Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyporian Nights [CIS Dominion of Hypori] | X-49

wish.png
Objective: Enjoy the festival
Wearing: <3 | Combat boots
Tags: [member="Lirka Ka"] [member="Aiden"] [member="Naedira Darcrath"] [member="Alora Fae"] [member="Caid Centurion"] [member="Gerwald Lechner"]

rosedic2.png

It was as though time had ceased to move. Madalena's eyes were fixed on the man ([member="Aiden"]) and she could not tear her gaze away. There was no need for her to send that coil of the Force forward, no need to prod to see. Every cell within her body knew that she was looking at someone that she had a connection to. It would require deeper prodding to know what kind, yet she found herself entirely frozen. It was… It was impossible. Madalena had no family. Her parents died two years ago, her brother was in the Unknown Regions, and there was no one else.

Like a deer staring into headlights, she continued to look at the man as the Force swelled around him, as that inviting and seductive Dark Side grew around him. Her hand moved up as though she wanted to touch it, like a princess touching the needle, and then just as quickly as it had come to be, it was suddenly gone.

And suddenly there was a voice in her head. Another presence, one that emitted the same sense that she had with the man she had been staring at, and now that they were linked, it suddenly felt just as strong. Madalena staggered back a step. I am not Scherezade, was the only response she gave, so tired of the people in the Confederacy confusing her for someone else that she could not find. And then there was that third presence, one that she had no ties to that she of beyond that sense, knowing that she could sense that person almost everywhere she went that had a gathering of Confederates. And that presence, was slowing moving towards her direction.

Madalena turned around, looking at the tree. Tonight had started out pleasantly enough, but not she found herself confused, all her senses reacting as though they had been rubbed with glass paper. Perhaps… Perhaps she'd drunk earlier and not realized it? Yes… That was the only explanation. But she felt sober enough now.

Shaking her head, the curvaceous brunette walked to the table that held the ink and the rice paper, and wrote her wishes down. She had arrived at the festival with two in mind, and now they were written, the black ink contrasting against the white in a way that almost offended the eyes. But there was a third wish now, and Madalena found herself writing it down in her elegant handwriting,

The next step was the easy one. Madalena walked to the tree, and began to hang her two little pieces of rice paper.

Lirka had become, distant. As though if a whole different person now walked among the people in the festival, rage that was barely contained simmered under the surface while her face had gone from a jolly and boozed up Sephi to what she had been: a cold and hard-eyed mercenary.

She had been given much to think upon, and things that she had forgotten about to think upon. A fine way to sully her mood, even with the warm booze that was coursing through her veins still. A remarkable amount of mental control still existed, even if she had seemed to say otherwise beforehand: call it a ruse, if you will.

The Sephi found her corner to brood in, simply watching the procession around the tree continue.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

BYOO_Copy.png
Objective: CIS Security [Off Duty]
Time: Evening
Tags: [member="Aiden"]
Thoughts: "Buy me a drink."

Naedira glanced toward the Minister when he murmured something about hope just as she had. The timing had been uncanny, enough that she turned from her wish to look at him, once again forming a silent opinion. He seemed to be doing the same thing. It was almost comical how they kept stopping to evaluate one another. Either through inane questions, autonomous reactions, or deliberate body language. They were more similar in that respect than either would likely willingly admit.

His eyes were so bright, a shade rarely seen, and she couldn’t help but find it notable. Aiden had already admitted that he was centuries old. Near-Human, certainly, but what other differences were there? It was both perplexing and frustrating that available information on public record for the Minister was close to nonexistent. Pale lips parted, a natural shade of rosewood pink, but the question never made it past her vocal chords.

There was a less than subtle shift in Aiden. It wasn’t something she could see with her eyes, but she could feel it, with all of her being. A growing power, saturated with the dark, roiled beneath the surface of what suddenly appeared to be flimsy skin. More. Naedira knew that now. There was far more to him than what he had allowed her to glimpse. Her only question, as the power receded, was what triggered it? What brought such an aggressive response? “What is it?”, Naedira asked plainly and without shame. She might have been centuries behind him in knowledge but she wasn’t a novice.

He turned back to look at her as if coming up for air. Dazed, confused.

Rather than explain the odd emotional and metaphysical roller coaster she’d just witnessed Aiden continued on as if it had never happened. Chocolate eyes narrowed, briefly, but she let it rest for the moment. If there was a problem that she needed to be aware of she hoped that the Minister would be forthcoming.

Naedira heard more than saw the mischievous grin that swept over the much taller man when she suggested they visit a bar and her head shook lightly. Some things never changed. “Well…If the Minister wishes to know…”, she trailed off lightly, stuffing her hands in her back pockets as she moved away, turning toward one of the bars near the Wishing Tree, “He should come and buy me one…”

Her tone was…Hard to describe. It lingered somewhere between teasing and serious. She was sure about one thing, at least, and that was—if Aiden followed her to the bar he was definitely buying her a drink.

Objective: CIS Security
Tag: [member="Naedira Darcrath"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Aiden's mischievous grin broadened just slightly before it slowly began to recede as Naedira turned to make her way towards one of the bars. The Sith Lord's shoulders heaved slightly like he wanted to laugh but no sound escaped his lips. Initiating a casual pace behind her, the Sith Lord took the opportunity to respond to her earlier question. "Also, I apologize for my momentary earlier distraction. There was a woman not far from our location that bore a great many of the traits shared among my family. However, I do not know her."

Drawing alongside Nae, Aiden did not really speak to the sudden tempering of his inner darkness. In the end of the day, he couldn't really explain it himself. It was yet another thing that he would...meditate on later. Naturally, that did not stop the Minister from postulating as to the reason in the moment. There was something about Naedira that spoke to and effected his very presence, his soul.

When he'd been a child, he endured several hours of lecture and indoctrination by his mother and father regarding the many different ways the Force interacted and connected between living things. In that regard, it wasn't exactly preposterous to Aiden that another might have an effect on him. The perplexing nature of the reality was the inescapable question of why. "I'll look into it another time, however. Curious so many of them seem to have ended up within the Confederacy seemingly independent of one another."

As the pair arrived at the nearest bar, Aiden allowed his gaze to survey the selections located behind the attendant.

"Hello! What can I get the lovely couple?"

Aiden tried to fight back a smirk, but a small one managed to creep its way into his features. Turning slightly towards Naedira, Aiden allowed his deep voice to roll forward casually. "What would you like, dear?" They hadn't had a mini-exchange of irritated words or glares in about ten minutes. Aiden seemed all too happy to go along with the man's misconception.

Truth be told, the Sith Lord's suggestion of a drink was merely because he thought maybe, just maybe it would encourage the Knight to loosen up.

BYOO_Copy.png
Thoughts: "Buy me the right drink."

Naedira glanced up at the Sith Lord when he apologized for spacing out. It was polite, but, he wasn’t beholden to her approval. This wasn’t a date after all. “There’s no need to apologize.”, she responded softly, though, she thought back to the young woman he had become so distracted by. At first glance, it was easy to see why. She was beautiful, dressed as a princess, and had the most striking…

Green eyes. Like his.

“That woman—there’s something strange. Her name on official documents is Madalena deWinter. But…”, Nae trailed off, pursing her lips, while she tried to correctly recall what had been said. Or whispered about. When the incident had gone down she had been on Relovian with her cousin but the Knights tended to trade information amongst themselves. “Her record is different. It seems perfect, which is, with rare exceptions, different in itself. From eyewitness reports, she, seems very changed in recent months. So, perhaps you do know her. Perhaps she simply doesn’t know you.”

“I would suggest speaking to the Minister of Commerce. She handles payroll and may be able to offer further insight. If it interests you.”

If it didn’t—He could feel free to ignore her. Naedira was only providing details as she knew them to aid her superior as he saw fit. Aiden mentioned that it was curious that all of his family members had eventually found their way to the CIS. The olive-skinned Knight paused with a small smile. “There must be a flame somewhere to attract so many moths.”

Once they arrived at the bar Nae was vaguely taken aback when the bartender asked what they could get the lovely, ‘couple’. Her eyebrows raised faintly and her lips parted to offer a polite correction when Aiden spoke again as if the man hadn’t said anything wrong. She stared up at his face for a long moment, before catching on, and her smile became soft. Almost, pretty. “Just order my usual, darling.”

“You know what I like don’t you?”

r2l1c7.jpg
2qsmo1j.jpg
Objective: Enjoy the Festivities
Wearing: xxx
Post Four
[member=Asher Mossa]

Iseult wanted to be angry at Asher for assuming. The first emotion that came to mind was annoyance at the fact that he didn't realize the extent of her imprisonment, but the moment the words left his lips she could see the regret taking over his expression. Iseult wanted for nothing more than the world to swallow her up right then and there. Brashness wasn't usually her way of going about things, neither was anger, but she had spent so long being subordinate she'd forgotten parts of herself. New aspects of her personality were coming to light every day, aspects that weren't allowed to grow or show face back in the circus. The only person she had to thank for the freedom that allowed this was Asher. He'd risked his life to rescue her. Iseult sighed and swallowed her initial reaction.

'No, no parties for me. I was either in that tent or in the belly of a ship on the way to our next planet. Sometimes I could hear them if I sat close enough to the wall but after the first few times they all start to sound the same.'

His hand slipped around her and settled on the curve of her waist, Iseult was so wrapped up in her own head at first she didn't realise. When she looked back up at him he was standing close, her hand resting in his. The music came to a beautiful crescendo just as they took the first steps of what was a rather awkward looking dance.

'We'll make quite the pair then, I've never danced before. I've never done a lot of things before I suppose.'

Though she wanted too, Iseult couldn't look up at Asher. She was to focused on their feet and which way they would step next. Trying to second guess the moves to a dance you didn't know was overly complicated. She was bumbling her way through the dance rather than spinning gracefully like the everyone else. When he spoke about his wish she granted herself a few precious seconds to look up and offer him a flattered smile.

'Thank you.'

One quick glance back down again told her she was doing rather better than she'd originally suspected. It wasn't perfect but she was getting the hang of when she was supposed to step backward or forward. With more room to formulate a proper response Iseult sighed softly and spoke again.

'I'm sorry Asher. I chose not to tell you because nothing good ever comes from it. The future isn't a path already laid out for you to walk on, it's something you lay yourself. Every choice you make dictates your fate. If I told you your future you'd do everything in your power to make it so and that's one sure fire way to ruin it. I've seen it happen before.'

r2l1c7.jpg

2qsmo1j.jpg

Objective: Enjoy the Festivities
[member="Iseult Yver"]
Post 9

There was something about his assumption that unsettled Iseult. While he did not know what it was for sure, being part of the Lylek pact now, the two were bonded through their shared spirit. Why the spirit saw fit to bond him to those of the pact was beyond him, but there it was. This bond was deep though, beyond the simple tie that bound the pact together. What Asher could gather so far was that Lylek had shown her a vision of Asher coming for her. She had seen his future, but refused to tell it, and they had been bound together for some purpose Lylek had yet to reveal.

"Stop dwelling on the why and the what, Asher... just enjoy the moment..." The spirit interrupted his thoughts.

A sigh escaped Asher as Lylek spoke. Where he had once been running from what he believed to be a curse, now there was nowhere that Asher could ever hide that the spirit of Lylek could not reach him. It was comforting and annoying. Especially when Asher was trying to enjoy the moment, and the company he was with. Company that managed to get him to do something that he had not done since his wife passed.

What Asher had not told Iseult was that the song was familiar. While he had not danced with anyone since the passing of his wife, the song and the steps that he led Iseult in were also the same as the one they were so often carried away in. Some would have called it their song, and while Asher was never one for labels like that, it was certainly a thought he was having in the moment.

"It is a shame they never allowed you to participate. I would imagine the ruckus was grand. What you need is to experience the kind of parties we threw on Stewjon, away from the royal elite, in the lush forests where we could do as we pleased. All the mead you could drink... yes... I think you would make marvelous drunk..."

Asher chuckled slightly at the idea before the topic turned serious. She had her reasons for not sharing the future with him, and he understood them. His head nodded. As the tempo of the music changed to something much slower Asher nearly took a step to pull away, but stopped himself. The pace was a much more intimate pace, one that called for people to move closer.

"Step in close," he said with a small prompt of pulling her closer with the hand that rest securely at the curve of her lower back, just above the waist.

He was close enough that he could breathe her in once more. Taking in a deep breath and letting out slowly, Asher formed the swirling thoughts in his mind and focused them to an answer.

"You do not need to apologize. The vision was given to you, not me. If Lylek wanted me to see it, then he would have shown it to me. I can still teach you how to focus your gift, and what you do with it will always be your choice. Unlike with your previous masters, you will never be forced to perform. I promised you freedom, and that is what you have. Whatever your part is in the vision the spirit gave you... that is your choice as well. Promise me that you will heed your own advice and that you will not try to make that future happen for me. It will be what it will be then, because that is the way it must be.

It was a soft warning, a moment of guidance. His eyes looked into hers, held for the briefest of moments to search for understanding. Instead all he saw was curiosity and compassion, two qualities that endeared her to him. The smallest of smiles pulled at his lips, and as the music continued to play, Asher dared to kiss the top of head and let the music carry them off to a much more pleasant place.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
wish.png

With: [member="Alwine Lechner"]

"Just now... talking to your master," Gerwald said with an add smirk on his face. "I am still your older brother and it is my right to tease you as I see fit."

They were headed to the wishing tree. Alwine wanted to make a wish, but she did not say what she was thinking beyond that. Gerwald had no real need to make one. His relationship with Alwine was very much on the mend, despite the fact she was still charging interest on is penance. His eyes had rolled at the comment, though he had to admit he left himself open for the tease. Like any younger sibling should, she took full advantage of it.

Then came the question.

"SHE is here," he simply answered. Gerwald made a note that he would need to be more guarded now. His thoughts and feeling were open to his sister as she had been learning how to use the force. It wasn't that he wanted to keep things from his sister, Gerwald simply knew there were things that could be used against him, even if Alwine knew. This was not one of those, but by protecting his own mind, he was protecting his siblings.

Alwine would know who he meant, and before she could say a word, Gerwald kept speaking.

"...and no... we are not going to go meet her. Even though she wanted to meet you and Var, this isn't the place, nor the time. Let's go make that wish."

wish.png
Objective: Attend the festival with her brother
Wearing: this
Tags: [member="Gerwald Lechner"]

Red.png
"He is not my master," Alwine replied, still pulling on her brother's arm. It was obvious that between the two of them, she was the more excited one about the prospect of going to that wishing tree. Did Alwine actually believe in it? No, that would be just silly. She did not believe in the gods that they had been raised to believe in, did not fear them or honor them. The Force was as big of a higher power that she could believe in at present, and if something else existed, it had yet to be important enough for the petite to take notice of it.

But still, there was something that was borderline magical on the thought of a wish tree. Write your wishes down, hang them on the tree, and light it on fire. It was… To be frank, quite barbaric. But it had more than a touch of charm to it, and she wanted to not only see it, but experience it. Was that not part of why the Lechner siblings were no longer on Stewjon? So that they could go around the galaxy and experience the many things it had to offer, small and grand alike?

When Gerwald explained… Alwine did pause in her steps, turning around to look at her brother. Such a big man, scared of… Seeing a woman? The woman herself? She could not form an opinion here or there since the woman called Scherezade was more like a Schrodinger's Woman thanks to timelines and threads, both something and not something.

But there were few things Alwine knew. Such as that Scherezade had wanted to meet her and Varick, though she could not tell Gerwald that she knew it or why she knew it at all.

"You are both Confederates," she said sharply, and then did not add that she had looked this Scherezade up in the CIS datafiles, had tried to spell it in a variety of different ways, and had come up with nothing, "it is to be expected that the two of you will show up at the same events from time to time. Perhaps if you stopped referring to her as SHE, then SHE will scare you a little bit less."

Oh, there was much more she wanted to say on the matter. But there was one thing Gerwald was right about; now was neither the time or the place, though they both thought as such regarding different things.

Grabbing her brother's hand again, Alwine pulled them the remaining distance to the tree. There were several people gathered there, but she paid the no mind.

Alwine released Gewald's hand and ran to where the rice paper was, pausing only once to make sure her top did not snap from out of her fabric. Flimsy useless thing it was when one wanted to be more than a still statue. Once she was at the table though, she realized she could not actually… Bend down.

Instead, she folded her knees, bringing herself lower, and began to write her wishes. Her handwriting still resembled that of a child's, but she wrote faster now, and more fluently. And she knew exactly what she wanted to write. If anyone tried to see what she was writing, she'd cover the paper, not letting them.

Alwine took her little piece of rice paper once it was finished and walked to the tree. There was at least one other woman there ([member="Scherezade deWinter"]), but for the moment, she did not look. There were bigger matters to take care of, such as the tree was obviously not meant for people her height or shorter.

Cursing, the Lupine took a few steps back and raised her little paper through the Force, guiding it gently to a branch.

Loose_Ends_Copy.png

Purpose: Light the Wishing Tree and Unveil the Refurbished Droid Factories
Zara.png

Okay, so, she was even less funny than she thought she was.

Were she a lesser woman she would have had the decency to feel some sort of embarrassment when the Exarch of the Confederacy, [member="Adron Malvern"], blew her off like a wayward dust bunny. She watched as the man sought to educate her on the ways of the great political clout that Hypori seemed to have whilst taking back a shot of whiskey like a champ. That wasn’t even the good stuff. She was surprised he didn’t cough or choke on it. “Good evenin'—Mr. Malvern.”

Zara leaned back on the bar as the all-too-handsome politician took his leave. He was almost as pretty walking away as he was from the front. She sighed. Green eyes, the color of sea glass, swept over her shtööhb and she picked it up with a little swirl. “Why are the good ones always so full of themselves?”

The question was posed to the air and entirely rhetorical. She received no answer, save, that which existed in the bottom of her drink. Zara downed it happily to help with the public speaking she would soon have to do. Things with the Confederacy were already in motion. Documents were already signed and contracts would soon be on the way. Hypori was on to bigger and brighter things.

As the hour grew late Zara Bek eventually pulled away from the bar. She’d had a small speech all written up. But, truthfully? No one wanted to hear that. It was fancy. Too fancy and too gussied up for the people of Ensign. Some of the people running the festival ushered her to the rooftop of one of the tallest buildings in the city. Ensign was on a plateau so the rest of the people that had come to the Qixi Festival wouldn’t have any trouble seeing the tree or the droid factories coming back to life in the distance. Just in case there were holo-screens set up in the main square nearest the bar and the gazebo.

When the time was right she cleared her throat and called for the attention of all those in attendance.

“Excuse me—is this thing on—Excuse me! Pardon the intrusion…”, Zara started off, trying to keep her voice steady, and not at all as nervous as she felt. “I just wanted to thank everyone for coming. It means a lot. I did have some big speech planned but honestly…Who cares? We’re all here. Hypori is going to shine again. No more looking for work, no more rationing, and no more uncertainty. We have our plan of action so there’s no need to focus on the past anymore. To Hypori! To the Confederacy! And to the future.”

Zara breathed. That was diplomatic right? Flipping on her comm she called in an order that caused workers to tell everyone at the Wishing Tree to stand back. No one wanted to be caught on fire.

“A moment of silence while we light the Wishing Tree. If you can direct your eyes to the horizon or to the monitors in the square…You will see that our factories do indeed live once again.”

It was the best feeling ever to see minuscule lights flicker on in the distance. It was even better to realize after the moment of silence that the distant rumble she heard belonged to the cheers of Hypori. Part of her grin might have been the alcohol but the rest was all pride. Finally, finally, they could get back to doing what they did best. The Wishing Tree went up in a slow, contained flame, which sent sparks flying into the air. They disintegrated quickly as they were carried on a light breeze. Wishes, floating away to find a way to be granted. When the cheering started to die down Zara debated on just mic-dropping and leaving it at that. But, that wasn’t what a good host would do.

“Again, thank you all for coming. By no means is this the end of the night. Feel free to stay awhile! Put your feet up! There’s plenty of hotels in Ensign and we love having you. Enjoy the rest of your night!”

Zara smiled. Regardless, Mr. High-And-Mighty Exarch…This was a good, good night.

Plain_Hypori_Bar.png
| . |Mission Log | . |

Hypori has been welcomed fully into the fold. Zara Bek and Gaza Dellso might have differing methods but they both have agreed that working with the Confederacy is the best course of action. The official business at the Qixi Festival has been dealt with so now the fun may continue. Feel free to remain in Hypori as long as you please. Continue your stories and don't stop until you're satisfied! As always, thank you for being such wonderful guests. Enjoy!

r2l1c7.jpg

Qixi Festival • Bar | Lounge
Attire: Dress
Post Five
Mentions: [member="Caid Centurion"] • [member="Alwine Lechner"] • [member="Gerwald Lechner"]

"Malagarr is..." the woman seemed to be reflecting, maybe too long before she continued her line of thought, "as wild as the space it is surrounded in. A much more...simpler way of life. It is beautiful. " And dangerous. When she spoke of home though, her amber eyes lit up and the jungles there near projected upon their light glaze. Giving the wolf a curt nod, her small hands wrapped about the even more minuscule glass. Cersei too thought the size a little off-putting, but drew in its contents nevertheless. The red planet offered steins near the size of a humanoid head or at the very least, a chalice that held quadruple what this host did in flutes. She licked the remnants of mead from her lips with a satisfied sigh as far as taste.

Dark brows knitted closely and she laughed, "You must have had twenty or so of these..." Silly. She was being silly- mayhaps not twenty, but far more than two or three. That was merely a tease.

Snippets of the group's conversation came to mind and the Princess near looked aghast, eyes gone a little wide, "What gain could possibly come from coddling one's student..." it was said softly, perhaps even to herself. The lesson of what not to do, Cersei reflected, answering herself. There was something to be learned from everything, after all.

Shaking the thoughts from her head, the raven maned Malagarrian offered Alwine a smile in return, and tipped her head in Gerwald's direction as well, "Ditto."

As much as the thought of intoxicating one's self sounded... exhilarating, there were far too many unacquainted faces. Alas, a jug for later to unwind maybe? Do you think we could manage to... obtain an entire bottle and are you familiar with...Hypori, Caid? Unease ran up her spine and as a result, the Princess pressed closer to the man. Instead of looking to where it derived from, she peered up to the Viceroy instead.

Caid Centurion

C
Objective: Qixi Festival
Wearing: x
Tags: [member="Cersei Moirae"] | [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Gerwald Lechner"]

Caid did not exactly appreciate being cornered publicly by Alwine about taking on her brother as a student. In general, the Sith Lord preferred to make his own selections based upon his personal, independent appraisal of an individual. To flare his irritation just a touch further, the Lupine soon flitted off to engage in some other pursuit of pleasure. With a hardened jaw, Caid offered the pair a subtle nod of the head before returning his attention completely to Cersei, ignoring both the rebuff by Scherezade and the presence of the Minister.

One was an alcoholic disappointment last he checked, the other was just too enigmatic. In fact, he was quite certain that nobody in their largely broken family had a clue he even existed until right now. Why? The prospect of a contender did not sit well with Caid either, but the sudden increased proximity of Cersei was certainly enough to stall his thoughts.

Silver-green eyes flashed as a subtle smile touched the creases of irritation that had previously adorned his lips. "Honestly, I don't know anything about this world outside of the key points. I'm only here because a request from the Vicelord and his Exarchs is, in truth, anything but optional." Pausing for a moment, Caid managed to lift his gaze from the beauty at his side for but a moment to search for an answer to her other question.

When he'd located the nearest beverage vendor, the warrior's attention returned to the sorceress at his side. "As for the drink, I know precisely where to go. I think I would...prefer to enjoy it devoid of any of these distractions. That is...if you're amenable to a private party?" A playful wink flourished the jest and communicated the seriousness of his meaning just as he began to guide them towards their destination.

Arriving at the vendor, Caid released Cersei long enough to gather a few credits, placing them on top of the stall. "We would like...two bottles of that mead, please." The exchange took less than fifteen seconds and the Sith Lord, seemingly involuntarily, returned to Cersei's side. It was indeed probably the most...intimate he had been with her over the course of an extended period since their arrival in Confederacy space from Wild Space some time ago.

Tag: [member="Naedira Darcrath"]

Aiden tilted his head in thought as Naedira seemed to pull the personnel file of the woman he'd noticed by the tree straight out of the database. She hadn't literally done this, of course, but Naedira's familiarity with the individual was...intriguing. Then again, if the record was indeed so...clean...Aiden supposed it was not really that much of a wonder that it stood out in the Knight's mind. When Naedira mentioned the Minister of Commerce, Aiden largely shrugged his shoulders. He had not, as of yet, had much a cause to interact with Alessandra. "That is indeed...intriguing. Sound advice as well, thank you, Naedira."

As usual, the Minister was able to roll Nae's name off his tongue with surprisingly little effort. She had one of those names that he was almost certain many people butchered. In that regard, he supposed he did benefit from hearing her say it first rather than attempting to read it off a paper. Despite his parents' large focus on a variety of languages and a skill to adapt to even the most complicated of languages via a mixture of training and exposure, Aiden was not perfect. He'd met many a linguist that put his own talents to incredible shame. Besides...everyone seemed to have droids these days, programmed with an almost immeasurable array of communications capabilities. The Sith Lord actually detested the intense reliance on technology, but he understood its place.

Standing in front of the bar, Aiden finally lost the fight to keep a mischievous smirk from touching his features. In truth, he'd expected Naedira to react with no small amount of passive-aggressive snark to the joke. A most curious thing happened in response, the woman offered her own seemingly genuine smile. A flicker of surprise managed to sneak into Aiden's features before dissipating just as quickly. Silence lingered between the two as Naedira rose to meet his challenge, forcing him into a position from which they both knew she had clearly prevailed in the hidden jest.

For the probably the second or third time that evening and, in his life ever, Aiden allowed himself a brief, soft laugh. Nodding his head slightly, he turned his attention back to the bartender. "My apologies. It would appear the beautiful woman has beat me at my own game." As the Minister's face neutralized, he waved a large, dismissive hand. "Forgive me, but we are not a couple." Inclining his head towards Naedira slightly, he offered a brief explanation and a...semi-accurate joke. "She's literally only with me right now because she's a touch too polite and respectful to tell me to feth off."

As a smile returned to his lips, Aiden clasped his hands behind his back. "I'll get a glass of Whyren's Reserve, no ice, and whatever the lady desires for herself." Stepping aside, the Sith Lord had all but failed to realize he referred to Naedira not as a member of the Knights Obsidian but simply a woman, a person on two consecutive instances. It was not an attempt to diminish her capacity or role so much as one to distance himself from any notion of his desire to be beside Naedira continuing to stem from any true...professional capacity.

BYOO_Copy.png
Thoughts: "Quitter."

As a Knight Obsidian, it was her duty to know the more prominent members of the Confederacy as well as those that existed within her own Order. The green-eyed brunette that had held Aiden’s focus for so long definitely fell into one of those categories. It was likely the reason that she kept tucking away details about the Minister of War as much as she could. He was a mystery. In her line of chosen work, the unknown could be a dangerous thing.

Her head inclined briefly when he thanked her for the sparse details. There was something in the way that she kept referring to him by his title that made it feel more and less personal than it should have. As if there were something, just beneath the surface, that she refused to acknowledge. “You are welcome, Minister.”

The Nabooian woman appreciated that he didn’t slur through her name like a drunk every time it passed his lips. When they came to stand by the bar she rewarded his proficiency by playing along with his impromptu farce. Seeing the vestiges of surprise flicker within his eyes was enough to make her smile widen. The slight dimple in the kiss of her mouth showed itself when a deeply hidden darkness seemed to come alive in the halls of her eyes. It was mischief at its finest.

He laughed and her expression remained as she turned her gaze back toward the bartender. It was a curious sound. Deep, and rich, but sparse. As if it was almost rusty from disuse. Her fair countenance cleared slowly when he admitted defeat very early in their game. A rather terse chuckle escaped her when he mentioned that she was too polite. Oh, hardly. “Don’t be ridiculous, Aiden.”

She recognized that he was teasing, or, at least that he was trying. “I’m off duty. If I wanted you gone…”

“I’d have just left myself.”

He placed his order and she shook her head slowly. “You gave up much too easily.”, she intoned to the broad-shouldered man at her side. While Naedira was not the smallest woman, beside the Minister, he seemed to dwarf her. She nodded her head toward a bottle on the shelf. It was an amber-colored whiskey. “I’ll have a shot of that. Make it a double. Traditional.”

She recognized the label as being a popular Nabooian whiskey. It could be hard to find in these parts so she was almost impressed that Hypori had it to offer. It wasn’t as strong as some of the other options but there was a distinct taste and scent that seemed to place her at ease. It reminded her of a quieter time. Of drinking for the sake of gentle enjoyment versus a need to block out reality. The slender woman had quite the tolerance, regardless, but she nodded her head at the bartender when he brought their drinks back. Her own had strips of orange peels floating in it among a few ice cubes.

Naedira raised her glass to the Minister before turning her eyes to the monitors that depicted the Wishing Tree and the droid factories lighting up. She turned around and let her back lean against the bar as the metal tree seemed to light itself on fire. It was mystical as the papers that were tied to it were turned to sparkling bits of dust that floated harmlessly into the sky. Sighing softly, with firelight in her eyes, she clinked her glass against Aiden’s. “…To a good night off.”

It was, more or less. No one was dead. She wasn’t adrift at sea without her mission. And she’d formally gotten to know someone important and new. Not bad, for a diplomatic shindig.

r2l1c7.jpg

Qixi Festival • Bar | Lounge
Attire: Dress
Post Six
Mentions: [member="Caid Centurion"]​
There was a moment there, lost to her, but the Malagarrian Princess reacted to it. A small, lightly tanned hand ventured North, just the barest of touches upon Caid's cheek. His irritation had moved through her as if it were own and as magnetism were, she was drawn to relieve through skin contact. It was a drive Cersei did not understand on most levels and she had sought to obtain the reasons. She had failed obviously and let be what was. Fingertips doted upon his creased brow before his expression changed and fell, traveling past his lips to land at his arm. "We should remedy that," pausing the reference to Hypori, the woman tugged to straighten the cuff of the fitted suit, "perhaps another time though."

Gold depths were drawn to his silver-green, "A duty you are familiar with though and the expectations."

All business aside, her full mouth tipped into a smile, "I would have it no other way. It has been far too long since I indulged and the thought of intoxication around..." Cersei's half-lit gaze glanced around the bar area and melodic laughter took the place of any words that might have concluded the statement she was making. He would understand what she meant, to that the woman was quite certain.

During the small amount of time it took for the Endelaanian to procure her request, Cersei took in the gathering. The raven crowned foreigner made it a point to avoid the Minister of War though- his presence far too familiar for never having met him. It was different than what Caid and she shared. It was akin to... a queer meddling of her past and the people in it. Her molten gaze darkened at the thought and she straightened upon the Prince's appearance at her side.

"Two?" noted the Sorceress with a tinkering of light laughter. "The night is still young, I suppose. Are we ready?"

Caid Centurion

C
Objective: Qixi Festival
Wearing: x
Tags: [member="Cersei Moirae"]

The Sith Lord had naught but a smile to offer the beauty from Malagarr regarding her suggestion of postponing any further study of Hypori to another day. Just before the bottles of mead were handed over to the pair, Caid's ears caught the tail end of the brief comments. However, his attention was almost immediately diverted to the large wishing tree which suddenly erupted into brilliant flames. For a moment, Caid watched in silence as the scribbled hopes of the masses ascended to the heavens and the factories of Hypori were once again coaxed to life.

It was, as usual, the melodic voice of Cersei that pulled him from his thoughts, demanding the redirecting of his attention to that which mattered most in the moment. Silver-green eyes burned with mischief and no small amount of desire for a respite from the throngs of government officials and esteemed guests of the Confederacy. "What's the matter? Afraid you won't be able to...keep pace?"

Offering Cersei his right arm once more, Caid escorted the raven-haired woman away from the bar and the Qixi Festival in general. In the span of less than a handful of moments and amid casual conversation, the Prince and Princess arrived back at the Nightstalker. It was not long before the alien-looking craft began a gradual, steady ascent towards the heavens and the next adventure.

Tag: [member="Naedira Darcrath"]

Aiden could not help but smile with a slight shake of his head at the surprising amount of levity that had seemed to settle upon their interactions. The Minister was quite certain that the entire evening was going to carry on in a deliberate, forced manner given the way most of their conversations had progressed. However, as he permitted himself a brief amount of silent thought on the matter, he would have invariably lost interest long ago if things went the other way.

The Mustafar native was certainly far from the typical male. Truthfully, his intent behind relieving Naedira early had not been born out of a desire to seduce or impress. These were concepts that, in general, Aiden had little patience for portraying or enduring. He quite literally was intrigued by the women from their initial interaction on Geonosis. There was a subtlety to her intelligence and awareness, yet he could plainly tell that something had transpired to make her into whom she was.

While his interest in the woman had been academic at the start, he found himself enjoying the challenge of their terse discourse. Naedira was not the type to pull punches or veil her speech for the comfort of others. She simply gave information straight and to the point. When challenged, she did not back down or feign any level of a demure attitude. For sure, he found himself growing more and more curious as to her potential in armed conflict. If it was even half as well-versed as her verbal finesse, he was sure that he would be impressed. The reality of her beauty was plainly obvious enough not to really require mention. Besides...there were plenty of pretty flowers in the galaxy. However, there were but a handful of species that could kill without anyone being any the wiser.

The Confederacy and, in no small part, Aiden needed the latter not the former. When Naedira raised her glass to cheers him, Aiden responded in kind with a nod of his head. "To a good night off." The Sith Lord emptied the contents of his glass into this throat in one large gulp. The liquid burned pleasantly as it went down his throat. Placing the glass back on top of the bar, Aiden largely ignored the spectacle going on around them. "By the way. I know when a tactical retreat is prudent over digging in for a hopeless defense," he commented in response to her quip about him giving up too easily.

As Aiden opened his mouth to say something else, his datapad began beeping. Fishing the device out of a pocket of his overcoat, the Minister quickly typed in an access code and read the flash alert. In that instance, his face returned to its normal expressionless mask as he slipped the device back into the same pocket from whence it came. "My apologies, Naedira, but I have to go. I thank you for your company, and I'm quite certain we'll run into each other soon."

After placing a number of credit chips on the bar, Aiden nodded politely to Naedira, turned, and initiated a swift, long stride in the direction of his vessel.

The Hutts plans had been stopped for now. Vildarn had chosen to return to the wishing tree. He swore that even if the wish failed he wouldn’t stop till he brought down the enemies of the Confederacy. The enemies that would strip freedom and hope from the galaxy. Vildarn would embody the beliefs in justice and peace that the citizens of the Confederacy Sought. He would stay his course no matter the cost, no matter the sacrifice. The wishes of the galaxy would be in his memory forever.

<To Dominion of Tarsunt>

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
"No... it's weird... SHE is here, but she is not... I can't explain it, but something is not right."

All Gerwad could know was that she was different. He didn't know what had happened, just that she was.

"And yes, whether you like it or not, he is your master. It is a term that force users have used for teacher or instructor. He is full of the dark side, a SIth perhaps. Do not be fooled, Alwine. You are his apprentice, and he is your master. Be very careful with him. Learn what you must, but do not let him make you something you are not.

It was a gentle warning from what Gerwald had observed from those he had interacted with in his short time away from Stewjon. It was longer than Alwine's time, and Gerwald had seen much more of this Confederacy and galaxy to this point. Gerwald was a killer, he was the consort, and nearly the mate, of the Nightmother of the Mandragora, but he was the sadistic brute that he had witnessed from some of the others. Even when he killed there was a respect to it, unless of course it was deserved. They were Lupine first, and that connection to nature and to the wild would always be the thing that differentiated them.

When they arrived at the tree, Alwine scribbled a wish on the rice paper. She had been learning to read and write, something Gerwald was still struggling with as well. None of them, except Varick perhaps, had been afforded the opportunity. Gerwald stood and watched as she put her wish on the tree, making none of his own. This was for his sister, purely and simply. As she finished a strong and war hardened hand rest on her shoulder.

"Can we find somewhere to run, or hunt... Let's go be free and enjoy it."

His eyes turned to [member="Scherezade deWinter"] and Gerwald let out a soft sigh. She was close, and close enough that Gerwald could not ignore it. However awkward this was going to be, he turned before Alwine could answer him, and spoke.

"You look well tonight Scherezade... I want you to meet my sister... Alwine."

Gerwald felt like an idiot for just butting in, but he could not be seen as ignoring her.

[member="Alwine Lechner"]

wish.png
Objective: Who What Why
Wearing: <3 | Combat boots
Tags: [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Alwine Lechner"]

rosedic2.png
The sight of the tree being lit on fire was absolutely breathtaking. Madalena took a few steps back together with the other tree guests to avoid being burned, her eyes wide as they took the flames in. It was a silly ritual, of course. There was no belief inside of her that making wishes and setting them on fire would make it happen. But there was a basic, almost barbaric beauty to this, and she could feel its effect on her both insides and out in such a tangible way that for the briefest of moments, she understood why some cultures worshiped the fire.

And for these brief few moments, she didn't feel it. She did not feel the pull to several different people who attended the festival that night. For those brief few moments, Madalena's senses and heart were completely free of all the pulls, left alone to flutter in awe at the sight of the tree.

And then she heard a voice.

Madalena turned around, noticing only now a short blonde in a beautiful dress standing by her. She'd been there before the fire too, she recalled now, and had used the Force to hang her paper. But the man next to her…

The pull renewed itself inside of Madalena and she held back a gasp. Whether it was pain or pleasure she felt, it was too sharp and yet too mumbled at the same time, keeping her from knowing for certain. This… This was the man to whom she had felt the pull for so long now, and ignored it? Why had she ignored it?

For a heartbeat, she felt her mouth run dry. The usual chatty and charismatic Madalena didn't know what to say or do, and she merely stared at him, her eyes glowing with wonder.

And then he spoke.

"What? No, no…" she whispered, "I am not Scherezade. I am Madalena." With that she held her arm out to him, offering to shake it, slowly gaining the strength in her voice back, "Madalena Antares. It's a common mistake though. So yes. Madalena." And the little blonde was his sister. She let out a few wisps of invisible smoke through the Force, tasting them both. Definitely, yes, siblings. And no, not human.

"I'm sorry, I do not mean to be rude, Alwine," she said as she returned her gaze to the man, her eyes still wide, "But who are you? I have been… Feeling, sensing you, these past few weeks now. You are like a shining beacon upon the Great Web, almost always in the vicinity. And yet… I have not seen or met you before."

Madalena felt as though she was inside a dream. She wanted to flatten her hand against his heart just to make sure that it really beat. She did not understand what was happening, not to her, and not who this man was. But maybe… Maybe if she could ask him a few more questions, she would have answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom