Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Hyaenem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
manthos-lappas-gnoll.jpg
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Hyaenem
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Noverskaa
  • Average Lifespan: 60 years due to scars and slow healing, however the oldest have lived for 120 years.
  • Estimated Population: Inter-Planetary
  • Description: Tall jackal like creature that is completely covered in fur and has been know to come in different colours of fur, These colours range from white to brown, black and even grey at times. Each one of these colours denotes a different tribe that exists within the galaxy.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average height of adults: 2.3 meters
  • Average length of adults: 1.2 meters
  • Skin color: Pink
  • Hair color: White, brown, black, grey.
  • Distinctions: Tall and lanky with fur that covers their entire body. The colour of their fur and the colour of the tribe markings show the difference between the hyaenems themselves. With the more markings showing that the hyaenem is older at each 10 years. Females receive a different set of markings to denote that they are a female of the tribe. They have an average chance to be force [/SIZE]sensitive just like humans[SIZE=9pt].[/SIZE]
  • Races:
  • The Grrasher are brown furred hyaenem who generally use blue tribal markings to make sure they are known. They are the hyaenem who remained on their homeworld of Noverskaa.
  • The Grrail are white furred hyaenem who use tribal markings of green to show where they belong to. They are generally found in Teth and the surrounding regions.
  • The Grrakill are black furred hyaenem who use yellow markings to show who they are. They are generally found in and around the Ruusan system.
  • The Grravel are a grey furred hyaenem who use red making to show they are part of their tribe. They have been seen around the Eadu system.
  • Force Sensitivity: Low
Strengths:
  • Able to eat anything - For the past 400 Years, the species has basically been eating rubbish. This could be, but not limited to, raw meat, refuse, and even potentially toxic waste expelled from the city or potentially Srina Talon's cooking. They however will not and do not eat metal.
  • Shoot straight run fast - They are rather agile which gives them speed and accuracy.
  • Remembering for months - They have a rather long lasting memory for anything and everything. This helps their need to steal as they can remember where the best pickings are.
  • Managing the cold - Due to their fur they are able to last easily on cold worlds and especially in the cold on normal worlds as well.
  • Illness mean nothing at all - Their diet over the last 400 years makes it hard for them to get ill from viruses and illnesses including the common cold and other diseases. This is because it assist in building up it's immune system. However they are no more resistant than humans to poisons.
Weaknesses:
  • Flammable fur - The fur they have is very flammable and can hurt them massively if they can’t put it out.
  • Klepto for days - They all have a tendency to become massive Kleptomaniacs. It can be taught to not be as much but their will always be some small measure of this in their life.
  • Physical strength is not a strength - Due to their eating habits they have little to no way to bulk up. This is due to the fact they will eat anything and generally only go for rubbish as hunting is generally too hard for them as they tend to stay near major cities.
  • Competitive for any resource - This includes members of its own tribe as well as other tribes or especially other races.
  • Slowest healing ever like what? - They have very slow healing, this is due to their metabolism as well as the fact their cells just can’t replicate as fast as other races.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Raw meats, normal galactic foods, rubbish.
  • Communication: Speech in Common, growls in their own tongue of Fisi (Native Language
  • Technology level: Galactic level.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Believes that the force can only be used by Shamans, basically healers and the main elders of the tribe. Each tribe can only have one shaman at any one time.
  • General behavior: They don’t invent, they just steal anything and everything they have a compulsion to constantly steal. Most of them don’t know why they just do it. Some can manage to keep themselves from stealing. They will also be seen eating just about anything at all. In the tribes they are raised under ‘the strongest survives’ rule. The weak ones are left to fend for the scraps. But in times of distress a tribe will band together.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The hyaenems lived alone on Noverskaa for a long time where they were a savage people. However this changed when a group of hunters began using Noverskaa as a hunting ground and so the Apex predator became a prey. When the hunters either died or left the hymaenems took their tech and began trying to learn it. This took a long time but the end of this process happened just after the gulag plague.

During the plague three of the tribes managed to leave their home world for newer hunting grounds and less competition. They managed to survive and even secretly thrive on many planets stealing anything they could to get by and as such it became ingrained in their culture to steal anything they needed or sometimes even things they don’t need. To add to this they would also eat whatever they could which lead to them being largely immune to illnesses.

All of them remained in secret until Tom finally chanced upon the tribe that had remained on Noverskaa while they were stealing some of the settlers tech. He watched them for several days noting that they were a savage people even with the tech they stole as they were still survival of the strongest. Which also added to a weird genetic advantage in which they are known to be able to remember anything for months on end which has lead to tom having to change codes every hour to make sure they don’t keep stealing from him.

Since that day the Hyaenem have been working alongside Mirdirmorut eventually coming to join most of society. Which then lead to them assisting in the creation of the Noverskaan Shipping Company which has employed a lot of Hyaenem allowing them to fly ships which most have turned out to be as good as any other race at thanks to their quick response using their natural agility to their advantage.

Last edited:
[member="Tom Taff"]

So a few things that need to be addressed regarding the strengths and weaknesses:
  • Is there a limit to what they can eat? If so, what can they not consume?
  • How does their ability to eat anything make them immune to diseases? Food poisoning or ingested poisons maybe, but I need a better explanation for their immunity to all illnesses and viruses and such.
  • In weaknesses, you say their eating habits affect their strength and ability to gain muscle? Can you explain this a little better because I am not seeing the connection here.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Added that they can't eat metals. Mentioned that all the food builds their immune systems making them more resistant to many disease which makes it hard for them to get ill. Made a connection that they tend to exist near major cities making it hard to hunt and thus rubbish is their main food source.

[member="Tom Taff"] Greetings! What cool little thieves you've created! I like them. I just need to make a couple small notes before being able to stamp this.

1.) Under Links: You reference yourself "Tom Taff" and "Srina's Cooking" but anytime you mention a PC character you should always add a link to their character profile. We ask that it be linked to the profile just in case the display name changes. If that happens the tag in the sub won't work anymore. So, I would add both of them to the links sections.

2.) Able to Eat Anything: This is such a fun perk. I just need to clarify it a little bit. My understanding is as follows: For the past 400 Years, the species has basically been eating rubbish. This could be, but not limited to, raw meat, refuse, and even potentially toxic waste expelled from the city. They do not eat metal. Because they will eat anything to survive they have developed a sort of "immunity" that has passed, getting stronger, from generation to generation. In the beginning, this diet might have made them sick, but now their immune systems remember on a cellular level how to protect the body from a variety of bacteria and harmful diseases. With that in mind, it is very difficult for them to catch any sort of general ailment or malady.

Is that about right? If so, I would ask that you try and reword that section a little bit like the above to make it more clear and finish "tying it together". Please feel free to put it in your own words.

Added that they can't eat metals. Mentioned that all the food builds their immune systems making them more resistant to many disease which makes it hard for them to get ill. Made a connection that they tend to exist near major cities making it hard to hunt and thus rubbish is their main food source.
Illness mean nothing at all - They can’t really get ill from normal things considering what they eat. This is because it assist in building up it's immune system.
I would also ask that you tweak this as well to show that this immunity "makes it hard for them to get ill" versus "can’t really get ill from normal things".

Lastly, what do you mean by normal things? Are they also immune to viruses? Poisons? Or just things like colds, flu, etc?

That's really all. It looks like a lot but I'm mostly just looking for clarification. Thank you so much for working with us!

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Srina Talon"]

Sorry about the wait. Site's been slow. Added both bio's to links and linked srina in her strength part. Also updated the strengths to make it clearer what the two mean.

[member="Tom Taff"] No need to apologize I 100% understand. ^_^

Links: I see Srina's bio [There's actually another extra Srina link all the way at the bottom of the sub. I think it did was an accident.] - But I don't see Tom's.

Strengths: That's much better. The note of their diet making it "hard" for them to get sick over "Can't get ill" is far more acceptable. That leaves room for engineered viruses and extremely virulent things that their natural immunity wouldn't account for. Good job!

All you have left to is add Tom's character sheet and remove the extra Srina link from the bottom and I can stamp this. Just tag me when it's good to go and I'll hop back in.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Fixed Links
changed to fit 4.0 template
fixed formatting
added new religious beliefs about the force
Added links to Mirdirmorut and NSC
Added more to the historical section about what they have been doing since tom taff found them on noverskaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom