Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyporian Nights [CIS Dominion of Hypori] | X-49

Objective: CIS Security
Tags: [member="Naedira Darcrath"]

Aiden afforded the Knight a shallow dip of his head. "A pleasure, Naedira." The Minister allowed his gaze to divert from Naedira's soft features only a couple very brief times. However, when she was speaking, Nae would find that she commanded Aiden's full attention. Rather, it certainly appeared that she commanded his full attention. There were moments naturally when Aiden's presence roamed far beyond his present location, attempting to maintain as firm an understanding of his surroundings as possible. Aiden chalked this simple reality up to a life of brutality and manipulation. "Well I'm happy not to be taken by such empty and unnecessary gestures."

As Naedira's comments turned to that of Srina Talon, Aiden found his active interest wavering. It wasn't a true concern of his to what end Naedira did or did not work with or for the Exarch. This was certainly not due to some hidden hatred or disapproval of either woman. Quite to the contrary, he judged them both to be highly effective at their present duties.

In that moment, Aiden did busy himself with a question. Why did he care at all? Why had he cared to ensure Naedira, and only Naedira, received an early relief such that she could mingle at the party? Why hadn't he merely...had the information relayed and went about his business? Certainly there were any number of political and military officials present that the Sith could have chosen to interact with. In fact it would have been prudent for him to do just that.

As it was, Aiden's internal monologue subsided just as Naedira uttered the words thank you. The preceding question had, obviously, been insightful enough to prompt the Minister to search for a logical answer. "You've earned a break for at least one night, I think."

Watching as Naedira presumably situated her own internal thoughts, Aiden arched a curious brow. By the time she had turned around to face him, his expression had neutralized. In that very moment, Naedira did something that he outright did not expect. It was so unexpected in fact, that if he had been paying any attention to the scratching sensation at the back of his neck, he stopped completely. "I..." There was literally no reason for words to falter in his throat in this moment. She was hardly the one and only attractive female in the galaxy and most certainly not even close to the first with whom Aiden had...interacted. Yet, falter the words did. "...yeah it would be my pleasure. I do suppose it's the least I can do as the ultimate reason for you requiring such."

Stepping forward, Aiden offered the armored woman one of his comparatively large arms. As he did, he leaned his head down to whisper something to Naedira, thin smile settling onto his lips. "Besides, you can help keep the undesirables that only want to talk of money, power, and politics away."

r2l1c7.jpg
Qixi Festival • Entrance
Post Two

"Have I told you," Cersei leaned and dropped her voice, snaking her arm around the one he offered, "I'm not much for these either."

Truth be told, she detested them. The only thing it really offered, on Malagarr, was a chance to share opinion because it was prompted and otherwise dip into that wardrobe. In that, the people spoke from a script and each act was practically conditioned choreography. Dramatis. However, on Hypori, it was more about immersing herself in the waves of the Confederacy and taste new experiences. It was nice to roam freely without a title...a reputation...a prophecy.

In the short time Cersei had been past the veil of the red planet, penetrating gold depths had feasted on worlds only whispered of. The great-grandson of Boadecia had given her this opportunity and that reprieve. She was not sure she could ever repay him.

The glow of atmosphere felt...warm, earthy and she found that the saffron burnish accented the soft blue of her gown and tan-olive of her skin. She had been absorbing passing patrons and architecture when [member="Caid Centurion"] spoke. A brow lightly arched in response, "Unless I chance upon a small feral kitten," Cersei paused and a smile tugged the corner of her mouth, "you need'nt worry, Prince."

From the perception of others, the woman appeared at ease with casual, practiced strides of long stemmed legs. Loose strands of pinned up russet-raven waves framed the soft bone structure of the Malagarrian that set off liquid amber eyes. They appeared slightly...alien with flecks of an enchanting jungle swimming in them. Not so alien, however, as that of the Prince of Endelaan's own at her side.

"Or..." the Princess led on and laughed softly moments after, "I did read of Massiffs being here..."

Caid Centurion

C
Objective: Qixi Festival
Wearing: x
Tags: [member="Cersei Moirae"] | [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Gerwald Lechner"]

Caid allowed a mock expression of shock to slip across his features. "Princess! How ever do you expect to be a Queen without knowing how to gracefully endure the company of the social elite?" He hadn't ever expressly heard that statement, but he certainly had interacted with enough nobility to...get that vibe.

Cersei's mention of a kitten earned her little more than a sideways glance from the Sith Lord though a smile did linger on his lips. "Massiffs..." For a moment, the Warrior Prince's lips curled upwards into an even bigger grin. "Now that could be a pursuit worth our time."

Shaking his thoughts from his head, Caid offered a small, brief laugh as they entered the main lounge area of the Qixi Festival. There was certainly a diverse array of people. Silver-green eyes fell upon many new faces and some that were, at least, vaguely familiar. However, it was when he caught sight of young, stunning figure in white that the sweep of his eyes stopped completely. "No way..."

Shifting his gaze in Cersei's direction, Caid motioned in the direction of [member="Alwine Lechner"] and a much larger figure, likely one of the brothers she spoke of, in the distance. "Come on. I want you to meet my apprentice. Have you ever heard of Lupines? Humans that shape-shift into wolves at will...though some would undoubtedly consider the inverse of that description more accurate."

Casually, Caid weaved through the crowds, still arm-in-arm with Cersei. As they walked, he made quiet comments about various people that he recognized. He also mentioned to Cersei that the young girl's name was Alwine Lechner, a member of the Knights Obsidian. It was an organization with which Cersei would be at least vaguely familiar by now.

Approaching the attractive blonde from the front, Caid smiled pleasantly. "Little wolf...?" Caid's smile subsided slowly into more of an easy grin as the Sith Lord continued, "Don't you look ravishing." Silver-green eyes slowly shifted to the larger Lupine standing beside Alwine. "You must be one of the famous brothers?" Caid's only interaction with them had been via proxy when he'd sent them a message about their sister being in a bacta tank, recovering from injuries sustained in training.

Alwine had actually yelled at him for his brutal methods. It was cute.

Half-turning, Caid motioned between the two Lupine and Cersei. "This is Cersei. Cersei this is Alwine, the young girl I told you about." He'd only just told her, but that wasn't an important detail in the moment.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
r2l1c7.jpg

wish.png

Wearing: xxx
With: [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Caid Centurion"] | [member="Cersei Moirae"]​
-------------------​
"And you would do that just to see what I would do... no dear sister, keep your clothes on. These men do not need to be gawking at your details."

It was all in gest he hoped, and while he had learned to be okay with his own nudity, he knew what the men were thinking. Gerwald only knew because he was one himself, and the fact that he had experienced the wonder of what those thoughts could bring. However, the fact that men were thinking about his sister in such carnal terms bothered him, and greatly. It was a moment that passed soon enough as Alwine wanted to drink a toast. The mead would be nothing like what they had on Stewjon, he knew that, but at least there was mead.

He grabbed a goblet.

"Forgiving..." the word caught in his throat slightly. Despite talking to each other, and the missions they had been on since her rescue, this was the first time the word had been used. Gerwald nodded. "That is a worthy toast..."

He smashed his gobalet into Alwine's not caring about her dress, or lack of cloth over her breasts. The mead would fall where it would. They were from Stewjon and they would drink like it no matter their dress.

That was when their moment was interrupted. A man... calling her little wolf. Gerwald eyed him cautiously until he put together that this man was the one she had been training with. He snarled at the word ravishing and certainly gave himself away as one of the brothers. Gerwald knew better though. This man was a master force user, and nothing Gerwald could do would ever see him teaching this man to not look at his sister that way. Where was all of this coming from? Perhaps the guilt of leaving her. Forgiveness was going to mean forgiving himself as well.

"I am... the second brother. You must be the man who is teaching her the ways of the force. I hope she hasn't tried to bite you yet."

Loose_Ends_Copy.png
"I insist." Adron reinforced, hosting an amused expression.

Though Adron was intending for this chat to take as least time as possible he was a bit sidetracked by the bugs suggestion that he was a cripple. Of course the primary use for a cane was to aid someone with their balance and remaining stable, yet it was far from that station when in Adron's use. "On my homeworld, male members of the nobility are given canes when they are of age. A symbol of their status and ascension." He explained, before waving away the topic.

"Now, I must say I find your situation to be a tad bit, unideal." Adron's words came from a place of pompousness yet in the same turn they carried a shallow sense of pity, bordering understanding.

"I cannot imagine your people enjoy their current situation? No. Simply make the best of it. As we all do." He continued. "In fact, it's my understanding that the Geonosian population is unable to follow tradition and construct a hive mound, am I correct?" He questioned.

"You see, Dellso. I am interested in the works of the Geonosians, your people have made spectacular craftsman in the past and I would see you returned to your proper place in the galaxy. I believe I can help your people find a world within Confederate space, ripe with the resources and support needed for you to become your own power within The Confederacy. A world where you would have privacy, autonomy, and be able to expand upon." Adron paused, eyeing the Geonosian to gauge his response.

[member="Eternal Vision"]

wish.png
Objective: Attend the festival with her brother
Wearing: this
Tags: [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Caid Centurion"] [member="Cersei Moirae"]

Red.png
Not gawking at her details? A stranger might have misunderstood behind the words if that stranger knew just how often the Lechner siblings spent time around each other without clothes, even after puberty had begun to change their bodies. She could not recall Gerwald ever being so… Possessive? Protective? About her flesh before, and Alwine could not help but wonder if she had simply not noticed it earlier, or it had simply been entirely absent with mother-Lechner’s shadow looming over them, telling them all that she would take care of their marriages and that they ought to avoid any and all relationships since resulting offspring would be Lupines.

Alwine snarled for a moment, forcing the thought of that vile woman down. Ripping her throat out had been the most satisfying thing she had experienced in her short life, up until that point.

The goblets smashed against each other, sending a splash of mead directly between Alwine’s breasts. She smiled sweetly as she raised the glass and emptied the entire thing in one go, true Stewjon-style. The belch that came after that was… Well, away from Stewjon, it was impressive. But by Stewjonian standards, she could do much better.

Alwine burst into a rolling laughter, motioning for the bartender to start working on refills.

She nearly missed the presence of someone she had been getting to know well, when suddenly her ears spiked up and she caught his scent in the breeze – Caid. A moment later, her eyes befell on him and an attractive woman draped on his arm. Her smile widened as her looks were complimented, though she noticed the snarl from her brother.

Without any attempt at elegance or class, Alwine stomped Gerwald’s foot, the smile returning to her face immediately after that.

Her attention turned to the woman, Alwine nodded and held her forearm out. “I greet you, Cercei,” she said pleasantly, “and I would be interested in knowing what exactly Caid has told you about me,” she added, raising an eyebrow at the man who had trained her, and whom she hoped would be training her again in the near future. They had not actually discussed the nature of their trainer-trainee or master-apprentice relationship in sufficient detail.

“And this is Gerwald,” she said, beaming as she announced her brother, who was trying to make a fool of her in a way that only a sibling could, “do not let his size confuse you, he has the emotional maturity of a suckling cub.”

r2l1c7.jpg
2qsmo1j.jpg
Objective: Enjoy the Festivities
Post One
[member=Rylan Kordel]
Alora let out a sweet laugh and caught his finger as it brushed against the side of his cheek. Though he was learning at an incredible rate considering the slightest change meant a dramatic shift in the gesture's meaning he still had a long way to go. She brought it down a fraction of an inch to rest against the hallow of his cheek. Alora then placed her own finger back to where it had been before and made the signal again. It was a graceful, elegant sweep that covered the expanse of her cheek in one fluid motion.

'It is good! You improve. But not up here...'

She motioned to her smooth arch of her cheek bone with a wave of her long fingers.

'That is meaning something different. It is like saying you are being embarrassed by how I speak to you.'

The drink slid smoothly down his throat as easily as it had done hers. Before too long another drink was pressed into her waiting hands, it seemed Rylan was in on her secret mission too. The sharp sound of glass against glass rang through her ears as a toast was made. Since her arrival to the Confederacy she'd seen a fair few of these being made and was aware of what came next. Almost in sync the amber colored liquid was drained from each respective tumbler. When the burning had died down to a gentle heat she spoke again.

'So... what makes you want to be here tonight?'

It was her round about way of asking him what brought him to the festival. Her basic was still severely lacking, the only one who could fully understand her at the minute was her Master and that was just because of the bond they shared. Despite the fact that there were plenty awkward interactions, missed social cues and misunderstandings so far, she was getting by. People weren't usually shy of correcting her which she was ultimately grateful for, even if it did feel annoying in the moment.

BYOO_Copy.png
Time: Evening
Tags: [member="Aiden"]
Thoughts: "I suppose I should start packing dresses..."

Some people, especially those in the southern systems, unintentionally said her name wrong. The Minister of War didn’t. Naedira silently thought better of him for it. He seemed to be paying attention her but she wasn’t exactly the best person to judge the focus of someone else. Her own single-mindedness was more than compromised with his sudden intervention in her routine. Not to mention that whether she had been relived or not she never stopped watching the crowd.

Naedira generally held a good grasp on people. She had a knack for understanding what motivated them. With Aiden, even while he’d met with Exarch Talon, she had difficulty reading him. He was just as puzzling now as he had been before. He didn’t act like some of the others. He didn’t seem to think like some of the others. Her head slowly to the right as she tried to gauge his expression.

Nothing, nothing, and more nothing.

“You must be the life of the party, considering, your avoidance of empty gestures.”

Her tone was neither tongue-in-cheek nor solemn. It was plain and devoid of anything that could have been considered disrespectful. Her eyes told a different story. Something moved in chestnut orbs, some small specks of fire, a sign of life, and if he was truly as observant as he seemed to be—Aiden would not be blind to it. There was more than an obedient Knight beneath layers of armor and knowledge of militaristic customs.

The Minister claimed that she deserved a break but Naedira remained silent on the matter for a long moment. A soft wind tousled auburn hair, her ponytail tight, but the rest fell free. It was always kept out of her eyes with anything not long enough to be pulled back tucked behind her ears. Eventually, her cinnamon speckled eyes flickered. “And how do you know, Minister, what I have earned?”

Either it was an empty statement or he had run through her service record. It was well within his purview, however, it struck her as strange that he would bother with her. Naedira held good marks and a strong success rate but she was far from being the most decorated Knight. She worked within the confines of the Order, followed the rules, and shied away from the public eye. It was easy to do when she made the shadows her home. The worlds she visited didn’t always need to see her.

Generally, no one knew she was there at all. Invisible protection for the best and brightest.

The Minister seemed to be stunned by her request to walk her to her starship. The way back to the docks wasn’t difficult, or far, but perhaps he had not noticed what she had. There were intent eyes on her person. Not simply that of a casual passerby. Her smile spread, slow like honey, when she realized that she’s caught the much larger man off guard. From articulate to inelegant in less than a second. That had to be a record, somewhere, and she rewarded his efforts by keeping laughter locked in her chest.

It was…Something. She couldn’t put a name to it. But, it was something.

They stepped down from the gazebo stairs and the dutiful Knight realized that the Minister was offering her one of his arms. Such was the gentleman that existed beneath all of the scruff, or at least she could see, that he was capable of pretending to be. Her dark gaze flickered up to follow the strong lines of his face before it danced back down in a slow perusal to the well-muscled appendage. The left side of her lips tugged upward once more, although this time, it seemed different. There was something she had thought, but wouldn’t say, and his whispered words only caused her smirk to deepen. It transformed her from a taciturn, business-like, and generally professional woman to something new. “Aiden…”, she murmured, with his head close to her own, from his previous whispers.

“I am not an ornament for your arm to blind the magpies. I promise not to faint girlishly between here and there.”

She pulled away and began to head back toward the stealth ship she had arrived in. The Nabooian woman neither walked too quickly, nor too slow, not intending to lose her companion. She simply deigned to make the point that she could walk on her own.

If a man wanted her to hold his arm—it would be because he wished it so. For her. For himself. Not because she was an effective deterrent, or, somehow less annoying than the rest of his potential conversation pieces.

The dark-haired creature wove her way effortlessly through the crowd. With the Minister not far behind it was easier to keep track of the force that had been following her every move. It would have been foolish to return to the near-empty docks alone, yet, that didn’t mean she couldn’t hold her own. Taking a partner was standard procedure in an unknown environment. “It’s the last ship in the first row.”

There wasn’t much space in the government issued starship, but there were at least two private bedrooms, and a refresher. The ramp came down and the Obsidian jaunted straight up with a practiced ease. She knew exactly when it was low enough to duck inside without tripping over the edge. “You can come on in if you’d like. Take a seat.”, she invited, pulling off a variety of weapons, before placing them onto waiting panels on the walls. There was a lot of extra gear. A lot of modifications. “I won’t bite.”

Naedira couldn’t decide what to keep and eventually decided on her sidearm. She wasn’t as attached to her lightsaber as some of the Knights and often chose other avenues. She preferred a bilari electro-chain whip against most enemies. It was a strange choice, and often, unexpected. The tanned woman disappeared into one of the bedrooms and closed the door neatly behind her. Not more than a few moments would pass before she made a reappearance.

She would seem smaller. Thinner, somehow, without the strike armor. Nothing about her could be called delicate but she certainly seemed more refined in plain clothes. Her attire was simple. A fitting black jacket atop a pair of equally black leggings. She wore a red shirt beneath it, giving a pop of color, which distracted from the subtlety hidden weapon in a custom gun belt. Her hair remained up and her face still unadorned. No earrings. Just a chain around her neck, hidden in her shirt, that had always been there. Only before, it had been hidden in her armor. “There. Is this more suited to being off duty?”

It wasn’t the beveled gowns and gorgeous pieces that many women of the Confederacy wore but it seemed fine enough. Heeled knee-high boots were the only things that really seemed to show any true femininity. Naedira wasn’t her cousin, the Queen of Relovian, nor had she followed in the footsteps of the rest of the women in her family. Plainly put, she was as she appeared to be. No pretense.

“I imagine your ship to be…Bigger.”, she intoned, a little grin touching her lips, before it faded away. Most of the Ministers tended to utilize something massive. Especially, the Minister of War. The small stealth ship suited Naedira just fine. It had everything she needed and then some. “But this one works. Moving around undetected makes things a lot easier most missions.”

Casually she moved toward her ships sensors and made sure they were calibrated correctly. If someone had followed them the exterior cameras would pick it up. There were a lot of civilians but no one had any reason to be near any of these ships—let alone her own.

Loose_Ends_Copy.png

Purpose: Make Nice with CIS Personnel [Geonosian Aristocrat]
Geo.png

If Gaza Dellso could have rolled his eyes without sparking an incident they would have fallen out of his head. The human before him seemed haughty. Proud. Didn’t he know how small he was? How insignificant? His wings fluttered as he stared at the Exarch almost pained. Duty bound, he listened to the drivel that spilled from the dark-haired man’s mouth, and withheld as many snide remarks as he could. Some could not be helped.

“So…[click][click]…It is a sign that all of your males are crippled? This is ascension?”

What a backwards planet. Backwards culture. The man before him waved it away and Gaza didn’t react, happy to do so, if it meant this conversation would be over soon. There was nothing this [member="Adron Malvern"] could do to change his opinion on humanity in general. This alliance was a means to a very necessary end. His eyes remained beady while this Confederate boy offered empty platitudes. Was that pity?

Disgusting.

Gaza bristled a little bit when Malvern touched upon their inability to build traditional hive mounds and the insectoid man snorted as he shifted away. He was irritated by it, clearly, but he didn’t deny it. The fact that their homes looked unfinished had been a thorn in the side of his people for many moons. He didn’t bother to confirm what the cripple already obviously knew.

While Malvern spoke he eyed the crown of his head. There were a few grey hairs that betrayed his all too human age. So young he was, to offer entire worlds, to play God. At least his version of it. The Geonosian male tilted his head away from the Confederate representative. He was on the verge of taking his cane away so that he might fall over for his impudence. Perhaps, add a few more grey hairs.

“[click][click] Why not [click] eliminate our problems on this world? It is [click] our planet now. It has been generations since [click][click] we have seen Geonosis. My people will be hard pressed to lose another home.”

It was a statement and a question. Not an answer. The notion of having a world all their own to start anew on was something he could bring up to the rest of the aristocrats. The Queen would not like it, however, she may consent. His eyes narrowed. It could be just another plot to drive them off Hypori.

“[click][click] Why would you do this? [click] What do you gain?”

No human gave freely what they could simply take.

Tag: [member="Naedira Darcrath"]

Aiden stifled a brief snort of derision at the entire concept of him being the life of any social gathering. That was certainly not a description he had ever truly heard in life, be it in jest or not. In fact, there had never been an individual with whom Aiden had engaged in anything other than a very direct, matter-of-fact manner.

Still as a rogue gust gently rushed through the area, the Sith Lord quickly found his own thoughts...straying as bright eyes watched strands of dark hair fall to frame @Naedira's face. He'd almost missed the question, but his composure and resilience were not so unpracticed as to crumble with but a mere, brief visual stimulation. "I've seen the depth of your professionalism, Naedira." This time, he would forgive her usage of a societal honorific as opposed to his name. "I know your quality, but I'm not...exactly sure where the motivation stems from. We all have our reasons."

The large Sith's comments faded with that as the conversation continued to ebb and flow. At the back of his mind, a small scratching sensation still remained. The individual that was or was not attempting to follow Naedira did not particularly stand out in Aiden's mind simply because there could have been any number of reasons. In settings such as this, Aiden often re-calibrated not his awareness, but his trip-wires for when a potential threat warranted an actual response from the Sith.

There was more than just a would-be saboteur within this social arena. Though he did not remove his eyes or attentions from his present conversation, Aiden certainly took note of the arrival of his younger brother and the woman with whom he seemed to now be constantly in the company of. Surprisingly, the large Sith had not seen the nearly equally large frame of his brother, but he felt a small respect for the man's ability to be...discreet. It would be time to meet the man face-to-face before long but not tonight. Tonight Aiden's curiosities centered around the woman standing before him.

"I am not an ornament for your arm to blind the magpies. I promise not to faint girlishly between here and there."

A curious expression replaced the easy smile that had settled onto his lips. Had he...? No, he had definitely not conveyed what he wanted to convey, but it was a reality that in the particular moment, his composure had wavered considerably. The Sith Lord chose to ignore the oversight. Naedira's unwillingness to settle for a half-hearted, flowery response only...swelled his intrigue.

As Naedira stepped off, presumably towards her ship, Aiden chuckled lightly, making his way back into the crowd perhaps a couple of feet behind the smaller woman. He had taken no more than a few steps before he caught a flash of blue out the corner of his eye. It was distinctive and different from most others presently at the party. That was when he caught sight of Caid and [member="Cersei Moirae"]. A brief smirk settled onto his lips before he turned his attention back to where he was going.

The walk was not long, but Aiden still felt something else. It was fainter than when his brother had arrived, but it carried a very similar distinction. Aiden had only been made aware of the comparatively younger members of his generation of the family and their offspring very recently. [member="Scherezade deWinter"] was not known to him, but there was no amount of internal or external change the girl could make to hide her...familiarity in the Force. It was particularly true with Aiden, the son that had been raised for the distinct purpose of seeking them out, rallying them together when the time was nigh, and if necessary...destroying everything to start from scratch.

However, that time was not yet hear. The necessity had yet to manifest itself, and he judged them not as the blights on the family history that Maximus and Boadicea had predicted. Time would tell.

"It's the last ship in the first row."

Aiden continued to follow silently until they arrived at Naedira's vessel. When he was invited in, Aiden merely nodded. The woman's comment about not biting, however, did draw the smallest of mischievous expressions to his lips. "I think I will stand at any rate, just in case you change your mind and decide to pounce."

His eyes gradually surveyed his surroundings as he waited for Naedira. For a moment, he thought his mind drifting to wonder about what she would choose to wear. Obviously, Aiden had decided dressing up for the fair was not necessary. The bare skin of his upper torso was obscured only by the dark blue overcoat which he wore. Similarly colored pants adorned his lower extremities along with a pair of black boots that were crafted specifically to be light and breathable.

When he heard Naedira returning, Aiden shifted his gaze. Silver-green eyes fell and rose slowly, but his face betrayed none of the cacophony of thoughts hidden underneath; none of them overly professional in the moment. Naedira started making small talk about ship sizes and practicality. Aiden certainly heard her, but he did not process it as anything truly requiring much of a response. Instead his thoughts were more about her curious quality. He respected, to no particular end, her desire to be a consummate professional and her seemingly practical approach to life. A sentient could say what they wanted, but those were absolutely not common traits in the galaxy.

Aiden just wondered as to the reason...because there always was one. For him, it had simply been the consequence of his childhood, his conception even. As Naedira busied herself with checking on the ship's systems, Aiden abruptly and silently crossed the space that separated them. For such a large individual, his movements were definitively fluid and quiet more often than not. "My ship is of a practical size." It was a statement mostly made to convey that he had been listening.

"I should apologize. I lied to you." Aiden paused for but a moment, expression flat and serious. "I care not for the machinations, perceptions, or interests of those I deem unimportant. I indeed did relieve you initially because I judged you as someone that takes their duties very seriously. A silent professional, if you will. Those are the types of individuals that are so often over-looked; whether by design or not. However, as I had a chance to interact with you, I developed...a strong sensation of intrigue. Strong enough to cause my thoughts and words to falter and forcing me to default to something that most people in this galaxy would respond to with a simple laugh and acceptance."

Stepping to the side slightly, Aiden allowed a roguish grin to return to his lips as he motioned towards the loading ramp. Walking out of the small vessel arm-in-arm wasn't exactly going to be possible. "You are beautiful, yes. Competent, certainly. It's your no-nonsense approach to life that intrigues me most, however, and I would enjoy the pleasure of your company this evening in order to get to know you better than merely a face in a personnel file."

All of that was about as close to romantic as Aiden had ever been. It was certainly abundantly more directly considerate than he'd ever been, so the difference was actually quite large.

r2l1c7.jpg
2qsmo1j.jpg
Post Two
[member=Asher Mossa]
She felt his presence before she saw him, it was as familiar to her now as the layout of her tent had been back at the Carnival. The sensation brought a small smile to her face as she turned on the spot to face the direction Asher was coming from. He looked dashing in his navy suit, which happened to compliment her pale blue dress perfectly. A soft laugh escaped her lips as he drew nearer. Iseult couldn't help but lean up to release the top button on his shirt, revealing his smooth skin underneath. Once she had finished smoothing over the edges of the collar she answered him in a sweet voice, coupled with a soft blush that found its way onto her pale cheeks.

'Thank you. That's very kind. You clean up pretty well yourself.'

Many a man in fancier suits had come through her tent looking for their fortune to be told but not one of them wore the suit as well as Asher wore his. Her deep onyx eyes traveled the length of his form, drinking in every aspect of it that the pale yellow light would allow. When he offered his arm she slipped her own in with a charming smile. In all honesty it was a little shocking to have someone treat her like a person instead of a commodity or an act.

'I think that sounds like a great idea. But...'

After downing the remaining contents of her glass she could see why people enjoyed it so much. Having never tasted a drop of alcohol in her life it was safe to say the affects were taking hold pretty quickly. There was a tingling feeling in the tips of her fingers and she could swear her face was feeling a little numb. Iseult turned her head up to meet Asher's. Her gaze was accompanied by a slightly embarrassed expression.

'What are you even supposed to do at these things?'

BYOO_Copy.png
Objective: CIS Security [Off Duty]
Thoughts: "Not worth knowing. Nothing here to know."

Her expression lingered as it was, touched with hidden amusement when the Minister responded to her curiosities. Focused distraction. Finely arched eyebrows pulled inward for a moment before relaxing. The picture of Aiden that she was slowly forming in her mind was beginning to have color. It was taking shape with or without his help. In her estimations, he had only seen her at work a handful of times. It was hardly enough to make an informed decision—but somehow he had. “Does it matter where my motivation stems from? I meet expectations. I follow the rules. What more is there?”

Of course, they all had their reasons. There wasn’t a soul alive that didn’t have existential hopes and aspirations. It just didn’t matter for her place in the Confederacy. It was a lesser evil and a means to a necessary end.

Naedira had honed many of her abilities, long ago, and for one that excelled in espionage, it would have been a bad business practice not to notice when she was being watched. The crowd was full. But, there were different types of gazes. Different feelings and emotions attached to every pair of eyes that filtered through the Force in a particular flavor. Whilst he felt a niggling, scratching sensation, she would soon be able to follow a line of sight to the voyeur if they remained.

It was only a matter of time.

The rather large Minister that towered over her seemed not to take any offense to her light dismissal. It wasn’t personal. She was just generally of a mindset that both defended and protected everything she had come to be. Naedira had too much self-respect to let anyone, no matter their rank, use her or make her feel as if she was less than what she was. She had worked too hard for the stability that existed. Too long to remove herself from the woman she had been on Naboo, to let go, and to forget the life that she had lost. The best way to remain strong was to stand on her own two feet. Always.

She could feel Aiden following her through the throngs of jovial civilians and took the most direct path to her star courier. There wasn’t much to be said throughout the journey and regardless of what decorum might have demanded she was still monitoring the area. On duty, off duty, it was all the same thing to her. She would still find herself working even if she wasn’t technically being paid for it because it had become a habit.

Aiden smiled when she intoned about not biting and it was perhaps the first time that she was able to find real humor in his expression. It wasn’t feigned politeness. “Pouncing is something little felines do…”, she trailed off before disappearing into her quarters. “I am not a cat.”

Whilst she dressed he would have time to see the interior of the ship in more detail. Many of the Knights customized their ships in different colors to show a splash of personality. They changed the color of the hexagonal patterns in their armor and even stylized their sidearm when available. Naedira’s ship seemed to emulate the persona she conveyed, without meaning to, simply because it appeared to be customized for function over aesthetics. The weapon racks were lower, easier for her to reach, and the color scheme was a factory staple. The CIS did love their purple, but even that, was understated.

It was plain. Useful, but plain.

She didn’t take too much time to get ready these days. Once upon a time, she’d fretted over what color to wear. Over the perfect shade of rouge. That was a long, long time ago. Naedira didn’t pause and didn’t seem to think anything of Aiden’s silence when she emerged from her suite. The other bedroom on the ship was empty and untouched save for a few extra cargo containers of ammo and gadgets. She made her way toward the controls for the ships more delicate instruments but paused, however, when she felt the air move behind her.

He moved fluidly. The spoken words about his ship seemed like something to be thrown away. Of little consequence—with something more pertinent buried beneath. Naedira turned around slowly as he continued on. For the moment her hands stilled, releasing controls, and the Minister held her full attention. More than that, with the admission of a lie, her expressive eyes became guarded. Empty. There was no accusation, no anger. Just silence.

No Minister of War took the duties of a Knight without reason.

The mystery unraveled, slowly but surely, and Naedira was left with a knot forming in the pit of her stomach. Intrigue? What about her could possibly intrigue him? Nae wasn’t blind. He was handsome enough, strong, and most definitely held the favor of the Vicelord and his Exarchs. He had no business dallying with a woman whose lot in life amounted to that of a legal assassin. Her eyes didn’t move from his when she responded, holding the gaze of her superior without thought, or care of station or repercussion. “I am not most people. Empty gestures are simply that…Empty. I don’t have time for it. Or the patience.”

Aiden moved. Some of the tightness in her chest lessened that she hadn’t even registered as being there. His form was large enough that getting past him in a space this confined would have been difficult if he chose not to be cooperative. She hadn’t felt a threat. She hadn’t felt endangered. Regardless, there had been a physical response. It was a warning that was only doubled when his deep voice continued to roll through the acoustics of her ship. Beautiful? Not nearly as lovely as most women at the Qixi Festival.

“…If it is no-nonsense that you enjoy you should seek out Exarch Talon.”

Naedira had never met anyone capable of more apathetic decision making. Moreover, she was deflecting. Turning the attention toward someone far more lovely, poised, and powerful. Reaching to her side she checked her sidearm before arming the security on her ship. She still couldn’t shake the feeling of someone, aside from the Minister, finding her far too interesting. Eventually, she glanced back up at Aiden and her lips pressed into an almost despondent smile. “There’s nothing here worth knowing. I will accompany you…But you should know that. As a Knight the shadows are my strength.”

“There’s a reason for it.”

Silver-green eyes held the visage of Naedira even as his expression flattened to something more...neutral. It was a bemused grin in the place of a mischievous smirk. While Aiden was not presently in the business of dominating the woman's mind and slowly, painfully extracting her thoughts, he could draw a number of guesses based upon her body language primarily. Where there had, in fact, been some level of relaxation before, the woman's entire form hardened at two specific points.

The first...had been when Aiden insinuated he wished for her company as little more than decoration for his arm. That had certainly not been the Sith's intention, but it was quite evident that he didn't do this social thing very often. The Minister of War, technically now a politician, was in truth a very simple warrior. In battle and conflict, life was always inexplicably simpler, pure. Politics and most social discourse were convoluted...actions easily misread, words misinterpreted. "Naedira. It would seem you actually have neither patience nor time for anything outside your duties."

The comment about Srina Talon was ignored completely. Aiden knew of the woman and certainly liked her for whom she was, but his interest ended in that moment. Naedira, on the other hand, was the true enigma, living her life in shadow. Waiting for the woman to descend the loading ramp back down to the ground first, Aiden allowed himself something of a simple comment. "Yes, there is a reason. You are hiding." The Sith Lord paused only briefly, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. "I assure you, Naedira. Regardless of what has befallen you or what circumstance you endured to get to where you are right now, you will forever be a slave to your emotions if you allow that to drive and control every aspect of your being. There is neither strength nor power in that. Your dutiful compliance and vigilance are commendable, but they are far, far less than what you are capable of accomplishing."

Inhaling softly, Aiden gazed down at the woman he followed. "And what is needed."

BYOO_Copy.png
Objective: CIS Security [Off Duty]
Thoughts: "Truth."

“I don’t.”

Her response was soft and genuine. The cool evening air touched her face and she closed her eyes for a moment, enjoying it, before turning her attention back toward the Minister. She didn’t know exactly what to make of him yet. Just like before, the picture was forming, but it was still woefully incomplete. Naedira walked slowly forward with her hands hanging loosely at her sides. She might have stuffed one in her back pocket, but, anything that restricted movement toward her sidearm wasn’t something she was currently willing to indulge. “The only way to better myself is to remain focused.”

Aiden was remarkably good at seeing through her attempts at turning his focus elsewhere. She’d gotten so used to being able to use the Exarch as a scapegoat that it surprised her, twice over, that it didn’t work. They headed back through the spaceport at a leisurely pace. Distantly they would be able to hear those mingling at the Qixi Festival. Placing wishes on a metal tree, drinking, and dancing.

The Minister claimed that she was hiding. Was she? Perhaps—but it wasn’t due to cowardice.

“Must I stand out? Must I force everyone to look at me? Just to be effective?”, she queried lightly, without any sort of accusation, or difficulty. Everyone saw the people she protected. It made them targets more often than not. They lost people they loved. The things they cherished for placing themselves on display and leaving their flaws in the public eye. Naedira did not delve into personal issues, or the past, because there was nothing in her history but weakness. “I am just as much a slave as you are a politician.”

She fell silent for a moment when a random passerby got too close. Even addressing this much of her disposition or character was strange for her. Especially, with a stranger. Aiden was easy to talk to, surprisingly, and she noted that for later examination. It was also something to be wary of. Naedira kept all of her coworkers at arm’s length and this could be no different.

“In this self-imposed solitude that you seem to take issue with… I listen. I learn. I may be slow to do so, I may not be the brightest, but I do learn. There is both strength and power to be found in that.”, the dark-haired woman disagreed with the much taller man, choosing to view her path differently, than simply remaining hidden for the sake of it. Chocolate eyes seemed darker with the lack of light, almost black, against the gently lit backdrop. The shadows nearest to her seemed to pull. Waxing and waning, stretching toward her, as if they wanted her back. A trick of the eye, surely. “Tell me Minister…What is needed?”

“What could you…What could this nation need from me? I serve my purpose.”

A cog in a machine. A wheel that kept things turning as it should. Her footsteps were seemingly random, but if Aiden watched, he would see her leading them in a particular circuit. Still working, even off the clock. It was almost as if she felt compelled to do so.

Naedira wasn’t certain she liked what this man saw. There were parts of her that didn’t ever need to awaken. She had loved. She had been bright, like the sun, and tried to bring light to everyone she knew. She had tried… She had tried and tried and in the end, it hadn’t made a bit of difference. Power was all that mattered. The chance to choose. The ability to make something happen if she needed it to.

“Not everyone is capable of what you speak. I am difficult. You’re right of course in that I wasn’t always this way. Something triggered it, shaped it, and suffering has left me as I presently am.”, Naedira breathed, choosing her words carefully, but not delicately. Her history was her own but the result was not something that she hid. Her psychological profile would have also been in her personnel files. He would see the resistance to treatment after a mission, the stubborn way in which she continued on, and the fact that she never slept more than four hours at a time. “There is an honesty in being broken—and knowing it. This is all that’s left. All there is.”

Now, perhaps he would have his fill of knowing her. Perhaps this would dissuade him. She was a broken toy, at best, a wicked consequence for the Order to send from world to world to do their bidding.

As was growing typical in their discourse, Aiden permitted the young woman to state her opinions and views. In truth, he actually was growing to respect her to a very large degree. To a point of certainty, his respect was not earned easily. "Stand out? No, that is most certainly not the point that I was making. My point is thus, there is a difference between manipulating using the shadows to your will and treating them like a security blanket." Making sure to walk beside the woman as much as possible, he offered a casual shrug of his shoulders. "Truth be told, I'm not sure that you fully understand the difference."

Aiden was, of course, in no way attempting to insult the woman. He was positive that she did not see herself as a slave to her emotions. There was not a doubt in his mind that she chose to remain in the shadows. However, there was also no doubt that the comfort of the shadows kept her there near indefinitely. Still, he recognized that him uttering these words would do nothing to prove any point, but he could try to show her.

Her question about what they needed her to do was very easy to answer, however. "We certainly don't need you serving as a bodyguard or a sentry. That is a menial job for Knights and soldiers either at the end of their career and no longer suited for much more critical, involved assignments or those that specifically request such a detail." As they walked, Aiden waved a preemptively dismissive hand. "I do not mean to belittle your work. You performed a vital service, but it's time for someone else to do the same. I will speak to Exarch Talon on the matter."

Naedira's next series of statements, however, did confuse him a bit. It wasn't the literal concept that he found confusing but rather her resignation to such a fate, a state. "All there is, you say? So that's it, you're just a broken weapon system in a suit of armor, blindly standing where you're told to stand until properly relieved?" Aiden nodded his head slightly with another shrug of his shoulders. "That's a description..."

Abruptly, Aiden stopped and reached out to lightly touch Naedira's arm to get her to stop as well. "...that I would give to a malfunctioning piece of droid canon fodder. I would certainly not use anything you just said to describe a capable, intelligent, well-trained force user of the Knights Obsidian such as yourself. You can wallow in the circumstances of your life if you want, Naedira, but I challenge you to rise above it. Let it fuel you to just be more than someone sitting in the shadows waiting, watching."

The Sith Lord paused for a moment before his gaze lifted to spot his brother and his guest circling around a large man and a smaller woman. Eventually, he returned his gaze to Naedira. "Take it from someone that spent..." Yeah...telling the truth and saying 'centuries' probably was not the right way to go in that moment, but he did not much care at this particular juncture. "...centuries existing in the shadows, watching, and learning. You will see and hear much, yes, but life may well yet pass you by too quickly to make use of it. You're forging your own path, so I hold a great deal of respect for you, Naedira. If power is what you seek, you will have to seek it out, take it."

r2l1c7.jpg

2qsmo1j.jpg

Post One
[member="Iseult Yver"]​
--------------------​
A nervous gulp was swallowed as Iseult unbuttoned the top button around the collar of his shirt. That was as intimate of a touch as he had experienced in some time, and it was simply a kind and helpful gesture. Suits like this were not his normal wear at all, and it was little obvious by the way he kept tugging at something which seemed to bother him or sit right. When his neck was exposed a hint of the silver chain which still carried the wedding set which had belonged to him and deceased bride was also visible. The one thing did not make him recoil at the gesture was that he knew Iseult knew. Usually anyone reaching for his neck brought about a defensive motion to protect the only thing he had of his marriage, aside from the memories of his failure to keep his family safe.

A deep breath was taken in and let out slowly. Asher was tense and nervous, and it radiated off of him in an obvious manner.

With her arm in his, Asher began to move them toward what he had called the happenings. She wanted to know what people did at these things, and Asher simply shrugged. it wasn't that he did not know, he just had never been to anything this fancy. Even his shoes were new, shiney, and hurting his feet because they had not been broken in properly. As much as Iseult was experiencing something new, so was Asher.

"Well, this is a fancy affair, but I cannot imagine that there will not be dancing, lots of alcohol, talking to people, and all that. It is just a fancier version of any kind of party you could think of. Also I hear there is a wishing tree nearby. If you want to make a wish we could head over there?"

A soft melody began to fill the air around them as they grew closer to a crowd of people which were enjoying a dance. Asher closed his eyes for a moment as the enchanting sound of it drudged up a memory of the first dance he had with his wife. This was not Stewjon, now was Iseult his wife, but the melody had been near similar. When he opened his eyes, he turned them toward Iseult. He was suddenly curious about what the spirits had shown her. He had not prodded in some time, but he was genuinely curious.

"Or we could dance... either way... tell me about what the spirits showed you... i-i-if you want to of course... I'm just curious?"

Loose_Ends_Copy.png
[member="Eternal Vision"]
"This is your world." Adron conceded, gesturing to the festival that surrounded them with a rather mute expression. "But it is not yours alone." The Exarch pointed out, tapping his cane against the ground before clearing his throat. The Geonosian asked what the man had to gain and he responded with a sour expression. Adron brushed his hand over his hair, not yet noticing the streaks of grey that had popped up.

"You're a miserable thing." Adron's tone turned, a bit of ire resonating from his words as they came from him. "Allow me to be more transparent. I am not doing this out of some misbegotten sense of compassion or pity, I'm sorry if you believed such." The Exarch gestured to the people who moved about, enjoying the evening that had been laid before them. Most of which were near-humans or members of The Confederacy.

"I'm doing this out of respect, and not respect for you. There is nothing exceptionally special about the men and women on this planet. In fact they are particularly standard. No, the only thing on this planet of any considerable fashion, are you. The Geonosians. Your people have managed great feats in the past and I am interested to see if you can do it again. My duty is to provide The Confederacy with the greatest tools for a safe and secured future."

"Now, I have the power and resources to make your operations expand and even give you access to exclusive Confederate contracts. I'm not here to help you, bug. I'm here to help The Confederacy."

<From Not Naked & Maybe Afraid>

Defend Hypori

Objective: 4
Goal: Secure and provide security for Hypori festival.
Time: Night

Vildarn stood next to the wish tree, he’d placed a wish that the Confederacy would be successful in their continued struggles against the Empire and the Sith that lead them. His mission on Rishi had been a success and soon after he’d been informed that this world had chosen to rejoin the Confederacy. From what he’d heard of the planet it had once been a huge industry powerhouse for the old Clone Wars Confederacy. He was extra proud to be standing here thousands of years later as a member of the new Confederacy.

So far he was more of just a show of security to bring faith to the people of this world that the CIS would do everything to defend them, especially from the Hutt Cartels who have been slowly lurking in the shadows waiting for their chance. He had never actually met a Hutt before but had been informed that despite an interesting history nowadays they had become little more than egotistical pirates. Still with so many CIS forces here to secure the world that was about to once more become one of the most important foundry worlds in the Confederacy, he doubted the Hutts would even think to make a move.

“Any troubles Lieutenant?” he asked the higher ranking battle droid that stepped up behind him.

“Negative Commander, everything is currently adequate.” the droid replied.

The crowds here were massive and loud but Vildarn did his best to block it out as he just stared into the metal tree of hope. He was now a part of that hope, the people had been promised that he would protect them at all costs as long as he was here and that their presence would forever sway those that would be raiders would never attempt to lay a finger on this world again.

His commlink buzzed into action a few moments later taking him by surprise. “Commander Tentoria, Sir we have something.”

The voice of his First Lieitenant Brook had his full attention. “What do you mean that you have something Lieutenant?”

“We’ve detected an unknown ship, it’s an interceptor class, could be someone just here for the activities or it could be-.” “Pirates.” Vildarn finished for her. “I’ll take some troops and check it out.”

“Lieutenant prepare some droids, we possibly have some uninvited guests in the desert.” Vildarn made his way towards a transport suitable for the mission.

Three VACs approached flew through the cold desert night air toward the 150 meter long ship that had touched down as far as anybody knew in the middle of nowhere. Vildarn was growing annoyed with having to fight on the ground but then such was life when you were defending the galaxy.

“We’re under fire.” said the droid pilot as the transport rocked from impact.

“What just hit us!” Vildarn yelled freaking out at the unexpected attack.

“MDU rocket pods Sir, attempting evasive maneuvers.”

Whoever they were dealing with had added the precaution of unloading rocket pods to protect their landing site. Vildarn held onto a part of the dropship hull as the ship continued to rock and veered downward as flashing lights activated.

“Sir, prepare for crash landing.” said the pilot droid as the VAC careened and smashed down, skidding along the ground.

r2l1c7.jpg
2qsmo1j.jpg
Post Three
[member=Asher Mossa]
He was nervous, she could tell by the way his adam's apple bobbed in his throat when she lent forward to undo the collar. A shining silver chain caught the starlight and momentarily blinded her with the glare. Iseult knew what it was, she had seen it in the vision the spirits granted her when they first met. It was glimpse of the man behind the sorrowful mask, a glimpse of a time when he was truly happy. Behind her gentle touch she could feel him twitching, almost desperate to pull away from the caress of her fingers over the glistening chain, but he didn't. There was no surprise by his desire to move, the necklace and the attached rings were part of a history so sorrowful it must be an unbearable weight for him to carry.

Iseult could feel the tension radiating off him like heat off an engine, so she offered him a reassuring smile. He didn't seem to want to hang around for very long and before she knew it they were diving head first into the crowds of people. Iseult half expected to feel anxious herself but the moment they took a step forward amazement took hold of her. This is what it was like to be lost in the crowds instead of standing on the sidelines watching. She understood now why so many people liked it so much.

'Well... I've never been to a party so I wouldn't know. You'll have to be my guide, Asher.'

The pair came to a halt in the edge of the dance floor and Iseult turned to face him.

'Making a wish sounds like a wonderful plan. What will you wish for?'

The sound of tinkling music filled her ears and brought a serene smile to her face. It was a beautiful melody and for once, instead of the horrific sensation of bad memories being dragged up, she was actually enjoying it. Her eyes sparkled with eagerness as they met Asher's own but the look of wonder quickly fell when she heard his words. Almost as soon as he had finished his sentence Iseult had shut herself down. Instead of replying she dragged him toward the center of the crowded floor.

'Teach me to dance.'

Defend Hypori

Objective: 4
Goal: Secure and provide security for Hypori festival.
Time: Night

The heat and smell of burning metal filled his nostrils as his consciousness came back to him. He sat against a rock as pieces of ship and droids lay around him. A droid had to have pulled him from the wreck and now there was shooting, the majority of droids would have likely survived the attack but who was it they were fighting? He stood up and climbed on top of the rock seeing the droids engage what he’d describe as only the lowliest scum, pirates had already begun establishing holes in the ground to take cover from the droids.

“This is Commander Tentoria, all droids are to pull back to the wreckage.” he knew how droids were, bravely charging the enemy with no regard for their own safety.

“Sir, the interceptor has unloaded heavily armed pirates, we are continuing our attack.” a droid Sergeant said to him as he continued to look around the battlefield.

“Call in reinforcements and let them know what we have!” the criminal scum whatever their goal would not succeed.

Luckily droids were not all that survived, he watched as two AATs hovered up to the crash site armed with enough firepower to put the thought of overrunning their position out of the pirates minds. His VAC had been the only one to be taken out and the other two had achieved a successful drop off, this information was just what he needed to be filled with confidence to enter the battle himself. He charged out with the droids at the pirate filth who seemed to be made up of other humans.

Blaster bolts soared through the dark desert, he moved among the droids in the night and got close enough to use his Blurrg, pirates fell to his deadly accuracy but there was more of them then he had been expecting dug in. The droids being military efficient did overcome the pirates with the help of the tanks but getting past the two established rocket pods was slightly more difficult.

With a squad of droids they charged one of the pods, blasting away the pirates they got into range of one of the pods. The droids threw thermal detonators sending it up in flames. Nearby an AAT exploded having been targeted by the other rocket pod but the number of tanks was too much for its slow firing rate, two charged main cannon blasts were more than enough to blast it into a hundred pieces.

“Sir, reinforcements are on their way but the pirates are escaping into some hidden ancient tunnels!” a droid shouting pointing toward the entrance.

“Contain this plague until the reinforcements arrive, I need two squads with me.” “Tentoria to Stars To Embers, move to atmospheric interception and do not allow this ship to leave under any circumstances!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom