. "and a better pilot."

Clearly, for Adalee, flying wasn't the most sought after thing. Despite how well she handled it, she truly hated everything about it. One wrong thing, poof; gone into the black nothingness of space. She understood it's necessity, but refused to understand those that sought it out...space that is.

The latch hissed as it released the inner doors to the freighter and as the light pierced through the darkened hull of the ship, Adalee's eyes widened. The rocky dry terrain was a sight she had never witnessed. The structures of the landing pads made of rock and bone, all equally working together to make a magnificent overhang from the cliffs that resided. The bright red rocks above told her how much sediment and clay resided in the taller flat-rock mountains above. The inner gap of Pau city went deep into the sides of each towering canyon, the seemingly small city, grew in size the closer they got. Adalee was impressed, even if it was just a bunch of sandy dirt, rocks and bone.

In her amazement, she missed every word Master Kortu spoke. This was way different, compared to Lorrd. It was surprising she hadn't visited such a unique planet before. Perhaps the House of Thorne had bad relations here...or never tried. She came from wealth, but understood true beauty in all worlds that were creative and natural. Adalee smiled, watching the Utai run by. The elongated eye stems reminded her of the Four-Armed, Stalk-Eyed Species. They had caused her a great dealing of issues in the past, thankfully, the Utai were just here to bring her luggage to the rooms.

"Best rooms? I'll be the judge of that one..." Adalee hesitated, but realized he mentioned they were on Jedi business, she would have to call him by master for sure now to keep up appearances. "Master."

"I've never been here before, it would be nice to have a good first impression."
Her comment was a lie, she was already impressed, but she was of House Thorne and her mind simply said, one thing.

Only the best for a Thorne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom