Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Ichthon-class SpecOps Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
alamo_class_frigate_by_euderion_d9j1ear-pre.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
  • Affiliation: Aurora Industries, Individuals and Factions that have purchased it.
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Ichthon-class SpecOps Corvette
  • Production: Minor-production
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Patrol and Special Operations Corvette
  • Length: 105 meters
  • Width: 60 meters
  • Height: 15 meters
  • Armament: Average
  • Defenses: Low
    • Military-Grade Deflector Shield System
    • Single-layered Armored Hull Plating
  • Hangar Space: None
    • 0 Squadrons
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 0 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 0 squadrons
  • Single Craft Hangar: No
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
    • 70 DPF
  • Speed Rating: High
    • 95 MGLT
  • Hyperdrive: Yes - Class 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Life Support Systems
    • Standard, Military-Grade
    • Four Escape Pods
  • Other Shield Systems
  • Communications and Sensor Array
    • Advanced and Encrypted Communications Array
    • Advanced Sensors Array
  • Power Generator
  • Navicomputer and Guidance Systems
  • Targeting Systems
  • Crew Compliment
    • Twenty-four Crewmembers and Security Guards
    • Three Officers
  • Cargo Capacity
    • Six Galactic Standard Months worth of supplies
    • Two External Docking Rings
  • Security Systems
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Much like its predecessor, the Ichthon is an exceptionally fast and maneuverable corvette that can easily keep pace with many smaller ships that it might encounter while deployed on patrol or customs missions utilizing two Aurora Crest Drives.
  • In an improvement over the previous model, the Ichthon-class has a more extensive and flexible armament of Aurora Industries' newest weapon systems, fielding more turbolasers, ion cannons, laser cannons, and point defense emplacements than the slightly older Assegai-class.
  • To assist in interdiction operations, the Ichthon is equipped with a single gravity well projector, like its predecessor, but also has four tractor beam projectors that are a new addition to the vessel.
WEAKNESSES
  • While the ship is an improvement over its predecessor, the Ichthon only has a single layer of deflector shields and hull plating, giving it lower defenses than other vessels and forcing it to rely on its speed and maneuverability against enemy threats bigger than it. Even assault corvettes would be a challenge for the Ichthon to deal with on the defensive side of an engagement.
  • Damage to the reactor can cause its preservation field keeping its Sianteria crystal stable to fail, causing the crystal to rapidly sublimate and shutdown the reactor until a new crystal can be installed and the preservation field reactivated.
DESCRIPTION

Developed as the second warship of Aurora Industries' Phase III modernization program, the Ichthon-class SpecOps Corvette was designed to be an improvement on the slightly older Assegai-class Corvette built by the company. The engineers in charge of developing the ship decided to use the same basic hull and dimensions of the previous ship model, but they did recognize some room for improvements. The Constellation series of weapons were removed and replaced with some of the latest weaponry from the Entite series, with the team increasing the number of turret emplacements by a significant margin. The Ichthon also continues the utilization of a single gravity well projector for interdiction purposes, but has also now been equipped with four tractor beam projectors as well.

To maintain the high speeds and maneuverability of the Assegai, the design team have installed two Aurora Crest Drives, giving the vessel a slight boost from what it once was. Another improvement over the Assegai was the team's addition of military-grade deflector shields to produce a single shield layer and a full layer of hull armor so that, while still on the low side of defenses, they could at least claim it was an improvement over the former vessel.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Great ship, however, there are some remarks.
  • I feel the amount of weapons is too much for the average rating on a ship this big. I suggest to lower their numbers, or change the rating.
  • Second, the ship is overpowered (+3 points). You ran into the size category that is incorrect in the old version of the spreadsheet. It give you error with the squadrons and thanks to that you gain extra false points. This is how it looks right.
    • In this size category, the High value is 0, below it there is nomore ratings, you can't change average, low, very low or none rating. So you don't have 3 extra points if you changee it back from the High hangar rating to none, only 0, that's why your values/ratings are not good.
Please correct these.

MANIAC MANIAC

I will definitely get to redoing the balance on this tonight at some point. As an aside, is there a current version of the spreadsheet that doesn't have that issue, and if so, can the link to the current one be switched out? I have the 5.1 version and got it back in February.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Thank you! Now your ratings is bit underpowered (-1), I suggest you can change the armament to high, you wrote plenty of weapons to hit that rating. But of course if you want, you can keep these ratings too.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Oh! The previous one was good, I am infinitely sorry!
For some reason, I calculated with limited rating instead of a minor, and therefore it was -1 instead of balanced.
Please change your edit back, and I'm so sorry, I feel terrible because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom