Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hunting the Wicked (Valery Noble)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Illum
Southern Hemisphere
Near the Equator

Noah shivered even beneath the many layers of his bodyglove and armor of his personal Beskar'gam, the cold of the ice planet being one of the few things able to pierce the beskar exterior. He stopped mid stride and looked back at the squad currently with him. These particular men and women of the Galactic Foreign Legion were from the organizations 8th Regiment, the Frozen Chosen, legionnaires specially trained to fight in the coldest and most frigid of environments. As such many of them wore equipment suited to said environments including snow shoes attached to their armors boots and full length ponchos in arctic camouflage over their armor to help them blend in.

The reason they were there was a rather simple one: they had been paid. Well there was more to it to that but at the end of the day that is what it came down to. They had been hired by the local authorities to find and hunt down a group of less scrupulous mercenaries that had been harassing locals in the system and neighboring systems from their base on the remote world. Looking forward once more he brought his borrowed
rifle to his shoulder and looked through it's scope searching the landscape for any indication of sentient life.

No such indication was forthcoming and so he lowered the rifle and began trudging forward once again, intent on finding aforementioned mercenaries, removing them from the equation and then returning home to what he hoped was rest and relaxation, preferably with a hot drink and a warm fire in his study's fireplace with a magazine about 'The Galaxy's Cutting Edge Weaponry' across his lap.

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Tag: Noah Corek Noah Corek
Valery stepped out onto the icy plains of Ilum, wearing something that didn't particularly look like proper winter geat. The enviroweave used in the outfit was more capable of keeping her cold than one would expect but especially her use of Tapas allowed her to retain her body heat easily enough.
"Great.." she muttered as her orange eyes pierced through the darkness of Ilum in an attempt to locate the mercenaries she was after. For some time now, they had been harassing research outposts, and even got their hands on a small batch of crystals. The last thing she wanted was for those to get anywhere near the black market.
Time went by without a trace, but after a few hours of searching, she finally spotted some figures in the distance. From even this far out, she could tell that they didn't match the description of those she was after. This was somewhat alarming, so the woman decided to Cloak herself in the Force, making it impossible for them to see or hear her, even if they were using thermal vision or other fancy equipment.
Hiding within these shadows, she began to slowly approach them, careful not to leave too many marks in the snow. Soon, she was going to reach and confront them.
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah trudged onward and onward through the calf deep snow as he heard the complaints of the Legionnaires behind him, various gripes and groans about the biting cold they were experiencing, with the particular gripes being varied to each individual.

"Snow, I fething hate snow. I mean heat is one thing, you can strip and still be relatively effective but you can't pack on layers and layers before being crippled." This particular gripe came from Legionnaire First Class Lolis Whitman, a young Iridonian who had previously been a mercenary operating in the outer rim.

A snort rose from the Legionnaire two people back from Noah. This was Sergeant Miles Lillington, a former Imperial army NCO who had served as a snowtrooper.
"True but you can only strip so many layers off before you're compromised as well." This statement caused the Iridonian to shrug and quit his griping, for now at least.

They were trudging along for a few more meters before Noah suddenly ground to a halt, throwing a fist up in the air, universal military code for halt. Each of the twenty Legionnaires followed the unspoken order, while many of them hadn't met the Legion's commander before now they had heard the stories about him: Mandalorian, former Republic Army Commando, Omega Pyre Contractor and a whole lot of other elite job titles. Needless to say they had all been told to listen when he spoke and watch his movements.

Noah's eyes scanned the surroundings, flipping through multiple the various spectrums his helmet allowed only to find nothing. Deciding to instead rely on his eyes he reached up and removed his helmet, staring with naked eyes at Valery Noble Valery Noble and watching how the snow falling interacted with everything.
"Neat trick, woulda fooled me if I hadn't encountered it before." Noah's voice came out with a bit of a smirk.

bWMGgIz.png
Lightsabers: Link!
Ship: Factory link
Noah's eyes scanned the surroundings, flipping through multiple the various spectrums his helmet allowed only to find nothing. Deciding to instead rely on his eyes he reached up and removed his helmet, staring with naked eyes at Valery Noble Valery Noble and watching how the snow falling interacted with everything. "Neat trick, woulda fooled me if I hadn't encountered it before." Noah's voice came out with a bit of a smirk.

Valery heard his words and appeared from her Cloak, which likely seemed sudden and strange to those who hadn't been paying attention. She would then meet his smirk with one of her own, "Or if I had kept my distance. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet again." she said before she briefly looked around at the group he was with.
"It has been a while since we last met." she then said as her gaze turned back to Noah. "I hope you and your son are both doing well. But I must ask, what brings you all the way out here?" she gestured for the icy plains of Ilum.
"This isn't exactly a planet that gets many visitors." but as she said this, her eyes began to take note of all their equipment. They definitely weren't here on vacation - they were here for a job.
"Hmm, seems we're here for the same reason. Would you mind if I tagged along? This planet has been put under my protection from the Jedi perspective, and I have no interest in any credits you were promised for taking down this group. So you're not losing out on anything." she said with a smirk.
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
He let out a small chuckle and cradled his rifle in his arms as he looked at Valery, a smirk still spread across his face. "Eh, not really. That ability makes you invisible but not ethereal and so you still affect the environment...but that's just my opinion." Chuckling again he reached down and picked his helmet up, shaking off the snow that had accumulated since he had lain it down.

He nodded his head and snorted when she mentioned the length of time and his son. "I'm doing fine as is my son, my wives and the rest of my children...as much as they try and give me an aneurysm at times." When the topic of their being on the planet was brought up Noah looked around.

"What? This isn't Scarif? I swear the transport pilot swore it was." His sarcastic response was more a joke than anything but also a way of testing Valery Noble Valery Noble 's sense of humor. When she mentioned the possibility of similar motives he gave a nod.

"Well if that's the case then I assume your here hunting down the mercenaries plaguing the system as well...though I do find it odd they sent a single Jedi when my sources has their numbers as near a hundred along with some heavy gear. On the matter of you tagging along I can't think of an objection...one more gun is always a plus."

bWMGgIz.png
"I'm glad the family is doing well,"
Valery said with a smile. The joke he made about the planet, however, made the woman roll her eyes in response, albeit with an amused smirk on her face. With a small chuckle and a shake of her head, she focused on the task again,
"I wasn't sent by anybody - I was only made aware of their presence, and decided to take a look myself. It's my responsibility to look after this planet, after all. But if they are that numerous and well-equipped, it's certainly going to be a lot easier if we work together," she said with a nod.
"I also bring two guns to the fight, so it's your lucky day" she tapped against the two lightsabers on her hips and smirked - a joke of her own.
"Do already know where they are located? If so, I suppose I'll follow your lead. If not, perhaps I can assist with my senses. So many people close together on a barely populated planet like this is quite easy to pick up on."
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Valery Noble Valery Noble

Noah's smirk matched her own in both form and intensity when he sized up her reaction to his joke. 'Good, too many Jedi have their lightsabers shoved up their...well you know.' His inner monologue was cut short when her words about his family reached his ears. "Thank you for your kindness, I've found not all jetii have been so tolerant of me and mine." As another test he purposely used the Mando'a word for Jedi to test her reaction to his heritage.

When she mentioned nobody had sent her Noah racked his brain for a reason, his knowledge extensive about a great manner of things. His brain finally made a connection when she mentioned she was responsible for the planet. "Hmm, I wasn't aware that the Order had re-introduced the Watchmen...obviously I need to press my sources for info a little harder." His face took on a thinking look after his statement.

When she made a joke of her own he chuckled to himself. "Glad you have a sense of humor, most Jedi I've met tend to be rather...dour I think would be a good descriptor, don't know how Alex was ever one..." The last words were said more to himself than anyone, though he might elaborate if pushed.

"We have a...rough location but I'm sure that combined with your well attuned senses will be invaluable in narrowing down their location."

bWMGgIz.png
Valery tilted her head briefly at the way he referred to the Jedi, but the days where Mandalorian meant immediate danger and conflict to the Jedi were long behind her. In the Old Republic days she was born in, the Mandalorian Wars had only been 300 years in the past, so everything was tense. Now? She had already worked with the Enclave so Mandalorians hardly bothered her.
"Of course, I'm not one to judge another person's family," she said with a soft smile.
"You're also right about the Watchmen program — not a lot of us who are committed to it, but I chose Ilum because it's an important planet to the Jedi," she explained, but she was quite sure he knew that already.
"And glad you can appreciate the humor too." The woman then smirked and turned to look out over the horizon. While it seemed as if she was scanning with her eyes, it was her mind that connected to the Force, and truly looked for their destination. Up ahead, she felt a cluster of life, roughly in the direction Noah and his men had already been moving.
"I sense them up ahead, northeast of here. Maybe we can use the mountainside for cover? Or look for an elevated position?" she asked him for his input. "Either way, feel free to take point. You're better aware what kind of position your men would take the most benefit from."
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah was more than a little bit relieved about her benevolence about his family. "Once again I have to thank you, most Jedi aren't fans of Mandalorians...even one's whose family have deep ties to service to the Republic." Slinging his rifle over his back he quickly took his helmet that had been resting in his hand and slipped it over his head, the telltale hiss of his armor being sealed being easily heard before he unslung his rifle and cradled it once more.

"I've always had respect for the Watchmen, Jedi dedicated to a single planet instead of trying to...police the galaxy as some might say." He once again floated a test her way. "Ah yes Illum and its bountiful crystal caves...which I'm guessing our shared target is plundering and that's why the worlds Watchwoman is currently hunting them?" His voice carried a knowing tone, his question while phrased as such was more of a statement of fact.

He watched her close her eyes and motioned for his men to regroup into the column they had been in before to prepare them to move. Valery's words were met with a nod by Noah. "Surprisingly good tactical assessment for a Jedi. We'll use the mountainside for cover as we get into position, once we reach our targets location we'll conduct recon and go from there." He turned and whistled at his men before beginning to trek along the mountainside and towards where Valery pointed.

They walked in silence for a minute or two before Noah decided to speak. "So Master Noble, tell me about yourself. From what I remember we didn't have much time to talk when you were on Alderaan."

bWMGgIz.png
Valery chuckled, "That is why I'm after them, indeed, and I'm glad my tactical eye is still appreciated." The woman said. In the days of the Old Republic, she was often at the front, leading soldiers and Jedi and cooperating to turn the tide of battles across the front lines. She naturally retained those skills a great deal.
The group then began to move towards the destination, his men close to the mountainside while Valery remained close to Noah at the front, allowing her to provide cover if necessary, but also to assist Noah in guiding the group where necessary. She knew it was going to be a longer walk too, so soon, a question came up about her.
"We didn't; I was in a rush to get a ship so I could start traveling." she chuckled. "But I'm not sure where to start — I tend to not talk about myself very much. I just handle my duties, train my Padawans and whenever possible, I try to be with my boyfriend." Valery's tone briefly shifted. She had been separated from him for a while, so she missed him a lot. "If you want to know something specific, feel free to ask though."
With a soft smile, she continued moving until the group finally reached a position from where they could see their target. They had set up camp not too far out, but much like Noah said, they were heavily armed and had great numbers.
"Hmm, what's the plan?"
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah gave a small grin under his helmet when she confirmed he was indeed correct about her reason for being on the planet. He let an audible chuckle out at Valery Noble Valery Noble 's mentioning of her tactical eye. "Well you know the old adage, two of something is always better than just one...or something like that." While Noah played the fool he was actually a highly intelligent person, something that Valery may or may not have been able to pick up on so far.

He was more than aware of her position in the march, somewhat surprised and thankful that she didn't take the lead, too many times during his time in the Republic he had seen Jedi lead people and the results were...less than stellar. He doubted that Valery would be such a person but still old stereotypes tended be ingrained even in someone as experienced as Noah.

He heard her discuss herself, or more accurately avoid discussing herself. However when the talk turned to her boyfriend he would be oblivious if he didn't notice the change in her tone when she mentioned her boyfriend. "Tell me about that boyfriend of yours...I can tell you miss him. You had the same tone that I do when I talk about my wives when I've been away from them longer than I like." His tone was rather softer than usual, showing that his words were indeed sincere.

They finally reached a good enough point to recon the enemy camp. It was a rather ramshackle affair, enough tents to house them, a few more structurally sound buildings that most likely housed their loot, valuables and more heavy munitions. One building caught his attention: a small hut that looked like an ammo dump that was rather overflowing with volatile materials.

He handed a pair of macrobinoculars to Valery and pointed at the ammo dump. "We'll place explosives in that ammo dump, when we blow it they'll think it was an accident. They'll come out to put out the fires and then we'll hit them with everything we have. Once we've got them pinned down we'll close in and take them at close range."

bWMGgIz.png
He heard her discuss herself, or more accurately avoid discussing herself. However when the talk turned to her boyfriend he would be oblivious if he didn't notice the change in her tone when she mentioned her boyfriend. "Tell me about that boyfriend of yours...I can tell you miss him. You had the same tone that I do when I talk about my wives when I've been away from them longer than I like." His tone was rather softer than usual, showing that his words were indeed sincere.
Valery smiled warmly at him, clearly appreciating the question. It was often easier to avoid difficult conversations, to just keep things short and move forward, but she felt talking about it was going to only help her. "I do miss him. Very much," she admitted with no shame.
"I've found that the older we get, the more we look for reasons to get up each morning and go through another day. Things to motivate and push us forward in life. Well, he's the reason I get up. He has always been there when I needed him most, and never fails to show how much he cares about me." Valery smiled sheepishly, realizing she was getting to a point of rambling.
"I love him, but I won't be able to see him for a while. I know it's going to be alright in the end, though." Valery said, and with that, she decided to move forward.
They were close enough to take a better look at the camp. From a distance, she could already make up most of it, but it wasn't until she received his binoculars that she could follow along with the plan. Blowing up an ammo dump? It could work but she needed to voice her concerns as well.
"That surely draws attention, but we'll have to keep your men at a safe distance. It won't be a normal explosion — it's going to contain a lot of shrapnel." Valery said as she offered back the binoculars.
"As for setting explosives, who are we sending to do it? I recommend a small group to avoid detection."
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah fell back a bit to walk next to Valery as she delved into the conversation about her loved ones. Deciding to commiserate with her he reached onto his belt and withdrew from a pouch and actual, physical picture of what one would assume to be his family. "My vod, my family...or at least my immediate family."

His finger first pointed out a red haired and pointed eared woman, who flanked another woman along with Noah. "Alex, my first wife if you want to get technical...we met when I was working for the New Republic." His finger shifted to raven haired woman who stood in the middle of the photograph, her height towering over everyone in the picture. "Yasha, my second wife, again if you want to get technical. We actually met through Alex who was her lover when we met...turns out all three of us loved each other. Don't ask me how it works it just...does."

His finger again shifted to the row of seated children in front of the three spouses, some of them looking happy mostly because they were toddlers and didn't know better. His finger found a girl, or a grown woman as she would remind her parents whom was the spitting image of Yasha. "Adara, the oldest and from Yasha's first marriage, she's grown now and outta the house but still my kid."

His finger drifted towards a pair of dark-haired teenage boys, one looking bored and one looking antsy. "Magnus and Girak, or Maggi and Gigi respectively. Again from Yasha's first marriage. They're twins but opposites in every way. Gigi is patient, calm and relaxed, Maggi is...not."

His finger then found another pair of teenagers, one red haired boy and a white haired girl. "Junior and Morgan, you've already met Junior but Morgan is his twin sister. Junior is biologically me and Alex while Morgan is biologically Alex and Yasha...don't ask it confuses me to be completely honest."

Finally his finger came to the last two members of the family, two toddlers, girl and one boy. "Cahira and Alexander...or as I call them our little miracles. Yasha was injured and we thought she'd be unable to bear anymore children...imagine our surprise. Cahira is genetically me and Yasha while Alexander is...a bit of each of us, he was damaged and my sister and brother-in-law are fantastic doctors so they performed their magic and we got Alexander."

He stuffed the worn photo, evidence of just how much he looked at it, pack into its pouch before focusing forward again. "Before I met Alex I woke up everyday for one reason, just chasing money. Then I met Alex and Yasha and everything seemed so less...tedious, so less mundane. Now I wake up every morning in a warm and full bed, hearing the pitter patter of MY children's feet in the house and can't imagine my life any other way."

If one was had attuned enough senses they would detect a small sniff from the under the mans helmet. Noah's mind then refocused on the situation at hand, his training as a soldier allowing him to easily compartmentalize. "My men will stay up here on the ridge, it's got a perfect sight line and they'll be easily able to pick em off even once they find out where they are and as for the explosives, it'll be just be two people...me and you."

bWMGgIz.png
Valery turned her eyes to Noah as he began to walk next to her, and looked at the picture he showed her. While he began to explain more about his wife, and then his children, Valery would smile — the idea of starting a family with someone you loved had been on her mind for a very long time. She was closer to it than ever before now, and it seems Noah had been able to do just that.
"Quite the family you have there," Valery said with a chuckle. There were a lot of them, for sure.
"But the way you speak about your wives and all the kids — it's easy to tell how much they all mean to you," she said as she looked back up at him. "It's in the way you talk about them and smile when you explain what they're like."
Valery now looked ahead of them again for a brief moment.
"Kahlil and I hope to start a family as well. Just... maybe not quite as many kids" she said in jest with a large smirk on her face. The idea of more than one child had been on her mind — she was already pregnant with one — but so many would be difficult to handle.
The woman then focused on the encampment ahead as well and nodded in response to his plan. She agreed that leaving the men in good positions was the best course of action. Sneaking in and out to plant explosives with a large group was going to be difficult, if not impossible as well.
"Very well, lead the way."
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

He let out a small chuckle when Valery made a comment about the size of his family, the man well aware that his was much larger than most normal families but his family was also very much different than most as well. "It is indeed quite the large family...but I wouldn't trade it for all the credits in the galaxy."

He nodded at her assessment of just how much he cared for his family. "My family is my...well everything. The reason I do things that I do is so my children grow up in a better galaxy than the one I grew up in...which I think is the hope of every parent."

When he caught the name of her loved one Noah let out a long and somewhat muted laugh, his helmets speakers automatically muting it. "Kahlil!? Kahlil Zambrano!? That's your boyfriend? Oh what are the odds. Well next time you see him tell him Noah says he still owes me some credits. Also: good luck with that family and that's coming from someone who's got a wealth of experience dealing with Zambrano's."

After his gentle ribbing of her choice in life partner Noah began stripping any excess gear from his armor, the lighter he was the quicker he could move and the faster they could complete their mission. He stripped himself of almost all of it sans a pistol, three knives, a axe, his ammo and a small satchel. Reaching down he pulled the one of the knives, strapped to his boot, off and handed it to Valery before looking at her. "Here, just in case. Contrary to popular belief your lightsabers are quite loud...ever use one of these before?"

bWMGgIz.png
Valery smiled at his words, "I would agree with that. My partner has given me a lot more reason to get up and do what I do, and I'm sure our children will too." she said as her eyes looked ahead, still scouting out the area they were passing through. But then he caught on to who her boyfriend was, and she'd blink.
"Small Galaxy, huh?" she smirked. "And yeah, his family is the reason we're not currently together. But that's going to be changing very soon." the woman said with a lot of determination in her voice.
Valery then watched as he began to remove some of his gear to prepare for a more stealthy mission. She herself wasn't wearing much armor, nor did she bring a lot of weapons. So there was nothing that needed to be removed.
"I have," she said as she took the offered knife and examined it. "I've been in plenty of situations where lightsabers are not ideal, so I'm used to fighting with other weapons," she smirked.
"But if all of this goes well, we won't need them."
She then stepped in the direction of their target and took a deep breath.
"Ready when you are."
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

He chuckled when she mentioned the size of the galaxy and nodded to her words about his family. "My family, both biological and married into, have some..interweaving with the Zambrano's. My wife Yasha, she's Epicanthix just like Carnifex so yeah. But of all of the Zambrano's I'd say Kahlil is the best of 'em so you picked well."

Drawing his pistol from it's holster on his thigh he reached onto his belt and drew a suppressor, quickly screwing it onto the threading on the barrel of his pistol. He showed it to Valery with a grin under his helmet. "Is that so? Ever use a slugthrower like one of these?"

Quickly Noah began to trek down the ridge, making a beeline for the ammo dump, pausing every once in a while to make sure they hadn't been spotted. This went on for about a minute before they made it to their goal. Sliding up against the side of the building her began slinking toward the entrance. Peeking around the corner he quickly ducked back and signaled to Valery. 'Two. Around the corner. Follow up behind me.'

Taking a deep breath Noah rushed around the corner and slammed the first man's head into the side of the building before launching himself at the second man, pushing him up against the building and slipping the knife upwards under his jaw and into his brain stem before he could even react.

Withdrawing the knife he turned to see how Valery had fared before he opened the door and dragged the now dead body inside, keeping the door open for her to do the same before closing it.

bWMGgIz.png
He chuckled when she mentioned the size of the galaxy and nodded to her words about his family. "My family, both biological and married into, have some..interweaving with the Zambrano's. My wife Yasha, she's Epicanthix just like Carnifex so yeah. But of all of the Zambrano's I'd say Kahlil is the best of 'em so you picked well."
Valery looked at him and smirked, "Oh I know I picked well." she joked as the two began to move towards the encampment up ahead.
He showed her his pistol but it was met with a shake of her head, "Haven't used one, prefer not to." She said. For a Jedi, Valery had training in less traditional weapons than the standard lightsaber, but using blasters or slugthrowers was something she had little practice or experience with.
The two then made their way up towards the ammo dump, carefully to make sure they weren't spotted, and moved along the wall until they reached the corner leading to the side with the entrance. She nodded at his signal and when he began to move, she was right behind him, her knife drawn to engage the guard whose head he had slammed into the wall.
Noah jumped at the second guard with his knife and Valery quickly and cleanly made sure the other wasn't getting up. Slowly, she lowered the body and began dragging it inside along with Noah.
"I'm not an explosives expert, so I'll let you plant them. I can keep an eye out for unwanted visitors."
Valery said as the door closed, and their voices were guaranteed to be contained to just them.
F7r9prE.png

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Once they were inside and the door to the ammunition storage was closed Noah pulled the satchel off of his hip he had carried with them and laid it down on the floor in front of him, unfastening the latch on it and upended in a carefree manner, four blocks of putty looking material rolled out along with a about eight cylinder looking devices. "I'll admit explosives isn't for everybody, it's not as hard as people make it out to be though."

Pulling out his knife he cut each of the four blocks into eight and gently placed a cylinder into each block before turning to show one to Valery Noble Valery Noble . "Comp-X. A little something my company brewed up. Mostly detonite with a pinch of liquid baradium and a plasticizer mixed in. What does that give you? A mostly safe plastic explosive mixed with some of the explosive power of a thermal detonator."

Walking around the ammo dump Noah began looking for appropriate places to plant the charges, a crate of grenades here, a box of tibanna gas canisters here and et cetera. As he did this he began to talk, albeit quietly to Valery. "So tell me Valery...where are you from? I know you're Keshian but that doesn't tell me much."

bWMGgIz.png
A long time ago, Valery had a small astromech droid that was built with some demolitions knowledge. But she herself had never really gotten into learning it. Probably because most Jedi weren't exactly known to be playing with explosives or weapons outside their lightsaber.
With her traditional upbringing, she certainly belonged to that group.
"I was technically born on Keshi," Valery replied as she followed him around and studied what exactly he was doing. Even though it wasn't going to fully prepare her to set charges properly, she already picked up on a few things as they went through the whole ammo dump together.
"But I went with the Jedi when I was really young, so I don't really consider it home the way other Keshians would. I hardly remember anything about it." She admitted. "Most of my time growing up was spent on New Cov as a Padawan, so I suppose that's where I'm from? An old Enclave on a barely populated but highly dangerous planet." she chuckled.
"What about yourself?"
F7r9prE.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom