Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyporian Nights [CIS Dominion of Hypori] | X-49

wish.png
Objective: Hmm...
Wearing: this
Tags: [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Red.png
She is here but she is not? Alwine blinked at that. Her brother rarely delved into concepts that were beyond simple, and what he'd just said sounded complicated in a way he couldn't even properly explain. She set it aside for now though, the tree was almost within reach. But at his insistence that Caid was her 'master', she rolled her eyes. "You think he is the only one to train me?" she asked her brother, "he is not. It takes more than training to become someone's master or apprentice, even among the Sith. I may be new to this galaxy out of Stewjon but I am not stupid, and I know when to ask questions."

Of course, she didn't point out that Gerwald had received training from a Sith as well but he never called Scherezade his master. She wanted to, but it was yet another case of Schrodinger's Scherezade, where being or not being able to do that depended on a post that may or may not mention that in a thread that is yet to be done.

Cut forward to the hand on her shoulder.

Alwine smiled, about to nod. It had been too long since she and Gerwald had ran anywhere in their wolf shapes, which was exactly what be free always meant. Not here though; she wanted to go to a place with lakes and forests and prey.

And then…

Alwine blinked, and looked at the woman who had been standing next to her. That was Scherezade? Chocolate brown eyes took the sight of the woman in, careful to keep her face and hat she displayed through the Force neutral as the emotions washed through her. There were things that Gerwald did not know of, that she did not want to reveal here. There was a reason for the emotional flood, but she kept it under tight rein, her face never giving a hint of it.

Insofar as looks went though… Well, she hadn't thought her brother would go for a fat one. But at least she had good child bearing hips. It was hard to miss them with that amount of slink in the dress, though she supposed her brother's eyes would soon enough be focused higher up. Her own eyes moved up then, seeing…

Alwine looked wildly around for a moment, wondering if Caid was still nearby. He was not. The eyes. She had to ask him. Caid's weren't this green, but the green in his own resembled the one that glowed out of Scherezade's eyeballs. He had said that it was a family thing. Were they related? Had she been training with a brother or a uncle or a cousin of hers this entire time?

When the forearm was offered, Alwine raised her eyebrows in surprise. A Warrior's greeting. She used it to feel the muscle beneath the woman's skin, nodding again.

But the name… Madalena? Alwine looked at her brother again. No, he would not have confused her. He would know who the woman he loved was. Was this perhaps what he had been referring to when he said she was and wasn't there? Was there some trickery involved?

And the mention of the beacon….

Gerwald was taking too long to answer, Alwine decided. "This is Gerwald," she spoke, recovering from the surprise with a natural fluency that surprised even herself, "and he may or may not have had too much mead tonight," she added. No. This was Scherezade. The words rang true enough, even if her own words naming herself Madalena rang just as true. "Would you like to come and run or hunt with us, Madalena?"

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Gerwald's head canted. She was there but she wasn't and Gerwald was beginning to understand what was going on. At least Alwine was keen to cover up for him, and blamed it on him having too much mead. In truth, Gerwald still had several more mugs to go before he would find himself making those kinds of mistakes. He was going to ignore Alwine's views on what the relationship was with the man training her. They were trying to keep from fighting after all, and they had both just toasted to forgiveness, and for Gerwald that also meant moving on.

Moving on was not something that was going to happen if Alwine was going to invite this... Madalena for a run. Gerwald placed a hand back on his sister's shoulder.

"No, I am sorry. Now my sister is the one who has too much mead. We will not be hunting tonight, and especially not with those who are not family."

His eyes shot to Alwine with a look to warn her that this was not path she wanted to walk down. There was no more Gerwald and Scherezade. Whatever it was that made Scherezade do what she did to forget, it had been for a reason, and it was enough to signal to Gerwald that she truly wished to forget. This was not a matter for alwine to tread, and she would not.

"Excuse me..."

He had not intended to neglect the words from Scherezade's mouth, but he could not and would not do this here. Alwine would not be happy, but Gerwald was exiting the close of the festival, and at a rather fast pace.

[member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Gerwald. The man, this feeling and sensing that she so often felt, had a name. A girl who no longer existed screamed, trying to warn Madalena to stay away, to tell her that there was a reason she was Madalena and not the girl who no longer existed, but Madalena, as well as any Force Users in the vicinity, was completely deaf to it. You could not hear or head the warnings of someone who did not exist.

And now Madalena’s interest was spiked. She could not figure out why she had avoided coming after the beacon on the Web all these weeks, and now that he was in front of her, she could barely even see him. His body was there but all she could look at were the eyes, and anything that was around it just shone. It was almost like a vision, but…

But then he spoke, and the vision shattered, and Madalena blinked in confusion. He was quick to point out the not family part, and she wondered what it was she had said to set him off like that. It had definitely not been her intention at any point. He began to walk away, and something tugged inside her, something that both wanted to let him walk away for good and pull him back at the same time. She did not understand any of it. But she did understand one thing.

Moving quickly, Madalena kept up pace quite easily with Gerwald, walking beside him as he strode to the festival’s exit. “I am sorry if I’ve said anything to offend you,” she said, looking at him as they both resumed to walk. “I do not mean to impose on family time. I know deeply how important that is. I mean, I’d probably stab any girl who tried to come into what precious little time I have with my own brother,” she offered Gerwald one of her brightest and most charming smiles. No. If this hunt thing was supposed to be a family event, then all of Alwine’s invitations would not convince Madalena to join in.

“But please,” she asked, wondering if it would be safe to hold a hand out to the man, “I… I would like to meet you when you can spare the time. I have to actually focus to see you and not the beacon on the Web and maybe… Perhaps a few hours of conversation could provide some answers. No shenanigans, I promise. You’ll walk out of that meeting in one piece, no stabbing or anything like that.”

[member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Alwine Lechner"]

It was all Alwine could do to keep herself from bursting into laughter as Gerwald put a hand on her back and tried to mumble something about family. Yes, she had said that there was forgiveness, but that didn’t come with forgetting, and that moment served as a sharp reminder for how little family had meant not that long ago. Oh, she wouldn’t talk his head off about it. Not this time.

Her hands almost moved to clasp behind her back but she held herself back. That move belonged to who she had been on Stewjon, not who she was now. She would not clasp her hands back. She would, later, shift and bite her brother. Specifically his ears. He’d earned that tonight.

Although Alwine was shorter than both of those mountains of people who were conversing-not-conversing, she had no trouble keeping up, walking behind the two of them for the moment, her own ears spiked as she listened to every word uttered. Every word uttered by this Madalena was given to memory, and then she focused on her brother, sighing as she saw him fall into the same old loops.

If he would not accept the woman’s offer, Alwine knew she would interfere. For now though… She kept watching the two with hawk eyes, looking at what unfold.

[member="Gerwald Lechner"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom