Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothermic Emergency [Republic Remnant Dominion of Rinn Hex]

Callum Calahad

C
"Lead the way." Callum said, following [member="Cedric Grayson"] to the offices. The fact a mechanic had found the body wasn't abnormal, and hopefully that meant that the hit had happened outside of the hanger. That way, things could start to seem normal again, and they could move their investigation to somewhere less open. The mechanic could've been the killer though, it wasn't unheard of for killers to report their own crimes to try and deflect any suspicion, and sadly it tended to work.

"As you can see, we are a secure location." Max said, his voice booming loudly in such a quiet warehouse. The place was relatively deserted, with a few workers busy in their tasks. Kian turned to face the salesman and nodded his head. They had entered through, seemingly the only entrance to the compound, and it had been an adequate security measure....but only adequate.

"Of course." Kian said, his eyes scanning the place, looking for potential locations for how the saboteurs had entered the compound. "The security is 24/7?" Kian inquired, his eyes settling on three large air circulation units by the far wall.

"Of course!" The man said indignantly. "During the night, when the workers are gone, we run sweeps every hour." Max said and, even if Kian had not had a report on the security of the place, he would tell the man was lying from his force aura. Kian smiled beneath his mask, knowing it was not the lie of an accomplice but rather the lie of a man trying to close a sale.

"What are these?" Kian asked walking toward the large circulation units on the wall.

"Those are our circulation system....air purification as well as heating." Max said. As Kian got closer, a small piece of cloth caught his eye, dangling from a screw that was sticking out of the wall slightly. Not wanting Max to see the piece as well, Kian turned back to the man.

"And those?" Kian said inclining his head over Max's shoulder. The man turned to face the large cylinders at the center of the room and as he did so, Kian opened his palm, willing the force to pull the material free of the catch and fly into his hand. Kian, without looking at it, slid it into his pocket as Max turned back.

"Those are power converters." The large man said and Kian smiled beneath his mask once again...

~ ~ ~​
"What is it?" Gnost asked back aboard their ship, holding the small piece of cloth in the air. It had an emblem emblazoned on it.

"Our first clue!" Kian said sinking into a seat and rubbing the cold from his joints. "Start running a cross-check between that symbol and those in our system. If we can identify what organization it belongs too....we may be able to pinpoint who sabotaged the fuel cells."

Gnost nodded and as he went about his work, Kian closed his eyes and allowed himself to sink into a meditation.

Objective: Investigate the tampering of fuel cells
On same objective: [member="Kian Karr"]

The Promenade in colony 1138 was the hub of social and economic activity. There were restaurants and bars for people to congregate, and market stalls where people could buy either local or off-world wares. There were two levels in the open area, with a small turbolift or a series of spiral staircases to take people from one level to another. It was almost always bustling with activity except very late at night, when the entire center was shutdown to conserve power.

Cassius and his parents were at the local Alderaanian place, and had just ordered their meal when they decided to get down to business. They’d picked this particular restaurant not just because they liked the food, but because it was the least crowded at the time, and they could get a table near the back where no one would hear them.

“Alright, here’s the problem,” Cassius’s father, Baran Droma, said as he pulled out a datapad. “Our power levels have been dropping steadily over the past three weeks, but two days ago we had a drop so huge we had to dip into auxiliary reserves to keep the colony warm. That’s when we called you.”

“At first, we thought it was just the normal levels we see for the winter,” Melia Droma, his mother, continued. “But no matter what we did, the levels kept dropping. When the dip happened the other day, we knew it was sabotage. The fuel cells had been tampered with.”

Baran passed the datapad over to their son, and he looked it over. He was never even slightly an engineer like his parents were, but even he could tell that the readings didn’t look good. “Who would be doing something like this?”

“No telling,” Baran said. “Your mother and I have been trying to narrow down who it could be, but you know how the council likes to keep everything open and transparent. Most locals and even some off-worlders have access to the fuel cells. Anyone could have done it.”

“If you can get me next to a fuel cell, I can read the history of the object,” Cassius said. “I should be able to see who did it pretty easily, or at least have a good idea of it.” After his parents gave him a strange sort of look, he elaborated, “It’s a Jedi thing.” They nodded, seeming to understand. It had been difficult for them to understand the more ethereal nature of his powers, as it had been for him when he first started to experience them. However, like the good scientists they were, they strove to understand it, especially when it came to their only child.

It was agreed upon that he would investigate as soon as he could, under the guise of his parents showing him around to some new systems at the colony. The rest of the meal was spent talking about his most recent adventures as a Jedi, and introducing them to his new droid, T-4D4.

After lunch, Cassius was led down to the engineering bay, where his parents were in charge. The older engineers greeted him by name, since he had spent a lot of time here as a child. Cassius tried to keep himself open to the Force without being too obvious about it. As they reached the fuel cells, Cassius placed his open palm on one of them, tapping into his psychometric abilities. He saw a man, clad in black and a mask, sneak up to the fuel cells and put a device on the back of one of them. Coming out of the vision, Cassius reached back to where the device had been set and yanked it off. He brandished it to his parents.

“We never would have found that…” his mother remarked. “We thought it was just someone tampering with the controls.”

“That’s probably what they did before they figured it wasn’t drastic enough,” Baran said, taking the device in his hands. He knew that he could probably analyze it to come up with a manufacturer – one step closer. He looked to his son. “Did you see who did it?”

“No,” Cassius shook his head. “But I’ve got an idea how I can draw them out.”

Ever Dawnracer

E
"Ever wondered what it was like to freeze to death?" Staz asked as he pushed through the ice passage.

"No, not really," Ever replied as she followed after him.

"I hadn't either until I started this mission. Now I'm wondering if it's worse than dying in space."

"Great, Staz. Now I am too. Would you just shut up and walk?"

"Fine, fine."

The big guy walked along in his Ranger gear, supplemented with some thermal gear. Ever was dressed the same. Rumor had it that down one of the ice passages was something of interest. That something of interest was supposedly something to do with what happened to cause the power depletion of the fuel cells. The other rumors were that the fuel cells had been tampered with, and someone was directly responsible. Suffice to say, the hideout wasn't likely in the city, but in one of the outlying tunneled areas. Being Rangers, Ever and her team were now in the process of scouting out the tunnels in search of anything remotely suspicious, not that she particularly expected to find anything.

Except maybe a Wampa.

"I don't know how they can stand to live in the ice, let alone bore tunnels of it. It's like a maze of nothingness."

"Real walk in the park."

"Oh shut up."

Azreth Vandic

Dead Man's Captain
The ship touched down and already Azreth could feel the cold getting in his suit.

"Ah, I hate the cold." He mumbled.

Normally, he would have gone to meet up with the Republic officers to check in, but not this time. Azreth had a plan, and wanted a drink. He found a little watering hole, walked in, and was stared at intensely. His republic uniform gave him away, but the mercenary could use it to his advantage. Azreth planted himself at the booth, ordered a light boozey, and swallowed it whole.

"Another." Was all he said.

His bartender grunted, and placed a larger mug in front of him while saying about something about payment for the first drink.

"I don't have money. You think Republic soldiers just carry money on them? They barely pay us enough to keep our apartments, much less for drinks!:" Azreth began to make a ruckus.

He could feel all eyes on him now, more so from the darkest corner of the water hole. If Azreth had done a large job like the ones the Imperial sympathizes did, he would have come here to gloat about it with his fellow mercenaries, he suspected the same for the supporters.

"Now listen here, I don;t care much about your Republic, or what you get paid. I want payment upfront, and I want it now."

Finally, the eyes in the corner turned into bodies approaching him. Azreth waited for the moment he could react to them, and when one of them finally placed his hand on Azreth's shoulder, he clicked.

With a single, swift movement, the mercenary had gripped the hand, tossed him over the bar and into the drinks. Then turned to place a solid fist into the gut of the next, and grabbed the other by the hair as Azreth leaned his head to the side to dodge a punch. Azreth looked at everyone as he slammed the man's head into the floor.

"Official Republic business, go back to your drinks."

Azreth dragged the man outside, and into the ally way. He began to beat the man, a punch to the nose, a kick to the ribs, Azreth's intense rage was beginning to show its face.

"Where's the rest of your supporter friends?" Another punch to the face.

"Where are they?" He roared in the man's face as he once more kneed his gut.

The sympathizer coughed up blood.

"Okay, okay, I'll talk."

It was then that Azreth's angered switched to a smile.

"Oh, good, go ahead."

Objective: One, distribute supplies to the local people

Several hours had passed by now, the stocks had been dwindling as the poor took what could be provided, most would stay, seeking reprise from the harsh conditions outside, along with the abandoned market providing some heat.

"Have you heard of the Republic's expansion?"

The more senior minister glanced back before looking dead forward again. He was silent for a few moments, leading her to believe that she had said something out of line. I was only trying to make small talk you imbecile, she thought into herself.

"Off the record, yes. Also off the record, we need them."

An eyebrow arched in response, not that he or anyone else would see. The two were in a very odd situation, as her superior insisted on not turning around to reply to anything that she was saying, but he was listening. There was no need to even act like they weren't speaking - as far as she knew, they were the only two supposed to be on-site moreso for PR than to actually assist with anything.

"What exactly are they needed for?"

A chuckled escaped his lips, followed by his arm gesturing to the entire building.

"What are they needed for? Why I knew you were never as clever as your mother but take the initiative. We're giving out ration packs containing less than 1000 calories and can barely afford to finance that alone. Whatsmore, we're actually depending on the Republic - sorry, the Remnant - to solve the fuel crisis because the Prime Minister is incapable of collating all 2 of his brain cells to prioritize this over his weekly trip to Zeltron." His hand reached into his suit's pocket, withdrawing a lighter and a cigarette, sparking it up and then replacing it back. After a few puffs, he spoke again. "You never know, I suspect after we're integrated the current parliament will be dissolved and elections will occur, and Junior Ministers such as yourself will have a bit more purpose than to run about doing bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy."

A few minutes passed. As per usual, the two were not very talkative, they shared almost nothing in common and at this particular time, her higher up had no papers that needed filing nor was there anything that could be done that she had clearance to actually do. The atmosphere in the marketplace was about as dreary as the two looked, everybody was emotionless, taking what little they were offered and returning a blank expression.

"Do you not think it would b-.. look better if you helped the staff?"

"Good point, I'll probably die within the week, may as well get a good legacy."

He marched off, leaving Téa to stand alone.

The space Cedric had indicated proved to be less of an office, and more of a walk-in closet. The walls were closed in, the single desk in the room's center covered with dataslated, and flimsi number sheets. Whomever had been occupying the office had vacated rather quickly, judging by the mess that had been left behind.

"I'm sorry I can't get you something more luxurious," the knight cracked a thin smile, "It's temporary of course. It'll do for questioning the subjects." Cedric settled himself in a small chair in the corner of the room. He seemed to blend in with the shadows rather well; a motionless statue keeping constant watch over the office.

The doors opened behind them. The two Wookies from before were led in by armed guards, their hands having been bound by handcuffs. The guards left without a word, leaving the two wookies standing silently in front of the two men. They never made eye contact.

"After you Investigator."

[member="Callum Calahad"]

I am a son of the Mountain.
​When the situation on Rinn turned for the worst, a small detachment of the 501st was sent with the relief teams to maintain order. Though they were soldiers, better trained for combat than relief, most men took pity on the people of the disadvantaged world. Many of the soldiers within Vessk's platoon began distributing their MRE's for the people to have. For the soldiers, they had an assurance of another meal, the same could not be said about everyone.

​A soft sigh escaped Vessk's lips as he moved through the improvised supplies shelters. His platoon sergeant, who stood at his side, had spent most of the morning help with the relief before their watch began. "Things are pretty bad here, sir. Not sure what all we can do for these people." The Sergeant said from beneath his helmet.

​For a moment Vessk did not respond, how could he? It was not like he was even here to help these people, only keep them from harming one another. "The Republic will do what it can do, Skor, all we can do is hope it's enough." The two came to a stop in the center of the shelters, as Qyren looked to the man. "I'll go check on the VIP's, check on the boys for me will you?"

​Sergeant Skor offered a militant nod before making his way back the way the two had came.

​Part of the details job was to make sure that both politicians remained unharmed during this venture. While Vessk had no love for politicians, orders were orders. He could see [member="Téa Kensington-Evans"] in the distance and quickly breached the distance between them. "Ma'am." He called out to get her attention.

"Lieutenant Vessk, 501st. I'll be taking over your guard for the rest of the evening." He offered a polite incline of the head, yet his voice was slightly distorted from behind his helmet.

Nearby: [member="Qyren Vessk"]

"I wasn't informed the annexation orders had came so soon." She paused for a second, clearly trying to make a joke but falling completely flat, even to herself. "Tha-.. That was meant to be a joke, I'm not exactly a comedian."

Her head turned to the security detail that had accompanied them here - all two of them - nodding her head and dismissing them. While things usually weren't this busy, she was certainly wary of exactly why a clone - or at least what looked to be a clone - had been assigned to help her, though she kept it to herself for now so as to not stress herself by thinking a terrorist attack was inbound.

"While I do hate to disappoint, you're probably looking for my superior, the Minister for the Department of Social Affairs. I'm his adviser, Téa, Junior Minister to be exact." Her eyes continued to peer at the crowds ahead and by now it had exponentially increased, probably two times what was expected. The woman glanced down at her policy planner along with several charts, followed by a small shuffling forward to inspect some of the crates with ration packs inside. Dwindling.

"Listen.." she moved in closer to the man. "I'm not going to say for definite - but according to projections we're going to run out of MREs within the next half hour. If you know of any Republic forces delivering packs directly it would help us a lot to have it delivered here and distributed here. The people get.. rowdy when we run out of food, and needless to say it wouldn't look too good for the department if our main supply shelter fell into disarray because the bureaucratic idiot-.." she paused and swallowed her pride. "Sorry - the treasury is incapable of managing the budget correctly."

Azreth Vandic

Dead Man's Captain
The man told Azreth the name of a place, the location where he could find said place, and the description of the man who lead this revolt on Rinn. When he was done, the merc smashed in his mouth, breaking all the teeth he had, and threw him to the Republic's judicial system for a hearing. Dead Man's Legion needed people, and this bantha fodder would be a could meat shield.

The outskirts of the city was terrible terrain, Azreth knew this because he could look out towards it, and see not a damn thing. Azreth was going to need a team, and scout walkers. He figured that the hide out would be well defended. The rest of the supporters in the city would be snuffed out, but the base would need to be removed completely.

"This is Conscript Vandic, I need three able bodies, four scout walkers."

Belizarius was using his little medical knowledge to check on the survivors, the distribution had managed to raise the temperate in the large building to be only slightly above freezing, this wasn't good enough and if a better solution wasn't found then people were going to start dropping.

"Examine the people here, if they have early signs of hypothermia they need to get extra attention. Focus on the young since they're going to lose their internal heat the fastest" His hands were cold, at this point he was having trouble keeping a grip on anything as he hands felt they were frozen solid. Every now and again he would rub them against the inside of his robe to try and warm them up which would give him another few minutes of normal use.

The Republic had spent most of it's money on the permanent solution, most of this work was being done by underpaid staff. The local administration for the most part just seemed downright useless, money could of easily been spent on trying to at least make these buildings hold in heat better but he had a feeling that it was just getting sucked out of the building. Juta then decided to annoy Belizarius with bad news as he was examining a childs hands.

"We're running low on food and that's with lower than recommended rationing"

Belizarius was definitely troubled by this, because as supplies went this could be really bad news if it got out. He pulled Juta aside and started to talk quietly "Do you think some might of been taken by Imperial agents?" Juta gave him a shrug and he understood that reaction,stolen or just low supplied... that's now what mattered. These people would need to eat. Belizarius took out a communicator and called out to other agents

"What is the supply situation at your shelters? we seem to be running low but we think we might even have less than we originally arrived with?"

[member="Téa Kensington-Evans"]

Objective: Find the Healer
Attn: Corran Cath

Rinn was an empty world, atleast, for the most part. Aside from a few isolated villages and pirate bases nobody would really bother showing up on this desolate snowscape. Which is why Alyson's presence here was even more strange. Normally she did not bother with heading to random uninhabited worlds unless she had a set purpose. Today she had one.

Rumors had been circulating of a powerful healer on this cold husk of a world. Performing miracles that went beyond what even bacta could accomplish. Alyson wanted to seek out this healer for the republic, as even though force healing could provide much more than what this healer was rumored to be capable of, anyone with this sort of skill needed to be required. Whether or not they are force sensitive is meaningless, she just needed to secure them for the Republic.

Her shuttle set itself down on the thick snow, landing near the small village of loners and exiles. They were obviously somewhat confused by the shuttle landing there, nobody ever seemed to care about the village, and there was no other reason for them to care now. Alyson made her way down the boarding ramp with two 501st troopers as guards. Once they reached the bottom an older man, probably the village elder made her way to meet them. Alyson motioned for the two troopers to remain behind to guard the ship, and with a nod they made their way back in.

The man walked with a cane and was flanked by two men holding cobbled together rifles with various conflicting parts. The man had a white beard.

"What brings you here traveler." The man said.

"I wish to see a"healer" that I heard could be found here." She replied

"I shall take you to him."

It was clear that there was a force sensitive somewhere in the village, her senses were incredibly well attuned, so maybe this healer was force sensitive after all. The old man led her forward, the two warriors eyeing her with a small suspicion, but at the orders of the Elder they held their fire. Alyson meant them no harm but it is very easy to be suspicious of outsiders.

She was led up to a small cave near the back of the village, a fire could be clearly seen inside. The elder took them up to a man inside before speaking.

"This Woman wishes to speak with you."

[member="Alyson Halle"]

Objective: Find the Healer

Corran had come to this world some time ago. How long exactly he wasn't sure, the days all blurred together here. He had come to this village seeking a new home after his old one was lost, hoping to make life for himself among these people. His natural talents in force healing came in handy quickly, as he helped eradicate a sickness that had been running rampant through the village. A few weeks later, he had single handedly defended the village against a warband of marauders. Their weapons had been of little use against his lightsaber.

As the elder of the village entered his tent, Corran looked up from his current patient. A young child that had been attacked by a wild beast. Most of his injuries had already been dealt with, and he was now focusing on dealing with the internal bleeding left over. He guessed the boy would make a full recovery.

He pushed himself to his feet, his green eyes watching the new comes cautiously as he approached, his unkempt beard covering his still youthful features. He wore long black robes, trailing behind him on the ground as he walked forward, bowing his head slightly to the new comet. He briefly eyed his saber staff sitting on a table nearby, ready to call it if things went poorly.

"I am Corran Cath, do you need something healed?" His voice carried little emotion as he spoke, remaining calm.

​There was a dry moment of silence as the politician offered her....joke.

​When she spoke once again, Vessk grabbed the datapad that hung from his utility belt, taking a moment to link his HUD with the members of his unit. "Orders are to report to either of you Ma'am." He responded.

​Setting the datapad back where it belonged, he arched a brow from under his helmet when the woman stepped forward. She spoke of the situation on the planet, which caused the soldier to place a hand on his hip. "Uh....the thing is I have no knowledge of the relief ma'am. My orders were to garrison my men here until further notice. Most of my men have already given out the MRE's they were issued. There isn't anything I can really do."

​Vessk took notice that the day was turning colder than it already had been. Removing a gauntlet from his hand, he held it out to the air.

​It was nearly freezing.

​Placing the glove back on his hand, Vessk tapped into his comm system. "Sergeant. See what blankets we can get from the ship. Get them ready to distribute to the population." A moment passed and the Sergeant responded.

​Is that a good idea, sir? Command might be upset about you giving away our supplies.

"Command will deal with it. Get it done."

Yes sir.

Azreth Vandic

Dead Man's Captain
Three men walked to Azreth finally after he waited for an hour. They were on walkers with one following behind them, and then they saluted him. Da kark was this? Never had he ever been saluted, and he was not used to being in charge and now he was ordering for walkers and troops.
He saluted back with hesitation, unsure if it was appropriate or not. Quickly, he jumped up on the two legged walker, and began to brief the soldiers.

"Simply put, we're gonna get there, and blow it up! Sound good?" He ended.

The soldiers looked at one another then shrugged.

"Yeah, sounds good, sir."

Nodding, he began to take point and lead the men to the hideout.

Nearby: [member="Belizarius Krusi"] I [member="Qyren Vessk"]

While Téa wouldn't have been the one to respond, Belizarius would receive a reply almost instantly from one of the relief workers who had their radio turned on.

"We are about to run out and we're scheduled to be here for another hour." a short sigh would follow. "Apparently we'll be receiving another delivery in about 15 minutes, we have to keep half of it but the rest will be distributed amongst the independent relief workers; you'll need to send someone over to collect it, with some sort of identification."

~~~

Her face twitched as she realized he had just offered her their own supplies, "N-N-No sorry, I was just wondering if you had any extra supplies, I really don't want to get the only person who's been pleasant to me all day in trouble over something as trivial as blankets. Most of these people are going to die anyway." she paused and shivered slightly; not because she was cold because she had realized how pessimistic she had become from working in local government.

Out of the corner of her high she spotted her superior, who at the mere inclination of escaping his volunteering made his way back over to his colleague. Her hand motioned to the soldier and then back to the man, introducing to the two.

"Uh-.. this is Lieutenant Vessk, he's been assigned to our security detail for the remainder of today I believe. Lieutenant Vessk, this is John St Claire, Secretary of State for the Department of Social Affairs. He's arranged the entire relief effort and is of course, my boss." lending a half smile to the two.

"Téa, remind me to never work with the poor again. They're karking horrible." then turning his attention to the soldier. "How wonderful to be of your acquaintance."

[SIZE=11pt]The Politician had been mistaken as she spoke Qyren. He wasn't sending the order through as a favor to her, he was doing it because it was right. “Those blankets can be replaced. These people’s lives cannot.” He replied to the woman, taking a sour note on how she had so easily dismissed their potential fates. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Clasping his arms behind his back, the Lieutenant watched as Tea introduced him to her own superior. The Secretary of State for the department of social affairs. His title was one to suggest he was a man of the people, perhaps with a bit more compassion than the woman who stood before him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]That thought had been painfully wrong. As he spoke, Vessk felt as if he was going to be sick to his stomach. “Most people will be a bit distressed when they’re starving and freezing to death.” He said, turning to the Secretary for a moment. “Hopefully the Republic will be able to do more for them.” He said, partially gauging the pair that stood before him. [/SIZE]

Callum Calahad

C
The office space was small, but probably as big as his former office on Coruscant. Walking to the desk, he cleared some of the stuff, placing it neatly on the floor. After that, he went into his pocket and removed a small voice recorder, placing it on the desk facing the door.

"Trust me, I've worked in worse." Callum replied as the guard brung the wookies in. The two of them almost blended together, a mess of fur and fury. Callum had never interrogated a wookie before, but there was a first time for everything. Moving his hand to the recorder, he switched it on and begun scanning the two individuals. No eye contact, could mean guilt... or fear.

"Greetings gentlemen, my name is Callum Calahad, a private investigator hired to look into the death of Senator Rork. This conversation is being recorded, however nothing will be released to the public unless it holds significance to my case. I ask that the two of you answer all my questions honestly, failure to do so may lead to further investigation. Do you understand and agree to these terms?"

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

Objective: Secure the Healer for the republic
Attn: [member="Corran Cath"]

As the man turned to face them Alyson got a better look at his features. He looked to be rather young, besides the beard of course. He had a strong connection with the force but it was unwiedly, like somebody with no or minimal training, however his apparent healing abilities suggested the latter. He might make a good student if he were willing to do so.

"No i don't need anyone healed, I came to search for you because I have heard of your abilities and I would like to offer you a higher purpose of sorts." She said.

She walked her way over to the child, she felt his pain, the healer did a good job, however it was not perfect, he still had much to learn. Alyson layed a hand on the child, patching up the rough spots in the healers own healing, encouraging rapid cellular regeneration in the childs internal organs, stopping the internal bleeding very quickly.

"I am Alyson Halle, I come on behalf of the Galactic Republic, or at-least, what is left of it. We need healers, people like you." She lifted her hand from the child, happy with his current state. His pain in his aura had subsided, his mind calmed.

Alyson looked around the room before seeing the lightsaber on the table, he seemed to have had more training than she realized. A saber-staff too, which was an interesting choice, they severely limited your options in combat due to the double blades and the fact that they were linked together, honestly a double blade was more preferable to her but she had seen people who could go toe to toe with her using a saber staff, so who really knew.

"But before we continue, what do you know of the Force?"

Corran grimaced as the Jedi walked past him, proceeding to finish the job he had started. He could heal big problems, broken bones, cuts an the like. The smaller things, like the countless wounds causing internal bleeding still alluded him. The boy would have recovered either way, but he would have lived with intense pain the rest of his life. Whoever this woman was, she knew what she was doing. However, he had an obligation to the people of this village, and he wouldn't simply walk away from them because someone came asking.

As she continued to speak, Corran caught her quick glance across the room at his saber staff, a brief frown crossing her face before vanishing. It was a common reaction he had seen among the others back when he was a member of the Iron Legion. Saberstaffs were not a popular weapon among warriors of the lightside, but Corran had broken norms to train with it. He had become quite proficient with the weapon, though his combat skill might be a bit rusty of late.

"Why should I join your Republic? If it is barely holding on to existence at this point, what do I have to gain from joining a candle about to flicker out? And even if I did, I cannot abandon the people of this village. They need my help."

[member="Alyson Halle"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom